• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I think range is an issue - I believe walk->fsmash can be di'ed out of at %'s that wd->fsmash can't. haven't spent much time with walksmashing but IMO it's much easier to do out of a wavedash.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
scrolled back a bit and saw discussion bout the YS cloud, thought I'd shed a tiny bit more light...it comes out on 5 and goes in at 0.

so if you wanna get super cereal technical about it, probably comes out at x:x4:59 or whatever
but yeah like dogy mentioned when it's "even" meaning @ :05, :25, :45, it's on the left, and when it's odd (:15, :35, :55) it's on the right

also: reverse bair-uair is definitely nice...never thought of that

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
do you mean if they dont DI it?? I think they can jump out then at higher %'s. prob better off utilting to fair or some crazy **** like that. but if they DI behind you then hell yeah you can track that **** with a wd. smash that *****

yes tempset thats me :lick:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
So get this. I was in columbus playin melee today.

Greatest. Combo. Ever.

Doc+Samus.

Broke a guy's shield. I cape him 4x. Samus (played by none other than the Alpha Gundam) hops behind me with a full charge blast. I grab. Alpha shoots. I throw the guy up. We win.

so amazing.

And on that note, Im about to play some bomberman with alpha.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Well good thing I asked for your opinion smooth. :p

But na, hopefully ima get a crapton of melee in 2morrow with atleast alpha. If not, more people.

I played a crapton of kirby today.

Broke a shield with kirby today (I broke 3 shields today total. lol)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I broke a shield today with Zelda's upb.

In Brawl.

Get 1upped, dogy.
Pfft. It's brawl. Shields break all the time in that game.

That's not hard to do. XD
So is there really nothing to do against Falcon's nair except
a. run
b. utilt in time
c. shield and hope they miss the L cancel>grab
?
You could also upsmash, n.air, u.air, f.smash.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
So guize, I found a use for Doc's down-b. It's actually good, too! I'll post more about it later.

Also, I'm thinking about posting some segments from my notes on Doc. Yes/No?

So is there really nothing to do against Falcon's nair except
a. run
b. utilt in time
c. shield and hope they miss the L cancel>grab
?
Already addressed, but utilt/usmash/fsmash are all brilliant. I have the least success with usmash. CC dmash works at low percents.

Pfft. It's brawl. Shields break all the time in that game.

That's not hard to do. XD

You could also upsmash, n.air, u.air, f.smash.
They do? I thought the shields regenerated faster, took less damage, and were generally better aside from lightshielding and power shielding. You just jealous.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Well, I started on the guide, typed 2 pros for fox, and stopped.

I was like "bleh" once again. XD I MADE PROGRESS THOUGH.

____

Just been sitting around workin on s**t whenever I play this. Came up with some hilarious *** practice ideas.

Played n64 last week (gunna get to play him again), got to play alpha and a few other people over last weekend. (JX GOT HIS SHIELD BROKE 3X LOL IM STILL LAUGHING OVER THAT)

____

uuuuuum Doc forums.

Yeah.

Waiting for HMW to upload the next exciting episode of SHROOMED BALL Z!!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Dude come on. Shroomed Ball Z has the hero shroomed wavedashing out of shield as he fells foes left and right!

It's so amazing!

More amazing than reading the doc forums right now. lol

Shroomed

Smash Master
this is like THE LONGEST brandon has ever taken to upload vids

i want my winners and losers finals up

i need to see why i lost to zhu!!!

u guys r gonna laugh whenever i play someone on their CP

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I still have to go somewhere and try it. i was supposed to try a leaked version last week and an arcade cab months ago, but never did.

I still hold to this day that the only character that looks remotely interesting to me is Rachael. Zone zone zone RUN!

And then that burst system? --shakes head--

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
The burst system both breaks my heart and fills it.

See, I play Carl. He has a throw loop that doesn't prorate much (only 1/2 standard proration), and it involves one of his most damaging moves, too. If they burst, the loop continues with them taking extra damage. If they throw break? I just hafta alter the loop slightly and they go into it again. If they do nothing? They're dead.

Ragna can get out by doing an aerial upper and RCing. That's the only escape I know of right now.

But it's only day 3, so I don't have the loop down just yet. D:

Watching Arakune is like watching marvel. Superjump>cloud>mix-up>throw ****>magneto infinite.

Well, except the last part. D:

But yeah, BB is pretty tight, guize. Lotsa new stuff is introduced to the fighting game community in this game.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
blazblue is like, so good.
i might actually buy fight sticks.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
arcade stick, lol.

I need to actually take mine out and continuously practice with it. I never feel obligated to because I live in GA and East Point plays on pad (one of the major crews, arguably the best 3-d fighter crew in the nation).

Stick is so good though. Fixes soooooo many input errors when you get used to it, and then stick becomes universal (instead of having to go from ps pad to -ew- 360 pad)

_____

-Dogy Blog...y?- XD

On a more important note. Went over to n64's house again yesterday. Played alot of smash. **** was fun.

Im really starting to hate the pika matchup. Everybody says Pika is a low-tier fox, but I think he's got some sheik in him with that **** u.air. Its just too **** good.

For anybody who cares about some random pika pointers.

1) You never, ever have a **** reason to be above pika, ever. That's just asking to get tail spiked or combo'd to death.

2) As long as pika times it right, NOTHING YOU DO FROM THE AIR IS GOING TO BEAT HIM BELOW YOu. Your dair cant beat his u.air/u.tilt/u.smash, neither cant your nair. Just dont waste the time fighting it.

And man, I always thought upsmash -> thunder was like, a scrub tactic that really never worked? OH BOY YOU BETTER BELIEVE THAT **** IS GOOD. :|

Pika's recovery is still all sorts of dumb (good and bad).

But enough pika rant. I'll save it for if somebody actually wants it.

On another note, I gotta go watch hmw and shroomed **** some spacies again. I blow at gimping, but I think I know what im doing wrong.

FML.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I miss the dogy blogy!

Anyone know how to get a gamebridge capture card to work on a vista laptop? I have the tape, I have the capture card, I have the space. Now I just need to actually capture these matches. D:

I have BB, Dogy.

I have to agree with I-Oh-Z. It's an amazing game.

Smooth Criminal
ps3 or 360?

blazblue is like, so good.
i might actually buy fight sticks.
SEE ABOVE!

Shroomed

Smash Master
iono if dazzle counts as capture card

that's wut me and HMW use to record

ima start banning yoshi's vs spacies....

Top Bottom