• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Ganon: The Original King Of Evil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I could support this. I have always preferred the classic piggy Ganon to Ganondorf. Would be an interesting twist in Zelda representation.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
A thousand times, YES! The "classic" Zelda titles need some special representation, and Ganon would certainly be a more interesting choice than a third Link (even though I'm down for that too).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If it means an original moveset, I'd take him over Ganondorf.

Getting both would be kinda iffy and something I hope wouldn't happen.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
It kinda does make sense, with the amount of major Zelda games pig Ganon has been appearing in.
The problem is (if I understand the Zelda timeline correctly) that Ganondorf from Ocarina of Time and Ganon from the original Zelda games are canonically the same entity. Not even reincarnations of the same entity. They are the same person.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
The problem is (if I understand the Zelda timeline correctly) that Ganondorf from Ocarina of Time and Ganon from the original Zelda games are canonically the same entity. Not even reincarnations of the same entity. They are the same person.
But they co-exist in different timelines.

Food for Thought: The Hero of Time's body co-exists in two different timelines as well. One is a corpse before ALttP, the other is alive for Majora's Mask.

And Smash doesn't have to make sense considering Mario and Dr. Mario are the same person as well.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
I've always wondered why Ganondorf was included in Melee when Ganon would have made a far better choice, being far more iconic to the franchise as a whole compared to Ganondorf's single appearance

Of course, the real answer to this question is that Ganondorf happened to look incredibly similar to Captain Falcon, and I guess by Brawl the Zelda franchise had already been Hijacked by Ganondorf. Though I wonder if his appearance in Melee affected Nintendo's choice to keep Ganondorf in future games?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I've always wondered why Ganondorf was included in Melee when Ganon would have made a far better choice, being far more iconic to the franchise as a whole compared to Ganondorf's single appearance

Of course, the real answer to this question is that Ganondorf happened to look incredibly similar to Captain Falcon, and I guess by Brawl the Zelda franchise had already been Hijacked by Ganondorf. Though I wonder if his appearance in Melee affected Nintendo's choice to keep Ganondorf in future games?
Ganondorf was Easy to make. Ganon would not be easy. But he should be in...

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
If the only other choice is captain ganondorf again, id gladly take original ganon instead. The character needs the biggest overhaul of any character and this could be a good way to go.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Will probably have to wait till Sakurai retires from Smash Bros before something like Capt Falcondorf getting replaced by Ganon (or something to that effect) comes more into the realm of possibility.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ganondorf was probably chosen cause he's humanoid Ganon. Which makes Ganon himself quite redundant. Also: too big.

Final Smash is good enough. Just hope Ganondorf ain't TP styled, otherwise you guys have to deal with ugly boar Ganon again.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I prefer for the Humanoid Ganondorf to be made more unique and be buffed in general. We know that characters like Bowser and Pit are being made different. And Ganondorf was given some unique moves in Brawl, so to think that he'd be made even more different in Smash 4 wouldn't be too out there if you ask me. I feel like changing some of his special attacks would be the ideal way to handle that, like giving him a projectile.

He doesn't even need a weapon to be different, not that I would mind if he got one.

As for the Beast form of Ganon, he'd be interesting. If we have two different versions of Link, perhaps two different versions of Ganon wouldn't be too out there. But I'd only like to see that happen if the two of them have separate movesets. Having him use the trident would make for some nice Normal Attacks for Beast Ganon.

Since I doubt that happening, I'd rather see the character we have now be changed for the better.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I hope he just has a move where he spins his trident, JUST to play this music fittingly alongside it.

Consider me a supporter.​

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ganondorf was probably chosen cause he's humanoid Ganon.
He was chosen during Melee because he had a similar body type to Capt Falcon. Hence the birth of Falcondorf. Close enough though.

Which makes Ganon himself quite redundant.
Not anymore redundant than two Links with the same moveset happening every game barring Smash 64, and definitely less redundant if Ganon has his trademark trident.

Also: too big.
Toobigotry makes its way here too eh? If you're just talking about TP Ganon then I agree, but I don't remember classic Ganon being quite that big in comparison. Been ages since I played a game with classic pig Ganon though, so eh..

Hmm, well from what I remember of the Zelda cartoon, classic Ganon was pretty much human sized. Guessing he's a little bigger in the games though, but not TP Ganon big.

Final Smash is good enough. Just hope Ganondorf ain't TP styled, otherwise you guys have to deal with ugly boar Ganon again.
Boar Ganon looks awesome IMO, but yeah. With the way things are now still, final smash is good enough for me, and he probably will be TP styled again just for the sake of keeping up with recency, like with Sakurai's other design choices.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
I honestly wonder if Melee affected Nintendo's decision to keep Ganondorf in Wind Waker. If they had never added Ganondorf to Melee in the first place the Zelda franchise could possibly have turned out very different.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I think most people who don't want Classic Ganon are also against a 5th Zelda rep altogether. That extra slot could be used for another Star Fox, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, etc. character for instance. But I don't think the Zelda series is complete unless something explicitly from the classic games is represented.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It's definitely much more interesting than the other Zelda choices. I'd see him at about the same size as Bowser.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

Ganondorf was Easy to make.
If the only other choice is captain ganondorf again, id gladly take original ganon instead. The character needs the biggest overhaul of any character and this could be a good way to go.
Will probably have to wait till Sakurai retires from Smash Bros before something like Capt Falcondorf getting replaced by Ganon (or something to that effect) comes more into the realm of possibility.
Ganondorf was probably chosen cause he's humanoid Ganon. Which makes Ganon himself quite redundant. Also: too big.

Final Smash is good enough. Just hope Ganondorf ain't TP styled, otherwise you guys have to deal with ugly boar Ganon again
I prefer for the Humanoid Ganondorf to be made more unique and be buffed in general. We know that characters like Bowser and Pit are being made different. And Ganondorf was given some unique moves in Brawl, so to think that he'd be made even more different in Smash 4 wouldn't be too out there if you ask me. I feel like changing some of his special attacks would be the ideal way to handle that, like giving him a projectile.

He doesn't even need a weapon to be different, not that I would mind if he got one.

As for the Beast form of Ganon, he'd be interesting. If we have two different versions of Link, perhaps two different versions of Ganon wouldn't be too out there. But I'd only like to see that happen if the two of them have separate movesets. Having him use the trident would make for some nice Normal Attacks for Beast Ganon.

Since I doubt that happening, I'd rather see the character we have now be changed for the better.
He was chosen during Melee because he had a similar body type to Capt Falcon. Hence the birth of Falcondorf. Close enough though.
There is a reason why Ganondorf still fights similar to Captain Falcon. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the truth.

Ganondorf has the deepest lore. Period.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I also wanna be a F-Zero racer like Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Fox and Falco... :urg:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I also wanna be a F-Zero racer like Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Fox and Falco... :urg:
Well you've been able to best Banjo,Conker, Yoshi and even Mario before, you just need to believe in yourself. And find a way to buy an F-Zero machine. Other than that, you're golden.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
For the record, Ganon's art for ALBW is amazing.

Shows that they haven't forgotten about his pig design.

Also, he does have a trident, just not in this artwork.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For the record, Ganon's art for ALBW is amazing.

Shows that they haven't forgotten about his pig design.

Also, he does have a trident, just not in this artwork.
Yeah, that picture is pretty awesome. Though I stand by what I said earlier. I'd much rather see the Ganon we have now be changed further for the better. Anyone else agree?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I kind of do. Since Bowser, Pit, and even Zelda got some changes.
The thing is that, from what we can tell, Sakurai really likes playing as Ganondorf with his falcodorf moveset. We saw this when he played a Brawl with people a couple years back and chose Ganondorf. I don't think he's going to change him because of that.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Yeah, that picture is pretty awesome. Though I stand by what I said earlier. I'd much rather see the Ganon we have now be changed further for the better. Anyone else agree?
I want Ganondorf to have his own move set with a projectile, cape, trident, swords, floating, etc. more than anything. But it seems like Sakurai is completely oblivious when it comes to fleshing out clone/luigified characters. Even the Project M team had their chance at giving Ganon a new move set. The only team that actually made him the most accurate is the Smash Bros. Crusade team.

I guess I'll make the recent pic I posted before my head canon.:ohwell:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I want Ganondorf to have his own move set with a projectile, cape, trident, swords, floating, etc. more than anything. But it seems like Sakurai is completely oblivious when it comes to fleshing out clone/luigified characters. Even the Project M team had their chance at giving Ganon a new move set. The only team that actually made him the most accurate is the Smash Bros. Crusade team.

I guess I'll make the recent pic I posted before my head canon.:ohwell:
Yeah, I can understand that. But he won't be completely changed. He'll likely keep some Kicks, the Flame Choke, and the Up-B at the very least. But I do have hopes he'll get a few new attacks, much like he did in Brawl. Namely a projectile.

But the float is a cool idea, though it doesn't flow well with a heavy hitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom