• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cataclysm 5 - "Melee Legends" Suggest Falco players now!

HugS™

Smash Lord
It kind of defeats the purpose of including players just to recognize more wild cards. Sorry, but while taj's m2 is amazing, the majority of his success came from Marth.

We don't have to make this THAT much of a wet dream. Just stick to the best players in the world (only the wildcards that deserve legendary status for their accomplishments with lower tiered characters), not best character players in the world lol

pockyD

Smash Legend
people are confusing "does ok with a bad character sometimes" and the cream of the crop

this is the top 4 (or 8) in the country from that big box of characters. frankly, if there's a debate about them, they don't belong

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
If we have the attendance that we want there is a chance for a 2Nd wild card slot. If we get the setups were aiming for we will have the time to do it. We have plenty of space XD
(abridged)
Kage
Linguini
HugS
HMW
Axe
Ka Master
Chu Dat
Wobbles

i can honestly see something like that working. although if you do 9v9 it seems almost worth it, albeit pretty arbitrary, to make it 10v10. that'd be a lot of wild card spots to gamble for...not sure if that's a good thing or an unnecessarily spotlighted thing.

oh, and if the character specific sections are going to be used to nominate the 7 top characters' 4 choices for this event, what/who will decide how to nominate and who to choose of the wild cards? one idea might be to just let the captains decide on those without any input from the boards (but with input from the rest of their team). otherwise i don't know how people would get to fairly choose the "best" from misc characters...seems a lot of people are picking their favorite players who spearhead lesser played low-tiers, but i'd also seem not very wild-cardy (lulzword?) if like chaddd, linguini, kage, and rockcrock were all chosen (not that they aren't all capable) to play. hope this question gets lots of good ideas and feedback, i'm curious as to see a creative solution to all that :D

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
people are confusing "does ok with a bad character sometimes" and the cream of the crop

this is the top 4 (or 8) in the country from that big box of characters. frankly, if there's a debate about them, they don't belong
I guess was taking this more literal I suppose:
The concept behind Legends Crews is to provide the ultimate show for the community. It will be an exclusive tournament for only the best of the best of the top 5 characters from around the world.

The other characters I was thinking would be more of the show part, and most of the player I named can compete at top level with those characters, altho I dont expect them to win any national tourneys.

I assumed the wildcard was following the same type of format, and they were only suggestions based on the fact that I think they would be exciting to watch in a crew battle such as this.

I I only thought that based on the best of the best of each character chars like ganon samus have a big enough pool to choose from where one would fit on each team.

HugS™

Smash Lord
@ Hazygoose: I don't think any of the four teams will have trouble choosing 4 of those wildcard players, and i don't think anyone will feel their decision was unfair in any way. I mean, no offense, but who's gonna pick, say Simna, before taking Kage, you know?

Oh and btw, with Mango and Hungrybox as possible team captains, it's clear there will be heavy regional bias in their selections. I don't doubt for a second that mango's team will end up a WC team, and Hbox's team will end up a Florida team.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
@ Hazygoose: I don't think any of the four teams will have trouble choosing 4 of those wildcard players, and i don't think anyone will feel their decision was unfair in any way. I mean, no offense, but who's gonna pick, say Simna, before taking Kage, you know?
that's actually precisely what i was getting at.

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL ****, it's funny how missing one word, like "otherwise", in a person's post makes you miss the entire point of the post.

My bad.

Animal

Smash Lord
Mango loves tristate. He might pick someone from here lol doubtful

Theftz22

Smash Lord
How but a "Wildcard" side event, for all the people mentioned who probably won't make it onto a crew due to Doc, Ganon, ICs, etc.

Animal

Smash Lord
mos deff. who gets pick will be interesting though. who should be the captains?

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
Well I was gonna say how Vwins and Bam deserve spots, but I guess that's not happening.. :/

This format is epic, but some will be left out.. like the falcons we can all agree all 5 are somewhat deserving of a spot, but there are only 4 teams. I personally don't think I could choose one that I like the least, as they all **** in different ways.
The two wildcard spots I think is a pretty good idea, it would encourage upsets and interesting couterpicks. And I think many have the necessary status.
Notably:
Kage. Hugs (or Wes). Chu-dat. Axe. Ka-Master. Lord HDL. HMW (or Bob$). Taj. Gimpyfish. PKM Vodka.

Imo, diversity is key.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Yeah 4th spot is up in the air for sure.

Honestly of all the top players show for this, this is just going to be absurdly epic, Going to get the best commentators i can find so we can make this an event to remember

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'd say Lucky as well and Zhu perhaps.. they are good! Maybe even Diakonos, but I'm not sure yet.. he's going to prove himself at Apex.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
Could mango pick himself to play every character? He clearly is top 4 for puff and falco, and probably falcon and fox, maybe sheik, conceivably marth.

Hax

Smash Champion
well lets name the top players for each character

Fox:
Jman
Lucky
Col Bol

Falco:
Zhu
DaShizWiz
Lambchops

Jigglypuff:
Mango
Hungrybox
Darc

Sheik:
Amsah
Tope

Marth:
M2K
HBK

Peach:
Armada
Pink Shinobi

Falcon:
Hax
SS
Darkrain
Scar
Isai

falcon's list is looking healthy.. someone help me fill out the rest of these?

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Were looking for top 4 so missing a good amount of spots, KoreanDJ to sheik easily though, if PC is in practice potentially fox / falco.. and cort for peach if he's active

Hax

Smash Champion
top 4.. hmm either me, scar or isai are gonna be tight when we're not picked lol

kdj is coming?

word to pc for fox, so that finishes the 4 foxes

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Yeah if all the Falcons show itll be tight, but as of right now Isai isn't very interested in playing Melee, he intend to come strictly for 64 as far as I can tell so that might settle that issue

and yeah, KDJ will be there / back from Korea

MaNg0

Smash Hero
well lets name the top players for each character

Fox:
Jman
Lucky
Col Bol

Falco:
Zhu
DaShizWiz
Lambchops

Jigglypuff:
Mango
Hungrybox
Darc

Sheik:
Amsah
Tope

Marth:
M2K
HBK

Peach:
Armada
Pink Shinobi

Falcon:
Hax
SS
Darkrain
Scar
Isai

falcon's list is looking healthy.. someone help me fill out the rest of these?

dont c how u didnt put me in fox falco falcon

even tho ive beaten all those falcons in dittos before

LOL

cept isai

Animal

Smash Lord
kirbykaze for sheik, Vanz for peach, tai for marth, strawhat for marth

Top Bottom