• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

The Director

Smash Lord
I've been a Diddy fan since the original DKC in 94, and he will most def. be my main in Brawl. After his 'broken' specials were announced, I thought he would be low tier...after watching these videos tho, I'm starting to think not. He's fast, nimble, and strangely his moves look like they're very damaging. I like, I like.

Have we seen his jetpack or popguns explode yet? If not that's good; he won't be as broken as Sakurai lead us to believe.

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
After watching the E for all video I must say that I'm dissapointed that he dosn't have the same voice as he did in other games. Now he just makes chimp noises.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
exactly what i thought. i was a little discouraged about his voice. i perfer his voice in DK64 over regular chimp noises. but it is a call back to DKC, cause both DK and Diddy just had monkey noises

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
His monkey noises rule. I always found his screams in Mariokart Double Dash to be extremely annoying and uncalled for.

I think he is going to play very similar to Pikachu. Except maybe with more power taken away for extra agaility.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
Ok found some info on diddy he has a dixie alt costume.. without the hair and somone sadi this

Diddy Kong: weird movement. His b-air is like Mario's and chains together really well; I used it 4-5 times in a row to kill someone off the side of Castle.

so yea i think dixie might be out

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
From what I'm getting out of it...It's just Diddy with Pink colors...the people that are writting these impressions of the games are idiots

vesperview

Smash Hero
All the costumes that I know of. I will update if you guys tell or show me ones I dont know. Regular costumes are not listed.

A question mark of course will mean incomplete or unknown if its complete.
--------------------

Mario - Fire Mario, Blue, brown/white, Wario, Green

Pikachu - Trainer Hat, Green Bandana, ?, Goggles

Ike - Marth Colors

Donkey Kong - Sasquatch, Red, Green, Blue, ?

Sonic - Shades of blue, (rumored black shade)

Yoshi - Blue, Red, Yellow, Turquoise, Pink

Peach - All Red dress, Daisy, ?, ?

Samus - Phazon Suit, Fusion Suit, Off-gold, ?

Link - Dark, Red, Blue, Purple, Green, Gold

Fox - Wolf-a-like, green, ?, ?

Metaknight - Dark, green, red, yellow, (pink rumored)

Diddy - Purple, Dixie (no hair), ?, ?

Pit (rumored colors) - Red w/ white wings, black w/ black wings, blue w/ blue wings, green, ?

Bowser (shell)- Gold, black, brownish

---------------
This is what I gathered from posts or videos. Anyone see an error or have info to fill in the blanks do so.
I'd hardly call some guy's impressions proof of that statement, from what it looks like people who are writing these first impressions are complete morons, gonna have to wait and see.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
That video owns.

Well if Diddy does have a Dixie-esque alt costume do you think this increases K.Rool's chances?

smashbot226

Smash Master
Diddy Kong's B> and BV confirmed.

B> A flip attack, like in the vid. It is a command throw, similar to Bowser's, except better overall.

BV: Tosses the new Banana Peel item in the air. It is considered a normal item after being tossed.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Diddy Kong's B> and BV confirmed.

B> A flip attack, like in the vid. It is a command throw, similar to Bowser's, except better overall.

BV: Tosses the new Banana Peel item in the air. It is considered a normal item after being tossed.
are you sure?
i think the flipping thing was his side dodge. i'm not sure which video you're talking about, though. and the banana i think is what he's getting from killing each koopa/goomba since they stole them. not sure though.

edit: nevermind, looks like you're right.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Diddy Kong rocks! I love that video. Diddy's gonna one of my main characters.
Same here!

Also, I was already challenged by a friend of mine who said Diddy Kong wouldn't fit in Brawl; him using Ike and myself as Diddy Kong! I'll take him on as soon as Brawl's out!

JakeZero

Smash Rookie
My favourite Nintendo character is Diddy Kong. If you are on the Wiire Boards, I am DiddyKongKongKong!
My friend had to pay me $10 if Diddy was confirmed. He is so awesome in the Subspace Video with him and DK taking on those bullet bills and then Bowser.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I\'m happy he got in i was expecting him or King K Rool i would still really like to see him as Smash Bros is pretty sevearly lacking in villians so i\'m happy Diddy is in but i would still like to see King K Rool in it.

Top Bottom