• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Digital Ops Brawl - Ann Arbor, MI - Saturday, August 1st

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
I'll be there tomorrow with my crew. Haven't played the game in almost a year, so I'm playing catch-up yesterday and today. Still try my best though, see what happens.

Catch y'all tomorrow. I'll be there with a George St. Pierre Archaic shirt on. click.. Hit me up with my Smashboards name if you find me. :)

Tomorrow, peeps. :D

Ewww. PS3 or get out. If I gots me a PS3 controller then I'll wipe the floor with your Arakune any day :D.
3 words. STREET. FIGHTER. FOUR.

I'll moneymatch people in that s***, right there. Somebody bring that and set it up, son. I'm a 360 guy, but i'll play on PS3. ;)

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
I'm using the official SBR one.

Also, I'm only gonna waive around 5 venue fees, so if you're bringing a setup get there on time to make sure you're one of the 5.
The sbr ruleset doesn't have a complete stage list. Some stages are listed as "counter/ban" or "counter/starter". Check it out you'll will see what I mean.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
Top 3 is shaeden, me, bowyer. callin it now. Maybe montross if he goes.
Why would you put me in your top 3 prediction? You're going to make these new players think they're a lot better than they are when they 2-0 me.

Also... bowyer? seriously? I'm starting to think you're talking about brawl.. but that still wouldn't make sense. :)

I'm taking last place.

Seriously.

Pants. :(

Piratey_Critter

Smash Apprentice
3 words. STREET. FIGHTER. FOUR.

I'll moneymatch people in that s***, right there. Somebody bring that and set it up, son. I'm a 360 guy, but i'll play on PS3. ;)
I'll take you, how much?. I'll bring the game too.

The sbr ruleset doesn't have a complete stage list. Some stages are listed as "counter/ban" or "counter/starter". Check it out you'll will see what I mean.
I'll figure it out and have it ready tomorrow. Sorry about me being a scrub ;)

Stratford

Smash Champion
Why would you put me in your top 3 prediction? You're going to make these new players think they're a lot better than they are when they 2-0 me.

Also... bowyer? seriously? I'm starting to think you're talking about brawl.. but that still wouldn't make sense. :)
So much ****.

KRoSS

Smash Rookie
I'll be there tomorrow with my crew. Haven't played the game in almost a year, so I'm playing catch-up yesterday and today. Still try my best though, see what happens.
Lol, haven't seen you play Brawl in about a year. Should be a good time tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone that shows up tomorrow.

Xyless

Smash Master
Could someone bring an extra GC controller for me? I moved out of my apartment, and my roommate had the GC controllers that still had springs in them (the only controller I have at my parents' is a wavebird which was my test subject for removing springs). If not I'll see what I can do without soft shields, but it won't be pretty.

Yeah, I'm coming to this. IL REPRESENT

Piratey_Critter

Smash Apprentice
I ain't bringin' the setup, but i'll MM you for....$20? We'll give each other a few warm-up rounds, though. I'm sure we can find time to get some SF4 casuals and stuff going on the side, right? *chibi eyes*
Sounds good, depending on your character >.>

I'll fight anyone but Bison. lol

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
me and ham are bringin 2 setups solon. and u should probably raise the amount of setups to at least 10 it will make things go smoother, thats just my opinion.

earthadept

Smash Lord
Turns out I can't bring a setup, so scratch one. Also, I'll play SF4 lol if you need other people. Never played it before, though. :p

SCOTU

Smash Hero
moral of the story: this tourney's got an amazing turnout for both games, and if you still haven't decided if you're coming, your mind is now made up. You're coming.

hateoni__

Smash Journeyman
fun tourney.. I have johns but I'm not guna say them.. stupid drivers liscences.. no driving past 12 am.. I made it home at 11:59, phew..

ggs omni-time johns
panda-hope u got further with my spot =P, shoulda charged u more then 8 dollars lol
anther-fun
judge-ty for tip
more shoutouts later..

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
I want to play sf4 casuals!

And btw my car of four is leaving soon
I don't think we played, did we? Shame, maybe next time.

Shoutouts:

Samurai Panda- For taking over and getting everything in line, lol. Thanks for the tips, as well.
AaronS- GGs in SF4. That Abel is sick.
And to Mark (?) and Justin- GGs, nice meeting you guys.
And most importantly, Josh, AKA KRoSS- For driving me there. lol.

I don't remember too many people there. I'll definitely hit Digital Ops again for the SF4 tourney, though. As long as it's in Ann Arbor, anyway.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
good tourney and ggs I'll give shoutouts in the results thread so I can remember everyone's name.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
My worst tourney ever :(
At least the second half.

Fun friendlies though but I made juvenile mistakes like crazy in the tourney matches where it counts.

Also I'm picking up DK again, even though you guys never knew I did.

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
Great turnout guys. I had a lot of fun. Didn't place as well as I wanted, but I'll get there next time!
Fun friendlies, hope my Pit is becoming respectable.
Need to work on the organization of the next one though, and the general layout of the setups. Having to pause your friendlies every twenty seconds wasn't very fun.
Shoutouts in results thread when it's up, I'll have a few of them!

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Need to work on the organization of the next one though, and the general layout of the setups.
I agree. It was pretty messy set-up wise, and overall pretty unorganized IMO. No offense to anybody, especially Aaron, but until Samurai Panda stepped in it took forever for Brawl Singles to take place. Plus it didn't help that people weren't reporting their matches.....lol.

Still fun though. Makes me wanna come again and get better at Brawl.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
really good turnout. I'll give shoutouts some time when i'm not so tired i'm gonna die.

Only thing i wished would've been better was a bit more liberal waiving of venue fee so we could get more than 2 setups for a 27 person tourney.

Top Bottom