• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Ganon: The Original King Of Evil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Maybe not an army of minions, it's pretty similar to Dedede's, perhaps using a giant trident?instead.
Too bland. I'd vote to actually change Dedede's final smash to Masked Dedede and give Ganon the minions. It makes more sense for him anyways, since he has extremely loyal minions that even tried to kill Link to get his blood to resurrect Ganon in Zelda II.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I enjoyed seeing Classic Ganon in ALBW even for that brief in game appearance after the first part of the game. Maybe we could get both Ganons and have Ganonforf that we've had and then Classic Ganon as a separate character. For classic Ganon, I would have him be the same size as Bowser and have classic moves like the dead man's volley projectile.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I enjoyed seeing Classic Ganon in ALBW even for that brief in game appearance after the first part of the game. Maybe we could get both Ganons and have Ganonforf that we've had and then Classic Ganon as a separate character. For classic Ganon, I would have him be the same size as Bowser and have classic moves like the dead man's volley projectile.
The

Actual spoiler
Yuganon boss battle

does use Dead Man's Volley, so it's no stretch at all.

I'd also like to see the use of bats in his moveset should he get in. He uses them in several boss battles.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
While he's not pictured in my sig, I definitely support Ganon, whether as a transformation for Ganondorf or an entirely separate character. Not only is this form of Ganon more iconic overall to the series and a great representative of the older Zelda games, he'd also be quite unique to boot. A spell-casting, minion-summoning superheavyweight with brutal physical power coupled with great range from his trident (a new weapon not seen in Smash before) and projectiles? What's not to love.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
While he's not pictured in my sig, I definitely support Ganon, whether as a transformation for Ganondorf or an entirely separate character. Not only is this form of Ganon more iconic overall to the series and a great representative of the older Zelda games, he'd also be quite unique to boot. A spell-casting, minion-summoning superheavyweight with brutal physical power coupled with great range from his trident (a new weapon not seen in Smash before) and projectiles? What's not to love.
Very well said.

Here's a question for you guys; how would you feel if we got a revamped Ganondorf with a Ganon transformation? I know it's about as unlikely as it gets, but, still.

Ganondorf would be the faster, more projectile based character, with only some physical attacks, while Ganon would be a slower character with more brutish-strength and a long reach and fewer/weaker projectiles.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Very well said.

Here's a question for you guys; how would you feel if we got a revamped Ganondorf with a Ganon transformation? I know it's about as unlikely as it gets, but, still.

Ganondorf would be the faster, more projectile based character, with only some physical attacks, while Ganon would be a slower character with more brutish-strength and a long reach and fewer/weaker projectiles.
Thank you.

Personally, I'd rather see these roles reversed should this be the route taken with this character. Ganondorf should be faster, yes, but not as focused on projectiles. He would primarily use his sword, coupled with punches and kicks, with perhaps one projectile (Dead Man's Volley/Spell Ball). His playstyle would revolve around brutal melee combat at close-to-mid-range, rushing in with short but powerful combos. Beast Ganon, on the other hand, while slower, would compensate for his poor speed and large frame in his playstyle: casting down lightning; summoning bats; and using his trident to poke, prod, and space the opponent, keeping the large, lumbering target that is his body as safe as possible while still coming off as aggressive and threatening. Ganon would be more about stage control and giving his opponent little breathing room, using his great reach and projectiles to congest the playing field while keeping his hulking strength a constant threat for those unable to properly adjust. Putting on the pressure, so to say, much like a boss fight against him in the Zelda games.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Thank you.

Personally, I'd rather see these roles reversed should this be the route taken with this character. Ganondorf should be faster, yes, but not as focused on projectiles. He would primarily use his sword, coupled with punches and kicks, with perhaps one projectile (Dead Man's Volley/Spell Ball). His playstyle would revolve around brutal melee combat at close-to-mid-range, rushing in with short but powerful combos. Beast Ganon, on the other hand, while slower, would compensate for his poor speed and large frame in his playstyle: casting down lightning; summoning bats; and using his trident to poke, prod, and space the opponent, keeping the large, lumbering target that is his body as safe as possible while still coming off as aggressive and threatening. Ganon would be more about stage control and giving his opponent little breathing room, using his great reach and projectiles to congest the playing field while keeping his hulking strength a constant threat for those unable to properly adjust. Putting on the pressure, so to say, much like a boss fight against him in the Zelda games.
That's...actually more interesting sounding that my version of him. Bravo.

Honestly, I'd like to see Ganon on his own be sorta like how you described him, too.

****, now I really want him. That's exactly my style, and we don't have a character like that yet.

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
I'm for this Idea. As long as Ganon is scary lookin, maintains his crazy strength, uses some type of magic, and weilds a weapon I'm good.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I just remembered, I nicknamed my Emboar from PKMN White Ganon, because big monstrous pig.

That is all.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I got a weird idea that I totaly love.

If Zelda gets clean and quit Shiek, the transformation could be unique to Ganondorf.
Ganondorf as we know it, with a transformation that makes him Ganon ~

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
You know what I mean Blue!

I think this would be the best, making Ganondorf feel less like the Space Racing Bounty Hunter. And rather like the Evil King that he is! I would rather have Shiek cut for Impa, and Implemented this then anything else right now.

Diddy wants Impa, so let him have it ! (xD).

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Honestly, I feel like that might make the series feel too overrepresented. Five slots and six characters is kinda pushing it, isn't it?

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Honestly, I feel like that might make the series feel too overrepresented. Five slots and six characters is kinda pushing it, isn't it?
Pokemon had four slots and and six characters in Brawl.

Not that I support CGanon, at least not until Ganondorf gets an unique moveset.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, but just look at Pokemon Trainer, who overfilled the roster with 3 of his Pokemon, no one seems to care.
At this point I think the best scenario for Zelda would be:
1. Link
2. Toon Link
3. Ganondorf/Classic Ganon
4. Zelda/Sheik
5. Impa

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I agree with that list, now that my Skull Kid is at R.I.P Playable chances. (Never had that much of a hope really).

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Eh, I'm not fond of the Pokemon representation either, if I'm honest. Whatever, though. I'd be really happy with it anyways.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Relevant bump:
I was looking through Zelda concept art and I've realized how badly I want them to use Katsuya Terada's Zelda art with Ganon as the big baddie in Zelda Wii U with his concept art designs:

'Cause

This

is

Freaking

Epic

I mean, this isn't Ganon related stuff here, but who doesn't want Zelda to look like this:

WARNING: VERY IMAGE HEAVY AND VERY VERY EPIC

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/sets/72157634681811319/

If you're not hyped as heck for a Zelda game built around this artwork, I don't know what to tell you.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oooh, that looks pretty looking. What is it part of? A Hanafuda deck?
A Link to the Past concept art.

Personally, I would resize Ganon to make him about the height of two Marios from that picture. Maybe a little larger. I honestly wouldn't be against him being larger than Bowser.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I was defending the good king today in the Roster Prediction Discussion Thread and I have ideas of what arguments need to be added to the OP.

Hey, @Mega Bidoof , I was wondering, are you terribly attached to this thread? Is it a possibility that I could take over/co own it with you?

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
A taller-but-lighter-than-Bowser Ganon is what I'd consider ideal. Bowser would be the second largest character (unless Ridley is included), and Ganon would be the second heaviest.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
A taller-but-lighter-than-Bowser Ganon is what I'd consider ideal. Bowser would be the second largest character (unless Ridley is included), and Ganon would be the second heaviest.
I wouldn't be against that at all.

I was thinking, do you guys think he'd have poor jumps? He's never really done much jumping, and he's rather large.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
If Ganon is playable he really should have some form of teleportation

Last edited:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Are we talking Ganon or Ganondorf?

If Ganondorf should have his teleportation, I'll use something else for Ganon's recovery.
Oops, just now noticed that I with a mistake had written Ganondorf.
I Meant Ganon.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
While Ganon can indeed teleport, I think that's more of Mewtwo's thing. My proposal for Ganon's recovery is a free-flight mode where he can move in several short bursts in any direction he chooses. Sort of a mix between ROB's and Pikachu's recovery. He'd leave an illusory trail of his own image as he moves.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
While Ganon can indeed teleport, I think that's more of Mewtwo's thing. My proposal for Ganon's recovery is a free-flight mode where he can move in several short bursts in any direction he chooses. Sort of a mix between ROB's and Pikachu's recovery. He'd leave an illusory trail of his own image as he moves.
Based off of?

I think his teleport would work fine. He would dissapear and a dark, purple, will-o-the-wisp thing would move in any direction you wanted it to before Ganon reappearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom