• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Ohio Smashfest

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Someone should change the OP, for the last month or so, I'd assumed that Q died or something.....then I checked this thread.

QUIVO

Smash Master
It can start at noon. TEXT ME AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOU COME! If I think there's no interest or something, i'll probably just sleep more or do other things lol. I'll probably wait till 3 or something since I think that's when AZ gets out of class.

ALSO BRING A WII + Game!! I have three TVs we can use. I think that's the most I can have with it being comfortable.

Fizzle, thanks.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
who is going to delta upsilon on saturday from c-bus? :D
I am, and Friday afternoons don't really work for me. Classes end at 4:20 and then I have soccer at 7:30. Thursday afternoons would work very well for me this quarter if people can do that but if Friday works well for everyone then that's cool too.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
I have class at 3:30 on Thursdays so I could go from whatever time in the morning (around 10-11?) until like 2:30 or so. Tomorrow I have psychology experiments to go to so I wouldn't be able to make it, but yea. Same schedule for Tuesdays.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Just a heads up, but mid-March I should be back home for a bit on SB. If people are around I'm more than up for it. Quivo, I've picked up a little Tink. Know if I could get some pointers sooner or later?

Picked up a little bit of stuff from Wakka and the Tink board, but I figure you'd be a great source too.

QUIVO

Smash Master
If you want Keist, no big deal. Parking will be a pain due to the snow. HOpefully it'll melt.

Juushichi: No problem at all. My TL is a bit outdated, but I could try giving you tips

TheKiest

Smash Champion
DOUBLE POSTA!!!!!!!

Q: I got up later than I planned on, I'll get there around 2:30ish. Also you should mention that Summit and 4th usually have decent parking since they are both large one ways. (I always get a spot there even on Saturday nights!)

Jakomayne

Smash Rookie
Oh sweet, this is just the type of thing I've wanted to see in Columbus for a long time. Glad I joined this site, I'll definitely be keeping track of this thread. I'm usually off on Fridays too.

I'mma new face, I wouldn't mind bringing my system and controllers if needed. Can bring a liter of somethin to drink to so I'd be all set.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
I just unpacked my wii from yesterday and can't find my wii remote. I imagine I just missed it and left it, but if anyone finds it/knows what happened to it, let me know.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Next ones coming up this friday boys.

Alright, I need opinions.

I'm thinking about making these weeklies. The thing is that I want to alternate days. So really it'll be like two Biweekly smashfests if that makes sense. One week it's going to be forsure Friday, the next one is up to you guys. I really want to have everyone involved and have a chance to come to these.

MOOSE, I really want you to be able to come to these, so I'll try to make one of the days work for you unless no one else is able to show. In that case we'll just have to play occasionally whenever you're free.

Once Tako comes back, I'd love to see what days he can make it.

Z tell me what days/times are good for you. I know you came to one of the Friday smashfests, so hopefully they'll work for you.

- Monday after 3 is good for me and can go as late as you guys want. Not too late since I have class at 9 the following morning.
- Tuesday after 1 is good for me. It'll probably have to be done around 830 or so though since it's "Lost" night and I love watching it : P
- Wednesday and Thursday are kind of rough, but possible. It'd have to be around 2 and end at 430.
- Sundays from I guess noon to about 430? Maybe even 330?

If you guys got questions just ask. I'm not sure if any of this made sense, I'm kind of high lol.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Ok, I decided to look through the thread. Right now, Tuesdays are favorable. Really only Kenton and the jerk told me Tuesdays are good.

Kiest might be? Dunno if his schedule is consistent or not.

I think Spencer/Frenchman said he wouldn't be able to come until 8ish on Tuesdays.

Everyone else tell me how Tuesdays are!

I was thinking about possibly holding a small tournament at these things just to get some competition going and I guess experience. If turnouts are small, we could do round robins or something. It will either be a dollar or free. Input is appreciated.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Instead of "small tournes brackets" just do pools. That way everyone plays each other, also do best of 5.

This Tuesday might be a go for me.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Sorry Kiest, this week its supposed to be Friday. If there's interest for next Tuesday, I'll hold one then

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Yea Q I wanna make it to these too. Here's my schedule for this quarter:

So like I can smash before class on Tuesday/Thursday or after classes on almost any day, depends what's going on/how much homework I have

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Q i work till 5 on weekdays so afternoons are terrible for me. But yeah I could make it Tues if it went on until Lost time :D

TheKiest

Smash Champion
This Friday is just as good.

Also, I plan on going to this, then to Springfield for the weekend. If people don't mind being there the full 2 days, I can fit 3 more.

Jakomayne

Smash Rookie
I can come this Friday if that's cool, Tuesdays are hit and miss with my schedule though.

Reinhart_x

Smash Apprentice
If I can make this (which I almost certainly will be doing) then I will be doing just the same as Kiester, and I have room for like 2 more people, so just throwing that out there.

As for next quarter, I dunno about my schedule yet, I'm switching majors but I don't meet with my advisor until at least the end of this week. I'll see what I can do :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I like the idea of round robins. Might as well work on getting better against a wide variety of characters and people all at once.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Hmm ok.

So this Tuesday it's not going to happen. It's already planned for Friday. These are now officially weeklies!

So the schedule will be like
3/05
3/09
3/19
3/23

Unless something happens these should be good. Also I forgot about next quarter's schedule, but it should work out if I remember my classes correctly.

I like the idea of Round Robins more as well. Everyone plays each other guaranteed unless time is a problem.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Sweet, I'll try my best to get that class moved up on tuesdays for next quarter.

Hoping to hitchhike to Nope's this weekend with some luck. I can bring a wii (Nope doesn't need TVs). I'll have to make a trip to South Campus to drop off my books and get clothes/etc anyways at some point between classes and leaving though.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I'm excited for this next smashfest. Q's got new TL tricksies.

Btw would you guys come to it for this Tuesday? I'm thinking about hosting 2 this week just to get some prep for Nope's

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Given I get what I need to accomplished, I could probably drop in for a while depending on the time. Should be an easy week once I get a few things out of the way.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Alright well, Fonz just texted me and told me he'd be willing to come up tomorrow and play. So if anyone wants to come over and play tomorrow feel more than welcome to stop by

Top Bottom