• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Ohio Smashfest

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
What is everyone doing this Friday?

As I mentioned at the tourney, I may have a place that I can get for us to give Q a break if he wants one. The place I have in mind is the Music Room in the basement of Mack Hall (Neil and 11th Ave) and should be more than adequate for however many decide to show since we have hosted a campus tourney of ~32 there before.

The issues are parking and reserving the space. I'm not sure what time you are able to park in the lots after (maybe of of you remembers?) and the parking meters are active until 6PM except for Sundays, so short of dropping a dollar in the meter at say 4, people would have to park to the south on 10th or 9th (Be sure to read the signs). In addition to this, I would have to put a space reservation in three days in advance to guarantee the space given there isn't already a claim to it and the hall doesn't need it for whatever reason.

The space comes with what I believe is a 48'' LCD TV and an old school big screen and I can carry my monitor down, so I'd just need wiis and/or "non-laggy" setups. There is a loading dock by canfield hall that TVs can be dropped off in if someone manages the door should someone bring one.

As for food, there is an amazing pizza shop and a Jimmy John's across the street.

If enough people are interested, I will place a request for Friday as I should be available pretty much all day. 4PM-??? perhaps?

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Anyone out there? I'll need to know who we have and don't have by tomorrow afternoon if people are interested.

Regardless, I'd like to see soemthing start back up this quarter.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
I'd be down for this Friday, I could make it at around 4. Either here or at Q's, I want to play Smash sometime this week. Also: tried to respond to your post yesterday but the boards were being lame :/

Reinhart_x

Smash Apprentice
Myself and Katon would be interested in playing on Friday since we have Fridays off. I really want to play, it's been too long without playing offline, like a month! Let us know if you guys get anything planned.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Nope, I didn't bother to try with only one yes. I'm still up for a few rounds Friday and can see if it's available (odds are yes, but I can't place a reserve past Tuesday), but I didn't want to reserve it and have no one show =P

On that note, I can try again next week or Q can hold it if he wants and jerk and katon stop in. Either way, I look forward to playing against them.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Hmm well I'm still interested in palying tomorrow if anybody is able to host. I would if I could but my dorm room is too small :/

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
According to the front desk, no one has the music room on reserve, so we should be able to play at my place barring something going wrong. I'll try to make sure my phone has reception, but it doesn't like that room too well, so it is in the basement past the elevators in Mack Hall.

I'm not too sure about all of the parking regulations with the lots (feel free to read the signs), so I would recommend dropping a dollar for two hours into the parking meters on 11th and walking up to Neil Ave at 4. The meters are free after 6. Alternatively, there may be parking on 9th or 10th for free.

I am not liable for any parking tickets should signs not be read =P

PM me and trade phone numbers so I can let you in if you are interested.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I can hold one tomorrow if you guys want. I have class from 9 to 1030, after that i'm free until 6

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Sounds fine to me, whoever wants more can stop by my place perhaps after? I have nothing all day, so I'll go to Q's whenever others do.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good, Kiest. We were at Q's and then came back to my place for a few hours after when he had to go to work.

If you want, I can reserve the room next Friday.

SoulPech

Smash Master
1) OP should be changed

2) I am up for brawl this sunday...saturday my gf came down with a kidney infection, so i'm spending saturday with her. I'm available sunday if anyone wants to play.

AZ: FYI, Baro's tourney got cancelled, so don't feel too guilty about not showing up to it.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Next Friday I can't hold one. I forgot there was a concert I want to go to.. but if you guys want to have one another time during the week I might be able to make it work

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't look like I'm available until Friday. Still unsure about Springfield. Either way, I'll reserve the music room.

Mack Hall (Neil and 11th) at 4PM or so. Be there. There is parking on 11th if you drop a dollar in the meter to feed it from 4-6 when it turns off, a lot behind the 11th ave staff garage if you have an OSU pass (any pass works past 4PM), possible spaces on 9th or so, or garages on 9th or where Neil dead ends into the library gate.

PM me with your numbers and I will send you mine so I can let people in.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Should have it from at least 4 until 8, but we should be able to stay as long as we want.

We may need a few wiis though. There is an LCD and a Rear Projection TV down there and I plan to carry my monitor and maybe my neighbor's TV down if he is willing to let us use it.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like me, frenchman, kiest, Z, and whoever shows of Q, tako, moose, jerk, katon, my neighbor, and whoever is still out there so far.

It may be a good idea if someone can bring a TV since I only have three depending on who all shows. Hell, with a cheap set of speakers, I may be able to drag down my second monitor if frenchman lets my borrow his tuner.

Top Bottom