• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Doc King

Smash Lord
Pretty good drawing. Just curious, but did you hand draw it or did you draw it on the computer?

Doc King

Smash Lord
It would be cool if we had that for a decoration of the D3 boards or something or one of the special guide forums on here.

Coney

Smash Master
hi guys

got 5th today...doesn't sound all that great but i beat neo, junebug and will and lost to dabuz and vinnie. olimar is hard and i've completely forgotten how to play ICs, lmfao

really proud of how i did tho, especially for not playing...beating neo was pretty big because he took out some huge people (lie, logic, ****ing dabuz)

btw here's a video of me getting ****ed up by a charizard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjF9HiHlPD8

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
yea **** you zak, i got ***** i hate marth vs d3 :mad:

-stamps coney with the 'MK Only' sticker-

Coney

Smash Master
lmfao @ *****, you just haven't practiced the matchup in a while, otherwise you would've known i would've gone for that ezpz stage spike that killed you at like 30%

that **** is my unreleased greatest hit, i did it to dabuz too, **** is GREAT

just glad you ***** those olimars tho, **** that character

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
hi guys

got 5th today...doesn't sound all that great but i beat neo, junebug and will and lost to dabuz and vinnie. olimar is hard and i've completely forgotten how to play ICs, lmfao

really proud of how i did tho, especially for not playing...beating neo was pretty big because he took out some huge people (lie, logic, ****ing dabuz)

btw here's a video of me getting ****ed up by a charizard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjF9HiHlPD8
Great stuff Coney! Marth is pretty annoying even if we do win and beating Neo is legit. Good luck vs his MK next time though..lmao.

And LOL at that video.

I told you all...The Zard is no joke. :bee:

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I went to the same tourney, as a matter of fact. Though my placing isn't of much importance. :p

Beat Killanator first round, got M2K second round, played some kid in losers, and then lost to Kirinblaze's Link (I SD'd last game, but no johns)

I really have a lot of matchups I still need to learn, because silly things seem to be what's getting me killed. I had a lot of fun at this tourney though, so it's all good.

Back to the drawing board. :)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Question.

How good a secondary is Pikachu? I'm strongly considering completely dropping Lucario for Pikachu, since Pika helps tons with my two worst personal MUs, Falco and ZSS, and going even with MK is nice.

ZTD | TECHnology

I went to the same tourney, as a matter of fact. Though my placing isn't of much importance. :p

Beat Killanator first round, got M2K second round, played some kid in losers, and then lost to Kirinblaze's Link (I SD'd last game, but no johns)

I really have a lot of matchups I still need to learn, because silly things seem to be what's getting me killed. I had a lot of fun at this tourney though, so it's all good.

Back to the drawing board. :)
Congrats on beating Killanator though. The last time I checked, he was ranked 10th in North Carolina ( I check these things..lol) so good stuff! And you got the M2K **** too! lol Its happened to me before as well. And Kirin went Link on you? o_0

Question.

How good a secondary is Pikachu? I'm strongly considering completely dropping Lucario for Pikachu, since Pika helps tons with my two worst personal MUs, Falco and ZSS, and going even with MK is nice.
Pikachu is good for the most part. He does lose to Oli though but covers almost everything else. But he's really hard to learn. I mean like a basic pocket Pikachu can cover most Falcos, Foxes, Wolves and Sheiks because of how **** that MU is. But like in order for you to beat any good MKs and other stuff its going to take a lot of work and commitment. Which means you'll have to stop bouncing around from secondaries if you want him to actually do something.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh I know. I've actually been trying to find a good secondary for a while. Lately it's been down to Pika, Lucario, or Zamus, but Zamus doesn't really cover a lot of MUs, and Lucario covers like... Icies, Pika, and Falco and that's basically it.

Not to mention Zamus also gets ***** by Falco, and mean people like timing out my Lucario.

ZTD | TECHnology

I think the ZSS/Falco MU has evolved since she allegedly "got *****" by him. I would say its closer to -1 than a -2 now but its feasible either way.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Congrats on beating Killanator though. The last time I checked, he was ranked 10th in North Carolina ( I check these things..lol) so good stuff! And you got the M2K **** too! lol Its happened to me before as well. And Kirin went Link on you? o_0
Yeah. It was either Link, or Mario, and at least forcing Dedede to approach is SOMETHING. Link is also not free if they're good (which Kirin is)

And I wrote an essay on the Yoshi matchup for a reason. :p

ZTD | TECHnology

Yo any of you have any experience teaming with a good Marth (looks at the SoCal penguins)? Any and all relevant experiences/advice would be helpful :)

Coney

Smash Master
i'm not sure where to post this but most of you guys know way more about the game than me so, please look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuo7cbRaVqk#t=4m13s

ignore the accidental pivot inhale; i get caught by nado and somehow footstool out of the last hit of nado out of nowhere and avoid the terrible setup. i have no idea how i did it.

is this common? i can't recall ever seeing it before and i'd like to replicate it, obviously

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'd assume Tornado doesn't have enough hitstun, allowing you to footstool out. That and the fact MK was moving down, you might have missed the hitbox all together though that's more unlikely than the first one since Dedede is big.

:phone:

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Yo any of you have any experience teaming with a good Marth (looks at the SoCal penguins)? Any and all relevant experiences/advice would be helpful :)
All of our throws can be comboed into Marth stuff from the initial hit, before they can DI a certain way. Dthrow to spaced tipper is gay.
Dthrow to upsmash is gay.
Dthrow over ledge to spike is GAY.
Save them from sds with nair
Ummmm.........
I think they can throw into our upsmash.....
That's all I got.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
The only time i've really seen something like that was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyxiHHV8M4w&feature=related at like 4:16 and even then its not quite the same thing as ddd in ur case looks to be stuck due to his size.

After re looking at it, im guessing you just DI'd up and into the center of the nado and got lucky i guess as he was nadoing rather low towards the end and the last hitbox didnt hit you and you were able to footstool it. I'm not really sure if could really replicate that reliably although I would love to be told that you'd be able to.

Sry this doesnt really help too much, thats all i got.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Tight, 4GOD is pretty good. He kinda lacks reading and mindgaming his opponents sometimes when he could have, and he like always tries to u tilt. I like it. :3

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Full hop dair on shield and shield break to be extra fancy.

D throw -> f smash -> u tilt is super easy and does 30%.
Marths throws are pretty easy to follow with an aerial.

Your main plan should be 1122 and you guys holding more of the stage than them. Either can lead, but if ddd leads just make sure you got a good shield cause nado is gay.

ZTD | TECHnology

Thank you for the advice guys. Seems like with some good synergy this could be a pretty successful team. I really like the combo potential here. And with Cruise, Brinstar and PS2 banned here MK will have less power over us. And for some reason and I am ridiculous at holding it down vs double MK in doubles. Like....in MI...thats all I ever play is double MK. I actually fear two MKs in doubles LESS than one MK in singles. I know that makes no sense.

Hmm....

I really should just use my philosophy toward doubles with singles. I don't even worry about MUs and stuff like that in those scenarios because Im just having fun/have more confidence in doubles lol

Coney

Smash Master
I actually fear two MKs in doubles LESS than one MK in singles. I know that makes no sense.
double MK is a lot easier because there's no complement. at the tippy-top level it's broken (see M2K and anti) but at anything else it's just two really easily-killed characters, two partners with little synergy hoping to succeed just by using him.

teams with one mk on them are irritating because you usually have an easily exploited/juggle-able/powerhouse character alongside him who you can rack up damage on quickly, and MK can just continually save him with nado. if its double MK though, you're racking up damage in short spurts and his partner can't save him from impending damage.

think of it this way: would you be satisfied with just a bthrow on snake? no, right? but you'd be hella satisfied with just a bthrow on MK, because you know it means more to his stock. against snake you HAVE to take the bthrow because you can't cg him reliably without MK showing up and ****ing it up.

just how i see it

Doc King

Smash Lord

Xubble

Smash Ace
Instead of taking the 3 minutes to make a YouTube account, you want someone to download these rather large video files, get on their YouTube account, and do it for you?

You(r findings) are not worth my time.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I was kinda hoping they'd upload the replay file so I could just pop it in brawl and play it from there instead of getting a gigantic video file.

Nonetheless I will check it out.

Eventually.

allshort17

Smash Ace
Wow, we can be really mean to Doc King sometimes...

Anyhow, does anyone know if on PS2 if you Dthrow on the air phase, does the floating effect create more or a frame advantage?

Top Bottom