• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cranky Kong: you're only reading this title cause you're bored

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Dem hipsters. Nothing against Cranky, but I'll stick to wanting/preferring K. Rool the most far as potential DK newcomers.

Regardless, I'm sure some will want Cranky to be shown as a character in Smash ASAP now just so those who lumped him and Rosalina together (in terms of likelihood) before can continue to feel that they were somehow right.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't know, maybe the best situation for Cranky is for K. Rool to be a boss so Cranky can be the DK newcomer, while Dixie is tag-teamed with Diddy.
Then in Smash 5 K. Rool can be playable. :p
Of course, I wouldn't mind if K. Rool was in Smash 4.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I don't know, maybe the best situation for Cranky is for K. Rool to be a boss so Cranky can be the DK newcomer, while Dixie is tag-teamed with Diddy.
Then in Smash 5 K. Rool can be playable. :p
Of course, I wouldn't mind if K. Rool was in Smash 4.
If they made K. Rool a boss in Smash, I fear Sakurai would make him too similar to one of his own creations from Kirby (I think?) rather than actually make it feel like you're fighting K. Rool, like how Ridley in Brawl was Dyna Blade 2.0... If that were to be the best 'fanservice' they could do for K. Rool after all these years, it would kinda be an ultimate slap to the face if you ask me. As for Dixie being tag-teamed with Diddy, that's a whole other can of worms, but I prefer them being individuals for something like Smash.

Would be both funny and cool though admittedly if Ridley and K. Rool were to go from boss to playable in the same game (Smash 5 or whatever).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
With Rosalina being so different from Peach, why should Dixie even be a semi-clone of Diddy?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yup. Kinda makes it even more sad that we'll most likely have Falcondorf again though, when we're having these other characters that Sakurai could've easily halfassed and made into semi-clones, not that I'm complaining how he made Rosalina unique mind you. :)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The only things Rosalina offers is Lumas and some princess magic like Peach.
So it'd kinda make sense for her to be a semi-clone.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Eh, you're missing the point. What I posted was more or less the mindset of speculators for Rosalina before her reveal, yet look how unique she became in the end. The same could just as easily be done with Dixie.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Oh I see, would she be very distinct if she relied on her hair alot for normal attacks. Would the Banana Peel be replaced for something else like maybe a hair tornado.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I think Sakurai might go with Cranky, as he seems to be going for unique but iconic characters.

I still think K. Rool probably deserves it, but Cranky is pretty important to the DK series and would be unique.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I thought about a 3rd and a 4th representant and while my 3rd representant wish stays King K.Rool, my 4th changed from Dixie to Cranky. Why? Well, I feel like Cranky has more potential than Dixie and we need an old-looking character like Cranky. In my opinion Sakurai could make a funny character based on what Cranky is known for. Instead of a too-similar-to-Diddy-looking Dixie I want a very unique Cranky!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
**** 3rd or 4th spot.

Let's just add Dixie, K.Rool AND Cranky.

Why?

Brawl should've had Diddy and K.Rool already.

This is what justice means guys!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
**** 3rd or 4th spot.

Let's just add Dixie, K.Rool AND Cranky.

Why?

Brawl should've had Diddy and K.Rool already.

This is what justice means guys!
as much as I like DKC I don't think it needs as much as mario. that's just too much.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't care. Yoshi still counts as a Mario character for me, and Mario could still get a 6th character. Rosalina got revealed so early, with so many franchises yet with obvious multiple characters still sole represented; Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Pikachu... I think Mario could easily get a 6th. And if, Zelda will likely get another to. Kirby to perhaps with Bandana Dee. So **** it, I want Cranky Kong in too!

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I don't care. Yoshi still counts as a Mario character for me, and Mario could still get a 6th character. Rosalina got revealed so early, with so many franchises yet with obvious multiple characters still sole represented; Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Pikachu... I think Mario could easily get a 6th. And if, Zelda will likely get another to. Kirby to perhaps with Bandana Dee. So **** it, I want Cranky Kong in too!

Yoshi counts as a series apart. Yoshi's Island DS sold around 2,71 million copies and that's quite a number. + We will get next year two Yoshi games: Yarn Yoshi and Yoshi's New Island for 3DS.

Donkey Kong gets 4 characters I'm pretty sure, but Mario won't get a 6th in my opinion and therefore the Donkey Kong series won't be set on the same level as the Super Mario franchise(especially because I think Sakurai doesn't feel like both series being on an equal level)
I honestly would be fine with 4 characters, but 5 would just be great. However I don't want to be disappointed so I expect 3-4 characters while crossing fingers for 4 characters.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
DK Pecking Order

1. K Rool
2. Crankey
3. Banana
4. Dixie

Banana confirmed for SSb4. I kid

K Rool is main villain, very unique, very popular
Crankey has seniority and a new gimmick, sakurai loves them gimmicks
Dixie has Tropical Freeze, and Hair.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
DK Pecking Order

1. K Rool
2. Crankey
3. Banana
4. Dixie

Banana confirmed for SSb4. I kid

K Rool is main villain, very unique, very popular
Crankey has seniority and a new gimmick, sakurai loves them gimmicks
Dixie has Tropical Freeze, and Hair.
Dixie has Tropical Freeze and Hair. Wait a second: Cranky also has Tropical Freeze and Hair. So Dixie deconfirmed ;D

edit: Btw we need this picture in the first post:

It fits perfect for Crankys return ;)

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Ehhh...still better than Kiddy and Lanky. Still not my preferred choices though.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Comes out of retirement lol laughed way too hard at that banner.

Anyway, I think he will be a neat addition, and him being playable in Tropical Freeze may increase his chances.

Top Bottom