• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celestial Archives: The Samus Video & Critique Thread (Updated October 4th, 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I have that rule on the frontpage for a reason, Xyro. The more this thread expands, the harder it will be to find different links that people post.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
so why is posting allowed then? we need to sometimes talk about vids here some times.

Lucas you should just send it to Serris, no need to be 'active' first.
Way to bring up your post count.

Serris clearly states the rules on the OP.

On a much more cheerfulish note... I'll be adding my videos to this thread as soon as my Wii gets back from Nintendo, since the replays were sent to that Wii literally a few days after it died D:.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Added KillerJawz' doubles and singles matches, and LanceStern has now debuted on the Archive with eight videos.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

Xyro77

i got some vids uploading of me vs inui(ganon) and m2k(ike). just a heads up

Throwback

Smash Lord
can we post comments about videos? I was very impressed by lance's set vs MK, his tether cancels and shield-dashing shenanigans were awesome to watch.

can we post comments about videos? I was very impressed by lance's set vs MK, his tether cancels and shield-dashing shenanigans were awesome to watch.
We only do that in the Samus Critique Thread. This is just for submitting videos

Oh which btw Serris, more videos heading your way.

Xyro77

dude yes. please post comments here. THIS THREAD is where the videos are so you should be able to post comments here. That other thread its totaly ********. Its like getting a steak and having to go across the street to get a knife to cut it with. wtf

No need! Just break the rules. If he refuses to upload your vids, send them to KJ cause mods can edit threads at will.
Whilst that may be true, we should really attempt to get Serris' opinion on this before we make any rash decisions, but I would be more then happy to update the OP if Serris does not wish to continue the task.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Well, excuse me for having a busy week! In the meantime, I'll be adding your videos.

KillerJawz' singles videos against Izaw have been added. And, Xyro? BITE ME. If you hadn't been extremely rude about the way I handle the thread, I may have given your request some consideration.

Throwback

Smash Lord
Serris, Xyro was rude but it's not just him that thinks it's odd you can't comment on videos in the videos thread. It would be great if we could make comments where matches are actually posted.

Whilst the majority of us may want this, we also have to consider two things:

1. The negative aspects
2. Serris' opinion

Whilst I do have the power to edit this thread and do various other things, I must also consider what Serris would like. If he wishes for his thread to stay the same, then it shall, since he is the original creator of this topic. If you wish, I could always edit a link into the original post linking to the Scan Visor (Critique thread), this is however, if Serris does not agree to this selection. I shall attempt to get into contact with Serris regarding the matter, if he agrees, then he or myself can edit the thread to include critiques, if not, we shall have to make do I'm afraid which result in me adding the link to the original post.

I myself would like to see a critique section for this thread, however, ONLY if the owner of the videos allows their videos to be critiqued, then I could just warn anybody who does otherwise. That's just an example of how it could work however.

Serris has requested that the thread remain as it is for now. Feel free to bring forth a discussion with him if need be, but please take it to PM.

Xyro77

Very good videos vs izaw, kj. You play almost like me. This is a very good thing.

Xyro77

I just got done from a fest where i played our best IC player. i won 3 he won 3. Ill upload them soon.

FINALLY SOME ICS V SAMUS. Oh Xyro please do a writeup for them, we've got an upcoming ICs player here, I fear for my sanity ;___;

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
IC's arent too bad at all. They are a little easier than playing DDD. Still have an instant death thing going if they grab you, but their grab is so much easier to avoid. Zair is awesome too because it desynches them so well. It interrupts pretty much everything. You'll have an extremely easy time killing Nana off if anything. Sorry for not going in depth or anything, I only played Lain once so I speak from very little experience.

Xyro77

FINALLY SOME ICS V SAMUS. Oh Xyro please do a writeup for them, we've got an upcoming ICs player here, I fear for my sanity ;___;
See, the more i play the more i feel write-ups are useless. Pretty much all write-ups are the same if u think about it. There are only small things that differ from each write up. The only thing i can say for ICs is:

1. Dont get grabbed. Its easier said than done so i guess what i should be saying is dont get grabbed AS MUCH. ICs really cant damage you unless they grab you so its clear that w/e they do to do you end up(or lead into) a grab.

1a. ALWAYS ASSUME 1 grab=1 stock. This mind set WILL make u play more cautious.

2.ICs horizontal air movement is horrible. This means thier ability to chase you in the air is horrible. ABUSE THIS FLAW! This means u want to hang on top of platforms at all times. Though SV is a great IC stage, u can literally time them out just by riding the platform and spamming. Rainbow Cruise is another great stage to take them too. Its a moving stage that does not give ICs enough time to fully abuse thier CGs. RC is also a tage MADE of platforms so running and spamming while on top of them is a MUST.

3. Melee combat. We already know samus melee combat suck but its even WORSE vs ICs. Why? If they powershield ONE melee move it can lead to a grab will can lead to death.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
"2.ICs horizontal air movement is horrible. This means thier ability to chase you in the air is horrible. ABUSE THIS FLAW! This means u want to hang on top of platforms at all times. Though SV is a great IC stage, u can literally time them out just by riding the platform and spamming. Rainbow Cruise is another great stage to take them too. Its a moving stage that does not give ICs enough time to fully abuse thier CGs. RC is also a tage MADE of platforms so running and spamming while on top of them is a MUST."

You haven't made any real good posts lately except this one. my friend who's way better than me, wanted to practic IC's and I needed to learn the match up, so I came to the same conclusion. RC is the best stage to take them, Watch out for their grab on a high platform though, that is going to be one fo the only ways they will be able to kill you. One holds and the other Usmash. Other than that it's a pretty easy ride. I believe Dtilt out ranges their Bair as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom