• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I found a funny way to beat bowser. I'd tell you how, but I don't want to ruin everyone's childhood. Also, I'm just a little better with the raccoon tail as an attack.

swift

Smash Journeyman
Hello my fort worth smashers. you probably don't know who I am. I used to play melee a lot on smashboards and then I fell off the face of the earth. I still love melee and old smash and I don't mind brawl either. with all that said, I want to get back in the smash community but I want to stay in fort worth for the most part. Let me know where the smashfest are

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
Guys, Kovu bailed out of going to phase today. I think he's officially done. So Batou and I will finish the c. falcon-wolf fued with a money match. And we're spending it on some chicken... and cookies, too. lol
Well, I actually did have stuff to do. And you know me, I'm a bit more concerned about getting work done. Also I wanted to wait until this overnight shift is over with.

But I promise, Phase 12 I will go to. As soon as the date is posted, I will request that day off.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Hello my fort worth smashers. you probably don't know who I am. I used to play melee a lot on smashboards and then I fell off the face of the earth. I still love melee and old smash and I don't mind brawl either. with all that said, I want to get back in the smash community but I want to stay in fort worth for the most part. Let me know where the smashfest are
Glad to see another Fort Worth player. Especially a Melee one. :) Supposedly, Fort Worth is home to a few great players, but I can't ever get a hold of them. I'll tell you in this thread when I'm holding a smash fest.

swift

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see another Fort Worth player. Especially a Melee one. :) Supposedly, Fort Worth is home to a few great players, but I can't ever get a hold of them. I'll tell you in this thread when I'm holding a smash fest.
Thanks buddy. I also have six other smashers that I play with locally. It's about time Fort Worth has a community.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Problemo's Smashfest!
???!
Keep in mind this is not a routine smashfest and it will not happen every week.

2421 Via Palermo, Fort Worth TX
Apartment #1411 (Villa's at Oak Hill Apartments)
Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2421 ...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Directions:
Coming from I-30, head down south on S. Hulen St. until you reach Bridgeview Drive on the left. (it should be just after a little road construction on a bridge). Then turn left at the stop sign and go down the road until you see the apartment gates on the left.

Coming from I-20 or further south, go up North on S. Hulen St. until you pass a Walgreen's on the right. Look for Bridgeview Drive on the right after the 2 consecutive stop lights. Take it, and then turn left at the stop sign and go down the road until you see the apartment gates on the left.

Time:
3pm - ??? (probably late)

Phone number:
YOU WILL NEED THIS TO GET IN!!
817-627-7907

IMPORTANT: HOW TO GET IN
When you get to the apartments, call my number on your phone so that I can come let you in. (If you can piggy back off of someone else getting in when there is no security on duty, you can usually do that and get away with it. SHHHHH!!!)

Parking may be a pain if there is a lot of people. You can only park in unroofed areas.
I'm having a smashfest today. Super short notice. There will be both Brawl and Melee, but if we want to do both at once, someone needs to bring a 2nd wii.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, seeing if the TX smash community is interested in attending a multi-game tourney hosted by central Arkansas on July 31st in Conway, AR with games such as Brawl, Melee, BlazBlue: CS, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter 4, and more! Our last tournament had over 70 people from five different states (including many players from the DFW area) with a total pot value of over $1000. We'd like to make our tournament even bigger and better than last time. If you're interested please post on the official thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=281258 or contact me somehow. You can even just reply here.

Thanks guys for your support!

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
****, I can't go to the next Hobo or Phase, due to work and Afest.

Due to certain things like work and possibly school (college and driving lessons, and maybe hit the gym) I just do not have the time for it anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still love Brawl and the competitive scene, it's just not my life, you know? I have much other important things to take care of.

So, my hiatus continues, in fact, it may never end.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
^ I know how it is... I'm going to school in the fall as well, I've been spending my days at the gym.... but I'm still able to go to ALS this weekend and other tournaments, it's just that I don't practice that much anymore... but I'll be hosting a smashfest this Friday at my place in preparation for ALS. Also, I gotta pick up Echo that day... and I'm going to pick him up early...

TheWinged

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'm heading out to east texas in the fall too which will cut down on my tournament attendance pretty sharply and i wont be able to hit many ft worth smashfests unless i make special plans to come home that weekend or something.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I'll try a smashfest again on Thursday, so between ALSM's and mine, we're bound to fit someone's schedule right? Check a page back if you need details on the event. Time starts at 4pm

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
****, I can't go to the next Hobo or Phase, due to work and Afest.

Due to certain things like work and possibly school (college and driving lessons, and maybe hit the gym) I just do not have the time for it anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still love Brawl and the competitive scene, it's just not my life, you know? I have much other important things to take care of.

So, my hiatus continues, in fact, it may never end.
Don't worry about it Kovu, I understand the feeling. It's just brawl man. You either play to have fun, or don't really bother because it's just not appealing to you anymore. You know that I still need a partner because of this.

Thanks buddy. I also have six other smashers that I play with locally. It's about time Fort Worth has a community.
That is the sole purpose of why Kovu and I have started this Smashboards community. We play to learn, and we play to have fun. Welcome to the Fort Worth Community buddy. All questions and answers will be addressed on this forum.

We welcome melee players as well. Melee is still a fun game and regardless of how people flock to Brawl now, we respect all players of the smash realm completely. Thanks for your continual support and again, welcome to the Fort Worth Thread :)

Also, I understand your plight as well Winged. It was finally good to meet you regardless. The need to take care of your personal life WILL ALWAYS come first before brawl, so if you need to take a break due to personal issues, you know I won't hold it against you. Take care of business then come back to have some fun with us man.....oh btw....your girlfriend is really hyper o.O

But it's a good thing lol she's got a lot of spirit....

I can relate to everyone here on the boards. My job doesn't pay very well so my choices are limited. My car hasn't been fixed yet so I can only go to a select few smashfests and tournaments. With my girlfriend wanting to spend every day with me, work, paying bills and keeping the cops at bay, I can relate...trust me.

Oh well.....keep posting the smashfests up....we'll attend them when we can.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I won't be able to host any more smashfests, so ALSM's Understandable Johns are no more. My smashfests have occured the most with weeklies, and sometimes even bi-weeklies. I can only hope someone else will step up and keep the Fort Worth smash activity going.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
:( That really sucks. I learned so much from coming to your smashfests.
Well, see the thing is, I've changed living locations. I'm in the Mansfield, Arlington area now, but I still claim Fort Worth. =) I'm glad that you learned something from my smashfests. I'll be looking forward to attending other smashfests and also continuing to go to tournaments and improve.

swift

Smash Journeyman
Lg , WMD, and myself will be going to problem2 smashfest today. I hope to see you guys there. I play all three generations of smash, I just like melee the best. so I'm down for whatever. I will be there around seven thirty due to work, but I will be there.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I'm playing Snake for tournaments from now on.
CF for doubles.

When a problem arrives a solution appears. I'll be hosting smashfests in a little while.....I'll let you guys know when it starts happening again.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
well hot ****. snake in singles? Hope you stick with it this time!
If you think about it....it's safer to use a character with better natural abilities......makes things easier on your part. At least for singles....now doubles is a whole new thing....CF can handle it better than snake IMO.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
on a random note. I've decided to stop taking smash seriously for the summer. I'll go to smashfests and tournaments and stuff, but I'm not going to enter brackets and will probably prefer to goof around in doubles because they're more fun. I feel like I've been trying too hard, and it's only making me a worse player.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
If you take smash too seriously, you will lose.
Don't worry man.
Take a breather.
If you feel like playing competitively think of this......if you study too hard, you won't learn much. If you push yourself over the limit, you will need time to rest.

Yes, a breather is nice....

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
So random question.

I plan on getting FF14, and i got PS3 FF13 the first day it came out. However my mom threw away my item promo code that comes with FF13. I was going to see if anyone would be willing to give me theirs. All it does is give you some item in FF14 when it comes out.

I would greatly appreciate it, if so just PM me the code or whatever. Thanks a bunch

Denti

Smash Master
So I've noticed there isn't a brawl tourney on the 7th besides Apex. For the people not able to go to Apex, would you like if I hosted a tourney at my house, would anyone be interested?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
So I've noticed there isn't a brawl tourney on the 7th besides Apex. For the people not able to go to Apex, would you like if I hosted a tourney at my house, would anyone be interested?
I would.
Since no one around here has the time and freaking money to fly to apex due to ALS and such....

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
So random question.

I plan on getting FF14, and i got PS3 FF13 the first day it came out. However my mom threw away my item promo code that comes with FF13. I was going to see if anyone would be willing to give me theirs. All it does is give you some item in FF14 when it comes out.

I would greatly appreciate it, if so just PM me the code or whatever. Thanks a bunch
Sorry Tyson I uh don't remember the promo code for mine.....though I know about the item thing your talking about.

Denti gimme a call about OK this weekend.
Seriously I love that idea SeriousCat :)
Didn't know you had roaches at your crib tho o.O

Top Bottom