• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Ganon: The Original King Of Evil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Based off of?

I think his teleport would work fine. He would dissapear and a dark, purple, will-o-the-wisp thing would move in any direction you wanted it to before Ganon reappearing.
Referencing his movement patterns from the Link to the Past boss battle. Teleportation works too, though it should probably a slower process than that of Mewtwo.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Posting some attacks from a mixed Ganon/Ganondorf set I made
Down tilt: stabs downwards then slashes upwards. Motion similar to how you would use a shovel.
Dash attack: Invisible for a few frames, then reappear with a Vertical slash. (inspired by movement pattern from AlttP)
Down smash: Sweeps his trident on the ground around him, leaving a trail of (Blue) fire. Starts behind him. (Inspired by FSA)
Up aerial: Spins his trident above his head.
Back throw: Hurls the opponent Behind himself, while setting them on fire. (sorta inspired by firebat)
Down throw: Shoots lightning on opponent.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Posting some attacks from a mixed Ganon/Ganondorf set I made
Down tilt: stabs downwards then slashes upwards. Motion similar to how you would use a shovel.
Dash attack: Invisible for a few frames, then reappear with a Vertical slash. (inspired by movement pattern from AlttP)
Down smash: Sweeps his trident on the ground around him, leaving a trail of (Blue) fire. Starts behind him. (Inspired by FSA)
Up aerial: Spins his trident above his head.
Back throw: Hurls the opponent Behind himself, while setting them on fire. (sorta inspired by firebat)
Down throw: Shoots lightning on opponent.
Good. May I steal a couple of these for my moveset?

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
The image in the OP is broken. I suggest replacing it with this one:

So how tall do you think Ganon should be? He can't be much taller than Bowser or he'll go through the platforms in Battlefield.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I think that's a pretty good size, myself. Not sure if being taller than the lower Battlefield platforms is a huge priority issue for the developers, since Ganondorf already clips through them in Brawl. I think K. Rool should be a bit bigger, but this is the wrong thread for that.

Morbi

Scavenger
I really enjoy the notion of Ganon making it in the game. At first, I was a little opposed to it; but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it is necessary and fitting. :shades:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I really enjoy the notion of Ganon making it in the game. At first, I was a little opposed to it; but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it is necessary and fitting. :shades:
He definitely fits the Smash universe very well, I wish back in Melee he took the time to declone everyone back in Melee so we could've had Classic Ganon.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
@ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof , could you make an appearance and fix the OP's image? And if you're not going to be here often enough to fix stuff and be active, would you be willing to let me take over the OP?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
@ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof , could you make an appearance and fix the OP's image? And if you're not going to be here often enough to fix stuff and be active, would you be willing to let me take over the OP?
I own this?
I honestly didn't know.

I'll fix up the OP later today!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I apologize for the shape of the OP. I've been sick a lot recently and I just haven't felt up to fixing it yet. When I do fix it, though, expect it to be a masterpiece of masterpieces.

Smady

Smash Master
I'd not mind at all if Ganon replaced a Ganondorf original moveset, if Sakurai didn't want to change that. Ganon has plenty of potential for a great set of his own and a lot of history behind him in the series, he reps half the classic era of the games. I see it as a very unlikely outcome, but I'd be happy about it.

fill

20EggsEggs
i think they need to change ganondorf somehow, i hear alot about giving him a sword, but im hoping for this idea more. i do think he would look like the brighter blue version since sakurai said hes using brighter color options since it looks better on HD

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'd not mind at all if Ganon replaced a Ganondorf original moveset, if Sakurai didn't want to change that. Ganon has plenty of potential for a great set of his own and a lot of history behind him in the series, he reps half the classic era of the games. I see it as a very unlikely outcome, but I'd be happy about it.
Agreed. Though I'd be ecstatic to see either done.
i think they need to change ganondorf somehow, i hear alot about giving him a sword, but im hoping for this idea more. i do think he would look like the brighter blue version since sakurai said hes using brighter color options since it looks better on HD
Do you hope for a more realistic style to fit with the art style of Link, Zelda, and presumably Ganondorf, or would you rather he take on a different art style?

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Do you hope for a more realistic style to fit with the art style of Link, Zelda, and presumably Ganondorf, or would you rather he take on a different art style?
What do you mean by "realistic"?

I think the ALBW design already looks pretty realistic, at least compared to some old artwork.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
What do you mean by "realistic"?

I think the ALBW design already looks pretty realistic, at least compared to some old artwork.
I'm personally thinking more like ALBW's concept art (he looks way brighter in-game, for the record), but I would be most happy with them asking the Zelda team to make a Smash-friendly design of him/ask if he's in the new Zelda U title. Ideally something inspired by these drawings:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I'm personally thinking more like ALBW's concept art (he looks way brighter in-game, for the record), but I would be most happy with them asking the Zelda team to make a Smash-friendly design of him/ask if he's in the new Zelda U title. Ideally something inspired by these drawings:

Eh, I'd prefer something like the ALBW design with the in-game colors (which is pretty much like the artwork that I colored).

Really dark colors like in the concept art would look a little out of place even in Brawl, not to mention with SSB4's brighter art style. And if they go super-realistic with the design like in those drawings, then it won't really look like "Classic Ganon" anymore.

But yeah, that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Eh, I'd prefer something like the ALBW design with the in-game colors (which is pretty much like the artwork that I colored).

Really dark colors like in the concept art would look a little out of place even in Brawl, not to mention with SSB4's brighter art style. And if they go super-realistic with the design like in those drawings, then it won't really look like "Classic Ganon" anymore.

But yeah, that's just my opinion.
Perfectly understandable to me. The reason I'm asking everyone's opinions is to get a general understanding on what everyone wants. By no means is my personal preference fact in any way. It's just my preference :p

fill

20EggsEggs
Agreed. Though I'd be ecstatic to see either done.

i would go for a ALBW's Ganon

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I think Oracle of Ages/Seasons Ganon looks the coolest, but ALBW looks easier to scale down in size and it has a closer resemblance to Ganon's first appearance in The Legend of Zelda.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Due to Pacack being busy with stuff, I'm in charge of this thread now.

The OP is getting updated soon with new content. Everyone who'd like to be added to the support list, say so in a post or message me. Also, if you have any suggestions for the OP you can post those too.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Realistic Series: Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.
Cartoon Series: TL and Tetra.
Classic Series: YL and Ganon.

Perfect.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Due to Pacack being busy with stuff, I'm in charge of this thread now.

The OP is getting updated soon with new content. Everyone who'd like to be added to the support list, say so in a post or message me. Also, if you have any suggestions for the OP you can post those too.
Supportsies pleasies. Also the OP image seems a little big.

fill

20EggsEggs
young ganon.jpg

Look what i found, i think it's cool, have a toon link, zelda, tetra, ganondorf. But i still think i'd want a pig ganon. someone posted this picture on ign, they were talking about an idea of having a young ganondorf backstory game.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I think it's fairly obvious that I support.
So do I, which is why I added you right off the bat.

By the way, do you know whose moveset that is in the OP? It says it's by the "original owner". Is that referring to MegaBidoof or was that text already there when you got the thread?

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I definitely support Classic Ganon, and on the subject of appearance, I'd much rather he take on his design from the Oracle games. It's just more classic, and I have an easier time imagining it fit into these games' art direction.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So do I, which is why I added you right off the bat.

By the way, do you know whose moveset that is in the OP? It says it's by the "original owner". Is that referring to MegaBidoof or was that text already there when you got the thread?
I believe it's Mega Bidoof's, but you'd have to ask him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom