• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Ganon: The Original King Of Evil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Just had an interesting thought. The trident spin could be made into the up A moves. The tilt could be a single quick twirl that could be spammed for the sake of looking awesome, and the smash could be a milti-hit buzzsaw spin.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
The OP has been updated. I've added an Arguments section, which is going to counter some of the arguments used against Ganon. The first one is already there: "Too big", the painfully common "argument" used against some characters (most notably Ridley). I don't remember if anyone has actually used that against Ganon, but I'd imagine some people have. If not, then let's just say it's a preemptive measure.

Anyway, I plan on adding more as time goes on.
Just had an interesting thought. The trident spin could be made into the up A moves. The tilt could be a single quick twirl that could be spammed for the sake of looking awesome, and the smash could be a milti-hit buzzsaw spin.
Yeah, that would be cool. The trident offers a ton of possibilities.

I believe it's Mega Bidoof's, but you'd have to ask him.
Alright.

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master
Add me to the supporters list.

That trident makes it far easier to imagine Ganon in Smash. He doesn't have to solely rely on magic or fierce melee attacks, a weapon can help to fill out his standards and give breathing room for his aerials to use his brute force.

Watch this space, may try and make a set for this guy some time in the future, or get someone else to who I know is a fan.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Im not in the support list, pls add me :B
Add me to the supporters list.
Done and done.
That trident makes it far easier to imagine Ganon in Smash. He doesn't have to solely rely on magic or fierce melee attacks, a weapon can help to fill out his standards and give breathing room for his aerials to use his brute force.

Watch this space, may try and make a set for this guy some time in the future, or get someone else to who I know is a fan.
A moveset would be greatly appreaciated. Right now there's just one in the OP and it only has specials.

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master
It may take a while, but I know a guy who really likes Ganon and is trying to find a set to make. I can probably convince him or make it myself, the character has a bevy of potential to use, from his magic, to weaponry, to his awesome heavyweight melee.

Surprised no one has tried before, but it is a fairly obscure rep.

Maybe just talking about it will inspire someone who's reading this thread too, that'd be just as good.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I'd like to make a full moveset, but I'm a little busy with something slightly related that's ultimately more important. But I'll probably drop suggestions in here occasionally.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
The trident frankly is a fairly interesting weapon in it's own right let alone with all the magic he can utilize with it, and Classic Ganon frankly did far more than in the series than any of the new villains people want thrown in like Vaati or Ghirahim. Hell if Sakurai doesn't want to spare him the roster slot despite Toon Link getting one and not being distinguished from Link, he could be at the very least given to Ganondorf as a transformation on Down B in the same manner as Shiek.

So put me down on the supporters list, this would definitely be high up on my list of possible choices for SSB4 candidate.

andimidna

Smash Master
I think, instead of a 5th Zelda slot, it would be epic if the Triforce Trio each got a transformation, rather than just Zelda herself.
Link/Wolf Link & Midna
Zelda/ Sheik
Ganondorf/ Ganon
Ganon is the most recurring Zelda villain being in 10 games, and this could also represent the companion aspect of Zelda, which is also very important. This + Toon Link is definitely a Zelda roster I can support.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I think, instead of a 5th Zelda slot, it would be epic if the Triforce Trio each got a transformation, rather than just Zelda herself.
Link/Wolf Link & Midna
Zelda/ Sheik
Ganondorf/ Ganon
Ganon is the most recurring Zelda villain being in 10 games, and this could also represent the companion aspect of Zelda, which is also very important. This + Toon Link is definitely a Zelda roster I can support.
So, would you like to be added to the list of supporters?

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Ganondorf's final smash is a transformation done by his won magic.
The Ganon we faced on Zelda 1 and etc... is Ganondorf warped by the dark world's influence.

We already had 2 of the Same Mario and Link,s o Ganon is not far-fetched

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ganondorf's final smash is a transformation done by his won magic.
The Ganon we faced on Zelda 1 and etc... is Ganondorf warped by the dark world's influence.

We already had 2 of the Same Mario and Link,s o Ganon is not far-fetched
That, and, technically, there are two incarnations of "Ganon". One in Four Swords adventure and the rest all the same being in the downfall timeline.

Smady

Smash Master
At this point Ganon and Ganondorf seem like two entirely separate characters to Nintendo. Ganon's more of an entity in the handheld games while Ganondorf, if he ever does appear nowadays, is always on the console games. There's nothing stopping Nintendo from having both in the same game when there are two Links and at one point there were two Marios.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Add me as a supporter :bee:
I'll also do a moveset
[collapse=Moveset]
[collapse=Normal Ground Moves]
Neutral A: Ganon hits with the tip of his trident. He then swings it around and hits with the end of his trident. He follows up by spinning it in front of himself for a second. Then he finishes by thrusting his trident directly outwards.
Forward Tilt: He punches forward. This can be tilted up or down.
Up Tilt: He jabs his trident straight up. This can also be tilted.
Down Tilt: He jabs he trident down low.
Dash Attack: He will lunge forward and punch. This does electric damage.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Smashes]
Forward Smash: Ganon points his trident forward and a blast of dark magic travels forward and explodes in front of him.
Up Smash: He thrusts his trident in the air and five small fireballs rotate around the tip. This will trap opponents. After a while the fireballs will explode. This move is hard to hit and it takes a long time to complete, but it does a large amount of damage.
Down Smash: He Raises his trident overhead and two lightning bolts will crash down to the ground. One of them comes from the head and the other comes from the end. This move has a high start up, but it has a large hitbox and is very powerful.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Aerials]
Neutral Air: Ganon spins his trident quickly around his body. (Like Pit's Neutral Air).
Forward Air: He sweeps his trident in front of him, covered in dark magic.
Up Air: He thrusts his shoulder spikes up. This does aura damage.
Down Air: He stomps down. This move is like Ganondorf's, but it is slower, more powerful, and it makes Ganon pop up when he hits with it. (Think a very slow and powerful footstool)
Back Air: He turns backward and punches behind him.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Specials]
Neutral Special: Trident Toss. Ganon throws his trident forward, causing it to spin. This will act as a very powerful boomerang. It travels at the same speed as Link's Gale Boomerang, but will always come back to Ganon. The move is much more powerful then the Gale Boomerang/Boomerang, and it travels further, but Ganon can't use normal attacks while it travels. He can still perform his specials and any other action (jumping, shielding, using items, and taunts that don't involve his trident) while it is being used. This is a very situational finisher move that shouldn't be used often.
Forward Special: Fire Bat. Ganon sends a single fire bat out in front of him that will cause the ground to catch on fire if it touches it. The fire stays out for 0.5 seconds and doesn't flinch but it will cause 5% damage every 0.2 seconds an opponent is in it. The bat itself does minor damage and can be reflected. The fire on the ground can also be absorbed by Ness, Lucas, and Mr. Game & Watch's down specials.
Up Special: Dark Rush. Ganon will form an orb of dark magic around himself (think Ness PSY Magnet) and rush upward quickly. This is a fast long distance recovery. The move traps the foe if it hits and sends them in a helpless state along with Ganon. This can only be used vertically and does no damage or knockback. Also, due to Ganon's low aerial mobility in a helpless state, this is not very useful unless you are directly below the stage.
Down Special: Stun Jump. Ganon will jump up a short ways and slam into the ground. This will stun anyone in a small area around Ganon as long as Zamus's fully charged down smash. It does a large amount of damage and no knockback. If this is used in the air he will do the same thing, but he can cancel out of it by using another jump or his up special before he starts to fall. He jumps about as high as his short hop and he can also jump to the side if you point that direction when you input the attack. This makes it useful to his recovery to make up for not having any horizontal distance on his up special. He can use this move very well in combination with his other specials. He can use it and instantly send out a fire bat to get a good 10% along with any other move he uses. He can use it to hold the opponent in place to ensure a hit with his trident throw. And he can use it to help with his up special recovery as stated above. As you can see, if you can manage a hit with this move, it can be a major help.
Final Smash: Triforce Blast. Ganon will stomp the opponent into the ground (or meteor mash them until they fall off stage or they hit the ground and then get stuck) and raise his trident overhead. His hand will glow with the mark of the Triforce and he will charge his trident until it is shining gold. He will then thrust it down into the player(s) trapped and anyone else stupid enough to get in the way and do major damage and knockback.
[/collapse]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Can we take a second to point out that there are now two separate versions of both Link and Zelda on the roster?

Just a tidbit.

Smady

Smash Master
As it's been TP Zelda, Sheik and Link, I think it'll definitely be TP Ganondorf again, and he has tonnes of potential. They didn't use any of it in Brawl, so I'm fine with that. I always expected Classic Ganon as a very outside addition to the Zelda characters anyway, Ganondorf is too popular to be completely removed.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I don't see Ganondorf going anywhere, but he won't be transforming into Ganon for his Down B move. Ganon will have to be a sixth Zelda rep. If the roster includes over 50 characters, a sixth Zelda rep has a fair shot at existing. Otherwise, I don't think he'll make it in this time...

Haibu

Smash Rookie
I was just thinking about what kind of moveset classic Ganon would have! I spent the last couple days brainstorming with a friend and this is what we came up with as an example:
...I hope these images are not too big?

I'm not sure if Super Armor is the right term.. or Launch Resistance, but I think so?

Any thoughts?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I was just thinking about what kind of moveset classic Ganon would have! I spent the last couple days brainstorming with a friend and this is what we came up with as an example:

I'm not sure if Super Armor is the right term.. or Launch Resistance, but I think so?

Any thoughts?
...It's so beautiful.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord

Any thoughts?
Great moveset and amazing artwork! The only thing I'd add would be a Trident Spin.

Do you want to be added to the list of supporters?

Haibu

Smash Rookie
Thanks! Here are a couple extras, including a trident spin.. maybe it could be a taunt that does a little damage.. or up tilt? Oh and sure, consider me a supporter!

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Thanks! Here are a couple extras, including a trident spin.. maybe it could be a taunt that does a little damage.. or up tilt? Oh and sure, consider me a supporter!
Nice! You've been added.

I think the Trident Spin should be his Up Smash (which you had as a stab, I think?), because it should be pretty powerful and last for a while. I guess an Up Tilt could work as well, but I dunno. In any case, it's one of the unique things that you can't do with a sword, so it should be part of his moveset. They could have it as a taunt in addition to that, though. Like a slow version without visual effects so it doesn't have to do much damage.

Last edited:

Haibu

Smash Rookie
Nice! You've been added.

I think the Trident Spin should be his Up Smash (which you had as a stab, I think?), because it should be pretty powerful and last for a while. I guess an Up Tilt could work as well, but I dunno. In any case, it's one of the unique things that you can't do with a sword, so it should be part of his moveset. They could have it as a taunt in addition to that, though. Like a slow version without visual effects so it doesn't have to do much damage.
I was just looking at the LttP fight, and noticed he'd only spin the trident right before throwing it or when summoning fireballs. Perhaps holding ->B could do the spin move, and when you release the button the trident goes flying. He could be charging it to go farther, even.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Any thoughts?
Damn, this would be so ****ing cool..!

We still lack a heavy weight newcomer. And I like the idea of him being the slowest and strongest character somehow. Even though my heart longs for Impa, I can tell you... I wouldn't be upset if this where to happen!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

Any thoughts?
I never realized how much I wanted Ganon in this game. I won't accept any other Zelda character.

Now I'm gonna get sad that he won't be in. God dammit, you jerk.

EDIT: By the way, Link is right handed in your picture. :p

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord

Any thoughts?
Can I double like this post?

Also, those alternate colorzS!!!!!!!!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Ganon is actually the only Zelda Newcomer I'd like. I think he has everything going for him except not being requested. We can fix that, though. Extend the hype! It might be too late for this smash, but by the next one we have a chance.

I support Ganon. I support him a lot. 40% of that support comes from his weapon. Dude wields a massive trident. I want more unique weapons in smash so bad I can hardly see straight. Having a unique weapon from an iconic villain would be perfect

Now that we have 2 versions of Link and 2 versions of Zelda having another version of Ganon isn't out of the question. It would be pretty fitting actually.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
A heavyweight that uses a trident sounds way too good to pass.

Just the thought of it makes me want to main him so bad.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
+1 from me, he's really the only rep outside of Vaati or maybe Impa that could really be added. If Link can get two incarnations in Smash, I see no reason why Ganon can't. He has a ton of potential for a distinct playstyle. I imagine him as a slow and heavy character with incredible reach on his attacks, something we don't really have at the moment.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068

Any thoughts?
This is beyond epic. You've made me really sad now that this might not happen.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
As much as I do prefer Ganon to Ganondorf, the least they could do is make him a FS instead of whatever the hell they did in Brawl. Only DK and Peach had worse FS's than that to me.

Come on, who doesn't want to see ManBearPig Falcon Punching Mario?

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Why can't they just fix the original Ganondorf he can have different moves than Cpt. Falcon. I feel like its just sakurai being lazy.
Ganon (pig) would be a cool boss char for one of the stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom