• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eastern Washington Bi-Weeklies! ~Next Tourney~ [11/17/07]

Peaches

Smash Lord
So I guess friday nights are casuals then? Anyone up for an STD? (Smash till Dawn).

BTW, I'll be sure to bring an extra setup for next week and some munchies.

Deva

Smash Lord
Actually, I had to pay $175 for that tourney, it REALLY sucked:urg: . Anyways, don't MM SlyD, he uses Shiek. You'll lose:chuckle: . BTW SlyD, how did you get on my account and post that I would be attending Tori's FD Tourney? I'm assuming it was you since you always end a post with "M" and that's how that post ended. I apologize, though, if it wasn't you.

Chip.

you know what to do
About everyone just Money matches everyone, so we can all shut up about MM!?

Great idea huh.

I know, I'm brilliant.

Peaches

Smash Lord
I'm going to play at Matt's place, I'm bringing an extra TV and cube. This Friday, not sure on the time.

Chip.

you know what to do
If it's at Matt's then I'll DEFINETLY be able to go with Deva as long as Deva doesn't have work. We'll probably be able to bring Ash and his bro.

What about a STD...........Uhh, I mean Smash till dawn?

Ashtten

Smash Journeyman
I may be ableto stay a little while but I have work at 6 downtown so I woul cut out around 5:30

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
doing it the 19th right before we battle the seattle area would be fun. I was trying to set one up at my place but my parents won't let me use their house.

Peaches

Smash Lord
You guys want to do ranking battles? ^_^ Doesn't necessarily have to be for money.

SlyD

Smash Cadet
fridays casuals at my place is fine... the 19th at my place is fine too...

stop by anytime to play...

seriously

ANY time

M

Peaches

Smash Lord
Crap, I might have a little trouble getting there on Friday. I have a class at SFCC that needs me to be somewhere at 6:30 to 8:00. Maybe I can stop by early or something and then come late.

Deva

Smash Lord
I'll stop by Friday after work like I usually do, though I don't think I can bring Chip.

Peaches

Smash Lord
Deva, what's with the no-show? It was pretty sweet having 2 TVs going at once. Sorry about all the Peach hate guys, but I'm also still trying to figure out a good secondary, I just can't seem to find one. Peach is too good.

I'm considering Shiek now, Ganon is good too.

Chip.

you know what to do
Oo, I know! Why don't you pick Marth, or Fox, maybe even Falco too! In fact, pick just about anyone who's broken and almost will always win! Then, you don't have to work so hard for victories anymore or be original at all, since everone uses these charachters. They could be really good secondaries, really! :lick:

Edit: Deva did come, but he came a little bit late after you guys left.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
the point of picking a secondary is picking someone that people don't usually know how to fight. Everyone knows how to fight marth fox and falco, and if they aren't your main you'll probably have some problems. If I were you I'd just master IC infinite and spam it like crazy :laugh:

Chip.

you know what to do
Twas' a sarcastic joke, that's all Alex. I don't really care who is secondary is at all :laugh:, I just wanted to bash on top/near top tier charachters.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Actually the point of picking up a secondary is either A) Your bored with your main B) You need to develop a certain skill that character relys on (such as tech chasing, technical skill, mindgames, etc.) or, especially, C) You need a character to rely on in matchups your main fails at.

Also, I'll only use top tier in all of our matches Chip. Or maybe bowser. >_>

Peaches! You can either pick up a technical secondary, so you can develop that aspect of your gameplay, or a mindgame character so your mindgames can develop even further, but either way you should pick a character who will do well against characters peach has trouble against (IE: Marth, Captain Falcon, Shiek, and Ganon). I think your best bet would be Shiek, seeing as she does extremely well in the areas where peach fails.

Darkgamer X

Smash Cadet
personaly I think that peaches needs a charater from each weight class. because you are able to have an advantage on the opponet. (EX: light-pikachu, middle-link, Heavy-gandolf) but that is just me.

Chip.

you know what to do
Actually the point of picking up a secondary is either A) Your bored with your main B) You need to develop a certain skill that character relys on (such as tech chasing, technical skill, mindgames, etc.) or, especially, C) You need a character to rely on in matchups your main fails at.

Also, I'll only use top tier in all of our matches Chip. Or maybe bowser. >_>

Peaches! You can either pick up a technical secondary, so you can develop that aspect of your gameplay, or a mindgame character so your mindgames can develop even further, but either way you should pick a character who will do well against characters peach has trouble against (IE: Marth, Captain Falcon, Shiek, and Ganon). I think your best bet would be Shiek, seeing as she does extremely well in the areas where peach fails.
N...No Mario?

Chip.

you know what to do
No, I don't care who he uses, I like fighting against top tier charachters :). I have more fun fighting those charachters because I have to actually think and play harder against them and most of the time, I win. I know Eggz has a good Fox, but his Mario is better. Which is why I also want to play his Mario along with his other charachters... including... Bowser :p.

Peaches

Smash Lord
personaly I think that peaches needs a charater from each weight class. because you are able to have an advantage on the opponet. (EX: light-pikachu, middle-link, Heavy-gandolf) but that is just me.

So you're saying that if you play Pikachu, Link, and Ganondorf that you'll have an advantage. . . right (nice first post BTW).

In other news, I played Shiek today with Brady for like 5 hours. I need some work, but Shiek is ******** and I'm loving it. Shiek secondary seems likely. I kinda suck with Ganon and I'm not great with Bowser or Game and Watch.

Though I do have the best Bowser and Ganon in Spokane apparently.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Yeah. You have to be good at spellcasting with ganondorf to get him though. Hes like Ganon with a good projectile game.

Ganon ditto MM peaches? Ganon dittos are pretty bomb mang. Good decision on shiek as a secondary btw. auto wins for the win!

I'll use alota mario btw. LoL

Top Bottom