• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Need a replacement for Newbie 13. Please contact me if you are interested or know of anyone who would be interested in playing in a newbie game that is on-going in D2. Thanks in advanced.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Guys. I want to buy an n64 expansion pak since I'm pretty sure I left it at my friend's house 435893 years ago, but he always denied it.

Where would be the best place to buy one? Like, ebay or what?
I'm pretty sure I found one for about $5, but shipping was also about that price so it like doubled the price :|

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Debating pros|cons of making a mafia setup based on following roles: dayvig, n0 cop, one-shot watcher.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
More like n0 Vig and Day Cop imo ;)
OH LAWDY. :troll:

Malpractice Doctor: You may save a target once on first visit for that night phase.
A second visit to the same target will result in the target dying.
Should that second part in the role pm or not? :troll:

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Question: Has anyone here played Golden Sun for the GBA? Is it a good game, would you recommend it? I bought it a year or two ago for a bargain... started playing it for a little bit, got bored and it's been sitting on the shelves ever since.

BUT on one of my adventures through Gamefaqs, I saw that the team who made Golden Sun (camelot) were responsible for Shining Force (nostalgia omnomnom... *drool*). And I feel like I should give it a second chance because of this. Whaddya think Dgames?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's a great game, but Radiant Historia (DS) is the best RPG I've seen to come out in recent years and I'm only a few hours in.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Question: Has anyone here played Golden Sun for the GBA? Is it a good game, would you recommend it? I bought it a year or two ago for a bargain... started playing it for a little bit, got bored and it's been sitting on the shelves ever since.

BUT on one of my adventures through Gamefaqs, I saw that the team who made Golden Sun (camelot) were responsible for Shining Force (nostalgia omnomnom... *drool*). And I feel like I should give it a second chance because of this. Whaddya think Dgames?
I was at my aunt's house for the weekend and it was kind of in the countryside. My uncle lent it to me and I played it non-stop. Ended up beating it before I went back home. Golden Sun was a good game when I played it at the time. I don't know if I would still like it now. It's definitely regarded as one of the top RPG Game-boy games. I remembered playing a bit of Shining Force when I was young. I was around five. Good times. Oh story line wise I wasn't an avid fan of Golden Sun. But I'm a huge snob when it comes to quality of RPG stories to the extent that I'm discontent most of the time.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I really liked golden sun, and golden sun 2 is one of the best GBA games imo - plot is a bit disjointed because there is so much travelling, but all up they're good games.

Dark Dawn (the 'sequel') is a game by itself, but I think it's pretty lackluster...

Your critical value is too low, region of rejection needs to be higher. Overrated.

TWEWY SALES:
SMART! You foiled the binomial to perfection but did you check the equation? I wasn't looking for a variable.

(but really, are you a chick or a dood, i can't tell and i dunno which pronoun to use. instinct says she, broto calls you he)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dude, posting on AM is too much fun. We weren't able to do what we wanted when we had to claim princess. This, however, should be regarded as the norm from now on.

Also, fair enough, I forgot TWEWY.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
SMART! You foiled the binomial to perfection but did you check the equation? I wasn't looking for a variable.

(but really, are you a chick or a dood, i can't tell and i dunno which pronoun to use. instinct says she, broto calls you he)
I'm a dude, but I was a girl for awhile so your instincts aren't entirely off. :33

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://pc.ign.com/articles/118/1185020p1.html

Oh god what. I'm pretty sure I'll despise this, but:

"The system is Blizzard's way of taking ownership over the black markets that tend to pop up around item-based games."

If you play Diablo 2, you'll see tons of spambots advertising all sorts of crappy websites where you can buy items from. Which is against Blizzard's terms of service. Same with WoW, where you can buy accounts and stuff. It will be interesting for Blizzard to have a legal way to do this, but at the same time you're just going to have derps that spend a bunch of money to get good stuff and are total... derps D:

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Wow that's pretty funny. It makes sense though, with the incredible success of Facebook games like Farmville/Smurfs/ that make ALL there money from real life purchases.

Those sorts of games do AMAZING financially. I've read somewhere that Zynga (or some company like that) brings in more money than Nintendo.

At least this sort of makes all the shoddy bots stuff... legal... but nonetheless it's probably amazing for Blizzard from a financial stand point.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
yeah it said something about trying to prevent hacking. I'm sure there will still be hacking though, and people will make a profit from that. I'm also sure it will cut down on the illegal sales, though not completely.
It's just dumb :c

Blizzard are MAJOR money *****s. But who isn't nowadays?
My mom plays farmville a lot.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Prevent hacking? Nah it's probably 99% about the money ha.

Illegal sales would probably dissapear. The only reason people would buy illegal stuff is if it is cheaper/easier than getting it legally... but then why would hackers sell their virtual stuff for less money than selling it legally? I can't see how they'd stop hacking though... all this does is let Blizzard share in the profits, it doesn't stop bots/glitches/hacks. I've never played WoW so I don't know about that sort of stuff though.

Btw Golden Sun so far is way better than I remember it (iirc I originally tried to play it on a DS Fat so that might be why it looked so ****?). It looks AMAZING on my DS Lite regardless. The backgrounds/scenery looks like something straight out of chrono trigger (a good thing), but with a lot of throw backs and old school charm from Shining Force (which is nice because it's familiar). The menus look the same, sprite windows used in the same way, overworld has a similar lay out.

I'd say it's like a turn based Chrono Trigger/Shining Force fusion with a slightly inferior battle system and story. Which is actually pretty darn fun.

Top Bottom