• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

_V_

Smash Ace
I <3 King. I wish he lived in CT so I could talk to him. That's why my Puff is again making an appearance in Manchester...Brookmangs...no going Samus on me x.x

c.)Play with confidence-- Here is where the greatest players tend to shine, and as far as player skill goes, this will always sift out the best of the best in matches that hold significant weight or pressure. I can watch a mediocre player pull the craziest **** I've ever seen against cpu's and in friendlies all day long. But you put that same player into a tournament match with money and standings on the line, where they're only a 4 stock away from a trip to the loser's bracket or elimination all together, and 99% of the time, it's a completely different story.
Story of my life...well Smash wise at least. So my Smash-life. **** confidence.

Cort

Apple Head
And who would that be?

I think there should be plenty of great player matchups to help with the power rankings.

Sean, keep practicing your tech. A lot. You did improve somewhat in your recovery, though.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
I hope I don't lose to a random uconn kid... My friend said he went over there and played a bunch of pretty good people though I don't know if it's lock's group but he said most of them were around his level. My friend's not that bad. o.O Actually no, worst than losing to a random uconn kid would be to lose to aesir then after that would be lilian because I don't want to lose to a girl. She better not be on my side of the bracket. ;_;

Brookman

Smash Hero
because you lose to me.

Cort, I think between now and tomorrow I'm going to switch my main to y.link, what do you think?
Better than Link. Y. Link does much better than Link vs. sheik/space animals/peach/Marth. Those are the only characters you'll see tomorrow too, so you should win now.

Nesskid

Smash Cadet
Apparently there's a place in Stratford that regularly hosts smash tournaments every other Friday. I'm almost positive they're random FFAs with items but I'd be interested in going just to **** the usual people that go there.

http://www.gamingetc.com/CAL0906.htm
They have little tournaments every other Friday. Only about 10 people or so. Sorry Cort I already showed up and owned 'em. (And I think someone else did before me too.) Anyways, it's 1v1 4 stock and items are off, but the problems are:
1. In 2v2s team attack is off.
2. You can only pick 2 characters as you sign up and can only switch between those two. (In 2v2s you only get your 1 character.)
3. Wavedashing is "Restricted." You can only use wavedashing if your opponent says you can at the beginning of the match. Otherwise you'll be disqualified. (I just used Jigglypuff)
I wanted to talk to the owner to have him change the rules, then advertise it here, but I forgot about it.

I'm ): that I'm not coming to buckland mall. I hope this video game concert is worth it.

Top Bottom