• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Digital Ops Brawl - Ann Arbor, MI - Saturday, August 1st

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Now I'm not sure if I'm coming to this, I would have to delay my trip to come to this tourney or if something bad happens when I'm about to travel.

MetaMeeks

Smash Apprentice
Everyone who says they might come should just come. We don't get many MI tourneys so take every chance you can get. Plus the more that show up, the more motivation people will have to throw more tourneys......SO GO!

Not trying to be rude or anything. Just making an observation.

KRoSS

Smash Rookie
Probably gonna go to this, even though I haven't played regular Brawl in awhile. Think I may bring a friend too.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Everyone who says they might come should just come. We don't get many MI tourneys so take every chance you can get. Plus the more that show up, the more motivation people will have to throw more tourneys......SO GO!

Not trying to be rude or anything. Just making an observation.
MI lost tournaments pretty much entirely because of a lack of attendance. You're absolutely correct. No one wants to host tournaments when you've gotta drag people there in person to scrounge together a 16 person tourney, or you have to get a car of 5 from out of state to get a 30 person tourney. If the scene really shapes up, there may be plans for a second round of UMBs, potentially with more monetary inscentives.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
MI lost tournaments pretty much entirely because of a lack of attendance. You're absolutely correct. No one wants to host tournaments when you've gotta drag people there in person to scrounge together a 16 person tourney, or you have to get a car of 5 from out of state to get a 30 person tourney. If the scene really shapes up, there may be plans for a second round of UMBs, potentially with more monetary inscentives.
Recently though we had a 50 + person tournament around West Bloomfield.

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
^^^ Agreed.

Where do you live, Anthony? I'm in Mt. Pleasant which is in Central MI if it's anywhere near where you live.

EDIT: nvm. Lansing. rofl.
Yeah I'm actually at MSU right now. If you could give me a ride, that would be great. I can pitch in for gas of course. PM me or something.

By the by, if I make it to this, I can bring a set up (TV and Wii).

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I saw your post in the MI big topic thingy and posted there. We can work something out. Just message me on AIM at any point and we'll discuss it!

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
went to the place it was pretty cool, guys were friendly and stuff
pretty pumped to test how my texas skills staxks up against mishigan!!!

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Just got my ride confirmed today! I will be there!

Also, a question, if I have someone with me that doesn't enter, should I bring a venue fee to cover them?

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
ill stop by from 5-7 for friendlies/moneymatches

dont wanna enter the tourney and waste money by having to leave early

ill bring a gc w/ melee though if you guys still need it at that time, i can leave it as long as hateoni/scotu/juggleguy can bring it home with them and i can get it from them at a later time
I'll MM you :)
Like you and Oni still owe me and Mann money anyways....

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's very unlikely that I'll come for doubles since I doubt I'll enter, but I'll prolly be there around 2 pm.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'll try my best to be there. I still have no idea what my schedule will look like for the next week or two.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
anyone wanna teem with me at digital opz? Im pretty good recently got 1st at a pretty tuff local tourney beating out some of the better Dallas players... I also use ness so if anyone can feed me I'd appreciate it :)

Top Bottom