• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Titans 5! ~ Twitter Updates @vVv_ChiboSempai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Is it better than no real tournament performance?
Yes

Try online simulators. You can automatically set all pkmn to level 100 with iv's set to 31, change the ev's any way you would like, and choose from any item that you would like to use. I too used to train pkmn and make teams the slow way as well. This way is soo much better.

@ketario or easy, is there any way I could use the shower at some point of being there? If not it's kool but if so I really appreciate it.
Isn't that cheating tho? Or at least unofficial. I saw my friend use one.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
No, Keitaro is talking about an online simulator, that is just on your pc, not hacked pokemon that are to be placed onto your DS. It's not cheating, it's um...kinda like practicing and testing. You don't want to spend all the time and effort into making a pokemon team that doesn't work. Especially since EV training takes FOR ****ING EVER. It is pretty unofficial, but fun to play online, and I do believe they also have leaderboards and that sort of thing. It's just simulating a pokemon team with certain stats and move sets that you, yourself customize, and then you're able to battle or "test" out how effective your customized team is! Haha. xD

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
as long as VGC is going to continue to be single elim, and not even round robin, i found it pointless to even make pokemon teams

not to say i havnt, cause I definitely have a B/W only team ready just in case an actual legit tourney comes around :laugh:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
VGC is still kind of amazing
went to DC last weekend and newark this weekend

also kotc is a tourney monthly tourney series in nj that has smash and just added pokemon, with cash prizes

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
No, Keitaro is talking about an online simulator, that is just on your pc, not hacked pokemon that are to be placed onto your DS. It's not cheating, it's um...kinda like practicing and testing. You don't want to spend all the time and effort into making a pokemon team that doesn't work. Especially since EV training takes FOR ****ING EVER. It is pretty unofficial, but fun to play online, and I do believe they also have leaderboards and that sort of thing. It's just simulating a pokemon team with certain stats and move sets that you, yourself customize, and then you're able to battle or "test" out how effective your customized team is! Haha. xD
Yea the pokemon metagame for simulators is actually more advanced than the metagame of the d.s. versions of pokemon. It's because like you said, it saves time so people can figure out what works and what doesn't light years ahead of people who play on the d.s. Plus the best part is that you can skip the tedious hassle of catching, endless breeding, and endless walking just to figure out your team sucks bawls.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Aight so I kinda wanna go to this now for like 3 reasons

1. to party.
2. to commentate.
3. to see my wife.

so whos tryna let me stay with them for like a super minimal price (or free)? I will definitely have alcoholololol.

I'd be able to pitch money but bills are ****** me right now.

M@v

Subarashii!
Alright. Everything is finally in place. Travelling plans/hotel/etc. Loose ends are tied, and Pittsburgh/State College is 100% ready and confirmed ^_^

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
I'm a man of the daily shower.

So I'd definitely like to shower at eazy's, but over night. Once again. Ill pitch for a hotel. XD

:phone:
lets have some fun ;)

What will you do about trandportation if we get a hotel??? Also, I'm mad curious how we'll do together in doubles. lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Is there anyone who will be at the tourney Sat morning and Sunday night who would be interested in taking one or two trips to the train station and back? It's about 5 minutes away, 10 min tops pending traffic. I'll provide exact directions. I will pay you $$$ for trips you make.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
@ Crews: showering is fine for everyone staying at Eazy's.
Very pleased to hear this.
Are we talking about something like shoddy?:phone:
Yes, exactly like shoddy battle, or pokemon online. Way better than the actual games imo.
Is there anyone who will be at the tourney Sat morning and Sunday night who would be interested in taking one or two trips to the train station and back? It's about 5 minutes away, 10 min tops pending traffic. I'll provide exact directions. I will pay you $$$ for trips you make.
I might be able to help depending on how early in the morning I would have to leave to go and get them. Not sure at all though. I'll be staying a easy's that weekend and I imagine that none of us will be getting the best sleep with all the brawling and possibly getting effed up going on.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Sat morning wouldn't be too early, it wouldn't be earlier than 11am. Sunday night would be like idk, 6 or 7pm.

Patches

Smash Master
The only thing I dislike about simulators, is the fact that there's no battle animations.

As for the hotel, if anyone has ideas, I'm definitely willing to pitch.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Aren't Hs silent in french, Guard? So isn't putting two Hs in hyped not really doing anything?

mib004

Smash Ace
there will be 150 people or close. there are a lot of people signing up at the door. 3 more from pa will be going that hasn't signed up yet thou.

Nicole

Smash Champion
the venue is 24/7 so we dont have to get a hotel room, right? because if that's true, that's awesome. although i would like to use someone's shower at some point....

mib004

Smash Ace
@ chibo also pools will be up this Saturday or the sometime next week just asking cause u said a week before tourney "just realized this tourney is in 10 days"

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
@ chibo also pools will be up this Saturday or the sometime next week just asking cause u said a week before tourney "just realized this tourney is in 10 days"
I'm probably going to end online reg on Monday night / Tuesday morning. I'll be announcing this very soon.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Aren't Hs silent in french, Guard? So isn't putting two Hs in hyped not really doing anything?
lol......well kinda... but I went to English schools all my life. Even though I may know French very well, I actually know English MUCH better. lol

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
>drive 8hours to apex
>get brood,anti,vex round 2
>scratch head and get doneskies at night in the hotel
>not a single **** given

Chibo better be kind this time around though<3

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Still trying to go, I need a ride :(. Wow this event is located in the city where my grandparents use to live... Brings... back memories..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom