• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
fun tournament

pulling bobacks strings with alan
**** grab/flinch game
gorillas with zoap
after tourney dinner was really good
baysians suck at figuring out rides

Adam M!

Smash Lord
yeah, it's easy to say when meep never even goes anywhere (and is probably very familiar w/ your style)

sidefx

Smash Champion
im willing to put money on bobby's marth being a LOT better than meeps.

and thats without being biased

=D

being biased? bobby has the best marth in cali =DDDDD

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
i don't know how we could do this (obv marth dittos aren't going to tell us a ton unless it's lopsided) but i would too on the other guy
Well, there are a few ways to do this, i would think. (If you ARE going to bet on it, that is. . . . . The prospect of betting sums of money intrigues me = D) A couple that come off the top of my head are:
The easy way would be to have them play 3 top players in cali in a bunch of friendlies (6-8 each, maybe more) and have them be the consensus.

And a slightly more difficult way would be to choose 3 (maybe 4) popular mains, hopefully 3 with polarizing tactical demands that marth would have to meet in each matchup. (hope I said this right; basically the skill set it takes to beat a fox and falco is more similar compared to playing a falco and a falcon, or fox and jiggs, so you wouldnt have both fox and falco be on that list) You would then take like 3 players who main or use each character pretty well and have meep and bob/justin play 3 matches with each one. (The 3 stages would be random-ed neutrals, each different, and the ones that were random-ed in the first match would then be used in the same order for each subsequent set in order to keep things constant) Write down each of the match results and stock counts, then compare them, contrast them, make a multiple variable regression graph . . . . you know, the usual. . .

Someone suggested an altered version of the second method when people were comparing jeff n darkrain. Even tho there was definitely not enough time to do that at genesis, I still think the idea was good.
Doubt that this topic will be continued for much longer, but if it does, let me know what you think. or hell, either way, what do you guys think of using the second version to roughly compare two players with the same main?

pockyD

Smash Legend
pretty meaningless when meep doesn't even go to actual tournaments, much less this hypothetical non-tournament

no big deal anyway; as P said, it's a pretty meaningless title to hold in cali

DJMirror

Smash Master
being biased? bobby has the best marth in cali =DDDDD
then i'll be biased as well

I really dont think bob$ dont have the best marth in cali (sorry)

i think FMF is the best marth in Cali

In so cal, the only good marth i know is P.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
no you wont... seriously thats not even funny lumpy
bro, keep telling yourself you can take a stock off my captain and hope you never have to test it.
isnt kfc a really good marth or am i confused
i have no grounds whatsoever to be making any comments on this topic.
with that said, i believe with some confidence that kfc's marth is the best in norcal.

i'm not saying this with an exagerated amount of confidence but i'm also understating my opinion in efforts to hide my bais towards kfc.

joeplicate

Smash Master
i just got back, stayed the night at zac's and then was at my dad's house today. i had a great time

shoutouts:
Kevin- thanks so much for coming with me, you're a trooper. Sorry if you ever felt bored or anything, or got annoyed with me when i kept wanting to play Zac or something like that, but I really appreciate you coming with. I hope you had a good time (albeit probably a long one for you), my silent companion gets the #1 shoutout.

SuperFatZachary- thank you for housing, the pancakes were delicious and your house is amazing. saturday night/sunday morning was a lot of fun, and you're too good against marth XD

Brandon- i know you have your good days and your bad days, but on your good days you get off, big time. forward, zhu, rey, etc. Pretty soon you'll add jeff to your list. good work. ps: you're a beast in rap battles, that was so much fun

Mitchell- I never really got to hang out with you or play you for a long time until yesterday, you're the ****. no exaggeration. your fox is so slippery and weird but also insanely smart and creative. good job getting prof. layton girl's number, and i'll be getting those 3 quarters, 2 dimes, and a nickel back from you at the next tourney

L- good job in teams. I feel like we're very consistent, even if we can't hang with more legit teams like rey and sheridan yet. I think the only thing keeping that from happening is a little more experience in doubles, which is pretty easy to gain. just play a lot of teams at tournies-- a good example is sheridan, who has a lot of exp but isn't exceptional in singles. staying up till 6 am playing you was mad fun

bobby siege, comin with the idea for the rap battles. i'm glad we did it lol, that was probably the most fun i had all weekend. keep improving:p

phillip deberry- NICE BATTLE. i feel myself slowly, slowly catching up to you; it feels like i can hang more when i'm really on my game. you're the best, but you already know that =]

lucien :mad: I'll get you next time! thanks for hosting me in the 925 when i came there this week, your sheik is amazing. Our set really shows that you have more tournament experience than me; it was cool watching how you kept it under control and stayed focused to win 3rd round (even though it kind of sucked from my end =/). See you next time! edit: omg, it was "zodiak lucien" that i was thinking of haha

dajuan- thanks for playing me haha. I'm lookin to come up to San Pablo some time this week, Thursday night - friday morning is probably good if you absolutely can't on tuesday. our matches were really good, I'm slightly upset for getting mad at myself after the tournament, but it's all in good time. 1000 ways how not to build a lightbulb:). I'm looking forward to going to the college soon

alan- you're the homie. in-n-out was sooo ****, asking all the hypothetical sex questions, talking **** to various people and making all the old people in the restaurant hate us. thanks for riding with me, i'll see you sometime this week

I'm feeling a lot more confident about myself; these last 2 weeks or so I've really put in the work, and I can see the results, so that's tight. At my absolute best now, I can see where I need to improve; resetting to neutral is about the worst thing you can do, but also rushing in and trying to force a situation to your advantage is bad. It's all about doing the dance with your opponent, predicting their moves, keeping your "space," and being able to punish once they mess up (fox is good at this in any situation) and compartmentalizing your game, knowing when to switch from punish mode, to dance mode, to get-out-of-punish mode. I think the best time I had the dance down was playing dajuan in those first money matches, and later playing mitchell, but it's really interesting anyways. I learned a lot about myself as a player; I need to learn how to accept losses better, too.

darrell, rey, sheridan, kevin (pocky), chris, casey, jeff, derek, brian, and everybody else who i forgot, it was cool seeing you. till next time

this weekend was pretty amazing
thanks everybody

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
i reallly wish i coulda gone to this

but i got some cute girl's # during my 8 hour shift

so i GUESSSSS it's okay

Good **** everyone!

edit: KFC best marth, then FMF, then PewPewU

bobby doesnt go anywhere =O

The___cheese

Smash Lord
@Joe/Dajuan : What's wrong with tuesday?

Btw if we're playing on tuesday someone from San Pablo needs to either bring a gamecube super early or give me one.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
mitchell's fox is slippery? LOL

yea i had work that day -.-

uhm my bid for best marth is MIKE666

he plays once in a while

last time i played him he ***** me

I'd literally put money on his marth against others, he wasn't known too well when he was in the smash scene

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
dude wtf lol i dont have the bestanything of any chracter

i have the best fire poison mage tho GET AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!

*not going to any tournaments till january*

bye guys leaving for hte philipines on the 24th. =D

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i reallly wish i coulda gone to this

but i got some cute girl's # during my 8 hour shift

so i GUESSSSS it's okay
god it's so dumb when someone "brags" about this on smash boards. you seriously have that much trouble getting a girl's #? they give em out like candy nowadays. if anything getting a facebook is the new number

pockyD

Smash Legend
justin's won tournaments over zhu and jeff with his marth

kfc lost to hydro kirby and macd

supthis is all in good fun and i hope nobody gets offended

MacD

Banned via Administration
well based off performance i'd say it's bob$, he ***** at genesis, he even beat larry

Winners' bracket
Defeated Caotic
Defeated DEHF
Defeated Eddie Mexico
Lost to Raistlin

Losers' bracket
Lost to Jman

Naota21t

Smash Champion
iunno how anyone can argue that there is any marth in CA better then justin's.

name another cali marth that's been able to beat Zhu, Jeff, and Lucky.

Top Bottom