• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chu Dat's DOJO Results

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Entertaining results read. tourney was fun though. we also got to watch the whobo livestream in between matches(EEvisu was trolling on my account...smh)

Lol at lobos post

Junebug is getting really beast. he'll start placing high soon. i might have slikjinxed it tho

Lukky enter next time

Neo no more Sds

Meep...ban ICs :mad: lol good ****. Guess i need to start working on my peach again

We all convinced chu to pick up secondaries...well...not really...meep did

Lobos stop sandbagging

Atomsk good **** preparing me for my return to NJ. I'll outgay all of them

Zig has a tite venue. He has an early closing time but if smashers can start being punctual(myself included), there's no reason tournaments can't be finished before 7

Deez and I easily had the closest set. He shoulda won

Rookie Turbo. Good ****. I knew you guys had top 3. Too bad you became enemies in singles

Candy used wario in tourney. good ****

Kadaj. I shoulda stole Candy from you lol. good set in tourney

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Dazwa = Atomsk
Darc = EEVisu

Fine Slik, don't shout out to your teammate :p It was good teaming with you again dude, even though you could do a lot better than me as a teammate. You've gotten so good recently (and I haven't played vanilla Brawl outside of tourney in like a month :ohwell:)

Candy, use Wario more :laugh:

Tant, good **** running this and getting it done in time.

Lie, good **** earning your name douchebag.

Poyo, I'm not uploading your replays and I'm not sending them to you.

Especial good **** to everyone who played Brawl+ with me! For the people afraid that there won't be a tourney scene for the game, there are already 3 Brawl+ only tourneys in the Tournament Listings in PA and NY, and there are 2 MD/VA tourneys coming up that are gonna have Brawl+ on the side. Oh and there's that whole thing where Brawl+ is a better game and all...

Curio

Smash Cadet
Darc I let you down, I was so out of it =[

Interesting day, Lie is a sad little man but Chu is a dedicated TO, he really wanted this to happen despite the bull**** lol, good stuff~

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
lol, my bad jcaez. i just got amnesia from all the gyros i took to the head. good **** in teams. we coulda placed higher. we just messed up at key points. Brawl+ is good, but there's too much hitstun. I shouldn't be able to nair with wario jab jab to double jump fart. It has like double the melee hitstun

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm actually talking to the guys in charge of Brawl+ right now. I told them most of MD/VA feels there's too much hitstun and combos are too easy. I think they're gonna lower it a bit.

junebug

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts:

1: Meep (Ice Climbers/Marth/Metaknight)-stop ****** xD Your 2 good now

2: Dazwa (Atomsk) (Dedede/Toon Link) (also used Lucas and MK in finals)- you should've beat up poyo :p seriously haha

3: Chu Dat (Kirby/Metaknight)- thanks for helping me get to the venue, that sux about lie

4: Slikvik (Wario/G&W)- fun MMs. :( @ SDs. i needa step it up. next time, we'll crew battle. im not chickenin out.

5: Kadaj (Marth)- dang, ur marth is really good. o.o should've went DK; probably would've done better

5: Neo (Sheik)- I LOST TO A SHEIK!!!! WTF WTF WTF xD stop being so good. nice job takin a match off meep with sheik.

7: Turbo Gilman (Dedede/Pikachu)-haha, i didn't get to play you :( we needa friendly sometime. btw, could u send me that match or get someone to upload it? thanks :)

9: Rookie (Fox)- *throws gordo*

9: Tantalus (R.O.B.)- nice steppin it up :) ATHF FTW

9: Junebug (Lucario/DK)- Poyo: 'F JUNE AND HIS GAY CHARACTERS'

9: ESOJ (Diddy/Dedede)- i need diddy practice :(

13: Bonk (Ice Climbers)- thanks for the ride back; fun talkin to u. wifi? xD

13: Kawaii Poyo (Metaknight/Kirby)- dont know him

13: YO (Pit)- u taunted too early man :) good close matches

13: Darc(DDD/Marth) [aka EE]- stop getting 13th. xD jk, good job. ATHF represent!

17: JCaesar (R.O.B.)- WE'RE CLONES! except im brown

17: Deez (Diddy/Dedede)- no jones :p good MM

17: Sin (Snake/Lucario)- gimme mah money xD

17: GIGLIPOP (Pikachu)- nice improvement; hope to see u again andrew

17: 22 (Snake)- fun MM, good snake

17: dublio (Pikachu)- U FAILED ME ;)

17: Lobos (Toon Link)- i needa play u dude, i havent played u since november. we woulda played if i wasnt 2 chicken to crew battle xD

25: Zander (Metaknight)- ur cooler than poyo :) how'd u do with my controller for that match?

25: DK Kountry (Olimar)- DK Kountry = olimar? eh, okay lol

25: Wisty (Bowser)- ggs, send me the link to ur matches bro. id love to ur ECRC vids. :)

lil b- enter singles xD thanks for the ride back, and fun talkin with u. ATHF!

everyone else: MD/VA FTW!!!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i tried goin to tourney and even saw the venue changed to lie's house.i got there at 1 and someone who was leavin told me it was cancelled.where was the venue moved to?

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
Chu- thanks for pulling it together and being determined to git r' done!

Nack- thanks for helping me with my ROB match-up, I'll take your advice and start maining Jigglypuff asap to counter your ROB. :p

Neo- good matches, dude.

Swayze (I think?)- good Counter-Strike matches lulz!

Poyo- I heard you were being a ******* to my little bro, you better tone your little wannabe ****-talking act down before you find that little f4ggot-*** doll you haul around shoved up your *** and clogging your crapper. Tone. It. Down.
hey pal, I'm just trashtalking, right?

Lie- We're all gone, you can come out of your room now. Just fyi.

Meep/Candy- I found 95 :)

In regards to the tournament itself, I'm glad it all came together, but for the next Chu dojo, I'm definitely going to try to bring a Wii AND tv to help out :)

Peace out. Good games all around.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Shoutouts

June- your welcome
Deez- good stuff ggs
Meep- LOL
Poyo- still my fav smasher
EE- xD
Tant- GOOD **** great job getting it moving
Chu- god **** your committed to keep the tourney alive good ****
YO and nacker- good **** coming back and all keep it up
ATHF- is **** **** you JLB
Rookie- good stuff nice talking to you
crossjeremiah- wow westVA good stuff nice shiek
Neo- stop SDing like poyo

LIE - **** YOU

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
I missed the tournament during the venue switch (the 2nd one lol), what a waste of good gas, but good **** to everyone who made this tournament still work, most notably Chu. Wish I could've made it, but that's alright. My big surprise was ruined anyway by circumstances outside of any tournament mishappenings. Guess I'll just have to catch the next one.

Obligatory good **** to Meep for repping/winning with Gay Climbers XD.

Especial good **** to everyone who played Brawl+ with me! For the people afraid that there won't be a tourney scene for the game, there are already 3 Brawl+ only tourneys in the Tournament Listings in PA and NY, and there are 2 MD/VA tourneys coming up that are gonna have Brawl+ on the side. Oh and there's that whole thing where Brawl+ is a better game and all...
Wait time out. I know Chu's gonna be holding Brawl+ as well as Brawl at his next invite bi-weekly, but where's the 2nd one being held at? And more importantly, when?

ChuDat

Smash Master
Alright as for the situation, I will try and summarize it quickly from my own perspective.

I arrive at Lie's place at midnite on friday to come pick him up and go to the actual venue to check it out and make sure everything is alright for Saturday and the tournament. He tells me that their are NO chairs and NO tables at the place, so i'm like.... "alright whatever we'll see what we can do about it". So we get to the place and keep in mind the house is supposed to be empty for the tournament. We get to the place and there are cars parked in the driveway. I'm like "ok wtf is this". He says "oh hailllzz nahh there aint supposed to be no one here, my dad said so". I say "well did you ask ur dad if u can do a tournament here". and hes like " yeah, he said no one is going to rent it out until a month later". -_-.

Obviously, I had to think of something since the kid didn't know what the hell was going on. I told him to call his dad and tell him about it. He pusses out and doesn't call him. So what other option did I have? I went up to the front door and rang the door bell. No one answers. Lie then proceeds to ring the door bell annoyingly several times, and then hides behind the bushes while I wait in front of the door. =_=. No one answers, so we started heading back to my car. The window opens up and some man speaks.

He says :"do you know what time it is?"
I'm like:" Yes, I am very sorry to disturb you at this hour. I need to let you know that there are going to be 50 people here tomorrow expecting to play a tournament".
as I'm explaining the whole situation, Lie is jumping up and down saying "lets go! lets go! my dad is going to kill me". I tell him to shut the hell up and he still yells.
The man says:" This is not my problem, I called the police already".
I say: "There are going to be people here tomorrow knocking on your door. I just wanted to tell you this. Alright, we are going, again I'm sorry to disturb you".

We leave the place. I am pissed. Lie tells me that he knows another place where we can do the tournament at 100% for sure (I even asked him ARE YOU CERTAIN and he says "yes, I am certain". This place happened to be his fathers house. So we drive back to the area where his fathers house is at. He gets me lost for about an hour, he doesn't even know where the place is!!!!! -______________-. I'm going up and down the streets as he is saying "I think u take a left here, turn back the other way, oh wait its not this way i remember a mcdonalds". I'm even more annoyed with all of this ****. We finally get to his dads place and I ask him if I could use the computer to post that the venue has changed. The internet decides to act up on us even though Lie was using it earlier that day =_=. This was even more annoying and I felt bad for the kid since he was getting upset at his confusion so I decided to help him out and try and fix his computer. It doesn't end up working so I just call someone up to post that information for me.

Later that night, we go to the basement where the tournament is supposed to be located at. It's a MESS. I told him to clean it up so we can move **** around for the tournament and reorganize ****. The guy goes up stairs for something and "forgets" to clean it up. I'm there figuring out how everything is going to work and where to put everything. I call his azz to come back downstairs and help me out. He comes back and I tell him to clean it all up. He goes back up stairs for something and "forgets" AGAIN and goes to sleep which leaves ME to clean up the whole godam basement. I don't end up sleeping until 6:15 AM Saturday morning.

I wake up Saturday morning at about 8:30 and Lie comes down and is like "oh **** I fell asleep man!". The guy doesn't even thank me and just makes excuses -_-. I'm like *** it, everyone is coming in about an hour so we gotta start moving things around. So we move furniture around until about 9:15 or so. My next move was to make sure EVERYONE arrived at the right place so I drive to the previous venue and wait there for people to arrive so I can give them directions to the right place. A few cars arrived. I wait there for about 2 hours. It's now 11:00 AM, the time the tournament was about to start. So I start driving back to his dads place to where everyone was. When I get there, I told Lie that I needed to talk to him so I drag him upstairs. He receives a phone call from his Dad...

His dad says: " Why are there 40 people in my house? Get them out NOW or i'm calling the police." So I'm like... "ok wait, so Lie didn't even FUC*ING ask his dad if we could have the tournament here..". I try to talk to his dad and reason with him but he doesn't listen and just tells me to get everyone out or he's calling the police. You can imagine how upset I was at this time.. haha. I just ignore Lie, go downstairs, smile, and say "The police are coming, his dad wants EVERYONE out NOW. Don't worry, we WILL have this tournament no matter what".

Luckily, VERY luckily actually, a guy named Dan saves our azzes and calls up the owner of a Lan canter to see if we can have the tournament there. The owner agrees and welcomes everyone to come. I couldn't believe it, but I was **** happy that this happened. We all get the address and go the the THIRD venue. Lie was nowhere to be seen at this point. As I am about to enter my car, I see his dad and say "I'm sorry about this, we are all leaving". He doesn't say anything and just walks inside his house. I'm like whatever and I start driving to the other venue. 2 minutes into driving, I see the police pass me by! If we were there 2 minutes earlier then we would have been screwed. So I would like to thank EVERYONE for their cooperation and UNDERSTANDING of the entire situation. We get to the venue and we continue the tournament.

A BIG THANKS goes out to theTantalus because without him I don't know if we could have finished the tournament. Tantalus was a prompt and professional TO and did VERY WELL doing the tournament in under 5-6 hours! Sorry you didn't get your donuts! haha.

I was very happy at the end of the day and how things turned out. What an experience hahahah. Also, I am VERY VERY SORRY for ALL the inconveniences that everyone went through and hope that I can make it up to you guys at the next dojo tournament somehow (Barbeque? haha. I'll think of something)

PS: I even got a business deal going on at the Lan center so expect the continuation of future dojo tournaments being run WITHOUT LIE haha.
PPS: I just wanted to mention that people were definitely fooling around at this tournament and not taking it serious but its alright, It's not really a concern because of the whole situation that happened (Don't worry this doesn't apply to everyone for example Tantalus who stepped his rob up that day!). I just wanted to let you guys know so that for next time we can train hard and get better! =).

Curio

Smash Cadet

as I'm explaining the whole situation, Lie is jumping up and down saying "lets go! lets go! my dad is going to kill me". I tell him to shut the hell up and he still yells.

-

I wake up Saturday morning at about 8:30 and Lie comes down and is like "oh **** I fell asleep man!".

-

"ok wait, so Lie didn't even FUC*ING ask his dad if we could have the tournament here..".

-
These parts had me rolling.

KoreanStriker93

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this seemed like an...interesting tournament, glad you guys pulled it off though...and gratz to meep for first. I'll try to make the next dojo...

and I second Meeps idea of banning lie, lol...

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Chu forgot the part about the guy who happened to have the GPS that got us there, lol nah jk. GJ to you and Tant getting this done.

Everyone I played - Fun games, good stuff

Everyone I didn't play - We should play!

I realized I can't play at all when I'm hungry -_-, note to self bring food next time.

Drephen

Smash Master
even though im not part of the brawl community at all and im from the midwest

i have to say good **** chu, tantalus, and everyone who helped out

this is what keeps smash alive and the community alive. Again good ****

Deez.

Smash Lord
Sigh... At this tournament. so upsetting for the way it went. wasn't organized at all... but in the end it was okay.Just goes to show you me and P~S were right. Lie can't be trusted. Anyway here's my shoutouts

1.Meep- good **** for steppin it up for MD/Va
2.Atomsk- always good seeing you. your too Goodz in teams clearly lol. your TL is mad annoying! lmao
3.Chu- Good stuff Boss. way to handle it the problem in the nick of time sir.Mk?? not bad
4.slikVik- Urghh!!! so mad at myself. Next time I wont keep it so close. nice finish though, had to dap u up because u didnt give up.
5.Tant-Eww I lost. lol good games no jones, next time ill make sure to win.MAIN ROB!
6.Poyo- You better not quit! just step it up. alot of ppl have bad tournys.
7.June- Lol steppin it up.
8.EE- LOL! my Mk is too Goodz... HaHa
9.Neo- [Sad Face] you picked wrong twin, lol :p. yea no more SDs my dood
10.Rookie- nice meetin ya sir, u funny mah dood lol
11.Turbo- TOO GOODZ IN TEAMZ!
12.ESOJ- lol almost beat candy good ****.
13.Candy- Meh.. youve done better.
14.Alex- More mario dittos for mms :p
15.Shiek Player- Good friendlies lol. your shiek is Sick!
16. LilB- Lol I hate your yoshi. stop trying to mm my Mk. you'll **** me. :(
17.Lukky- Lol soo funny.. Vik's driving is too goodz!
18.Lobos- Lol same placing... maybe i should be the one quitting . XD
19.JC-Stop playing Brawl Plus...
20. all the other new smashers I met, you guys should come out to more sorry your first tourny was such a bad experience, Chus tournys are really well organized most of the time. Lie is just a guy to host tournies with. LOL!

Also the others in P.A

1.Boss-Good ****. why split? :(
2.P~S- blah 5th??? step it up sir
3.Plank- good stuff in teams
4. G-reg good **** boss man

Lobos

Smash Master
His name is lie lol, anyways I wasn't feeling singles yesterday blah but teams were fun. LoL Lukky's car was in the lead of the pack of cars behind us since I had a gps. The venue was actually pretty cool plus we coulde actually use the computer and play some pc games or watch live stream of whobo lol.

I did help tantulas alittle running the tourney, also concerning playing money matches before tourney.....you guys are lucky that tantulas is such a nice guy. Some people are better off not being in the smash scene.......Its like ****ing jtyme all over again. Anyways Good **** chu for coming thru like that and for Dan for finding us that venue.

Shout outs for everyone GGs I was on and off yesterday but let me know if you want some TL practice.

Lobos

Smash Master
We didn't have any recording setups besides the wiis that had the infinite replay hacks......or anyone that got ***** under 3mins LOL

Top Bottom