• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DotA 2: 6.83 patch, The International 5 on the way!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
SBreaker gets stunned, zomg looks like Ursa.
Eh, in pubs his ganks are absurd and in organized while hes not as good he still has terrific map mobility early game and global movement isnt awful either.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Ursa can solo Roshan as soon as he gets Vlad or nearly any form of Lifesteal and has absurd single target DPS. And this is Absurd in dota.

He's not as bad as Ursa, but he's not winning any contests either.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Eh, in pubs his ganks are absurd and in organized while hes not as good he still has terrific map mobility early game and global movement isnt awful either.
Like I said hes good in pubs. Terrible in organized play. Any amount of ward coverage or watching debuffs completely negates him. He has no aoe to add to a team fight. Doesn't scale well enough to be worth giving the farm to.

Ursa can solo Roshan as soon as he gets Vlad or nearly any form of Lifesteal and has absurd single target DPS. And this is Absurd in dota.

He's not as bad as Ursa, but he's not winning any contests either.
Neither of them are good. ^_^ ursa is really easy to gank when he jungles. And if he lanes. He is in far worse shape.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Spiritbreaker is crazy in pubs :)

Pretty tanky as a STR
Add extra movespeed, so you can't really run away if he's on top of you.
Add extra 50dmg or so hurts early
Charge stun, bash and ult makes going against SB 1v1 a pain in the butt :p
Huskar as well to a lesser extent, any Str hero that ganks well really.
Pubs <3

Halberd's disarm, great to troll

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
And then when people actually pay attention to debuffs = sad sb.

Miharu

Smash Hero
spiritbreaker is easy to stomp with in pubs/unorganized play

ursa is actually a somewhat legitimate pick, esp given dota2's small hero pool. but you'd sit him with a dual/trilane

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Also, the xp vs infused game is really good

Vyke

Smash Champion
My only real critique on the replays have to do with how you two carry your voices rather than what you're focusing on in the game (Considering I don't consider myself having enough experience to disagree).

I tend to enjoy watching casters that had a boom in their voice, or are spry... or say, confident about what they're speaking about. Being able to toss the ball back and forth with the co-caster and knowing when to do it as well is always a benefit to improve on.

Weppas was really quiet compared to you, and his mic went low a lot of times as if he were fidgeting around. You two had some moments where cut eachother off, but that happens with any duo unless they just have natural synergy.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
My only real critique on the replays have to do with how you two carry your voices rather than what you're focusing on in the game (Considering I don't consider myself having enough experience to disagree).

I tend to enjoy watching casters that had a boom in their voice, or are spry... or say, confident about what they're speaking about. Being able to toss the ball back and forth with the co-caster and knowing when to do it as well is always a benefit to improve on.

Weppas was really quiet compared to you, and his mic went low a lot of times as if he were fidgeting around. You two had some moments where cut eachother off, but that happens with any duo unless they just have natural synergy.
Appreciate it.

Regarding the third one. I don't know what happened to his volume. We adjusted it higher before the match to match mine nearly exactly. So i dunno.=/ Also, they are forcing me to duo cast when I mostly solo cast so I have to get used to that. :x

EDIT: @Jace. It won't let me add you. Its saying could not invite this friend

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Got to play a game with someone from EG and Demon on my team last night, fun times.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Make sure to givew him your actual Steam account name and not your current alias.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Thats it. It is his account. It just wasn't letting me add him.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Thats it. It is his account. It just wasn't letting me add him.
Have him go to his profile in the Steam friends panel and link you the actual URL there.

EDIT: Man, rediscovering why I never bought Blink Dagg... Force Staff, I LOVE YOU.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I wish I had a key to play with you guys.... : (
I'll see what I can do for you. GR has 250 keys we are giving away over the next few weeks. I'll see if I can snag one.

Have him go to his profile in the Steam friends panel and link you the actual URL there.

EDIT: Man, rediscovering why I never bought Blink Dagg... Force Staff, I LOVE YOU.
Just start buying blink dagger on everyone. Figure out instant positioning is amazing.

Miharu

Smash Hero
fs is more versatile cuz it doesn't get disabled and you can use it on anyone

but blink grants you instant placement at a longer range

both have their benefits

Vyke

Smash Champion
I'll see what I can do for you. GR has 250 keys we are giving away over the next few weeks. I'll see if I can snag one.

Just start buying blink dagger on everyone. Figure out instant positioning is amazing.
Friend has been eager for one for awhile, tell me if you get any extras. :O

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I will if I can. But we already announced we are giving all of them away during the qualifiers in the irc. =/ So Holy told me no :(

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I feel like I should be attempting to do something similar to the LoL thread with steam IDs in the first page so new players could add SWF players more easily, but at the same time I'm pretty lazy. It's a tough call.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I feel like I should be attempting to do something similar to the LoL thread with steam IDs in the first page so new players could add SWF players more easily, but at the same time I'm pretty lazy. It's a tough call.
Scizorlizard

yeah you just volunteered.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Well, everyone post their ID as a link to their steam community page, I'll put them in the first post in alphabetical order as a hyperlink so you can just click whoevers name and it'll open a tab to their steam profile page on which you can add them.

So if you want to be in the first page, post your ID as a link such as: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ignatius256/home

Unless there's a more efficient way someone wants to propose.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Sinz

Was more what I was intending to do so you could find users by their SWF name. Either way, appreciate you formatting yours for me, although not necessary as long as the link is posted.

Although if anyone wants to format there's for me you'll definitely get no complaints from me.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Invooooooooooooooookerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

oh no, my week of buying orchid on everyone is over: Fixed Orchid using the old values at the new price.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
He's very fun and very good, but its definitely possible to be horrible with him. I'm holding off on him for now since he doesn't have legacy keys in.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Really surprised to see Invoker already, thought he'd be showing up towards the end.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No I can't run source at High texture my laptop is from 2007 and is pretty horribad for gaming... I run like 24 fps max on LoL and HoN with low textures enabled.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I started watching videos first. It's kind of boring when you just start watching because you have no idea what's going on. As you learn more about it, you appreciate it much more for what it offers.

How I started out:
-pick one hero to learn and practice with it against bots (pick a hero that isn't a hard carry so people don't rely on you late game)
-look up a guide for that hero (I wrote down all the stuff I need in order)
-learn to last hit (be the last one hitting whatever enemy to get the most amount of gold and experience - depends on your hero though because specific heros need better farm in order to give your team the advantage in late game)

Play with people you're more familiar with. You'll learn faster that way.

Miharu

Smash Hero
I won this game on Steam. Would someone be willing to teach me the ropes once I eventually install it?
dood

mememememe

but the most important thing in all games is to learn mechanics, and dota isn't an exception. basically u will need to learn the basics of laning/last hitting, and when to cast your spells on stuff. to start, its probably advisable to pick a simple hero like lich/tide, where the skills are either targettable, or don't require a target (ravage).

guides help out immensely here, esp the one that ignatius linked

just ask me if u have any more questions and whatnot

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
0-3 with invoker so far but am doing better each game. finally memorized all of his skill orders :D

Top Bottom