• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
That's why Mute City is the ish. Dogy's comment on youtube sums it up perfectly as well.
Yeah, that's what I keep telling people.

I still say MC SHOULDNT have worked for shroomed, but hey, the man pulled it out.

The "Youtube hero." XD
iono if dazzle counts as capture card

that's wut me and HMW use to record

ima start banning yoshi's vs spacies....
*slap* dazzle = EXTERNAL CAPTURE CARD.

__

yeah, against falco you can ban whatever you really want, but fox? It's like I told you on aim, YS is the better bet on banning.

N64

Smash Champion
Yeah, super funsies dogy.

Pretty much in any matchup, pika likes being below his opponent. Uair is too freakin good.

soap

Smash Hero
dash attack ledge, hold forward through dash (making sure the ledge stops your momentum), walk back on the first frame after the animation.

ur right.

i can do it now.

what would be more sexy would be like dash attack into walk turn bair, into some bob money shenanigans

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
*scratches chin*

-turns on gamecube-

____

edit: just did it.

So yeah, if you can do that consistently, christmas just came early for yo a**. XD

otg

Smash Master
Aight just watched Shroomed vs. Zhu. Good **** son, it looked like you choked a lil bit but you played really well. I think its safe to say that banning Yoshi's against Falco is quite the safe/smart idea lol.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
soap: I outta be thanking you. I honestly didnt have a clue about it till you posted and i tried it. -laughs-

render: ,,!,, :p

Jona: Oh I know who that is. All you really need to know about it is I screwed up and somebody hates me for it. Cant fault them for it.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
oh ok

i thought it was like just some random dude being mad racist haha

it was kinda funny but then i was like dam freakin white people lol im snitchin

but alright

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
You do some right things man, just gotta work on not doing so much useless stuff (overcommiting)

1) I say you spotdodge too much because Im under the impression you dont really know what you're trying to accomplish with it. More often than not it worked out for you, so eh, take this for a grain of salt.
-The rolling, on the other hand. You can afford to cut out ALOT of it. Especially trying to roll across your opponent.

2) If you're going to throw somebody on a platform, be faster to follow them.

3) If you're going to just fall back to the stage, tumble recover (dont aerial unless you're actually looking to go through something, which you cant do vs link btw. And dont fall all the way down to tech.)

4) You do a good job of using nair approaches. You kinda gotta get the feel when to do other aerial approaches, but it's good that you're not going in f.air heavy.

5) Also, good job just trying to edgeguard. It wasnt spectacular or anything (no offense), but you've got the right idea of what you need to do.

(Mind you, I only watched the first video)

You do some good stuff, just gotta put some work into it.

Link tips:
1) Dont try to come in from high above him, he's got an u.air. If he wants to come down with a d.air, you move the f**k out of the way. You cant beat either one of them. Period.

2) Cape bombs backwards. The cape's hitbox is strong enough to beat bombs (which makes them explode, as you see), but if you cape backwards, there's still a reflect box behind you.
- You CAN cape them forwards, but you have to actually time it so that your cape hitbox doesnt hit the bomb. (kinda confusing, i know)

3) If you really want to, you can outspam link. The thing is you have to stay in the air so that bombs and arrows arent a big factor in projectile wars. It's useful to know if it comes to it, but it doesnt really help in the long run unless you come across somebody who doesnt know... how to swing links sword? XD

-edit-
*watches video 2*
Oh, and if you actually CP'd FoD -shakes head- No. Not against link. XD

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
No, it was random.

I get what you mean about the cape, though.
Hit the green dot, not the red swoosh.

I wish Zodiac would hurry up with these videos, though...
I have a lot more against some of my more confident match-ups.

Oracle

Smash Master
You dash attack way too much. It isn't useful unless you're fighting spacies, and even then if you miss it's heavily punishable.

Stop trying to combo at high percents. You got a downthrow at like 100%, which can lead to a kobe or a defibrillator, but you up tilted, which sends them waaay too far for a follow up.

You need to learn wavedashing and incorporate it a lot more. It speeds doc up so much and gives him faster approach options. WD out of shield is also very important

EDIT: But how could anyone hate Dogy?

Shroomed

Smash Master
im going, cuz it's like 40mins from where i live =D

but it clashes with everything that doesnt hit u from above first

anyway, u guys shud come to genesis so we can doc ditto

Oracle

Smash Master
Ok, I think I worded it wrong. I meant that he dash attacked too much in the wrong situations ie. at low percent, where it wouldn't get link into stun

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
*laughs hysterically*

Really now? That's not what black bomberman was sayin at the end of the match.

\O_O-/ \-o_o/ \O_O-/ \-o_o/ \O_O-/ \-o_o/

___

but no, im not going to genesis. XD

Gea

Smash Master
I'll poke my head in more (like I haven't said that before LOL)

I am back to playing moar Melee. Mmm. And watching Shroomed made me love Doc all over again.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
this is the first time i poke my head in here since brawl came out.

i miss the doc, but i retired melee long ago. its good to know we got new blood to rep though. Shroomed's doc looks super legit. (but dont as me anything else about melee, cuz i have NO idea what goes on in this game anymore, lol)

anyway, lata n00bs!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Eh, go back to gettin yo *** kicked by lee martin. :p

First gea, then cyphus. Im waitin for like, S-Royal to come up in here like 'wtf is this nonsense'

Top Bottom