• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
its not wrong if his interest is genuinly to do better in tourny

if its to have fun then let him pick whoever he wants

its all depending on what he wants his goals to be

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

I'll figure this out on my own since I'm the only one who can (for myself I mean) I won't ask you anything else.

This game...*sighs*

:phone:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
u guys see the new cartoon network smash game? its out already, i love how smash is now an official genre of fighting game

cant wait to get it and try it out, looks soooooo baller

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
yeah, saw it in target last night, THEN researched it

gona see if the blockbuster by me is still open and rent it wen i get out of work, i'll report in wen i can

at the very least, it looks ****in fun

tho i havn't seen a block option in any vids yet rofl

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
come to think of it, I never did finish that series...

I stopped watching when it stopped coming on CN. Right near the end of the Sensui arc. I never did see what happened at the end of that...

allshort17

Smash Ace
You're just now discovering the amazing-ness of that anime???

*explodes*

Finish the series.

NOW.

:yeahboi:

Well, I watched the show when I was younger. However, I didn't grasp the greatness of the show.

Also, you really think I should finish this? I'm at the dark tournament now and my plan was to finish that and move on to the show I really wanted to watch, Rurouni Kenshin. What do you guys think would be better?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
theyre both amazing.

finish the one you are on completely before you move to the next.

but on that topic. as far as my knowledge serves me, the kenshin anime ended far earlier than the manga did story wise (a massive pet peeve for me).

The last thing I remember from that series was the fight with Shishio (GD it was epic...) but Im pretty sure thats only like half way through the story that the manga goes through.

C.J.

Smash Master
^^^^^
Finish YYH first. Read the manga for Kenshin. Kenshin ends after a fight and you don't see anything about his actual life that goes on after that. Despite what the arrogant pricks say, most animes you can watch in place of the manga with fairly good results/pleasure. Kenshin is not one of these.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
So the anime did actually end?

Cus some anime they just stop showing on tv half way through the actual series.

But other anime (Berserk and Air Gear are big offenders and are the reason its such a huge pet peeve of mine) just lose funding or whatever and the rest of the manga series doesnt even get animated...

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I've been meaning to give Yu Yu Hakusho a go one day.

Also, confirming we don't have in-depth frame data? I have a friend looking into Dedede frame data right now and I don't want his efforts to go to waste.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
We looked at that but he was intending to make it more accurate (fsmash is not frame 8), detailed (we're badly missing stuff like frame advantages) and most likely easier to read.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So the anime did actually end?

Cus some anime they just stop showing on tv half way through the actual series.

But other anime (Berserk and Air Gear are big offenders and are the reason its such a huge pet peeve of mine) just lose funding or whatever and the rest of the manga series doesnt even get animated...
YYH actually has an ending. A weird one but I like it.

Also, I find this funny...I tend to just stumble across conversations about me on this site. I don't even name search and I just pop up at the right place. Its hilarious. I don't really care enough to name search though. Who cares what people say? lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
That question was refering to Kenshin.

Also, I would love to name search but KID is too short and Goggles would make me pop up in random convos that have nothing to do with me.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I have random threads pop up in my namesearch every now and then.

Occasionally the socials of random regions lol.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I'm just wondering, but does anybody got some tips on how to play the Sonic matchup. It seems pretty hard and annoying trying to catch him.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The moment you lose the lead it becomes horrifyingly terrible and frustrating.

Learn to shield grab spin dash approaches. You CAN shield grab them, it just takes practice.

BAir beats out Peach's BAir which beats out Sonic's BAir etc... basically BAir stuffs all his aerial approaches.

Don't throw waddles ever when Sonic is grounded. EVER. Unless it's like... Actually no, even then don't.

Inhale is a good mixup to beat his approaches, and can help you trade places with him near the edge.

DON'T LOSE THE LEAD!

Doc King

Smash Lord
The moment you lose the lead it becomes horrifyingly terrible and frustrating.

Learn to shield grab spin dash approaches. You CAN shield grab them, it just takes practice.

BAir beats out Peach's BAir which beats out Sonic's BAir etc... basically BAir stuffs all his aerial approaches.

Don't throw waddles ever when Sonic is grounded. EVER. Unless it's like... Actually no, even then don't.

Inhale is a good mixup to beat his approaches, and can help you trade places with him near the edge.

DON'T LOSE THE LEAD!
I've never heard of shield grabbing Sonic's spin dashes before. I'll try that then. Thanks for the tips.

Also, how do you do that d throw to up smash on Sonic?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Bair

Start up - 1-5
Hitbox Active - 6-25
IASA - 33
Frame Disadvantage:
OoS/Perfect Shield -23

That hitbox is active so loooong.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
lol haven't been on here awhile but the last few couple of pages were pretty damn silly.

o and co, I see that avy. drakes new album is ****ing amazing. Much better than carter4 imo.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I know right? That's the first album I've bought since like middle school nd im in college now lol. Although I did buy it mostly just to support it, not really for the physical cd itself (ended up torrenting it since I didn't want to open the cd and some reason The Motto wasn't on the actual cd. Although I did open it for the ymcmb shirt inside, that was pretty tight. :)

∫unk

Smash Master
junk do you get on AiB??
Yeah add me http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Jun.ai

I shall soon be the PS God. I have Junk to thank for this.
^^ but I'm stlll going to be the king of the ground game / powershields :p

blah blah blah use :wario:!
I agree which is why I said I'm going to secondary Wario but then I found in today's metagame it wasn't necessary... in fact, for every metagame except a national tournament (like apex) I think DDD is viable and that's why I solo main him.

The thing is you have to split your practice time, and you still have to practice DDD's hard matchups. You have to cover the opponent's possible secondaries otherwise your CP is only useful for your CP and maybe against opponents who mains a counter to DDD (assuming they don't have a secondary to counter your counter).

If they have a secondary, then your secondary Wario has no advantage (probably slight disadvantage) fighting an equally matched secondary MK (most common example). So now you're still having to learn DDD's hard matchups, having to learn a completely new char for your cps, having to learn the hard matchups of the secondary for his cp... in the end for me it wasn't worth it.

Counterpicks are nice when 2 people are similarly skilled in a matchup (and it heavily favors one side) but most of the time that's not the case. Even among good players there's a huge degree of variety in how much one knows a specific matchup.

If the game was deeper and the matchup knowledge was better there might be a need for a secondary. Either way I think you can be successful.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
what about DDD/ tink?
loool i just randomly chose tink yesterday this ***** is TOO fun!!

Xubble

Smash Ace
I like TLink. He's my obscure for-the-fun secondary.

I've been working with Kirby lately. He's actually hella fun. :kirbybrawl:

Top Bottom