• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Does it work on battlefield. I hope this means we can play battlefield first game now. I have some jank bs for you too on that stage.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Big name D3s in attendance include me, Zekey and Coney (?). Xubble may show up as well and Kaptain.

Is 4GOD going to this? I must meet this kid.

Also guys...

I recently discovered a technique that pretty much claims a stock when done correctly. The only people who can survive it are people with good recoveries and even so unless you're Metaknight you're still in a really gay spot. I tested it yesterday against my friend's Snake....LMAO. He died from it. He had to pause and stop the game and ask what happened to him because it happened so fast....lol Its stage specific but sooooooo **** when it works :)

If you guys have interest.....I'll make a thread. :awesome:

I looked at the archives and found nothing on this. I wouldnt be surprised if Beefy found this before me though.
will money match any of these D3s for any amount of money, preferably $10 or more cuz the MU is free.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Does it work on battlefield. I hope this means we can play battlefield first game now. I have some jank bs for you too on that stage.

It works on 2 neutrals but BF isn't one of them sadly. I'm going to wrap up my research soon and make a thread. I need to record this though so I have video footage. Still testing to see if this works on any more stages.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I would like to see this new thing TC discovered.

Also the Dedede shuffle gets Dedede across FD in 30 frames. His run moves him a quarter of the FD in 40 frames. /randomfacts

:phone:

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I like BF because it's pretty much the only place I get rewarded when I use auto-canceled dairs...Still, fighting on it is mucho not fun

ESPECIALLY AGAINST ****ING SNAKE I WILL ALWAYS BAN THIS STAGE AGAINST SNAKE NO MATTER WHAT

But I'm garbage so yeah.

ZTD | TECHnology

Just don't get grabbed on the right edge of BF. Its a spike so spam jump/UpB if you do.
Oh, I may be familiar with the gay.

If so, we are not talking about the same thing then fortunately. I only say fortunately because more options = more gay. My discovery abuses a very specific mechanic of the game...(that's the leading theory) but its useful because of the stages that harbor this mechanic are commonly played stages. I probably won't get the chance to release details until after this weekend but...it'll be helpful.

Zekey tell me what this gay is. It may be the same thing I'm speaking of. In which I would not be surprised only because it seems like something someone would discover. Hmm after reading Aero's post maybe we're talking about the same thing.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The gay (I assume) is a dthrow stage spike that Zelda and Sonic and certain other characters(?) have on Dedede, Lucario, Falco and Ganon.

Basically the characters during the dthrow animation touch the side of the stage and get hauled off at a very low angle.

Exdeath

Smash Master
This is probably already known, but I figured that it doesn't hurt to post it. If Diddy tries to Up-B beneath DDD, FFDair into him and it will semi-spike him to death at pretty much any percent. If he isn't falling quickly enough then you can time a free foot stool toward the end of his hit stun to finish him.

Requirements:

- Diddy has to launch his Up-B. If not, you'll either FFDair to death and probably suicide with him or if you didn't FF the Dair then you'll probably hit him upward (still a good thing).

- Diddy obviously has to pass through the hit box.

- DDD shouldn't hit during his invincibility if he uses a FFDair, or else he'll die (see the first requirement).

If you do it right, you should semi-spike Diddy and receive some damage and very slight knock back that shouldn't ever kill you. It operates similarly to Meta Knight punishing Snake's Up-B with Up-B.

I have a few other tricks and traps vs. Diddy that I've found, but I forgot them at this moment haha.

ZTD | TECHnology

The gay (I assume) is a dthrow stage spike that Zelda and Sonic and certain other characters(?) have on Dedede, Lucario, Falco and Ganon.

Basically the characters during the dthrow animation touch the side of the stage and get hauled off at a very low angle.

I am familiar with that!

That is not the gay I am talking about though. So I am happy because that means I may have discovered something new for us!

/geeked

I am reserving the right to call this AT: "The Gay"

Doc King

Smash Lord
I just found some new stuff that could be helpful towards our metagame.

We can d throw to a turn around bair on Charizard.

We can air release Squirtle into a dash attack when he has his rco lag.

We can probably air release him into other things (Not just rco lag stuff) like stand grab, dash grab, shielded d tilt, a little walk to a f tilt, and probably some other stuff. I should get Aerodrome to see if he can test some stuff on this. Also note that you have to dash grab Squirtle to force him into an air release.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
ReflexWonder?

His PT is amazing. D:<

Okay, but OTHER than him, there's no PT players.

There's like, one here in Australia called Toby, but I don't even think he plays Brawl anymore. lul

Doc King

Smash Lord
allshort17, you can use this stuff to beat reflex. Also Charizard has a downward slope infinite. Doesn't look like much, but it could help. I'm thinking that the Squirtle stuff can help us get him off of the stage much better and him offstage is crucial because of his crap recovery and his rco lag.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

ZTD | TECHnology

On the bus to Pittsburgh to go to /HOPE4 with Ally. We shall be teaming. Wish me luck guys.

I'll be recording matches as well. Need to see how I do against Logic, Seagull and folks.

ZTD | TECHnology

Let us know how it goes.
Tournament report:

Doubles:

We took 2nd place. We lost to Boss and Logic in Game 5 in Winner's Finals. Then we beat Seagull and Toronto Joe 3-1. Then in Grand Finals we beat Boss and Logic in the first set...Game 5. Then in another super close set we lost Game 5. 15 games on:olimar: / :luigi2: ...lol.

Singles:

I took 9th out of 32. I won my first round match...and then lost to Seagull next round.

1st game was :warioc: vs :metaknight: on FD, last hit, last stock.

2nd game was :dedede: vs :falco: on Frigate, last stockc mid percents.

I then beat two more people..and then had to play Logic because he took an unexpected loss to Toronto Joe in Winner's Round 3.

1st game was :dedede: vs :olimar:.....NEVER AGAIN. I got two stocked because I SD'ed. It was on Lylat. Like wtf how does Coney do this???

2nd game was :warioc: vs :metaknight: on FD, last hit, last stock. Almost went to time lol.

Fun tournament though, I learned a lot. It's nice I can at least kind of compete with ranked East Coast players. The bad part about playing those two MD/VA players is because none of my typical DDD bull**** worked on either of them because they're so used to playing Coney. Logic ***** my bad habits lol Seagull just outgayed me 2nd game..lol

ZTD | TECHnology

cant get first with ally?

now i know you free
Yoooo MK was banned so Ally had to use like 5 differrent characters while I just stock tanked and grabbed people with D3 lol. It was hilarious...I just kept avoiding Logic because Olimar is gay as hell And everytime Elliot tried a new character it worked for like..one game and then we'd lose for it next game lol. By the time, the last game came up we were out of ideas lol He didn't want to use Snake at all.

Doc King

Smash Lord
We should talk about the Oli matchup more. It seems like our best option against him is like edge guarding and sending him off the air where he is weaker than us (Which it's pretty hard to do because of Oli having great range with a small hurtbox). Ally should've went Snake. Snake and D3 is a good team combination. Who did Ally go in the Grand Finals?

ZTD | TECHnology

So, do you think the PR will change because of your recent performance TC?
No. I mean what happened here is the story of my life: Only lost to top players who placed in the money....didn't beat anyone worth mentioning.Its a little frustrating when I have people telling me I'm an overall good-ish player and my results don't reflect that. I guess I just have to get really good now. It's the only way to get the full respect I want from several of the other people in MI. I just feel like I'm worrying too much about what they're saying.

@Doc: He used Snake a few games but every time he did it was a big risk. Both D3 and Snake get bodied by Olimar. Its ********. He used Marth, Falco and Diddy as well. They helped...but MK would have been nice here lol. Oh well MK banned doubles is still fun and I learned sooooooo much from playing with Ally. :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
N

@Doc: He used Snake a few games but every time he did it was a big risk. Both D3 and Snake get bodied by Olimar. Its ********. He used Marth, Falco and Diddy as well. They helped...but MK would have been nice here lol. Oh well MK banned doubles is still fun and I learned sooooooo much from playing with Ally. :)
Im sorry, was your ride not free enough?

Doc King

Smash Lord
No. I mean what happened here is the story of my life: Only lost to top players who placed in the money....didn't beat anyone worth mentioning.Its a little frustrating when I have people telling me I'm an overall good-ish player and my results don't reflect that. I guess I just have to get really good now. It's the only way to get the full respect I want from several of the other people in MI. I just feel like I'm worrying too much about what they're saying.

I see what you mean by D3 and Snake getting bodied by Oli. Oli seems to do very well against a lot of characters. However, Falco does pretty good against Oli and DK without a lgl. :awesome:

One thing imo that makes Oli so good is him being a small hurtbox while having great range. Making him very hard to approach.

2nd place in doubles is pretty good TC. Good job.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Tech Chase Im ranked on my state PR but my results dont reflect my skill. but for some reason im still ranked number 6. its like people literally are like "oh yeah he's the best DDD in state, but he's still placing bad, but we still know he's good."

i think this kind of thing happens to alot of DDD's. its just our character. solo ddd maining is ****ign wierd man this character is kinda ****ed in the head if you ask me.

its weird i should be like number ten or something based on results but whatever. i think people are just impressed that i have a DDD that is semi aggro/ creative. oh yeah i have videos now EVERYONE WATCH THIS AND CRITIQUEEEEEEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVvDouT9Yr8

i kind of gave up though, i was rlly tired and it was late but yeah this is my DDD i dont think anyone has really seen my d3 on here. keep in mind my d3 is only about two months old though.

Top Bottom