• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships Orlando FL, 18,000Sqft Venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
It's a bit late for that...there's like a week left.
Hence why I'm not starting it. I know I shouldn't compare myself to anyone, so I won't.

I'll be having a great time at the venue, sleeping in them comfy beds at the resort. Hard work pays off, after the bills are paid of course.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lade, you and tampa know pretty much all of CFL. You also know that EVERYONE'S phone numbers are in the OP of the CFL thread. So unfortunately do to lack of management in the beginning, i suggest you just start texting/calling some people. CFL is pretty good about housing in general :)

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Lade, you and tampa know pretty much all of CFL. You also know that EVERYONE'S phone numbers are in the OP of the CFL thread. So unfortunately do to lack of management in the beginning, i suggest you just start texting/calling some people. CFL is pretty good about housing in general :)
I gave radiX my phone number to put in the OP of the UCF Brawl thread. He still hasn't updated it.

is this going to be big for smash? there has been no hype......at all.......for either game
It terms of hype, it all relies on the players. Players question whether or not to go to this tourney, instead of actually just deciding to go regardless. Not talking about you in particular, Linguini, but that's been the vibe. Jebailey made a post about this very issue earlier in the thread.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Yo Green Ace.
Wanna up that money match to like $50?
I'd like to reimburse myself for entering the tournament. Thanks in advance for paying my way into the tournament. You're a pretty generous guy actually. :)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
34 pages isnt hype at all. needs more hype.

HYPE. this is a national jeeeeeeeezzzz

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So question...

I'm riding with guys that are coming 4 SF4 and MVC3

Is Brawl singles just on Saturday?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
34 pages isnt hype at all. needs more hype.

HYPE. this is a national jeeeeeeeezzzz
It falls on the same weekend as SiiS5, and for this particular tournament Smash is basically a side event. We can't even register online for it. :laugh:

I signed up for MvC3. Disappointed that it's the 360 version, though. Guess I'm going to have to get a converter (or is one readily available at the venue?).

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
It falls on the same weekend as SiiS5, and for this particular tournament Smash is basically a side event. We can't even register online for it. :laugh:

I signed up for MvC3. Disappointed that it's the 360 version, though. Guess I'm going to have to get a converter (or is one readily available at the venue?).

No, SiiS5 falls on the same weekend as this. CEO2011 was announced last December and had this weekend since then. Failure on SWF Mods and Admins parts to not giving this tourney a sticky earlier.

Regarding MvC3, FL is a 360 state. The majority of the players that play SSFIV and previously MvC2 online play on 360, so it's the more logical choice.

You can get your stick modded there polt

:phone:
Polt doesn't play stick.

hmm....I might have to make an appearance at this.

:toonlink:
2nHYPE

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer

I honestly set it up that way because Eventbrite ***** me on credit cards fees and such so I wanted that extra cash in hand to pay the smashers right away since I only have capital for the main games already to payout. Plus since I'm not handling Smash registrations it just worked out easier the way I have it.

There will not be converters provided but there's going to be so many sticks I don't see it being a problem to borrow from someone in your pool when it's your turn to play as a last resort.

As for the lack hype Believe me, I'd rather have 50 pages of useful information and posts than 2,000 you gonna weed through, that's just too much. I did my best to hype things up but it failed, so for those attending again I want you guys to have fun with Smash and enjoy it and I thank you for the support. For those that aren't going to show up(that aren't going to the Ohio tourney that was announced 4 months after my date was set) you're gonna regret not showing up regardless if you only care about Smash and nothing else.

Any Tekken Fans out there? The creator/ Producer/Game Designer Katsuhiro Harada and Michael Murray will be at CEO.

And here's everyone signed up for everything other than Smash https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&key=tkqhkhd-SbaGCQK-2eYU0zA&hl=en_US#gid=0 That's over 400 people prepaid and good to go. This could of been you guys, but you'd rather go to a 1000 sq ft venue and sweat it out than be comfortable in a 18,000 sq ft venue. I get it :).

And a HUGE Thank you to D-Torre for really stepping up and handling this man, I won't ever forgte it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
CEO last year was legit on all fronts I thought

Obviously this year is more legit

David think we can start tourney at like 1pm? Reg stops at noon giving us hour to make pools. I definitely want pools created before you play your other games. Also who's handling mostly melee?

My only regret for popeyes is that the sponsorship doesn't include free chicken. Do we get some coupon swag though?

Also Jebailey I'm watching you closely on this cause I plan to run a national myself in the next year or so if I can get the startup venue funds

:phone:

Linguini

Smash Master
It terms of hype, it all relies on the players. Players question whether or not to go to this tourney, instead of actually just deciding to go regardless. Not talking about you in particular, Linguini, but that's been the vibe. Jebailey made a post about this very issue earlier in the thread.
I've organized countless tournaments so I know this already......I said I was coming from day 1. Though it's obvious something was lacking in the way the tournament was advertised for smash, as we are witnessing now.

Anyways, myself and green mario will definitely be there.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Where the **** has KYLE BEEN???(Green Mario) lol

CHICKEN??? :-3

:sonic:

and any1 got room 4 4 players?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
That'd be cool if 2nlio came down:D

He should bring any *willing* gainesville peeps also.

Edit: You know what i just realized...gainesville is like the town of mid-tiers for brawl...crazycuban,2nlio,ryo. Only one who liek..isn't is masky as far as people ive heard of lol.

Awstintacious

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone want to team with me because my partner from ATL, my hometown, can't make it now. I play Sheik, and I was hoping to find a Ganon, CF, or Fox to play with. I'm smart, but not anything special tech-skill wise. PM me if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom