• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibo's Brawl Wavedashing Guide: Applications, Techniques, and Tutorial Updated 10-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One day, Sakurai's 11-year-old son wanted his father to create him a new Super Smash Bros. game because he would get prison-***** in Melee. Sakurai agreed and began the development of Brawl. Sakurai's son supervised the development of the game and made sure it was just the way he wanted it to be; he even wrote a storyline for the single player mode (a fan fiction he had been working so diligently on). Sakurai did so and eventually released a demo for those lucky enough to attend an expo. The players marveled at this new game and were delighted to see the return of advanced techniques that gave them advantages over unskilled players. Sakurai's son was on the demo all day getting savagely beaten by everyone else. That night, Sakurai's son came to his father weeping, "Everyone is too good! I can never win! Make it easier so I can win too!" His father made it so. Brawl was released without any advanced techniques that were present in Melee. Good job Sakurai, you ruined the game by being your hypothetical 11-year-old son's *****.

Now we have a few brave hackers, willing to repair the damage Sakurai had done to Brawl.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO

Anyways, my friend and I have been playing with this a lot. We call it "Melee 0.5". Excellent job of correcting Sakurai's mistakes.

P.S. - Grammar-***s and "Pure"-Brawl-***s can **** right off.
P.P.S. - Spontaneous post ends here.

infernovia

Smash Ace
I think we should explore items on brawl before we experiment with self-made hacks.

That said, this looks amazing.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I think we should explore items on brawl before we experiment with self-made hacks.

That said, this looks amazing.
Shut up Keits. You're obviously Keits in disguise.:psycho:

Seriously, **** Evo's ruleset. They really needed to be concerned more about players not the audience.

infernovia

Smash Ace
Shut up Keits. You're obviously Keits in disguise.:psycho:

Seriously, **** Evo's ruleset. They really needed to be concerned more about players not the audience.
lol.

Come on, we haven't explored anything in items on or atleast I haven't seen a major display of it. I am pretty sure we know more about wavedashing application right now than items on brawl (community wise). Just saying. No offense to the guy who made that items on rule thats stickied.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
lol.

Come on, we haven't explored anything in items on or atleast I haven't seen a major display of it. I am pretty sure we know more about wavedashing application right now than items on brawl (community wise). Just saying. No offense to the guy who made that items on rule thats stickied.
Eh... the end result is that items still represent a random element. Just watch the Evo Brawl finals. Anyone can see that Ken was winning until CPU got an item. They spawn in random places and will give random advantages to whichever player is closer.

ISP is still a side tournament thing. Unless you're Evo:laugh:

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
The Matchs were fun, i think that Pit wavedashs the best.
For some reason pit has weird traction on the ground, which makes him less susceptible to comboed and being CG'd
D3 unless Timing is very good along with marth, Pit can break out of it. I think it's because the game's sliding effect after Pit's glide is introduced with Pit's Reverse Pivot Slide, his Glide Toss (farthest in game) and his wave dash.
Pretty cool, No? ~.&

infernovia

Smash Ace
Eh... the end result is that items still represent a random element. Just watch the Evo Brawl finals. Anyone can see that Ken was winning until CPU got an item. They spawn in random places and will give random advantages to whichever player is closer.

ISP is still a side tournament thing. Unless you're Evo:laugh:
Its still worth a serious look into rather than a shrug off.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Has anyone tried this with high gravity? I'd love to see some vids of that.

Also, question. If you get this whole hack going, can you reverse it and go back to regular-old Brawl if you so choose?

Revven

FrankerZ
Also, question. If you get this whole hack going, can you reverse it and go back to regular-old Brawl if you so choose?
Dah, all you need to do is boot Brawl normally without going into the HBC and booting the game through Gecko OS 1.07 + Ocarina.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
WTF how is that possible krned255 you are a member since 2006 and your barely on your first post?Amazing!!!

Sesshomuronay, wolf is flimsy,faster of course so his metagame has not varied.
---------
CLASS OF 2009!

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
I'm too lazy to download the code and test it out, but I think falcon might have an infinite grab release on MK with this out....
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195599

I think falcon almost had it before, but he couldn't get around to make it an infinite.

This makes brawl even more broken =X I suppose it's alright for friendlies but it will never make it to being accepted at a tournament level

You fuggin serious?

Holy ****ing ****balls. Get the Falcon boards to test this. Like, now. I dont use Falcon, but if this is true, it's the ultimate in irony.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I wonder how long Sonics Wavedash would be? Anyone have a video of all the characters wavedash length

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I'm sure someone's thought of this, but I haven't seen anything posted. I'm reluctant to make a thread, since the mods seem close-happy these days.

RAR + Wavedash

Pretty self-explan. Just wavedash your RAR, and depending on the character you can get a sliding attack that will cross up the opponent and hit from behind. The easiest application would be to extend the reverse dash grab range by RARing into a wavegrab.

I can make a vid and a thread...do you guys think it will be closed? lol

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure someone's thought of this, but I haven't seen anything posted. I'm reluctant to make a thread, since the mods seem close-happy these days.

RAR + Wavedash

Pretty self-explan. Just wavedash your RAR, and depending on the character you can get a sliding attack that will cross up the opponent and hit from behind. The easiest application would be to extend the reverse dash grab range by RARing into a wavegrab.

I can make a vid and a thread...do you guys think it will be closed? lol
If hitstun was increased, you might not need the wavedash. And I'm not sure anout that vid AND thread. Maybe just a vid.

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
I didn't try for more than a minute, but I could wavedash with luigi at all really. With Ike however, I could wavedash better than I could in melee. He just seems to be especially easy to wavedash with. I love wavedashing towards them with a jab, or doing it away when they rush in and following it with a ftilt. Also wavedashing back and forth underneath someone who's falling and just waiting to abuse them with an Upsmash is fun as well.

Ricki Li

Smash Rookie
PSA's

if you have PSA's such as shadow, goku, tails, knuckles
will they freeze by WDing?

And also, if i put/add in the Meele Air Dash 2.1 code
will it disable my texture and stage hacks?

please reply im desperate for wavedashing for all characters :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom