• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DasDonkey Vertex Box v2.2 Released!!

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
maybe, I dont' use blender to edit, but maybe is how you exported or, maybe you don't re exported with anim8or, try re exporting the 3ds generated with blender with anim8or

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
maybe, I dont' use blender to edit, but maybe is how you exported or, maybe you don't re exported with anim8or, try re exporting the 3ds generated with blender with anim8or
No this doesn't work, I tried 100 different ways of exporting with Anim8or including following the tutorial step by step and I still got the same problem, the only solution I've found that works is to not use Anim8or, what is it supposed to do anyways?

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
No this doesn't work, I tried 100 different ways of exporting with Anim8or including following the tutorial step by step and I still got the same problem, the only solution I've found that works is to not use Anim8or, what is it supposed to do anyways?
but if i open the ddv file in blender without exporting it thru anim8or, nothing happens. there are no vertexes to move, or anything to delete for that matter.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
but if i open the ddv file in blender without exporting it thru anim8or, nothing happens. there are no vertexes to move, or anything to delete for that matter.
And if you do export from Anim8or then the vertex points show up?

Hmmm, I'm sorry I don't know then, it works for 3Ds max, I can't really help in any other way since I don't know what causes Anim8or to screw up the end result

n64billy

Smash Ace
Just thought I'd ask again...

Errm...[is there] anyway to get the 3DS [vertex] files once they're exported out into Maya [to edit], and then back [to Anim8or] once done [so that I can save it], so that I could work with them easier? Anim8or and 3DS Max have ugly UI's for me compared to Maya...

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
whyyyyyyyyyy when editing things, half of the head ends up on the ground .... i dont get it and it makes it increadibly hard to do things

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
nintendo things dude, that isnt fault of my program, and I never edited kirby before -.-

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
Ehhhhhm Akari, you know how to edit Link's sword, right?
3ds max just says "Improper file format" when I import the DDV file made from the "FitLink00_KenM__FitLink00_FitLink_Blade" file

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
there's 2 files of the link's blade, one is the blade and the other is just the triforce logo on it, just watch on brawlbox how many vertex have both, the file that have more vertex is the blade and can be opened with DDVB without problems

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
as you can see blender isn't compatible with DDVB, because that you get ther error.
I reques a lot of times for a blender 3ds but nobody send me one so, I leave the support for blender.
also I quit it the support for ani8or too, because everyone hates that app. you need 3ds max

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
as you can see blender isn't compatible with DDVB, because that you get ther error.
I reques a lot of times for a blender 3ds but nobody send me one so, I leave the support for blender.
also I quit it the support for ani8or too, because everyone hates that app. you need 3ds max
I must be the exception xD

It seems to me that anim8tor is more accurate with the values, while 3ds max gets decimals and the vertices you're not willing to move are moving a little because of this, causing trouble in characters such as peach.

If anyone wants DDVB to be working for blender, I suggest posting a 3ds file made with blender here so akari_un can see how's the file in order to make the app compatible with it xD

I have no requests because I have both anim8tor and 3Dmax, and both versions of DDVB xD

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
I'm having problems with zero suit samus, when I try to vertex her (in 3ds max 2011) I get something like michi's peach, I'm doing everything as in the tutorial and the video, any idea?

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
michis' peach? what is that? I never use 3ds max 2011 (I still with 8 ) so be more specific

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
michis' peach? what is that? I never use 3ds max 2011 (I still with 8 ) so be more specific
With Michi's peach I meant this:
I tried to make vertex hacks with this tutorial here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zZUss7H5Ck

i did it 3-4 times, also with different characters, but it looks always like this picture:
http://img175.imageshack.us/i/peachfail.jpg/

what´s my failure?
And I'm using all the tools on the OP, the only thing is different is the 3DS Max, which is 2011.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Hello, Akari_un. I have blender and would like to know how to help make blender able to work with DDVB. Would you want a 3DS file made by it? For ex, Make the 3DS file via DDVB, open in animator, export as obj. open that in blender and export as 3DS? If that is not what you would like, please tell what you would.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Yea, Maya support, and perhaps making them export as actual faces would be great. I know how to use maya pretty well, and the fact that the 3ds files exported dont work with maya saddens me.

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
Akari_Un, I solved my problem:
Code:
5. Export the edited file to replace the previous one ([B]If you use 3DS Max, export the file, then open it with Anim8or and export it again with this program[/B]; in future versions there will be no need for this).
I just exported directly from 3DS max and everything went fine.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
That's because the version we can download now is no longer needing/compatible with anim8tor. The OP should be edited I guess ^^U

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Thank God I'm still using the older version. :) In my experience with vertexing, anim8or just seems a lot easier to navigate through and use. I do have 3ds max 2010 at my disposal, but it's just not worth the time it takes to start up and use.

Thank you for creating this wonderful tool, Akari_un!

By the way, here's a hint at something I'm vertexing: "katamari"

:V

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Good so you do all know about that new method. What's cool is that all the texures show themselves when they are in the same directory as the .daes.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
IDK. I'm using 3DS max 9 and I'm trying to follow mk64n's video and I'm done editing and patched the model.
I'm trying to figure out how to imitate what he did in that part of the video. In other words, I'm stuck at
5:40.

Edit: I think I see the problem and I have to start over. Thankfully the edit isn't drastic.

Edit 2:???? I don't why I got that import error but closing and reopening everything seems to have solved it.

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
shhh that's a secret.
also ihaven't blender and i dont want to install it on my pc, but that's no longer necesary from now, for this version there' no support anymore

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Good so you do all know about that new method. What's cool is that all the texures show themselves when they are in the same directory as the .daes.
Are you saying you can have textures on the model parts your editing while in 3Ds max? That would make things 10x easier, you'd actually be able to tell what your moving -_-

Michi

Smash Apprentice
now i have 3ds max 2008
but when i put the .obj file into it, nothing happens!!?

edit: works ;)

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It seems that I can't edit Stage builder parts with this method.
I tried to open the 3DS in 3DSMax that DDVB spat out from the vertex.ddf file and I get a "improper file format"error.

This is depressing....

Edit: Looks like I still have to use anim8tor for stage parts.

Nope. It just won't work.

Top Bottom