• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CT4 Canada RESULTS

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Vidz:

WARNINGWARNINGWARNING

There are no Brawl Finals.

The tape used to record the Brawl Singles Finals is very old (it's your "murder by numbers" tape Brad LOL). It's basically as old as time itself. After tinkering with the matches for a couple days I determined that the tape cuts in it are both too frequent and too impeding to bother uploading them. The matches are unwatchable.

Melee Doubles:
Superboom/FalseFalco vs. Tyson/Kithkin 1
Superboom/FalseFalco vs. Tyson/Kithkin 2

Jarrod/MagnuM vs. Frio/Spindash 1
Jarrod/MagnuM vs. Frio/Spindash 2

RJM/Solaris vs. Alphicans/Vitality 1
RJM/Solaris vs. Alphicans/Vitality 2

Jarrod/MagnuM vs. Alphicans/Vitality 1
Jarrod/MagnuM vs. Alphicans/Vitality 2 <---Epic Luke comeback

Kithkin/Tyson vs. Johnathan/Anthony 1
Kithkin/Tyson vs. Johnathan/Anthony 2

RJM/Solaris vs. Frio/Spindash 1
RJM/Solaris vs. Frio/Spindash 2

FalseFalco/Superboom vs. Jarrod/MagnuM 1 <-Show me your moves
FalseFalco/Superboom vs. Jarrod/MagnuM 2
Falsefalco/Superboom vs. Jarrod/MagnuM 3 <-Falcon Punch

Brawl Singles:
LemonLau vs. Tyson 1
LemonLau vs. Tyson 2
LemonLau vs. Tyson 3
LemonLau vs. Tyson 4

There are too many Melee Doubles. More Brawl doubles should have been recorded :(.

VagrantLibertine said:
You didn't really fight me, you just stood there then hit me a bunch, usually with air attacks
Once again sorry about no Melee singles, but trust me it was the event I was looking forward to the most too.

BRAWL DOUBLES

1: **** (Tyson and Dan) ($180.00)
2: King Size (Jarrod and Mike) ($90.00)
3: The new Sworn enemies united (Stu and Kithkin) ($30.00)
4: Ivan OOOOOOOZE (Mike and Sid)
5: Dinosaurk's (Jack and Solaris)
5: the Blind Walruses (Brandon and Mark)
7: Stu's Demise (Luis and Kevin)
7: Just a bunch of Punks (Shawn and Carl)
9: Team Splooge (Jim and Luke)
9: Last Minute (Adam and Ryan)
9: Lightbulbs (Stefen and Kyle)
9: Pure white glastenburg (Andre and Andrew)
13: Banh Bao (Johnathan Anthony)
13: Kings of Incredibility (Phil and Kris)
13: ***gotry (Minch & Sheldon)

BRAWL SINGLES

1: SuperBoom ($218.70)
2: LemonLau ($109.35)
3: Tyson ($36.45)
4: Killock
5: Jarrod
5: Solaris
7: Alphicans
7: Matrix
9: VagrantLibertine
9: Spin-Dash
9: Koda
9: FalseFalco
13: MagnuM
13: Beeble
13: Kithkin
13: Yoshara
17: David Trang
17: Phil
17: Colin
17: Andre
17: I need balls
17: Lefticle
17: Andrew
17: Kyle
25: AM
25: Lans
25: Dark-Link

MELEE DOUBLES

1: suepr falco false boom (Carl and Dan) ($56.00)
2: G.C.F.M.B.D.A.S.E.U (Jarrod and Stu) ($16.00)
3: Ivan OOOOOOOZE (Mike and Sid) ($8.00)
4: Stock warehouse (Tyson and Brad)
5: Team Splooge (Jim and Luke)
7: Obese Incredibility (Randall and Solaris)
7: Banh Bao (Johnathan and Anthony)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
WOO! SHOUT OUTZ!
Even though there wasn't Melee singles, and i didn't come for Brawl, the friendlies i had were great!

Anthony[Fosh]: GOOD ****. I can't believe you didn't bring your Rubik's Cube! I wanted to speedcube with you more than anything at CT4. xD It's great to see you again. We should hang out this summer. OH! I also LOVE your team name. I honestly can't believe you called yourselves that xD. Next tourney, let's team and we'll call ourselves Speedcubin' Phở Life.

Brad[Kithkin]: You drive 4 hours and spend the night with your woman instead of smashing. D: Too bad about our Brawl match. Maybe next time. Oh, thanks for ****** me too. GGz
***got.

Brandon[Spin-Dash]: GREAT money match. Very close and very fun. You do things with Link that i've never seen before. Your $5 payed for me and my brothers bus fare to CT4. xD. You've really improved. It's a shame i didn't get to see or play your Sonic, but i'm sure it was great.

Carl[FalseFalco]: Good job on the tournament and everything. It was fun, a shame there wasn't Melee Singles. Regardless, those doubles that were recorded were well worth it. Fun times. Let's smash again next time i'm down.

Dan[Superboom]: You're good at everything aren't you. xD Next time i see you, i'll give you a Rubik's Cube so i can have someone to speedcube with. ^^

Jarrod[Jarrod]: LOL. Ganon 4stock. Good ****. I'm surprised that was the first time we met. Great meeting you. You have great style.

Jim[Vitality]: Fun match lol. Wish we could have played more.

Luke[Alphicans]: You're less of a **** in person. Barely.

Mike[Beeble]: Always great to have you at a tourney. You're such a goofball. Loved the commentary. Looking forward to seeing those vids soon! We should play each other next time. xD

Mike[MikeMonkey]: Great style. The Punch Crew should all be models.

Randall[RJM]: Thanks a ton for driving me and Andrew home! I really appreciate. Great friendlies too! I really enjoyed them. Hope to see you again sometime soon eh? Melee4lfe

Sid[LemonLau]: We didn't play either :/ Oh well. Summer then.

[Solaris]: During the race, you were leaping like 2 meters with every step. xDD

Stu[MagnuM]: Almost forgot you lol. Our matches were great. You're a really nice guy Stu, i hope we can smash again sometime this summer.

Tyson[Tyson]: No games played. Too bad. Good job in Brawl doubles. We should smash this summer.DARN YOU CARL! Next time, make a Melee only tourney! xD

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately due to my ride, I was only able to stay for brawl doubles O.o, but I still had a good time.
good games my last minute doubles partner adam, haha. gg's in the friendlies too :)
solaris, we should have had more friendlies hehe, they are always enjoyable, even though I usually get torn to pieces :p

hopefully for the next one I will be able to stay for the singles for brawl, and singles for melee if its there heh.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
OH SHI- FIRST POST!!! finally the results. Yay 7th place, but i think if I beat Sid I coulda made it to the finals, but no johns, gg's all. (Cept for sid cause he whored the upB).

SHOUT OUTS:

Vitality: JIMMMM!! you tippered me in melee dbls how could you? and we got owned in brawl doubles by f-smash omg. To bad you couldn't show off ur new melee skills, you have improved fo sho.

VagarantLibertine: Well I hope you learned something from this tourny, and if not tough luck. I will give you this though, I was surprised in our brawl matches, I was definitely scared.

Carl: Didn't play you at all, except for 1 match, which by the way I 2 stocked you (omg?). Excellent tourny, I liked the free donuts and fruit, very delicious. No melee singles though, I was a lil dissapointed, I was trying to buff up my melee skills for this tourny :(.

Fosh and his bro: Lol ***** in everything, I guess brawl isn't your guys' strong point, w.e.

Spin-Dash: You sonic *****! Nice job in brawl though, you showed that sonic doesn't suck THAT much dong, but don't get me wrong he still does <.<.

Superboomfan: Good job on winning everything... GOD! You truly are a smashbros tank. Your GaW is very impressive. I've asked alot of ppl who did they lose to, and they all say you! I hope you come to my tourny, I want another shot at you.

Lemonlau: Words cannot describe. It was fun though, that I have to admit. I felt less pressured facing you, because it was such a lax feeling vsing you. It was almost like a friendly, but at the end my heart was pounding so hard, GG's and next time you won't be so lucky.

Tyson: I didn't play you at all in brawl :(. Apparently your snake is nothing to sneeze at, so I cannot wait to play it! And what better place to face my T.link? Why at my tourny called ADAT, better be there ;).

Beeble: We didn't do our epic MM, wtf. I loved your commentary BTW, and when vsing Sid I could hear you saying, "Ahhhh, move 2, good choice." To bad there was no melee singles, I wanted to see how I would place in the same tourny as you.

Randall: Finally I got to play you! Luigi is sexy, and you are 2 cool! Sorry for being so lame and going double sheik in doubles, but it was the only way to be successful. And are you continuing the PR, and if not who is?

Kithkin: We only played a couple of matches, and that was our MM. TY for the 5 bucks BTW, it bought me some chicken McNuggets, which were very delicious :). I still like how you keep it real with bowser and DK, awesome stuff.

KillL0ck: Nice job in the tourny, top 4 baby! I knew you'd do very well, I actually thought you coulda taken the whole thing, but I guess Dan is just tooooooo good. It seems your melee has gotten a bit better to, especially your falco, holy! Looking forward to playing you again.

Frio: You need ballz.

All the newcomers: Was there a lot of you? I dunno, it seemed like it. Andre do you know Yves? Kyle you know Yves as well, make sure to my tourny, ADAT, and continue to get better at brawl. I hope all fo you continue to post on smashboards, and make the community larger, so tournaments like this can be even bigger and better.

Gratz to everyone in the tourny, I know I missed some people, but these are the main shoutouts I wanted to give. Special congratulations to Dan and Sid, and Tyson for being the top 3 brawlers in Alberta, and maybe even further (who knows?). Yes I mentioned my tourny a few times, and yes it was purposeful, I need some advertisement for this thing! See ya all some other time.

EDIT: NOOOO YOU'RE ALL 2 QUICK, I AM NOT THE FIRST POST ANYMORE!! HOW DARE YOU

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
1: **** (Tyson and Dan) ($180.00)
2: King Size (Jarrod and Mike) ($90.00)
3: The new Sworn enemies united (Stu and Kithkin) ($30.00)
4: Ivan OOOOOOOZE (Mike and Sid)
5: Dinosaurk's (Jack and Solaris)
7: Stu's Demise (Luis and Kevin)
7: Just a bunch of Punks (Shawn and Carl)
9: Team Splooge (Jim and Luke)
9: Last Minute (Adam and Ryan)
9: Lightbulbs (Stefen and Kyle)
9: Pure white glastenburg (Andre and Andrew)
13: Banh Bao (Johnathan Anthony)
13: Kings of Incredibility (Phil and Kris)
13: ***gotry (Minch & Sheldon)
CORRECTION.

I'll give some shoutout's later.

vagrantlibertine

Smash Cadet
I am quite literally homeless and travelling Canad
@Alphican

I learned a lot and I thank all you guys for teaching me. Especially Randall, Carl and yourself, Alphican. Maybe you don't remember, but we had some friendly Melee matches and they were great. I didn't win, but it was very close. Down to my last stock and yours... Your Sheik tactics definitely rival my own, good work

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Does Jim speak the truth Carl? Did you leave the tape at the hall? Did you get it back? If not prepared to get owned by everyone ;).

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I find it funny that no matter where I go people will always spell my name "Stefan/Stefen" when it is really spelled "Stephan".

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I know, but nothing can be as bad as all of the mispronunciations of my last name that I have heard (It's Simnovec btw).

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
Congrats Dan! Use some of that money to come to more SFU tourneys so team turtled blind can live again!
I just got 4th in singles 3rd in doubles at sfu7 =(

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
SHOUTOUTS TIME!!

---

SuperBoom: You would have likely rocked me in Melee (in general), and you pulverized me in our Brawl MM (sorry that you were playing while you were 'Brawled Out'). I had fun playing you in our tournament match, Dan. You earned these victories. I know now that it's pretty much impossibly to try and juggle G&W. If there was anybody I'd want to send me packing in the tournament, it'd be you. T'was an honor and I hope to see you at ADAT. Congratulations. Bring your G&W. Sonic's waiting. And also. TRIPLE FALCON PUNCH!!!!

LemonLau: SHOOP DA LOOP! Seriously. XD! That was so funny. I love Brawl! It was a shame that we never did get to do that Sonic ditto. Just too much going on, man. Did we even play in Melee outside of the Doubles? ... I can't remember. There's too many people that I wanted to test my new stuff of Link on. XD! You were great, as always. I hope that you enjoy those granola bars. We need to play more matches. TRY TO GO TO HAWAII WITH ME. Canada represent!!!

Tyson: We didn't play one another. That freaking blows. :[ Brawl or Melee alike... How do I keep freaking missing these things!? XD Way to kick all kinds of @$$ in the Brawl Doubles. In general, really. You're too awesome. You are on my list. You're next. We must play!!

KillL0ck: Nice Sonic ditto, Jack. Haha. XD Your Link in Brawl is nothing short of amazing, took it to mine for sure. I loved playing your Marth & Link in Melee as well. They were so fun!! Keep that fire going man, we're going to play again when we're both in our prime. Congrats on 4th place as well! I'm happy for you, in fact, I'm happy for everyone! Be there for ADAT, man!

Solaris: You're...14, right? I sincerely apologize if I'm mistaken. But you're pretty great for your age. In Melee and Brawl alike. I wish I could have had more matches against you in both games. Thank you for the friendlies in Melee and our Doubles tourney match was awesome! You guys had me sweating, that's for sure. We must play again some time. ^^

Alphicans: Good stuff!! Keeping it real with Toon Link. Congrats on 7th place. Top 10 ftfw!! Thanks for letting me stay and Smash with you and Mark before CT4, Luke. It was greatly appreciated. We must do this again sometime. I'm jealous of your basement. XDD Keep it real with Sheik in Melee, but never forget the epicness of your Young Link. You were one of the people I wanted to face the most in the Brawl Singles. Perhaps at ADAT. ^^ ... By the way. Kiss my @$$. Sonic rules. :p

Frio: Dude!! We are just SOLID as Doubles! Good stuff in Melee & Brawl alike. Pikachu & Ganon are a team of epic proportions in Melee. P.Trainer & Pikachu unite for Brawl!! XD We really had something to prove, and I'm proud of us. Keep that gay Pikachu alive and rollin' in Melee. Next time, we're gonna aim for the top. I still say you should learn Snake so we can do Jihad Sonic. And we'll find a new team name for ourselves soon enough. :p

FalseFalco: CT4 along with AME has been my favorite tournament that I have ever attended. Thank you for being such an amazing host, for the donuts, and for the water and pepsi. ... Oh, and you were okay in Smash, I guess. XDDDD I kid, I kid! XD You were nothing SHORT of amazing. If that Triple Falcon Punch wasn't enough to boast how epic you are in the name of Smash Bros. I enjoyed our Brawl Doubles matches. You and Shawn make quite a team, Carl. Thank you, for everything, once again. You brought me into a community/world that I don't think that I could live without. Never die, Carl. Keep leading us in Smash Bros., nothing will ever be the same if you weren't around. You have my thanks for everything, for the initial confidence boost when we first played pre-AME, for the lessons taught by you and everybody else, and...well...everything. We need to play some Brawl singles sometimes. And I believe some Melee rematches are in order. Bring your A-Game, as always!! And thank you, once more.

SHWN: Did you just stay for Brawl Doubles? I'm saddened that we couldn't play anything else outside of our set in the tournament! We needed some Sonic vs. Dedede or Dedede vs. Sonic, man! And we're totally going to have to play some Link vs. Samus in Melee. Stick around for a lil' bit. Good games, and you and Carl are one hell of a team. ^^ Seeya around. Even if I get rocked. It'll be an honor to play you again someday.

Fosh: Anthony, wicked awesome times. Did we play in Melee friendlies? ... I think we did. The only problem is that we didn't play enough. We're gonna have to change that soon. ... I never mentioned this before. But totally random. But you sound EXACTLY (kid you not, EXACTLY) like my friend, Alfred. He's Vietnamese. XD! Good Smashing, man. Good Smashing. ^^ Try to pick up some Brawl too! I'd like to play you on both fronts.

Yoshara: I hope that your first tournament experience was a good one. ^_^ We need to play some more sometime. You placed very respectfully for your first time.

RJM: Randall, it is ALWAYS a pleasure to play alongside you. I may be Pro Brawl and you may be Pro Melee (epic Luigi-ness ftfw!!!!), but nothing will ever stop us from just playing Smash Bros. Our Doubles matches were intense and if I wasn't trying to bair you or fair you, I was always scared that I'd miss the L-Cancel and get grabbed. ...which happened a lot. XD!!! Awesome Melee friendlies on the side as well! I would have liked to play you in Brawl Singles if we all would have known that Melee Singles would have been cancelled. We will meet again. And dude.. I forgot my pants. Again. XD

Kithkin: Awesome Money Match. ^^ Your DK is something fierce. O_o Like. Seriously. None of our matches were one-sided and we were just in the zone!! You've earned that $5. ... I'm such a cheap bastard. Excellent job in the tournaments as well. You're still as epic as you've always been. Represent the heavy people, man!! Funny as hell times though waiting to be picked up though. XD I still wanted to Falcon Kick the jug.

Vitality: A shame you couldn't stay to crash at Luke's with me and Mark. I wanted to play you some more. We're all just nothing but a ball of laughs together man. It's what makes us such an awesome crew. XDD! We will play again some more though. That's a promise, my friend. ^^ Seeya later, Jim.

Janitor: YOU WERE LATE!!! XDDD Albeit fashionably. We had an amazing money match. Congrats on winning. XD Your Ganondorf is nothing short of amazing and I learned alot about using him, and even learned more about my Link (Hehehe. The fact that I can actually implement chain grabbing into my Link game now just amplified my Melee prowess). It means a lot for you to say that I do things that you've never seen a Link user do before. I feel so loved. Thank you for coming up. You and your bro alike. And if you insist, we'll keep the Brawling to online adventures ftw and leave the Melee'ing for the face-to-face epicness.

Jarrod: Your ROB is too good man. I'm still slapping myself for thinking that picking Pokémon Trainer against you as a counter character was a good idea. I should have stuck with Sonic. The first match was very fun and close. WOP bites. XDD! Sorry I let you down and Dan pwned me. I wanted my redemption and a rematch against you, man! Perhaps next time. Perhaps indeed. Way to go with 5th place for Brawl Singles and 2nd for Doubles both times! We need to play in Melee again. Friendlies all around! And Brawl too. XD! Your ROB is amazing.

R.L Prodigy: Hey buddy!! Long time, no see! You still never cease to amaze me with your Marth skills at such a young age. I'm very happy that I got my rematch with you. You and your brother were part of the reason that I was so hyped for CT4 in the first place. I hope to play you again. I'm stepping it up with Link some more, you'd better do the same with Marth! ^^

MagnuM: Even in Brawl, your Bowser is nothing to shrug off. You kept me on my toes, especially when you played your Pokémon Trainer against me. Squirtle is freaking TOUGH to keep up with as Sonic. Thank you for the matches and even the friendlies afterwards. You were a joy to play, Stu. We're going to be playing again many times in the future, I can tell. Bring your A-Game. I'll bring mine too. ^^ Did we even do any Melee friendlies or whatever at all? I can't remember! ... Well. Asides our Melee Doubles match. XD! Either way, keep it real with Boozer, man.

Beeble: Awesome commentary. 'Nuff said. And I was an announcer!! YAY!! XD I feel special. Or...something. :p Snake vs. Sonic was a great match-up. It was awesome to get to play you. We missed out on our Melee Link vs. Yoshi MM; we're going to have to do something about that in the future, Mike. Brawl or Melee alike, we'll play again. ^^

Colin: Good game. ^^ I hope to see you at more tournaments in the future so you can only improve on your skills. And I'm always willing to take a rematch against you. Let's Smash, friend.

Everybody Else: I'm terrible with names and who I face... It's either that or it's because of the time that I decided to do these shoutouts and I'm an idiot for complimenting everyone with half a brain. XD! I hope that CT4 was good to all of you. Keep on competing, don't stop playing what you love, come to ADAT or any other tournament in the near future. I'll be waiting and we can all play together real soon. ♥ Happy Smashing!!

---

I missed people, probably. And for that I apologize. These are the shoutouts I wanted to give. If you guys want to be included and refresh my memory if we played or even talked, just lemme know. ^^ Everyone is awesome and we're the ones that keep the community alive. Congratulations to everybody in the tournament. We all had something to prove here, I think. And we lived up to it, I think. CT5. Let's make it happen. And it will be intense. INTENSE I TELL YOU!!!!!!

You guys can count on me to keep on attending these tournaments. Sonic Main forever. Brawl forever. Melee forever. 64 (even if it was absent, lulz) forever.

SUPER SMASH BROS. FOREVER

... That should be the title of the next game. XD

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts. Order shamelessly taken from singles results. Like Spindash.

SuperBoom - Dan, you are a beast. GW was sweet, but really, this tournament showed off yet another skillset you have that not many people have seen: winning super sudden death. The Falcon Punches were sweet too.

LemonLau - Good stuff buddy. 2nd in brawl; could this be the triumphant return of le sid? With the help of moves 1,2 and 3, I say yes! That romming was dumb. Just remember no NOS before melee, lest you really throw up. Best teams for us yet.

Tyson - Good sh*t reppin snake. Unlike me. I tried man, but, well, brawl johns. We'll have to have some 1v1 in both melee and brawl sometime.

Killock - I did not know you got 4th in singles. Congrats! I don't think we played more then a couple games though, so more next time.

Jarrod - Always a pleasure playing you, although for some reason you always knock me and sid out of teams.

Solaris - I don't think I played you in anything. Which should be remedied. Good seeing you again, I hope you got home alright!

Alphicans - Luke, you ***** me in brawl. Which is why we need to have a melee money match! (And I dunno, teach me some brawl so I suck less)

Matrix - Congrats on singles finish. Dev was lame, yes. We need to have that team money match sometime. Probabally at sid's.

Spin-Dash - Your sonic ***** me. Which makes baby jesus cry. We will definately play more games, both melee and brawl, in the coming months, esp. @ ADAT.

FalseFalco - I'm astounded you stuck it out as long as you did, so props for dedication. Too bad about melee singles. And brawl in general. You and dan in teams was too strong. Yet another organized and well run tourney, I look forward to CT5 (assuming I'm in town next summer).

MagnuM - Stu, it's always good to see you, and all your shenanigans. Glad to see the bowser come out in a number of games. We should get some yoshi/bowser matches going sometime.

Beeble - You suck at brawl.

Kithkin - Good to see you Brad. Glad you made the trek down. Your brawl is strong, keep up the good work.

Colin/Andre - Good casuals guys, thanks for coming out.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
We ran out of time. Also, we didn't use the other TV's. I think everybody in Doubles got recorded. ♥

If we get vids, I want to know if there were any of Brawl. I seriously want to see some of those matches if I were in any of them.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Superboom: You and your hax! That was the smexiest G&W I've ever seen, if anyone deserved to go to first it was definitely you, Dan. Too bad we didn't get to catch a game of Melee with each other, I wouldn't of minded bringing back old times with some Falcon ditto's(And some random Falcon KICKS!) =P

LemonLau: Man when you told me that you were in the grand finals I almost chocked on my own saliva. I felt like I was being left behind in the losers bracket, from that point on I was really aiming for the top but instead made a sloppy choice of going Link against Dan's G&W on our second match(NO JOHNS :x) - congratulations on winning the fantastic door prize, I hear granola bars are good for the soul(Because one day I'll take yours! <.<!). Anyway dude good ****, always a good run with you Sid.

Spin Dash:(AKA: UR 2 SLOOWW) - Dude those were some fun matches we had in Brawl and Melee, and man that was one feisty Sonic you had going on there; I wouldn't even doubt that you were going for best Sonic in Canada(If not THE best already). Keep up the pwnage man, hope to talk to you again at ADAT, oh and you get a gold medal for keeping it real! XD

Alphicans Man I think we only had like one match in Brawl(Believe it was Link vs T.Link), the rest was Melee. You definitely got a good Shiek going there(GAY. JK), but once I started to get into the groove again for Melee I was definitely giving people a run for their money. It's always good to see you again because you're always improving, hope to have more friendlies sometime, until then make sure that T.Link becomes a heck of a beast in your arsenal because I've brought quite a few of them to their graves <.<

Solaris: Dude you are simply an amazing player for your age, and an even better doubles partner. Our chemistry at the beginning was a little rackety but we ended up molding like a good bagel with exceptional cream cheese(That being me! JK! XD). While other teams had awesome chemistry from earlier experience you and me came in doubles for our first time and scored 5th place, I'd say thats a hell of an achievement for a first run. We even gave Jarros and Mike a heck of a time(Man those we're close).

Mike and Jarrod: Those were some intense friendlies but you guy's ended up slinging back and giving us a boot out the door, you guy's are always fun to play too bad I never singled either of you, maybe next time. Oh and you guy's have a great sense of humor, it always makes me laugh with your crazy shenanigans <3

Beeble: Man those were some great matches in Melee, you know Yoshi is my only weakness for that game! Or as you would put it, my Kryptonite XD But I ended up coming through and winning all of our matches, none the less though that Yoshi is always an amazing opponent(TOP TIER), next time though let's have some more friendlies and at least have a couple matches in Brawl.

FalseFalco: Like always you're an awesome host, though this time you were hanging on a hair from almost falling over and taking a snooze, I know how you feel though dude I only had a couple hours of sleep myself. Definite props to you for keeping the tournament alive in your own lack of sleep. I never got to face you that whole tournament, so next time let's have us a rumble.

Kithkin: Dude your DK was amazing stuff, I never got to face your Bowser unfortunately. We had some INTENSE matches going on in the losers bracket, definite props to you, you seem like a great guy. I hope next time we can fit in some friendlies.

Matrix: Haha dude that Diddy was B(R)AWLIN. Definitely the best I've seen yet, we didn't get to do much more than that though, let's face some more next time we meet.

RJM: Man that Luigi was amazing, you got so many Noob combo's off of me </3 - You're a great guy and I hope we meet again in the future, I'm actually going to be playing Melee more now, so next time I won't have to warm up =P

MagnuM: We only got to face right before I had to leave, too bad I was hoping to do a couple more matches with you. Your Marth is definitely something, I hope to give you a run for your money next time though.

Yoshara: Your Wolf was pretty good and this being your first tournament amplified that even more, you definitely got some nasty potential so I'll be expecting you in future tournaments. Good luck until then.

Tyson: Dude I can't believe I almost forgot to add you on my shoutouts(;-;); We didn't really face but we talked some and we doubled for a couple Melee games, next time we see each other we definitely have to have some uber brawl matches. You seem like a great guy, so hopefully we can do something about that in the future(ADAT?).
--

For everyone else I've forgotten I apologize, if I remember anyone else I'll make sure to update my list. You were all great, love the smash community; I'd say this was my first real professional tournament that I've taken to a serious level(I've been to CT1, CT2 but I didn't know squat then). Good luck to all of you and take care - I hope to see some familiar faces in the future.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Yoshara: Your Pit was pretty good and this being your first tournament amplified that even more, you definitely got some nasty potential so I'll be expecting you in future tournaments. Good luck until then.
My Pit? I played Wolf.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
SuperBoom - Wow, I got nothin on that. Way to sweep all events Dan.

LemonLau - He's the illest smasher the tourney crasher the M-K master and faster, than all the rest almost the best but he got put to the test by the boom-ba-boom-boom the superboom impending doom shows you his moves this ****'s fo realllllll payce

Tyson - It's unfortunate that you stuck with Snake, cause seriously if you used any other character I bet you would have beat me. Those were some mad skills though, all close games.

Killock - Impressive. I thought you'd place well, and you indeed placed well. I didn't see any of your games though... did you stick with Link throughout or switch to MK? Anyhow, congrats.

Jarrod - I think we've met up in almost every tournament bracket we have ever been in. Some solid ROB there.

Solaris - What was with the DK? You never use DK when we play. I guess it worked though eh? It's good to know you got home alright.

Alphicans - WOW that was the most intense set of the day, hands down. Playing against you is always enjoyable, cause we actually talk during our matches.

Matrix - WTF @ meeting up in the bracket. Our teams friendlies were insane fun.

RJM - The coolest. For real. I always look forward to seeing you at tournaments. Way to rep Melee.

Spin-Dash - You actually beat people with Sonic. That deserves a share of the pot in my mind. Like... honorary 1st or something cause seriously, Sonic? I'm still not over it. Thanks for all the hilarious moments. I'm still thinking about travelling. Mebbe

Koda - I don't remember playing you, unless we did in teams...

FalseFalco - THANK YOU MILLIONS for the shirt. And for the fantastic door prize. And for hosting the tourney, despite your level of alertness and energy. And for actually running a successful tourney. And for the lulz.

MagnuM - LIZARDON used STOMP! Critical hit! It's super effective! Enemy FUSHIGISOU fainted. Probably one of the more entertaining sets of the day was our pokemon trainer match. What can I say, you are a better Pokemon master than I.

Beeble - You didn't get enough Sonic practice before the tourney! You know we're taking teams at ADAT. WE'RE IN THE MONEY FINALLY$$$$$$$$$$ SOFT SERVE SNAK OPENING SOON FOR BUSINESS (and great justice)

Kithkin - It was really cool having you over at my place, which wasn't really my place. You've gotta step up Calgary's game yo.

Colin - I dunno about you, but I thought the opportunity to meet you was the coolest thing ever. I thought you lived in some remote corner of the US or something, but little did I know you're right here in Edmonton. Thanks for all the Ness games, you've got something going there.

MikeMonkey, SHWN, FastFox, Steve, Nitro-Blazer, xpiritflare, Dev, NoobKing, Blunted_Object - Where the hell were you? No johns.

Victor - This tourney featured you and you were 6 hours late! It's a good thing you made it, because it wouldn't have been the same without you.

This tourney was interesting. I didn't think I'd find the Melee event very interesting after losing all my Melee skill to Brawl, but it was actually one of the huge highlights of the day. It took about 10 or so games to get back in the groove, and then it was fantastic!

**** Dan YOU'RE TOO GOOD

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
My Pit? I played Wolf.
I apologize I had mistaken you for someone else, though as you can see I editted my post before you posted =P

Killock - Impressive. I thought you'd place well, and you indeed placed well. I didn't see any of your games though... did you stick with Link throughout or switch to MK? Anyhow, congrats.
I switched from Link to MK every so often determined on the match ups. But yeah I was keeping Link in my arsenal for good reason.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
LemonLau - He's the illest smasher the tourney crasher the M-K master and faster, than all the rest almost the best but he got put to the test by the boom-ba-boom-boom the superboom impending doom shows you his moves this ****'s fo realllllll payce
WTF. Seriously. Epic, but WTF.

Beeble - You didn't get enough Sonic practice before the tourney! You know we're taking teams at ADAT. WE'RE IN THE MONEY FINALLY$$$$$$$$$$ SOFT SERVE SNAK OPENING SOON FOR BUSINESS (and great justice)
Teams Entry Fee: $5 a person
Teams Prize for third place: $9 split 2 ways.
PLacing in the money: Priceless (or.... 50 cents?)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
we need VIDZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Charas please?

1: SuperBoom ($218.70) (G&W)
2: LemonLau ($109.35)
3: Tyson ($36.45)
4: Killock
5: Jarrod
5: Solaris
7: Alphicans
7: Matrix

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lemonlau was MK
Tyson was Snake
Killock was MK
Jarrod was ROB
Solaris was MK, but i remember him as a marth main, but was using MK
Alphicans was T.link
Idk what matrix was I saw him play Lucario 1 set.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Lemonlau was MK
Tyson was Snake
Killock was MK
Jarrod was ROB
Solaris was MK, but i remember him as a marth main, but was using MK
Alphicans was T.link
Idk what matrix was I saw him play Lucario 1 set.
Matrix went Diddy against me, before that he was going Lucario on Carl.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
hawt solar randall shoutoutz

SuPeRbOoM
As Luke already pointed out, you've proven yourself to be a Smash Bros. tank and it is clear that the old posted power rankings no longer fairly represent your Melee ability. I would've liked to have had more matches with you, too, as I'm fairly sure you're the only person I didn't beat at least once this time around. A hearty congratulations on your winnings and general domination. Perhaps you might have to rip me apart in 64 some time, because I still think that's a beautiful game as well and I guess I didn't buy this lil' Gamecube-Controller-to-USB converter for nothing...

Fosh
Another speedcuber in the mix, eh? Hmm....you crazy Rubik's prodigies are going to be the downfall of us all in smash some day, I just know it.

Tyson
Somehow, I hardly saw you the whole tournament and I don't think we played once....oops--this will be remedied at future events!

MagnuM
You're always a good challenge in the game, Stu, and always a good time to hang around, too. I watched more of your Brawl matches than anyone else's and was continually impressed with how you made the subtle changes in the game from Melee seem to work in your favour in terms of adapting your play style. Good call on Denver the Last Dinosaur--I never would've remembered that name.

LemonLau
Always a good time, Sid. Tell me....why does Pikachu have to be such a bastard?

Kill0ck
You were excellent! I'm surprised I don't really know much about you. I look forward to future matches once you give that Melee a nice sun tan. :)

Vitality
Hey, you were really good and I particularly enjoyed playing you guys in teams! Hope to see you at future events.

MikeMonkey
Thanks for working to make me feel welcome as always. The Punch Crew and associates made for a tip-top evening complete with two memorable chicken wings and flashing images of the Samurai Pizza Cats and Babar reverberating off my corneal membrane. Incidentally, there was a pile of road paving going on south of Edmonton at 3:30 AM when I left that made the initial drive all the way to Nisku move no faster than 40 kilometres an hour...

Thank you also for hopping on to the Melee bandwagon for a bit whilst others initially turned their nose up at the potential lag of a projector in favour of a game doomed to be laggy no matter what screen you play it on.

Jarrod
Thank you muchly for pressing a spontaneous invitation on poor Aaron trying to convince him that I'm cool enough to come over without really knowing much about me...me and my homicidal, post-traumatic stress, Nazi-like violent tendencies. Did I even end up playing a match with ya? I don't think so...although, I did manage to usurp your game data after savagely destroying my own through a very sloppy and noobish series of menu buttons. In any case, the slice of pizza was delicious. Peace.

VagrantLibertine
"Hey guys I haves a good use of the words unsbozzle: my lungs, unsbozzle, de air, from the Earth, as I can breathe. It. Period."

Enjoy your epic trek to Scandinavia. That's pretty metal.

Spin-Dash
I didn't feel like a played you quite enough in light of your passion and enthusiasm for the game that has increased tenfold since AME. I really should've gotten a Brawl match or two in, but you know....it sucks. :) Don't worry about your pants. I keep them in a hermetically sealed container to protect from Calgary's exotic, bedroom-dwelling, nocturnal flannelmonkeys that are known to feed on such things. The pants are inert.

Shwn
Nice job carrying the watermelon in. Sweet combo. But other than that, I didn't see you at all somehow! I didn't even know you played in teams. Ah well, we shall meet again.

Solaris
Thanks for playing it smart in teams (unlike Young Link). You had a great variety of solid characters and we got to play a lot of matches--keep up the Melee! It's good to see some young players still willing to harken back to the old game.

Alphicans
Luke, you're a good guy to smash with. Solid, well-balanced competitive skills and a hearty appreciation for the mighty Young Link as well. But....do you understand what SHEIK is? She's a punk!! She's not even a character--it's not even a she! It is half a character! With no soul--a foul demon, steaming with the rank odours of ninja cheat and heathen lies, boiling incessantly in the bowels of Smash Bros. hell for the talentless and weak!! F-air, she says!! F-AIR!! I tell you there's nothing fair about it! Heathen!!! DEMON!!!

That said, I look forward to playing you (and your Sheik) again. :bee:

Frio
Didn't take you long to figure out the trick to gaying out my lanky Italian friend, did it? :laugh: Nice work on not dressing like Carl this tournament!

Beeble
You suck at Brawl.

And you should be proud.

Janitor
Too bad you didn't come down earlier, Victor, we could've had a whole shwack o' matches, but I was nevertheless glad to get the ones in that we did. I have a rough time with Ganondorf and definitely need more practice against competent Ganon players--he just hits too hard. WHACK--SMACK--and yer dead! DEAD! ...hope you enjoyed the gum?

Kithkin
It's a good thing I didn't play you. That would've been a little silly. See you at the
tri-weeklies--dun dun dunnnn!!

R.L.Prodigy
You are sick. Your youthful and brilliant smash combat brain should be harvested for genetic reproduction en masse. It's not just embarrassing to be KO'd via a gorgeous, sweeping Aerial Ken combo by an 11 year-old...it's an honour.

FalseFalco
Well you did seem awfully exhausted all day and I can't blame ya. I was glad to be able to get more matches than I would've expected out of the painstakingly thankless work that is tournament direction. Good call on the foot race for the granola bars (if, in fact, that was your idea) and in retrospect, I probably should've participated in that event at least. As you know, I appreciate the kind of hassle and garbage associated with hosting and though the Melee singles were lost, I still think you would've won them despite the enormous distraction.

I was actually quite surprised how quickly the crowd thinned out after Brawl events had come to a close. What they missed was the best part and I hope that more players will hang around and continue to keep Melee alive, passing on the same glory of the golden age that swept the nations for seven years. Although the player count went down for Melee doubles, the energy level went up tremendously and it makes me believe that maybe Brawl won't kill the game after all. It's powerful now, but if Melee continues to feature itself at Brawl tournaments, I can't imagine new players not getting interested in that kind of energy. I look forward to seeing that idea manifest itself at tournaments such as yours, and you can take a lot of credit for keeping that alive--more than anyone else in Alberta.

Sakurai
You
bastard.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
OKAY some half ***** shout outs and stuffs

LemonLau: ggz man. I didn't expect you to be so good in brawl haha, but your mk puts up a nice fight and stuffs(shoop da ****ing loop). You wore shorts just so you could get those granola bars didn't you? ggz you win there

Tyson: You're good. We had some real intense sets in the singles tournament and making me concentrate real hard haha. Good teamwork as well, ill be teaming with you at ADAT hopefully for brawl doubles. Thanks for supporting me in my sets with Sid.

Killock: Man...its been so long since we last played...like 06? LOL. You're fun to play and hopefully we can get some friendlies in both melee and brawl. Oh ya good try on using link, but he gets gimped too easily haha.

Jarrod: You're fun to be around since you're so funny. I'd like to face you some more in melee when im warmed up haha.

Solaris: I didn't get to play you this time around, but its swell that you did good.

Alphicans: Good Toon Link you have there. Also you've improved a lot in melee, soon as I warm up in melee im coming after you.

Matrix: Diddy...stop that.

VagrantLibertine: I didn't get to play you...I don't think I wanted to play you either, don't take it personally but I thought you were a scrub.

Spin-Dash: Way to rep sonic haha. I'll play brawl even if im brawled out for some cash incase you were wondering. ggz.

Koda: Don't know you.

FalseFalco: Nice tournament man and the idea of podcasts was insane. I'm sure you don't like brawl very much but im sure you'll get to like it more later on in time. I've always admired your technical skill in melee..keep that up.

MagnuM: Stu you're a really cool guy to be around. I like whenever you use some huge *** laggy move as bowser or downB and I call out "Fatass!", you just laugh.

Beeble: Mike you're a fun guy. Too bad we never get any friendlies. I liked when you said "looks like Superboom made a new uptilt AT!".

Kithkin: Sorry about not teaming with you man, didn't mean any hard feeling about that. I'm suprised on how good you are in brawl. Hopefully you don't bring your gf next time for epicness.

I need balls: Huh??

Lefticle: Didn't get to play you either mang

Mike: Too bad there was no melee singles for you to own in, theres always ADAT to go to!(put 64 you ***s)

Victor: Cool as ever, too bad we didn't get any friendlies in..oh well

Ivan Ooze: Stop haxxing us.

Frio: Nice friendly in melee lol, your pikachu will get better.

and if ive missed anyone...I don't care, this is all your gonna get. On a serious note for gameplay ive noticed from playing each smash game competitively is that each game has its own approaching manner. In my opinion each game serves like this *ssb64 = aggressive gameplay* *Melee = A balance between aggressive and defensive gameplay* *Brawl = Very defensive and somewhat campy game, except for metaknight who is aggressive as hell*. From this realization it has developed my gameplay and perhaps mindgames for all games so I can continue to be good. Also play 64 you ***s.

Yeah, ggz to all for CT4

EDIT: Randall: I enjoyed playing you in melee, sorry that I wasn't warmed up fully to show you my potential but no johns. Hopefully we get to play more in the future.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
I don't have a 64 anymore and it sucks to play on the computer keyboard. :p

But even if you're made of serious rapage in 64 and...well, everything, you're convincing me to pick up some classic epicness. XD!

Maybe when VC decides to man up and give us Smash 64. But I'd like to give it a shot, man.

Top Bottom