• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Ganon: The Original King Of Evil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I posted this in the Bandana Dee thread, but this place is equally relevant.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

bandana.png

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I support this. I would love to see Ganon in this game alongside Ganondorf. That way, each of the main three characters will have an alternate version as a separate character (Zelda/Shiek, Link/Toon Link, and Ganondorf/Ganon). Ganon has much more history than other popular requests such as Demise, Vaati, or Ghirahim.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Ganon should have been more priority than Toon Link. Hell, even Impa should be above that clown but eh.

Link > Zelda > Skull Kid > Ganon > Ganondorf > > Impa > Sheik > Toon Link > Tingle

Yes, I do like the skull kid.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
This argument probably means nothing to Sakurai, but:

Courage: Link/Toon Link

Wisdom: Zelda/Sheik

Power: Ganondorf

And seeing as they split Zelda into two separate characters at last, all that is needed is another form of Ganon.

Link represents the modern 3D Zelda games.

Toon Link represents the cartoonier, more light-hearted Zelda games. (I know, Wind Waker is probably super-duper dark at points but bear with me)

Zelda represents a little of the modern games with some of the lightheartedness (just look at the realistically proportioned TP appearance along with that top-heavy Phantom) whereas Shiek is reminiscent of the early 3D Zeldas.

And unless Sakurai puts in ALBW/ALttP Link as the new Zelda newcomer (Though I would love to see those rods put into use) Ganon would be the most appropriate character along with a potentially revamped Ganondorf to represent the classic Zeldas.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I wouldn't mind if The Big Blue Monster, Ganon was put in instead of Ganondorf as you see by my signature, I love Monster Ganon!

"Destroy... All.. Kill All!!" ~ Ganon Oracle of Seasons/Ages

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I always viewed Link and Toon Link as representing the adult and child Link which have both become pretty prominent appearances of Link (particularly Toon Link's design)

Zelda represent the Princess Zelda of course. Sheik probably the various disguises she had over the years, with the Sheik persona being her first.

And then there is Ganon and Ganondorf, with the human form being pretty famous among Zelda fans and the general gaming community and his beast form being the most recurring and iconic form he had going with it. Probably also great for retro fans.

At least that's how I kinda see it... :/

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hm, I never really thought about this idea before.
I suppose he is the 'true' Zelda villain, and has been in many more games than Ganondorf.
Furthermore, it would be nearly impossible to make him a Captain Falcon clone, so he has uniqueness going for him.

For these reasons, I definitely support Ganon, especially if he replaces Ganondorf! I honestly feel as if he should have been included in Melee instead of Ganondorf, but oh well.
Though unfortunately, I do not see him being very likely.
I agree entirely. If Ganondorf wasn't in Melee, I bet we'd have gotten Ganon for Brawl instead.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
It is certainly fun to imagine what would have happened if Mr. Sakurai decided to withhold Ganondorf from SSBM and introduce him in SSBB.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I like Ganondorf. but I also like The Monster side of Ganon, after all I would simply love to play as this.

There is just something interesting about him, the Trident, he's a Monster and I think it would be easy to give him a moveset and his moves would be, in fact

I think he'd have a pretty cool Moveset.

Oh and they should make a Emboar color scheme for his red color, giggle.

Morbi

Scavenger
It is certainly fun to imagine what would have happened if Mr. Sakurai decided to withhold Ganondorf from SSBM and introduce him in SSBB.
It isn't fun at all, it just depresses me. What could have been? It is something that I contemplate every day. I suppose I am doing the opposite as of current. What could be? I am never satisfied with what actually happens. I suppose I might be if Ganon was in the game. He is probably my favorite Nintendo character (jointly with Ganondorf).

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Though it is late by some hours, here is the info I promised. Both Ganon and the Dragon Ball series were inspired by a Chinese story called "Journey to the West." Ganon, according to an interview, was originally supposed to be named Hakkai, which is Japanese for "destruction." The name is likely taken from Cho Hakkai, or Zhu Bajie, a pig man from "Journey to the West." Zhu Bajie's weapon was a rake with nine prongs, which possibly inspired Ganon's trident.

Please do not use such strong words, MorbidAltruism. Ganondorf is my most favorite character of all time thanks to SSB (most likely). Yes, there could be more done with him in SSB, but do not dwell, for we can enjoy Ganondorf through other mediums and other games!

AgatioGanon, your enthusiasm excites me! Why not make a moveset for Ganon specifically based on his appearance in the Oracles games?

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Ganon should have been more priority than Toon Link. Hell, even Impa should be above that clown but eh.

Link > Zelda > Skull Kid > Ganon > Ganondorf > > Impa > Sheik > Toon Link > Tingle

Yes, I do like the skull kid.
Eh... I'd say the priority should go

1. Link: The main character
2. Ganon: The main villain
3. Zelda: The damsel (triforce holder)
4. Ganondorf: the next most imprtant villain (triforce holder)
5. Impa: guardian/assist character
6. Toon Link: next most important hero
7. Vaati: 3rd most important villain
8. Sheik: Zelda, but only in one game
9. Skull Kid: a popular villain
10. every other important villain/hero
11. Tingle: the loser character than doesn't add anything to the story besides comic relief

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig

11. Tingle: the loser character than doesn't add anything to the story besides comic relief
I could agree with this, I'm well aware how much "influence" Skull Kid has so AT is all he'll probably be. Just glad we both agree Tingle deserves no love.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
My priority list would be Link, then Ganon, then Zelda, then Impa, and then maybe Tingle.

This topic has got me thinking about how Smash could have been. Its interesting to think of an alternate dimension where different choices were made in regards to the character roster.
I'm going to post a topic about this very though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Tingle doesn't really strike me as that important though, at least no more then other recurring characters such as Malon and Beedle. It's kinda his spin-off games that set him apart from the other minor recurring Zelda characters, but I guess that's just me.... :/

To be a little bit more on topic, how about Ganon's final smash involving him radiating some sort of giant beam with the Triforce of Power? Or something involving the Triforce of Power...

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
My priority list would be Link, then Ganon, then Zelda, then Impa, and then maybe Tingle.

This topic has got me thinking about how Smash could have been. Its interesting to think of an alternate dimension where different choices were made in regards to the character roster.
I'm going to post a topic about this very though.
I actually like the thought of Toon Link and Ganondorf being unique characters had Sakurai not added them from Melee. Who knows if TL would have been considered otherwise since he was the replacement clone of young link. As for Ganon, I think he could have been added into Brawl nicely if he was given the chance. He definitely deserves his spot over Dorf any day of the week

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

I'd agree if you didn't have Tingle so low. I'd put him above Vaati, myself.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Well as long as you agree classic Ganon should be 2nd priority, maybe 3rd below Zelda. I'm curious to why you think Tingle should be higher than Vaati, we could go to the tingle thread to talk about that if you'd like.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Well as long as you agree classic Ganon should be 2nd priority, maybe 3rd below Zelda. I'm curious to why you think Tingle should be higher than Vaati, we could go to the tingle thread to talk about that if you'd like.
As much as I like the idea of Zelda, never really thought she had to be in a smash game. Same goes for Peach, just because they are major characters doesn't mean they had to be in to represent their series. Ganon deserves #1 villain over Dorf, Vaati or whoever else though.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
As much as I like the idea of Zelda, never really thought she had to be in a smash game. Same goes for Peach, just because they are major characters doesn't mean they had to be in to represent their series. Ganon deserves #1 villain over Dorf, Vaati or whoever else though.
Well, Zelda has the advantage of being the titular character.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Zelda is more important than Peach as she is one of three triforce holders. Still Peach should be in due to popularity, amount of games, and being Bowser's target.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I still don't know, fighting game vs damsel in distress. Granted they did give peach the frying pan from RPG so I'm good.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Provide a legitimate reason or leave this thread and the Zelda fandom.
He's a more unique character, and Sakurai looks for that. We already have Ganondorf, so I think a little more character variety is needed for a Zelda newcomer. We already have big bulky characters like Bowser and Ganondorf himself, as well.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
He's a more unique character, and Sakurai looks for that. We already have Ganondorf, so I think a little more character variety is needed for a Zelda newcomer. We already have big bulky characters like Bowser and Ganondorf himself, as well.
A seventh sword user is not more unique than a magic using heavyweight with a weapon not yet seen in Smash.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Not sure how another humanoid swordsman with vague, limited, and underdeveloped dark magic, whose resumé boils down to a handful of very similar fights within one game, is more unique than a hulking manbearpig with a trident, summonable minions, and three decades' worth of history and material to work with.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Ganon is far more unique and far more important than Ghirahim.

Trident trumps Sword all day
Ghirahim is human like vs. Ganon, a beast > this means he would have a better potential for more unique A and Smash moves.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Ganondorf himself has magic in the games. Does he use it in Smash?
I'm sorry, but that is the worst arguement I've ever heard. First of all ganondorf is barely even ganondorf since he was cloned from cpt. falcon. Second he has magic on all of his B moves.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Weakest argument I've heard all day.

Tell me; if we're ignoring Ganon's potential because of Ganondorf being a clone, then why aren't we ignoring Ghirahim's potential for the same reason?
I'm sorry, but that is the worst arguement I've ever heard. First of all ganondorf is barely even ganondorf since he was cloned from cpt. falcon. Second he has magic on all of his B moves.
I'm just pointing out that magic doesn't make Ganondorf unique. Ganon would basically be Bowser with a stick and maybe a projectile or two.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I'm just pointing out that magic doesn't make Ganondorf unique. Ganon would basically be Bowser with a stick and maybe a projectile or two.
Stick = different a moves and arials
2 projectiles = two different B moves

so he would have two of Bowser's B moves is what you are saying? That makes him not unique?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm just pointing out that magic and a sword don't make Ghirahim unique. Ghirahim would basically be Marth with maybe a projectile or two.

(Am I doing this right?)

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Stick = different a moves and arials
2 projectiles = two different B moves

so he would have two of Bowser's B moves is what you are saying? That makes him not unique?
He's a heavyweight with similar moves and ranges. Ganondorf doesn't use his magic in Melee, and I suspect the only reason he doesn't in Brawl is because Sakurai wanted to preserve his playstyle for Melee Dorf mains. Ganon doesn't have any personality in the games, and most of his magic is just fire-based, like Bowser's fire breath.
I'm just pointing out that magic and a sword don't make Ghirahim unique. Ghirahim would basically be Marth with maybe a projectile or two.
Have you even played Skyward Sword?

Cpt.

Smash Lord
He's a heavyweight with similar moves and ranges. Ganondorf doesn't use his magic in Melee, and I suspect the only reason he doesn't in Brawl is because Sakurai wanted to preserve his playstyle for Melee Dorf mains. Ganon doesn't have any personality in the games, and most of his magic is just fire-based, like Bowser's fire breath.
Oh so they both have fire? That means that Ganon is the same as Ike also right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom