• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'd imagine Dedede's bair still beats Ike solidly. He can chuck out three times the amount of bair's than Ike can fair's.

Of course, this is all in the magical land of theorycraftworld since I don't even use Dedede or Ike.

Coney

Smash Master
i really have to stop playing brawl

watching that seibrik/ryo set actually made me angry

i don't know what it is but fighting ike is so goddamn irritating. it's like running into a brick wall over and over, and then sometimes you get behind the brick wall but get hit anyway, and the brick wall can actually kill you easier than you can kill it

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
lol i disagree with the part of it being harder to kill them. Sure there moves are easier to kill with, but making them land is harder than for us to rack up damage and kill.

Playing ike is like playing the snake mu more or less depending who you ask in difficulty (note: not actually referring to the actual playstyle , ehh somewhat somewhat i guess).

and why would u stop playing brawl after watching that vid lol, there were numerous things he could've done <_<"

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
My god I hate Ike. For any character.
(haven't posted here in a while)

I wouldn't compare this to the snake.
Ike is much more frustrating than the bearded wonder

:phone:

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
How many snakes have/do you play against?

Because a friend of mine mains him and another seconds him and even after months and months of battling Snake, he's STILL a pain in the ***.

**** Snake

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I meant more like the snake MU when you play a top snake. I don't play snake very frequently. The last snake I played was HrNut like a month ago in friendlies though. I meant its similar in the fact that if you understand the MU completely, you should have the slight edge in the MU. If you don't however, they have a couple of gimmicky things that can make strong comebacks and random gimps and such.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
You know...I realize something.

In EVERY game I have played minus Tekken I always end up playing/maining characters that I absolutely hate.

Melee - Started off as :falcon: ...ended with :sheik: I thought she was just incredibly gay.

Brawl - Started off as :snake:.....ended with :dedede: I just to HATE D3 in 2009 because I was a Snake main. Then one day I just picked him up on a whim.

SSF4 - Started off as a Ryu *****. Moved over to Akuma. Hated Akuma since the old days.

WoW - Started off as a Druid...fell in love with the Hunter class ( I dont play anymore.)

In Tekken...it was different. I haved played King since the first Tekken came out in like '95 or so. Has been my favorite character in the series ever since <3 That never changed and I don't it will.

But like.. there are only two characters in this game that I despise with a passion.

:metaknight: and :olimar:

MAYBE I should secondary Oli lmao. MK is getting banned so its whatever. But ...what if my whole "I hate you, oh wait no. I love you" approach works for Brawl too LOL.

Doc King

Smash Lord
lol i disagree with the part of it being harder to kill them. Sure there moves are easier to kill with, but making them land is harder than for us to rack up damage and kill.

Playing ike is like playing the snake mu more or less depending who you ask in difficulty (note: not actually referring to the actual playstyle , ehh somewhat somewhat i guess).

and why would u stop playing brawl after watching that vid lol, there were numerous things he could've done <_<"
D3 should've counterpicked Ike to Halberd. D3 has a lock on the second part on the edges and there's so much air that D3 can abuse.

ZTD | TECHnology

I don't see that being a good idea for the following reasons:

Large platform that Ike can abuse to zone out Dedede.

Ike already kills really early....Up-Air, Up-Tilt would kill insanely early here on us. And Ike's Up-Smash has solid killing power as well. Toss in a low ceiling and it makes it worse. This stage makes recovering against a character with strong vertical KO power REALLY risky. Considering Ike's options it just seems like a bad idea. And this stage doesn't really facilitate getting in on Ike.

And Up-Tilt is pretty hard to land on Ike. When is he EVER going to put himself in a situation where he will get hit by that move?

Doc King

Smash Lord
That does make sense.

The only things I can see are RC and Brinstar at the moment as good cps.

ZTD | TECHnology

I dunno why people think Ike is bad on Brinstar. I've seen some **** in my day. I would never take an Ike there. RC ...its not good either.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Ike's Fsmash on the right side covers every option other than ledge drop (it out-lasts ledge invincibility/rolls/etc.) and hit him with Uair so that you don't trade.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Cant ike infinite ddd on the boat?

P.s. that^^ is far easier to set up and land than some random spacing dependant infinite on the one section of halberd.

I swear doc, if you seriously spend all of your time, energy and counterpick options trying to set up little niche stuff like that you going to get absolutely man handled by good players that are smart enough to avoid the one thing that youre centering your entire gameplan around

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
yeah ike can infinite. Im not sure on the boat but ive had it happened at the wall right before the boat reappears so i assume the boat works just as well? Like i remember picking that stage just for the infinite as the stage moves but for w/e reason that **** wouldn't worked for me when the time came. The stage itself is a gamble for the most part and i personally wouln't recommend it.

ZTD | TECHnology

yeah ike can infinite. Im not sure on the boat but ive had it happened at the wall right before the boat reappears so i assume the boat works just as well? Like i remember picking that stage just for the infinite as the stage moves but for w/e reason that **** wouldn't worked for me when the time came. The stage itself is a gamble for the most part and i personally wouln't recommend it.

I'm never been a fan of the stage to begin with as D3.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Wow I am really unknowledable about the Ike matchup. I forgot he can do that f throw lock on walls.

I tried to figure out a good way to DI Ike's aether. The first hit can be DIed completely when you DI away from him.

His jab looks easily DIable when you DI upward, you can jump away from his other jab hits.

C.J.

Smash Master
The "wall" on the boat of RC is too short for Ike to infinite. I've always been able to get out when I've had an Ike do it to me (no, he's not just bad at it- he can do it against most walls).

You can *technically* SDI Ike's jabs. However, no matter how you SDI them, he always has a guaranteed follow-up on them. SDI away? grab/dash attack/ftilt. Up? Utilt/up angled ftilt. Behind Ike? Turn around keep jabbing.

Ike's jab is dumb.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I SDI behind Ike's jabs all the time. They don't always react to it since it's so fast and behind them is where they least expect you.

If you SDI behind them the whole match though...

Exdeath

Smash Master
I SDI behind Ike's jabs all the time. They don't always react to it since it's so fast and behind them is where they least expect you.

If you SDI behind them the whole match though...
You're very fortunate if you can get this to work more than once per game against a good Ike.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ive tried that against san, aero.

The closer you are to ike, the more hes going to jab you. DIing into him to try and get behind him will just have him turn around and jab you more.

Its always best to DI up and away from jabs, but ddd is so fat and falls so fast, that he cant get very far away even if you DI it properly.

I main sonic, and even for me its stupidly hard to DI out and spring before i eat at least 3-4 jabs.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yea man, back in the day when san first got good and winning things, everyone in the region was just like 'psh whatever, its just ike, ill just play ddd/falco/olimar/mk.' I tried playing just about every character i use (more than a dozen) against him over the years ive been playing with him.

Eventually I just learned that when you play someone like san, no amount of character gimmicks is going to replace expertise with your main when it comes to not being able to beat him. Especially when hes better with his better gimmicks than you. These days, i havent actually played him in tournament in like over a year, but when I play him, I just go straight sonic.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
So I played a pretty good Ike today. And I gotta say.

Ike is gay. Like he's easy if you really play attention and try. But if you get lazy he ***** you cause you're not fully focusing.

Meh. And his fair beats f tilt and stuff. :/

ZTD | TECHnology

Yooooo so Zekey and I MIGHT be teaming for Apex. Depends on this guy. I just think it would be so sexy if we did lol

Until then, my search continues.

ZTD | TECHnology

I hate the Ike MU personally.

I go Lucario.
I don't understand why you would play a character that relies on living to high percents against a character that basically says "Mutha****a, I'm Ike I fight for my friends and kill *****es by breathing on them"...lol

No like seriously, you have some of the weirdest character MU choices I have ever seen. I think you'd perform much better in tournament if you applied what you know towards like 1 or 2 secondaries and picked your CP MUs better rather than play like 5 or 6 that either go "even" or don't actually give you a better MU than D3 has.

Top Bottom