• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Oh yes now I remember, sorry it has been a long time.
I don't know if I can attend Phase 12 since it just had to freaking be at QuakeCon.
Do we have to like pay for a pass just to get to the tournament because if you do, I'm not gonna go.
The pass is like 40 bucks o.O

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Ok good....I just got confirmation from a friend of mine who's gonna be competing in the Quake Tournament there, he said everything is free....except you need a pass for some areas of the convention but it's a rare few sections in which they allow it. I think it's for press reasons.....

TheWinged

Smash Rookie
Sadly I wont be there, going up to denton to get some music stuff that i cant get anywhere else for some reason and saying hi to my buds up there. im going to the next phase though.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
So... I was thinking about having a Collateral Damage reunion party somewhere in the future, just to catch up on things and have fun; this includes ALSM, Fish, Batou, Kovu, DMP, Ouro, Celia/Wingless Angel, and Virt. This would take some effort for all of us to meet in one place, but I think it would be awesome. It's just an idea that popped into my head. Of course, anyone else would be invited as well. For those of you who don't know, before a thread was ever made for this community, there was a small group of players who were basically Fort Worth's smash scene; yes, just 8 people. I'll stop there, because that's all we need to know, everything else is history.

Collateral Damage Memorial -

:lucas:Virt - Mained Lucas, Yoshi, and Wario, and always complained about chaingrabs, locks, and other seemingly gay tactics, yet he always sucked it up and played through it. He was the guy that usually had something funny and ridiculous to say and he was the one to come up with the crew's new name of Collateral Damage. Though he was not one of the best in our crew, he was so fitted for doubles (teamed up with Kovu, they went undefeated at TGC, and hold the longest win streak of our smashfests at tcc.)

:mario2:Ouro - Good with almost every character, he was one who disliked the usage of high tier characters like Metaknight. Mained Mario and Lucario. His former gamer tag was VlaD. I won't forget the first time playing with him and KSK (Knives), who in turn made me a better player. Much respect to both of them.

:snake:Kovu - Mained Donkey Kong and Snake. He was the first good player I met at tcc, and we had a ton of close, good games. Eventually, with the introduction of a new form of Brawl, called Brawl+, he gave up playing Brawl for Brawl+ for awhile; like usual with all other games, he always came back to playing Brawl. He supplied us with recorded vids of us playing, and developed a trailer for a montage the crew.

:zelda:Celia - The only girl in the crew, she was a Zelda main who was not to be underestimated (she also used Marth and Toon Link). Throughout time, however, we hardly saw her in smashfests, but when she did show up, it was like she was the last piece to complete the group. A great doubles partner, I believe, and I wish her the best of luck on her life outside of Brawl.

:falcon:Batou - A man who loved himself some chicken, he initially mained C. Falcon
and flaunted his moves for all to get wrecked. In due time, he picked
up R.O.B and was doing well, however, due to events happening at HOBO
20 (Houston Brawl tourney), Batou and I got in a heated debate that
forced him to quit. He eventually came back, and we welcomed him with open arms. And eventually, when I left this team, I passed on the leadership torch to him, and thus, a former Ft. Worth thread was born which eventually led to the current Ft. Worth thread. I remember telling him, it seemed to me that he should be focusing more on street fighter. However, to this day, he continues to main C. Falcon and play whatever game suits his fancy.

:marth:Fish - Sad to see him go, he was one of if not the best in our crew. His Marth was scary, his Ganon surprisingly dangerous, and his Pokemon Trainer (esp. Charizard) skilled. Fish and I had very intense Marth vs. Link games, and we made a good team (Team ALSM-Fish ftw). He and I also got into an intense fight, but we soon reconciled. I was under stress at the time (Paula drama), and I went out of character and line. Eventually, he just disappeared, concentrating on school and picking up other games.

:wolf:DMP - DOOM, MURDER, AND PAIN. LITERALLY THE BEST SNAKE AND WARIO AND ICE CLIMBERS IN TEXAS. Nah, he was actually Fort Worth's Wolf player who specialized the down-smash. His former gamer tag was SWAT. Always the jokester of the group, he would come up with all sorts of sayings in game and out. He never took anything too serious and always had fun.

:link2:ALSM - That's me. I find it weird to talk about myself but here goes: I main Link and fiddle around with Meta Knight. I was the initial leader of this crew, and I usually was the one who got everyone together. I was always checking for the latest tournaments and arranging our conflicting schedules for all of us to meet and practice; and if we couldn't all meet, I would meet with them one at a time on their own time. Usually, I was everyone's carpool to smashfests and tournaments. Eventually, things got complicated and heavy, and I got frustrated because I felt we were not improving much. We'd go to tournaments and get wrecked, but we continued to work at it. And the rest is drama, whatever else happened in Collateral Damage that I do not mention stays in Collateral Damage; in the past. In short, I was too harsh, and there were times when I got too serious. I eventually quit leading the group, and left it all in the hands of Batou. And now, it's just the Fort Worth community, and we're all a team and we do the best we can to represent.

Fun fact: Collateral Damage was originally dubbed League of Extaordinary Fail.
Montage Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHI45wisFI8

*Wipes tears away* Good times...

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
So... I was thinking about having a Collateral Damage reunion party somewhere in the future, just to catch up on things and have fun; this includes ALSM, Fish, Batou, Kovu, DMP, Ouro, Celia/Wingless Angel, and Virt. This would take some effort for all of us to meet in one place, but I think it would be awesome. It's just an idea that popped into my head. Of course, anyone else would be invited as well. For those of you who don't know, before a thread was ever made for this community, there was a small group of players who were basically Fort Worth's smash scene; yes, just 8 people. I'll stop there, because that's all we need to know, everything else is history....

[Lots of stuff here]

*Wipes tears away* Good times...
Good Read. I would talk about my crew, but we were really bad.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Problemo's Smashfest!
Friday, August 20th!
Keep in mind this is not a routine smashfest and it will not happen every week.

2421 Via Palermo, Fort Worth TX
Apartment #1411 (Villa's at Oak Hill Apartments)
Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2421 ...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Directions:
Coming from I-30, head down south on S. Hulen St. until you reach Bridgeview Drive on the left. (it should be just after a little road construction on a bridge). Then turn left at the stop sign and go down the road until you see the apartment gates on the left.

Coming from I-20 or further south, go up North on S. Hulen St. until you pass a Walgreen's on the right. Look for Bridgeview Drive on the right after the 2 consecutive stop lights. Take it, and then turn left at the stop sign and go down the road until you see the apartment gates on the left.

Time:
3pm - ??? (probably late)

Phone number:
YOU WILL NEED THIS TO GET IN!!
817-627-7907

IMPORTANT: HOW TO GET IN
When you get to the apartments, call my number on your phone so that I can come let you in. (If you can piggy back off of someone else getting in when there is no security on duty, you can usually do that and get away with it. SHHHHH!!!)

Parking may be a pain if there is a lot of people. You can only park in unroofed areas.
"Let's do it again! Let's do it! Let's do it! Let's do it! do it! do it!"

I am off next weekend on August 20th. Who all wants to come?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
that's like 2 and a half hours away from me.
i'll have to speak with my colleague.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I have important news to discuss with you about my upcoming tournament(even though I haven't secured a date yet.) Please read the last post in the tournament thread for details.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Yeah.
We recovered back on stage after almost being gimped by Metaknight...THE KING OF DRAMA apparently..lol jk

But then again who can gimp better than him lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
quake con is tomorrow!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring full set-ups AND be at the venue by 11:30am. I say all of this because i expect over 100 people to enter due to the tourney being FREE to the public(and u can win money). I will also do a player cap of 128. So if u dont sign up before the 128th spot is taken.......tough sheeeeeeeeeeeeit!!!

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
QuakeCon was a bust.
Too disorganized...
But it wasn't xryo's or UTDZac's fault...I blame the free entry fee along with random people wanting to play in Phase that originally had no idea we were going to host it there.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Quakecon made me sad to =(

It also didn't help that there was incredibly poor lighting.

I'll make it up to you guys with the next phase. Maybe we should do Brawl- side event?

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
QuakeCon was a bust.
Too disorganized...
But it wasn't xryo's or UTDZac's fault...I blame the free entry fee along with random people wanting to play in Phase that originally had no idea we were going to host it there.

I also blame the fact that the QuakeCon site held sign ups when they really shouldn't. Sure it brought in numbers, but when 40+ signed up for SSF4 online plus 80(guesstimation) for a 140 man tournament bracket, it became clear that you(zryo and Zac) guys needed help if for no other reason than crowd control.

Also, getting everything done by six with a 1:30 start is just bat **** crazy. It was bad enough when it came to the numbers. It would have been smarter to split it over two days, or just held single elimination pools into a double elimination bracket when you got to the final 32. Makes the tournament much more manageable.

I have more, but it will ultimately piss more people off than would be helpful.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
is all that about brawl? just curious...
This thread technically doesn't state that it is only Brawl or Melee, though majority of players in Fort Worth are Brawl players. My Smash fest is for any form of smash bros. Patrick, Batou, and I play Melee, and if Swift ever comes by again with his friends, we'd have 7 players (and you could make 8:)).

EDIT: Hobo and Phase are Brawl only events though.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
You won't get it, I put in my vacation days for that weekend months ago. And if you get that day off and I don't, I swear to Satan I will kill you.
You and what army? Maybe someone else can cover me if I ask just ONE DAY off; it doesn't have to be you. And if that happens, I'm just gonna shrug my shoulders and continue on to HOBO. =P

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
This thread technically doesn't state that it is only Brawl or Melee, though majority of players in Fort Worth are Brawl players. My Smash fest is for any form of smash bros. Patrick, Batou, and I play Melee, and if Swift ever comes by again with his friends, we'd have 7 players (and you could make 8:)).

EDIT: Hobo and Phase are Brawl only events though.
hmm... that's a long drive for only 7 players.
i'll toy around with the idea, but don't bet on it.

Top Bottom