• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Titans 5! ~ Twitter Updates @vVv_ChiboSempai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danzos Arm

Smash Rookie
What if I can "might" make it, do I still need to give up 20 dollars? PM me your number thread host. Maybe you can help me get here.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok everyone, we're really starting to come up to the event time here, it's less than 2 months away!

I'd like to thank each and every one of you that have registered early!

however for everyone else...

REGISTRATION ENDS ON MAY 31st!!!

Details on door registration will be provided after online registration closes. It will be based on how many people sign up online. It will be more money than online registration

If you want a name badge and to be seeded properly into pools (which will be posted online prior to the event), you must sign up online

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yes, you can add doubles at the door

if you would rather pay for it online to get it out of the way, pm me

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
HOTEL UPDATE

I have been in contact with the Sheraton Hotel that is just a few blocks away from the venue and we are working on something for everyone. Hopefully things will be settled out within the next few days (as soon as today) so I can provide information to all of you on this.

However, I have an alternate option for all of you as well.

The Microtel Inns & Suites
8840 Tinicum Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19153
Phone: 215-492-0700

This is located right next to the Philadelphia International Airport. I'm not 100% sure if you can walk to it, but if not you can hop on a train and it's about 3 minutes away and would only cost a couple dollars I would imagine.

The room rates here are cheap and very affordable. I just searched for the weekend of this tournament and they average to be about $60-$70 per night, which is great for all us Smashers trying to find housing on the cheap.

However, keep in mind that this is next to the airport, not the venue. This certainly isn't bad though. If you are driving to the event, it's about a 15-20 minute drive from the venue. If you aren't driving, you can hop on the train (the same train people take from the airport to the venue) and be at the venue in about 20 minutes for something like $6 each way. Check the info in the OP (at SWF, if you're reading this post at not SWF lol) on the public transportation. The Eastwick stop on this line (which is the stop after the airport) is right next to the hotel and brings you to 30th St Station, which is about 3 blocks from the venue. So if you drive, it's easy. If you take the train, it's easy. And the place is cheap. I don't know what the rate for the other hotel will be yet, but even if I get it for the $130 per night that I got it for CoT4, the $65 at this place is much much cheaper.

Sharky

Smash Master
ok due to a rather extremely disappointing (and kinda insulting tbh with the reason they gave me) letdown on a potential summer job..................................................this weekend is fully opened up and I can still go. XD

Chibo when you say discounts on setups can I bring just a wii and get some money back or is the tv necessary as well? I can bring a wii no problem but I have no tv that I could take on the megabus with me =/

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Very cool

Also in case people were wondering about the registration end and other things like setup reductions, etc. Money is due to the venue in the first few days of June hence the end date. Nothing I can do about that though, people need to be signed up by May 31st. Depending on how much money is leftover from venue means the more I can give back for people bringing setups. I already have a ton ready for the event with VGBC, but I def wanna provide as much money returned as possible for setups to make the trip cheaper for you guys + get more people to bring setups.

I'm working on getting some other sites to be advertising and making news posts and such for CoT5 and within a week I'll be aggressively advertising the tournament around my campus to get a great turnout of new players.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
HOTEL UPDATE!

This one is good, I did indeed get the deal set up with the Sheraton hotel again like at CoT4. I was able to nab the same price of $129 per night, which is about 45-50% off the normal price or so! This is a very nice hotel, in an amazing location (right in Philadelphia, really? lol)

This hotel is located like 3 blocks or something away from the venue, it's VERY close!

Exact details will be posted soon, like today or tomorrow. Just gotta sign the contract and stuff. I'll let you know how to reserve the rooms for said price. These prices will be good on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.

However take note:
THESE ROOMS AND PRICES ARE VERY LIMITED!
It is imperative that you sign up for these rooms if you want to use them asap when I post the details.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yo cheebs $5 mm here or at hope3? I don't want to do serious mms at ktar because it will be my first tourney back in a while.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lol tant avi is legit

He said theres a hotel near the airport for like 60-70 a night and you'd have to ride trains to venue ( which getting there is fine...its getting back to the hotel that could suck) and I think he's trying to get something near venue

:phone:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Read the 2 hotel updates on the last page, that covers it all

long story short:

Sheraton Hotel, like 3 blocks from the venue
$129 per night (normally like $250) on Fri Sat and Sun
Details will be posted tomorrow or Thursday on how to reserve rooms
Book asap, space is limited

Microtel Suites, like a 20 minute drive or train ride from the venue
$65 per night

Lol tant avi is legit

He said theres a hotel near the airport for like 60-70 a night and you'd have to ride trains to venue ( which getting there is fine...its getting back to the hotel that could suck) and I think he's trying to get something near venue

:phone:
Well you can also drive from the Microtel, but there is also the train for those who won't have a car. The train is probably like $6 each way I think, there is a train stop right next to the Microtel and it drops you off like 3-4 blocks from CoT5. Train runs 24-7 I think but obviously not as frequent as it does in the day
I did get the hotel deal for the one next to the venue. I'm signing the contract tomorrow so I'll have details up on how to reserve it tomorrow or Thur

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea it's unfortunate what happened at P5 :/

Are you going to get any of the donation money soon? That could always help.

But if you earn money at this I guarantee that you will get it.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Eazy isn't too active on smashboards so I'll mostly be doing communications for him on smashboards regarding his housing and will ask him everything and such.

I just sent pms back to Patches and GDX regarding housing. Eazy says its cool.

Heads up on Eazy's housing info:

It'll be $10 per person for the whole weekend

If you need rides from his place and to the tourney it'll be $5.00 for the whole weekend cause tolls are a *****. He lives in Jersey RIGHT next to Philly so I have to pay tolls everytime I go into and leave Philly.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Alright let's be smart about Patches, He's coming from Canada, his stop is Philadelphia and obviously don't know nothin about that surrounding and he has to go to Eazy's house in Jersey, but how? lol.

I thought he was being housed by chibo unless the list recently changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom