• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibo's Brawl Wavedashing Guide: Applications, Techniques, and Tutorial Updated 10-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i just recorded a lot of great matches using "melee 2.0" lol. im cutting em now and have em uploaded soon.

Adapt

Smash Lord
That's all I see there. =\

get some glasses?

And how about you address the points instead of making vague generalizations that only have a superficial effect on the outcome. I know how to DI, and DI can only modify your trajectory so much, and it is well within the abilities of the characters I mentioned to react to your DI on the fly.
Yes you have played with the hack and I have not, but until you actually support your opinion I am going to assume you are an idiot and not thinking things through or testing thoroughly.

Xanthus

Smash Apprentice
You know, at first I was for this "only air dodge once". But after seeing some arguments, vanilla Brawl is better than including this hack.

"Seriously.... due to the general floatiness of brawl, the better projectile games, and the amazing recoveries of certain characters the limitation of a single airdodge is a very big deal!"

XienZo

Smash Lord
Its not like most characters airdodged much on their way back anyway, since most chars would prefer to protect themselves with aerials or approach from way above or below the stage.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Look, you had people spamming the hell out of you in melee and also only had one airdodge, lets not forget its easy as hell to recover to the edge im brawl, assuming your smart enough to posistion yourself so you cant get gimped while your off the stage.

AND I DIDNT SEE LINK ONCE IN THOSE VIDEOS!

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
I was so happy to see this but I don't think it will ever be implimented at a standard but I think it would be extremely fun to play.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
You realize you can hack brawl all you want, and even put l canceling in it, but it cant be used in tournament play. This would need to be an overall used format and tournament directors wont use this when the turnout consists of people using this version and people using the actual game. Suck it up, play the game it should be played, slow, with no speed and lots of camping. This can't and won't be used in tournaments.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Just notes I took. I'm undecided on how I actually feel about this. Props to all who noticed these problems before me.

Problems with implenting Wavedash:

Jab locks
Tech Chasing (G&W and Snake have broken throws now)
Diddy
Marth
GlideToss ??
Metaknight
Creating inescapable combos, such as in Melee (may be a pro, there are more defensive options)
Enhances camping ??
D3
New easy inescapable chain throws? (D3, Falco, Olimar, Marth)
Erases much of the work done since the game's release
Reverse Aerial Rush ?? (Able to change directions and move in any direction at any time. Melee didn't have the same RARing.)
Juggling (Flying is balanced with airdodging. Pit, Kirby, Meta, D3, and Charizard for God Tier)
Eh, welcome to S-Tier Pit. Flying was balanced by the airdodge system in Brawl. WOI allows you to fall faster, you can shield in midair with Down B, and you can stalk your opponents in the air with flying, gliding, and an awesome UpB. Your opponent's also can't dodge your arrows as you effortlessly snipe them to death. How does it feel?

For all of you that think Wavedashing doesn't make MK too broken: You're right. He's about as good as he was before in comparison to the rest of the cast in terms of ground movement. But, you're forgetting he falls quickly, and jumps 5 times, with Shuttle Loop, Glide Attack, and a FRAME 2 UAIR. Please try not getting juggled. kthxbai

Pros
Combos
Gets around tripping
Rewards aggression
Adds to movement and spacing
Not character specific

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
There should be a debate thread made on whether this would make brawl better or broken.

Alot more people would need to try it out first.

Im sure a good few melee veterans already have.

Im getting this at the weekend when I have time.

wakka444

Smash Ace
Hmmm, honestly I'm very happy to see this for funnsies.

I believe that if we were able to turn off things like wavedashing, l-canceling and autosweetspot in Melee A LOT of people would have fought to the death for that, but we couldn't.

This forced us into learning these and truly truly exploiting them and creating major advantages for certain characters that hadn't originally existed.

Many wouldn't want these advantages on so they would turn them off. Of course that is all hypothetical nonsense but some of us miss what those things offered, especially for a new game that should continue on Melee not rebuild it from scratch.

We don't want to play an old game for an experience we enjoy.

People that liked wd, l-cancel, ect would turn it on for melee and vice-versa, but instead here in reality we're gonna turn it on in Brawl so we have something new, and something nostalgic to enjoy, there's no need to get defensive or try to stop or insult others for it, its for fun.

Pc games are constantly changed to increase their fun level there is no reason to try and stop Brawl.

Wow I used so many pronouns XD sorry haha

kupo15

Smash Hero
why do ppl say go back to melee? Seriously, I for one like Brawl the way it is but I would love to humor myself with my fantasies of what this game should have been like. This thread isnt a debate about using it in tourneys its just to help ppl try this out for ****s and giggles. aka fooling around to get some enjoyment out of the game. The fact is that Brawl with melee stuff is not the same as Melee with melee stuff. Stop telling us how we should play our game or else your no better than Sakurai.

This is sweet I need to set this up tomorrow so I can have fun fooling around while still enjoying the default gameplay of brawl!!! I cant wait for L canceling either

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
because I know how human beings work, and I can actually see this becoming some form of tourney standard because it's becoming obvious that people wanna play this...

How much do the tools to use these codes cost? I never looked into it, but I think an investment might have to be made...

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Holy ****. It's like a new game.

It seems there will be many variations of Brawl in the future. Are people just going to set up 'hacked Brawl tourneys' and regular Brawl tourneys?

Interesting.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
People are getting the wrong idea about the codes > >;;, for those who didn't hear:

There is no way that the codes will become the official tournament standard. I'm sure that these codes were designed to see what Brawl would be like with Melee's mechanics, an answer to everyone's "what if" questions about WD in Brawl.

Nobody is destroying Brawl by making these codes, this is like playing Melee with an action replay, and I'm pretty sure Melee was unaffected by that. The current tourney rules aren't going anywhere soon.

Nobody is saying that you can't use these codes for side-tourneys etc. If that's what you want to do, go ahead.

Wakka444's post said it well, its just for fun ^ ^

That aside, the mod looks interesting. Can't wait to mess around with it.

Iwan

Smash Ace
haha...looks fun to mess around with.

Useless competitively though...melee already exists, which would mean this isn't needed. Especially considering the physics don't even utilize WD'ing that well anyway in brawl. WD'ing isn't that useful as a spacing move anymore in brawl because the game's speed isn't like melee's, and using it to slide off and edgegaurd is near useless because of the "auto grab" in brawl anyway....

Just play melee if you want wavedashing.
lol.

but im well aware that this is all in good fun, and if i had ocarina I'd totally mess around with this :D.

On a side note, this would make characters like metaknight and pit so broken...one airdodge. Think about it.
o.o

I can't wait to get my hands on this. I wish I never traded in my Twilight Princess.

And what's up with all of the dumb *** people struttin' in here as if what they are saying hasn't been said or is significant in any way?

We payed 50 bucks for this game. We can do whatever the hell we want with it. You guys simply want to instigate an old argument (Which is based on an opinion) based on your opinions when people generally don't give a rats ***. People simply respond to you because people can only be ridiculed for so long. Well congratulations, we made your day and gave you our negative attention. Now that that is over, why don't you find something productive to talk about, or better yet, remove the broom stick that's shoved up your *****.

Just like you tell us to play Melee, why don't you play Brawl and do what you want with it without giving us your opinion on what is politically correct. Also, nice way to use company rights as an excuse to back up the folly in your argument.

08 members. Seriously...Seriously stupid.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Either way this hack brawl is definitly going to take off in some way.It not actually that hard to install homebrew/twilight hack if you pay attention to how it s done.Plus it's the most awesome thing you can do with your wii for free.

ADHD

Smash Hero
This is amazing, the game looks so much better with this. I just feel bad for yoshi now.

I have a question chibo, can you catch items falling down with the Z button without initiating the airdodge?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I can't wait to get my hands on this. I wish I never traded in my Twilight Princess.

And what's up with all of the dumb *** people struttin' in here as if what they are saying hasn't been said or is significant in any way?

We payed 50 bucks for this game. We can do whatever the hell we want with it. You guys simply want to instigate an old argument (Which is based on an opinion) based on your opinions when people generally don't give a rats ***. People simply respond to you because people can only be ridiculed for so long. Well congratulations, we made your day and gave you our negative attention. Now that that is over, why don't you find something productive to talk about, or better yet, remove the broom stick that's shoved up your *****.

Just like you tell us to play Melee, why don't you play Brawl and do what you want with it without giving us your opinion on what is politically correct. Also, nice way to use company rights as an excuse to back up the folly in your argument.

BEAUTIFUL POST! It's a shame the idiots posting that "go play Melee" crap will ignore this.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Just notes I took. I'm undecided on how I actually feel about this. Props to all who noticed these problems before me.

Problems with implenting Wavedash:

Jab locks
Tech Chasing (G&W and Snake have broken throws now)
Diddy
Marth
GlideToss ??
Metaknight
Creating inescapable combos, such as in Melee (may be a pro, there are more defensive options)
Enhances camping ??
D3
New easy inescapable chain throws? (D3, Falco, Olimar, Marth)
Erases much of the work done since the game's release
Reverse Aerial Rush ?? (Able to change directions and move in any direction at any time. Melee didn't have the same RARing.)
Juggling (Flying is balanced with airdodging. Pit, Kirby, Meta, D3, and Charizard for God Tier)
Eh, welcome to S-Tier Pit. Flying was balanced by the airdodge system in Brawl. WOI allows you to fall faster, you can shield in midair with Down B, and you can stalk your opponents in the air with flying, gliding, and an awesome UpB. Your opponent's also can't dodge your arrows as you effortlessly snipe them to death. How does it feel?

For all of you that think Wavedashing doesn't make MK too broken: You're right. He's about as good as he was before in comparison to the rest of the cast in terms of ground movement. But, you're forgetting he falls quickly, and jumps 5 times, with Shuttle Loop, Glide Attack, and a FRAME 2 UAIR. Please try not getting juggled. kthxbai

Pros
Combos
Gets around tripping
Rewards aggression
Adds to movement and spacing
Not character specific
Have you actually tried the wavedashing yet? While it seems a lot of this might be true, a lot of it isn't lol. jab locks aren't any better. you could pull em off with walking. tech chasing makes it a bit faster, but its better. its possible that certain grabs are chainable like warios dthrow at very low percents, but not more than a couple throws till like 30%, it actually has a much more technical feel and is tough to pull off. diddy is a lot better if give ya that but not broken. its just that he can pick up banasas with wavedashing so that makes him a lot faster. marth gets the same enhancement a lot of chars get. glide toss with wavedashing is nice :). i havnt foudn any new inescapable combos, there might be a new one, but i doubt it. if there is, it will involve moving though. MK isn't as broken as one would think. it can essentially enhance camping, but it also enhances anti camping more lol. d3 doesn't benefit much at all fro wd'ing. brawl things are still great like jumping backwards (idk why ppl call it RARing its barely an adv tech), and glide tossing. juggling is not that easy. the air dodge also works with momenum so if u use it right away after getting hit, u can get a slightly longer air dodge, and get away from the opponents quickly, or air dodge up to a platform. pit is better imo cause he has more options in the air, and his WD just feels so nice, s tier though? not quite sure.

shanus

Smash Hero

I wish I could turn on a filter for posts from a certain members year. I've been itching for it for the longest time

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I'm too lazy to download the code and test it out, but I think falcon might have an infinite grab release on MK with this out....
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195599

I think falcon almost had it before, but he couldn't get around to make it an infinite.

This makes brawl even more broken =X I suppose it's alright for friendlies but it will never make it to being accepted at a tournament level

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry if this has already been posted (I have to leave in literally a couple of minutes), but I've been using wavedashing with Ganondorf, and it seems that you can't wavedash off of a platform like you could in Melee. I haven't tested it with anyone else, but it's likely the same case.

Revven

FrankerZ
Just finished watching all your matches Chibo, good stuff! I'm going to be uploading a few matches today myself, if you wish you can add them to the first post when I post them. The WD IS SOOOO epic with Lucas, OMG (as well as Luigi). <3 it. Definitely will post a few matches later. Also, Chibo, you might be interested in this form of "L-Canceling" Phantom Wings made yesterday.

Code:
Shield Canceling (Phantom Wings)
80000000 80623320
80000001 00000000
60000006 00000000
60000003 00000001
4A001000 00000000
4A101001 00000000
36000000 00000032
58010000 00000004
DE000000 80008180
58010000 00000060
DE000000 80008180
92210002 0000007C
58010000 0000007C
58010000 0000002C
92210003 00000004
4A001002 00000000
34000038 00000015
36000038 00000019
4A001003 00000000
10000084 00000080
E2000002 00000000
80100001 00000008
62000000 00000001
E2000003 00000000
80000001 00000000
80100000 00000244
62000000 00000000
E0000000 80008000
Basically, it allows you to shield anytime during your landing lag on aerials, probably best used with the SSBM Air Dodge so you can WD right out of the aerial... to combo... and etc. Keep in mind, you have to HOLD it I believe... pressing might not work but, give it a try.

de3king

Smash Rookie
Awesome. Maybe it wont be included it tourneys but it´ll be fun to use it in friendlies

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ah theres the shield cancel code. i heard of it but didnt see the code till now. im home from college for the weekend without my wii, so il experiment with it on sunday. if this + no + tripping + wavedashing works well, then il host my first side tourney for Brawl+ (as someone called it on a thread, i like the name) on oct 31st, cause im holding a melee tourney then

kangaroo

Smash Cadet
ah theres the shield cancel code. i heard of it but didnt see the code till now. im home from college for the weekend without my wii, so il experiment with it on sunday. if this + no + tripping + wavedashing works well, then il host my first side tourney for Brawl+ (as someone called it on a thread, i like the name) on oct 31st, cause im holding a melee tourney then
Brawl++ would be better ;)

Apartheid

Smash Rookie
This kind of hack is about as niche as it gets.

I'd be interested in seeing if any venues pick up this form of play as official, but I won't count on it until I see it.

Neat, but a bit archaic. "One step forwards, two steps back", if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom