• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DasDonkey Vertex Box v2.2 Released!!

humble

Smash Ace
I find the vertices I want, extract those and the model, then when I finish to return it I just go to the vertices from the original model and copy the Mdl0 offset, then paste it in dasdonkeybox. It creates a new model and the model is always errored.

EDIT:
I get the same error when trying to replace it with the originalmdl0 file...wth? I know it isn't BB because up till now I have been using v0.61, but I just downloaded v0.63d, and they both don't work. It isn't that particular vertices, because I tried others and they failed as well...

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Where do I put the msvcr71.dll in, in my Vertex folder or somewhere in my WINDOWS folder?

humble

Smash Ace
Anywhere on your SD card is fine, I just keep it in the general folder G:/, which is my SD cards main folder.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Thanks but it turns out I don't need it, I had it in my System 32 folder since last year :p

spiderjjr45

Smash Apprentice
I get this when I try to create a 3DS file.

'Errorjava.io.EOFException'

Then it creates a blank DDV.3DS file.

spiderjjr45

Smash Apprentice
Did you name the MDL0: ''model'' and the vertex file: ''vertex.DDF'' and put them in the same folder as the vertex box?
No, I named the MDL0 "potato" and the vertex "pie.DDR", then I put both of them in the recycling bin. :rolleyes:

humble

Smash Ace
Ok in that case it should work fine, if not try buying a new computer and re-download everything again and start hoping you don't get the same problem
Actually his problem was he is supposed to name it "pie.DDF" which is what caused the issue. Try it again and it should work.

spiderjjr45

Smash Apprentice
Ok in that case it should work fine, if not try buying a new computer and re-download everything again and start hoping you don't get the same problem
Well, you see, I've edited vertices before, (Kirby and Snake, specifically.) but right now, I'm trying to edit the vertices of Snake's final smash ladder, and it comes up with that error. So I'm stumped.

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
This program only works with characters pac, not PSA, pacs or item pacs sorry dude

spiderjjr45

Smash Apprentice
You really should add that to the OP, man. And if you can, find a way to change the vertices of other things. That'd be awesome .

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Woohoo! This is fun! Once you figure out the controls for Blender, that is. Ike is just hacking fodder waiting to be...hacked.

I have a spot of trouble I'm trying to fix. I'm trying to edit Link's hat, but I can't.

I took a FitLink01.pcs, and with BrawlBox, saved it as a pac so that I could use it with Vertex Box.

I open FitLink01.pac.

I export "FitLink_HatM_FitLink00_FitLink_BodyC" without the quotes, which I assume to be his hat. I change it to vertex.ddf, and I also export the model as "model". The Das Donkii Vertex Box seems to work fine, and says "Successfully Created!"

Problem Time. When I try to either open or import it into Anim8tor, I get shut out. A very unhelpful message pops up, "Error in reading file". I continued to export it as an .obj file so that I could see what happens in Blender, but it doesn't exist at all. No vertices.

Is it Vertex Box? Is it the hat?

EDIT: Lol, using both past and present tense. Don't do this in school, people! :)

I think I should note that I grabbed two different random groups of vertices from Link to test, and they work fine. Only the group of vertices I tried above seems to not work. Eh?

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
that's a randoma error, I know that that error gives with the link's and diddy's hat, im working on it, and yeahm I'll find a way to edit another things

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
darn so i cant edit samus's missle? it is in her motionetc file :( is there a way to edit items?

can you edit trophies?

humble

Smash Ace
Alright I followed all the steps, got it to load in Anim8r properly, moved the vertices to where I wanted, saved it over the DDV.3ds, and dasdonkey successfully converted it back to an mdl0. However when I attempt to replace the characters model with my new edited one, I get this error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Pointer startIndex and length do not refer to a valid string.
Parameter name: ptr.

[Continue] [Quit]"

If I click continue, it errors and can't load anything from the model, no polygons, vertices, etc. If I quit, brawlbox quits.

._.

What do I do to get around this/get it to work properly? what am I doing wrong? I am using brawlbox v0.61 btw.

Edit: Alright, I downloaded the latest brawlbox, BBv0.63d, but it still has the same error. Can anyone help with this?

Edit edit: I tried other vertices, it still isn't working. ; n; halp.

Edit edit edit: Does it have anything to do with the mdl0 offset being negative, and dasdonkey turning it into a positive? how would I prevent that?

Edit edit edit: I need help... :urg:
10needhelps

Segab

Smash Rookie
that's a randoma error, I know that that error gives with the link's and diddy's hat, im working on it, and yeahm I'll find a way to edit another things
I just tried Pokemon Trainer's cap, it gives me that same error in anim8or.

All items are uneditable. i think u can do trophies. why noy give them a try?
No way to vertex hack items? Makes me sad :C

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Is Zelda able to work, Vertex editing wise? I exported her model as model.mdl0 and her vertex group, her face as vertex.ddf. I opened Vertex box and generated a 3ds file and edited it. I know I did so. I then put it back in Brawlbox and no changes occurred... Has anyone successfully changed something on her?

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
Is Zelda able to work, Vertex editing wise? I exported her model as model.mdl0 and her vertex group, her face as vertex.ddf. I opened Vertex box and generated a 3ds file and edited it. I know I did so. I then put it back in Brawlbox and no changes occurred... Has anyone successfully changed something on her?
if you are using zelda, pokemon trainer and another characters that change during game, you need to put the pac and psc on your SD, if you dont put the two files, when cange sheik to zelda, zelda will looks like normal

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
if you are using zelda, pokemon trainer and another characters that change during game, you need to put the pac and psc on your SD, if you dont put the two files, when cange sheik to zelda, zelda will looks like normal
heh, and I was just going to see if it would work in the game. But it does not even show up on Brawl box, so I did not test it in brawl. Plus I was using Blender for Zelda's vertex group editing.

The_1

Smash Rookie
Alright I need some help! I don't have any pictures so I'll try to be as detailed as possible.

I have done exactly what the this thread said to do: load Brawl box; Extract Model.mdl0, extract vertices data and rename it vertex.ddf. Run Vertex Box and click "Create 3ds file". It then produces a DDV.3ds file. Then I either change it in anim8tor (to edit in Blender) or just go edited the file in 3d max. Then I used Anim8tor to put the edited file back into the DDV.3ds file. I then run Vertex Box again and I click "Insert 3DS back on MDLO". I put in the offset number and it then produces a new model.mdl0 and and renames the original model file. I then replace char model.mdlo file with the new one. I get no error messages and I'm able to preview the Char Model like normal........everything seems to be perfect except for one BIG problem that I seem to be the only one experiencing.

Not only does the new model not show any changes I made, it seems to have added about 5 or so vertices on the vertex file I edited. These unkown vertices intersect perpendicular to eachother and stretch out without limit. With textures filling in these vertices, it creates infinitely long curtains that are in the middle of my character. VERY Strange.

So then I thought may be I did something wrong with either Blender or 3d max editing.. So I followed the instructions again but this time when I lmported to Blender or 3d max, I did not edited anything. I just exported as is; ran anim8tor; then ran Vertex Box ect. Loaded the model preview and BAM...same problem.

Ok, So I thought maybe it's 3d Max and blender all together. So I followed the instructions again but this time after Vertex Box creates the DDV.3ds file, I ran Vetex Box again and used that DDV.3ds file to be inserted into model.mdl0, which in theory should create the exact same model.mdl0 as the original. I loaded the Model preview with this test and BAM same problem, same stupid curtain planes that stretch on forever right in the middle of my char model.

Since Brawl box only has this problem when I load Model data that has been create from Vertex Box, then the logical conclussion is that the problem is with Vertex Box and/or my Computer.

If any body has any Ideas on this issue, please let me know!!!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
When I run the vertex.ddf through DasDonkey Box I get an EOFException... Should I be worried

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Alright I need some help! I don't have any pictures so I'll try to be as detailed as possible.

I have done exactly what the this thread said to do: load Brawl box; Extract Model.mdl0, extract vertices data and rename it vertex.ddf. Run Vertex Box and click "Create 3ds file". It then produces a DDV.3ds file. Then I either change it in anim8tor (to edit in Blender) or just go edited the file in 3d max. Then I used Anim8tor to put the edited file back into the DDV.3ds file. I then run Vertex Box again and I click "Insert 3DS back on MDLO". I put in the offset number and it then produces a new model.mdl0 and and renames the original model file. I then replace char model.mdlo file with the new one. I get no error messages and I'm able to preview the Char Model like normal........everything seems to be perfect except for one BIG problem that I seem to be the only one experiencing.

Not only does the new model not show any changes I made, it seems to have added about 5 or so vertices on the vertex file I edited. These unkown vertices intersect perpendicular to eachother and stretch out without limit. With textures filling in these vertices, it creates infinitely long curtains that are in the middle of my character. VERY Strange.

So then I thought may be I did something wrong with either Blender or 3d max editing.. So I followed the instructions again but this time when I lmported to Blender or 3d max, I did not edited anything. I just exported as is; ran anim8tor; then ran Vertex Box ect. Loaded the model preview and BAM...same problem.

Ok, So I thought maybe it's 3d Max and blender all together. So I followed the instructions again but this time after Vertex Box creates the DDV.3ds file, I ran Vetex Box again and used that DDV.3ds file to be inserted into model.mdl0, which in theory should create the exact same model.mdl0 as the original. I loaded the Model preview with this test and BAM same problem, same stupid curtain planes that stretch on forever right in the middle of my char model.

Since Brawl box only has this problem when I load Model data that has been create from Vertex Box, then the logical conclussion is that the problem is with Vertex Box and/or my Computer.

If any body has any Ideas on this issue, please let me know!!!
Don't use anim8or, just use the DDV file you save from 3DS max, I replied in your thread with more detail

Is there any way to apply a color plane to these vertices in 3Ds max so I can get a better picture of what I'm moving around?

n64billy

Smash Ace
Errm... anyway to get the 3DS files once they're exported out into Maya, and then back once done, so that I could work with them easier? Anim8or and 3DS Max have ugly UI's for me compared to Maya...

Top Bottom