• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibo's Brawl Wavedashing Guide: Applications, Techniques, and Tutorial Updated 10-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
This kind of hack is about as niche as it gets.

I'd be interested in seeing if any venues pick up this form of play as official, but I won't count on it until I see it.

Neat, but a bit archaic. "One step forwards, two steps back", if you ask me.
You got it backwards Brawl took 2 steps back.

ADHD

Smash Hero
diddy is horrible with wavedashing. Sure he can pick up his bananas very well, but it gives other players a very good chance of stealing them.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
This does make the game a whole much better.
-thanks to ElChibo, "PhantomWings", the HomeBrew creators and others who contributed. This could be possibly an insurrection/abberration to Nintendo's intended way Brawl should have been but now bound to vary by our inherent powers that would be utilized for the best.

-I offer my thanks and offering of my main to you all who did, I won't disappoint.(or at least think of this as my exact gratitude to your contribution).
---------
CLASS OF 2009!

Revven

FrankerZ
diddy is horrible with wavedashing. Sure he can pick up his bananas very well, but it gives other players a very good chance of stealing them.
Hmm... good point.. I never thought of that. Not only that, but, the opponent can also "Glide Toss" the banana (I put it in quotes because they're really wavedashing towards them and then throwing the banana shortly after). Aside from that, Diddy has some potential he didn't have before. You can down Glide Toss the banana and WD towards it to regrab it and repeat the Glide Toss the same as before as a mind game. You can even Glide Toss the banana at them and then WD in to grab, Fsmash, Dsmash, Usmash, Ftilt, Dtilt, or even WD into an aerial attack which could then be canceled by the S-Cancel if you fast fall it, at which point you could WD again either back for the banana or forward.

Diddy HAS potential but, it doesn't necessarily make him COMPLETELY horrible. He'd be better than Meta Knight, who suffers probably the worse thing imagineable with S-Canceling and WD'ing on.

But, I suppose it depends on the players and I haven't really been using Diddy with the codes on so, what do I know. It's best to see how this works with other players and see what happens at Chibo's side tourney for this.

Revven

FrankerZ
Wow, its possible to play Brawl on offense now
Yep, my matches from yesterday with my friend prove that too... just have to get up all the best ones that show it... In the meantime, I managed to get three up.

0WN1N (CF) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 1
0WN1N (CF) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 2
0WN1N (CF) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 3

I was trying for the approach of the knee since S-Canceling removes all the lag off of it, but, as you can see it's not that practical due to the way the sweetspot works. I should've been doing Nair and Dair at higher percents. But, ah well, I got two knees off in the second one (which wouldn't have been possible without S-Canceling) so I'm happy.

bigman40

Smash Master
If only it didn't affect Yoshi like that, then I would like this hack (not that I don't like it now, but I just don't like it screwing my character).

Revven

FrankerZ
Awesome videos. I wonder how S-cancel affects Ganon?
Ganondorf? Oh God, it is INCREDIBLE. His Fair totally pwns the hell out of anyone who dares to approach him. You can even scare people with it, use it as a mind game to make them THINK that's what you're going to do but, instead you can WD in with a jab or even use the auto canceled Dair. Ganondorf is a beast, a complete beast with this on. My only complaint would be that you might forget to S-Cancel his Uair if you do it too low to the ground.

Anyway, more videos for here too.

0WN1N (PT) VS. ANTZ! (Falco)
0WN1N (Mario) VS. ANTZ! (Wario) (I mess up quite a bit with my Mario here... but, if you notice, double Bair is very possible with Mario if you DI right).
0WN1N (Samus) VS. ANTZ! (Peach) (not finished processing, should be though by the time you see this post).

Most of our matches were used to mess with characters and see how they play under these conditions. Although, you can probably tell who I'm good with and who I'm not once I get the rest up (won't be for about a day or two until I have ALL the matches up).

Anyway, enjoy.

Bob 2 Be

Smash Cadet
i dont know if anyone has this problem, but everytime i try to export the cheat file from "wii cheat code maanger" a error pops up and says,

"Error at code:

4A000000 90180F7C
10000098 000000XX
E0000000 80008000

Maybe you have to replace placeholders first (like XX) "

It seemed to work fine at my friends house, but once i tried my computer, this error pops up.

any help?

Revven

FrankerZ
0WN1N (Marth) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 2

Another video to keep those at bay if they can't use the codes. Also, very entertaining for what it is anyway. Still uploading and recording moar matches.

Edit: here's match 3.

0WN1N (Marth) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 3

We picked HT a lot yesterday for the lulz. Partly because in Melee, we used to play there a lot for the extremely long matches. With S-Canceling, it reminded us SO much how our matches were in Melee. Ahh... so good.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Falco400 lets play! 0387-8439-8094. (California,Los Angeles) (wired connection).

-post back if your interested, I need to play someone online with these codes. I have the codes so lets just play.

JohnAnon

Smash Cadet
This makes me angry. Why? No, it's not just the fact that the only thing tourney***s want is a Melee 2.0, it's the fact that people waste time doing THIS rather than doing something good with it, like, you know, MAKE BRAWL BALANCED.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I am 100% against this thread and what it stands for.

This shouldn't be in the"Brawl Tactical Discussion" as it will not and cannot be competitive

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
This is cool.

/subscribed

Edit: JohnAnon, Tristan---if you guys don't like what's going on here there's a number of options.

1) You can click the "x" button.

2) Hit the back button.

3) Click User CP and go look at the other threads you've subscribed to.

4) Hold us in contempt WITHOUT typing anything, seeing as how this thread isn't a "versus" or "complaint" thread.

5) Go make a thread BAWWWing about something that, while cool, is not going to become a standard for ANYTHING and it'll probably be on the side at tourneys for FUN.

Keep your *****ing up and I'll report both of you.

Smooth Criminal

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
though it doesnt even out the entire roster, it brings MK down a bit due to to the fact that WDing and S-Canceling doesnt really improve him in any way. Thats more balanced than before imo.

We already know the likelihood of this being used in competitive play is highly unlikely, so why not hack it for freindlies (granted if I get the items to do this I will have a Brawl+ tourney in November)

Also, quick question (dont report me for asking or anything) but why are u gonna read a thread u already know u hate? I just dont see the point in wasting ur time on something like that.... do u pay for concert tickets to bands u dont like or something so u can criticize them?

Smooth Criminal said:
Edit: JohnAnon, Tristan---if you guys don't like what's going on here there's a number of options.

1) You can click the "x" button.

2) Hit the back button.

3) Click User CP and go look at the other threads you've subscribed to.

4) Hold us in contempt WITHOUT typing anything, seeing as how this thread isn't a "versus" or "complaint" thread.

5) Go make a thread BAWWWing about something that, while cool, is not going to become a standard for ANYTHING and it'll probably be on the side at tourneys for FUN.
You forgot one.....
6) DONT CLICK THE FN THREAD

Nakamaru

Smash Master
/subscribed

This is looks amazing. Not sure how i feel about the zero lag cancels, but i guess with the decreased shield stun of brawl it doesn't matter all that much.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Falco400 I understand, I myself can't play much because of studies. I'm going to register your fc, just confirm saying you did or you are not going to register. (I have to take out tripping though so maybe tuesday)

PS:Nakamaru, Mr.Game&Watch's wavedash is just like Melee's, L-Cancel for him is great. Playing G&W though feels like uppermost tier level!!!NOOOOO!!!! awell...
-hes freaken fast
-better than Melee G&W thats for sure
-insuperable if you know how to use him against opponents of anykind because your adept with him to a high extent.

I 3 stocked my friend many times yesterday due to combo, bacon/sausage predicting of there trajectory.

---------
CLASS OF 2009!

Soyaku

Smash Rookie
Wow!

Those matches look so fun! Wow!

I care a lot about the competitive aspect of the game, and this just changed everything for me.

Looks like fun times are ahead for me, even though it may not ever become standard play, I will at least still have fun with it.

Thanks for posting the videos.

Xis66

Smash Cadet
Now all I need is a code to add Roy and Im in business (I can dream)
Oh well Lucario and your grippy traction feet see ya next exploit maybe

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
S-cancelling gets rid of all lag by shielding? Seems like Ike could get some fun combos from S-cancel dair->jump cancel-> aerial. Also, can he chainthrow his fthrow through wavegrabbing?

On a somewhat different note, would it be possible to get rid of the full stun after the airdodge, and just make it so you can only airdodge once before hitting the ground? It always seemed like having full stun after an airdodge completely negated the point of it.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I have one thing to say to those who keep trying to say it won't become tourney standard:

It's a better idea than low tier tournaments.

Because what's so fun about playing only the crappy characters? People still tier *****. Most people would only play Luigi or Link for low tier tournaments.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Mosquito
This provides more balance and much more room to explore Brawl (since the metagame wont improve much if at all without the hacks)

I honestly doubt it will be standard for MLG but it does deserve the idea of being thrown into tournaments. People will gain new stratagies and the overall gameplay will improve (and call me nostalgic, but I would like to see some 4 Stocks in Brawl that dont take 5+ minutes to play out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom