• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I do know dem Rob AT stuff, I used to main Rob not so long ago. I just think he looks boring to watch, but so does brawl overall anyways =/

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Rob's ATs might be cool, but his metagame isn't about using them over and over again duh...

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I thought it looked really cool honestly

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Nevermind it looks okay. It was just ROB who I didn't like. I would probably use Peach/Falcon like I did in Melee.

Sorry for the dumb question but do the aerials automatically cancel when you touch the ground?

That's the only think that i wish they had kept from Melee to brawl L-Cancel.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Nevermind it looks okay. It was just ROB who I didn't like. I would probably use Peach/Falcon like I did in Melee.
That's fair. But if I may ask, what is it that you like about ROB in Brawl? If it's his up-B or (for some crazy reason) his side-B, then I can understand why you wouldn't like the changes to ROB:M. Outside of that, ROB maintains the things that make him "ROB" pretty **** well.

Sorry for the dumb question but do the aerials automatically cancel when you touch the ground?

That's the only think that i wish they had kept from Melee to brawl L-Cancel.
Wait ... does that imply that you think the best part about Melee was ... L-canceling?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Changing ROB's up-B is a huge loss imo. It's elegance lies in that in can change how nairs/bairs/Uairs space, changing that makes me a sad panda.

I'm with stockfield when he says that falco looks more fun to play.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Frankly, the problem with his up-B is that it is simply too good for a Melee environment.

The new system limits his recovery to still be quite good (and quite bad if you screw up, as it should be in a Melee environment), and gives him additional technical and fast options on stage. You can still use it to space your aerials, you will just be moving a lot faster and your opponent will have less time to react. Perhaps his Brawl up-B allows for a bit more freedom of movement, but the airdashes let you cross characters up or chase in the air like no other character can. And best of all, it's just plain fun. If you get a chance to try it out you'll know what I mean.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
That's fair. But if I may ask, what is it that you like about ROB in Brawl? If it's his up-B or (for some crazy reason) his side-B, then I can understand why you wouldn't like the changes to ROB:M. Outside of that, ROB maintains the things that make him "ROB" pretty **** well.

Wait ... does that imply that you think the best part about Melee was ... L-canceling?
I don't know it't just the way he looks while playing him it looks awkward lol. But yeah it's probably his up-B.

No I actually don't like/play Melee. I mean I did a while back but as soon as Brawl came out I preferred Brawl.

I like the way Brawl is now but the only thing from Melee that I wish Brawl had was L-Cancel not that it was the best thing about Melee.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Surprise everyone, I have seen that video a long time ago!
Link me tourney matches where that stuff is used and I might reconsider my opinion, but I still think Rob is boring to watch.

Guys, why are you even bothering trying to convince Ahvena? He obviously doesn't have faith enough in ROB to see the video.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
dude! stop linking me to creepypasta, im not one for watching that kinda **** really XD
id just gotten that one out of my head too

Sudai

Stuff here
lol

After you look at those for a while, look for half dads. Combines Pokeparents by taking the top half of one and sticking it to the bottom half another. They get pretty good.

Psyduck is probably my favorite so far.

Farfetch'd is pretty legit too.

"You cannot date until you are 16

Before then you will succumb to the vices of the flesh"

"We do not need electricity

The Lord will light our way"

Lmaaaaaoooo

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So I am totally hyped for the 3DS to come out. I'm already figuring out the color I want and the games. I'm gonna get friends together and go to the midnight release in New York and I've made almost 60 posts in the last 24 hours at a 3DS forum.

Top Bottom