• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cranky Kong: you're only reading this title cause you're bored

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
will i doubt will get cranky over dixie at this point.Doesn't mean i can't support the character right.I can say just because he has a trophy doesn't mean he can't be playable(mewtwo) so now anything is possible.Besides Cranky can easily be unique and would be a nice retro character(how to you get older than the original dk)
He appears in the background of Jungle Japes in the 3DS version tho.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
He appears in the background of Jungle Japes in the 3DS version tho.
Doesn't mean he still can't playable.Maybe if chosen he doesn't appear on the stage.Kinda like toon link and the train stage

Last edited by a moderator:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
first VGX, then Smash, then the world!

go cranky!

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
If Cranky Kong was playable, he should play like this:
He is an old man but very nimble and acrobatic, being able to swing his cane around and jump quite high.
His neutral B is cane bounce. When used on the ground he jabs at the ground with his cane launching him up and hurting anyone he standing next to him. When used in the air, he strikes downward like a pogo stick, and he can continue to bounce like this around the stage each time he presses B.
His down-B drops a fire barrel from the DK Arcade game. Like Pac-Man's Fire Hydrant, it can be dropped on top of people off stage and such. Once it lands, it can spit out fireballs, and if it gets hit it explodes.
His side-B throws barrels, which pop when they hit people, but otherwise roll on the ground and off the side of the stage.
His Up-B would either be the DK Arcade Spring, or Squawks the parrot (which I think should be in his moveset somewhere either way).

His Final Smash would have him pull out one of his patented potions and drink it. After drinking the potion, he transforms into Classic 8-bit Donkey Kong. While in this state, anyone he touches gets launched, and he can throw stronger barrels more frequently than usual.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It may be stupid to ask this, seeing as how this is the Cranky Kong support board, but seeing as how they both attend the Scrooge McDcuk school of using things that shouldn't pogo as pogos, would you prefer Cranky Kong or Shovel Knight? Shovel Knight has more variety with his spells but Cranky has much more seniority, doesn't need a deal cut to work in Smash and his Final Smash practically programs itself (Arcade DK)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shovel Knight? Get the **** outta here with that ****. Give me Cranky Kong all day.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm so sad that we can't still make Mario pitch against the REAL Donkey Kong from his times. Hell, imagine all the vintage concepts that can be thrown in Cranky's moveset aside from all the DK-based things! And make him throw iconic crankiness of his to the mix, heheh.

I think he'd be swell enough to rival Pit and Palutena in means of medium awareness and poking fun at tropes of gaming, too.

Add me in.

Top Bottom