• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

D

Deleted member

Is there anyone that know by how much exactly the level cap of calm/fear/fury is raised with kindred mage/animage and the other 3 relevant perks? it's hard enough judging if it works as you can't see the enemies level, and with these it's becoming hard to even estimate on what level they will work

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
gahh the mouse lag in game is getting pretty annoying for me. i've turned off vsync in the log settings, for my computer and the program but still mouse lag.

D:

on another note, i've been playing the game less and less since ive been a vampire. pretty disapointing.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Is there anyone that know by how much exactly the level cap of calm/fear/fury is raised with kindred mage/animage and the other 3 relevant perks? it's hard enough judging if it works as you can't see the enemies level, and with these it's becoming hard to even estimate on what level they will work
Enemies are always the same or lower level than you in most relevant dungeons.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If anyone wants to play this game without opening steam just create a shortcut to this file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\TESV.exe

fkacyan

Smash Hero
tell that to the
draughr overlord
I just fought.
Some dungeons are set to be higher level than you on purpose, or have a minimum level they can't scale below.

Some high-tier enemies are also immune or have a very low chance to be affected by things like Fear Undead.

D

Deleted member

I suppose fear undead is an illusions skill? I haven't come across any high level spells so far :/
(only novice/apprentice, and the three adept destruction spells)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
If anyone wants to play this game without opening steam just create a shortcut to this file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\TESV.exe
Steam will have to be open anyway, right?

Makes me sad because it uses up precious memory.

Or does it? I heard that Skyrim is, for some reason, capped at using 2GB RAM. I saw a mod that removes that limit. I don't know how any of this affects my performance, I just know that my laptop sucks for this.
My video card is my biggest problem, not my RAM. CPU is probably second on the list of things that suck.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You don't have to open steam to play the game if you do what I said. You can log out, and you can play the same copy of skyrim on two different computers at the same time this way.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
yeah steam will only open if you open the game through steam, or if steam is open while you click that TESV.exe, pretty sure.

i heard about the 2g thing aswell, bu tnever saw a fix, link?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
There are two exe, one opens it through steam, that one doesn't. So shortcut the one that doesn't if you don't want steam to open.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Steam will have to be open anyway, right?

Makes me sad because it uses up precious memory.

Or does it? I heard that Skyrim is, for some reason, capped at using 2GB RAM. I saw a mod that removes that limit. I don't know how any of this affects my performance, I just know that my laptop sucks for this.
My video card is my biggest problem, not my RAM. CPU is probably second on the list of things that suck.
Don't use this fix. I have heard horror stories of it killing the game.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
There are two exe, one opens it through steam, that one doesn't. So shortcut the one that doesn't if you don't want steam to open.
Alright, I'll give it a try.

Don't use this fix. I have heard horror stories of it killing the game.
Alright, I won't give it a try.

edit: Thanks, Hylian! It works perfectly.
I doubt this will improve my performance, but at least I don't need to open Steam anymore.
I wonder if it will still record my hours played on Steam >_>

D

Deleted member

Don't use the "over 2GB" mod. I've had taskmanager open on my second window and on full ultra the game barely uses 1GB.

so I read somewhere the mages at the college DO sell the high(est) level spells, so I guess I need to do something before they pop up for me. any one a clue what the requirements are?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The over 2GB md is more for later mods that will super increase the perfroamcne reqs.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races

I didn't even realize there were racial bonuses aside from each race's unique ability. Like, my argonian started with +10 lockpicking? I had no idea.

It's not like the game tells you. My god the UI is so amazingly terrible.

D

Deleted member

well that's technically just stat differences and tbh getting any skill at 25-30 would only take like an hour

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Yeah it's not too major.

I was honestly hoping there would be more differences between the races. Nothing too major, but stuff like altered base Health/Magicka/Stamina would be nice. Maybe even some "hidden perks" based on what certain races are best at.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Oh, fun factoid from the elder scrolls wiki: The first lyancthropy diseases were the werecrocodiles in Blackmarsh and the werelions in Elsweyr.

Now, go look up where Argonians and Khajit are from.

POTENTIAL FOR DOCILE WEREWOLVES?!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
well that's technically just stat differences and tbh getting any skill at 25-30 would only take like an hour
I know, it's not a big deal, but the fact that it's freaking hidden from you is kind of annoying. The way Morrowind had it set up showed you EXACTLY what you're getting when you choose each race.

Then again, Morrowind also had an menu screen that showed you everything you were wearing in one spot, and hell, it even allowed you to look at stats/skill/inventory/map/spells all on one screen. It was no means the best interface, but it's certainly better than Skyrim's, despite being made by the same company a decade earlier >_>

I'll stop complaining now. My only REAL problem with the interface at this point is the fact that my world map lags super hard because of my computer being not good.
I also think the communicating with NPC UI is kind of buggy but whatever.

D

Deleted member

it's because the interface is a direct port from the console. it's most obvious when you press TAB, as you get the menu with one thing in each direction, and the quests aren't there...
seriously I find my self barely using the mouse in menus because they clearly weren't designed with a mouse in mind.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
yeah, they pretty much admit it wasn't designed with mouse in mind because they never mention the mouse in the manual or anything. it's annoying because they act like it's some great technological advancement to not use the mouse @_@
and the great thing is that the mouse still gets in the way, despite the fact that you're not really supposed to use it.

last night i selected Default again for my graphics, which sets it to medium on my laptop, but then lowered the resolution, and set shadows to low because they look bad regardless and make the game lag if they're on high. my game looked better, ran fine, and my map didn't lag anymore!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The light house between Dawnstar and the Mages College is pretty awesome.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Immune to disease and poison, 25% more powerful illusion spells, 25% harder to detect while sneaking, 25-100% Cold resistance, depending on stage of vampirism (1 being the lowest resistance, 4 being the highest).

While in stage 4 vampirism humans attack you on sight; Health, Magicka, and Stamina do not regenerate during the day and their maximum values are reduced (stage 1 grants the lowest reduction, 4 grants the highest); 25-100% fire weakness, depending on stage of vampirism (1 being the lowest, 4 being the highest).

You also get a certain amount of special powers based on your current stage. The higher the stage, the more powers.

Your stage is determined by how hungry you are. Stage 1 means you've just eaten, Stage 4 means you're starving.

I'm not entirely sure what the visual differences are. I know you get paler and your eyes are different depending on your stage. I think your skin also wrinkles a little, but not entirely sure on that.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Lolz.

Actually I lied. Your skin doesn't wrinkle. And I really don't know if it's true or not, but supposedly some people got darker when they turned into a vampire. Like, one went from completely pale to redguard-like.

Doesn't make any sense, but that's all I've found as far as visuals go on turning into a vampire. Really weird, actually. I would have thought more people would have posted about the visuals by now, but guess not.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
If the wrinkling is true, then bleh. I'm going wolf.

I was expecting some sparkle skin.
You can't go wolf.

Would anyone be interested in a skills mod where you can change your perks, but you have a finite amount? I am kinda annoyed with how over powered I am.

Also, I have no idea why I was on "Master" difficulty. The game is a lot more fun when every battle doesn't end in death or running away.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Let me tell you that being a vampire is the worst thing you can do in the game by far.
it has literally changed my experience from playing 2-3 hours a day to about 5 minutes of trying to unvampire, than quitting. i don't even play anymore it sucks.

anddd spoilers sorta? they announce this kinda stuff but yes you can definitely go werewolf and it is probably 10000x more better as your faster in werewolf form and CHOOSE when to be one.

i am permanently hated by EVERYONE as a vampire until i somehow can manage to sneak into a house and steal some blood, which hasn't been easy.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'm sure there's some quest line you can go through to cure vampirism. I'm sure it won't be an easy quest, but if you're hating it that much, you should look into it.

Edit: Just checked, it's actually not that hard of a quest at all.
Also, becoming a werewolf cures it as well.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I'm sure there's some quest line you can go through to cure vampirism. I'm sure it won't be an easy quest, but if you're hating it that much, you should look into it.

Edit: Just checked, it's actually not that hard of a quest at all.
Also, becoming a werewolf cures it as well.
I'm very aware of this, but you see once your a stage 4 vampire as i am, quests are not even a possibility as literally every character in the game hates and fears you. I need to find a place where people are sleeping so i can drink blood back to stage 1, but there has to be no guards to catch me. i've tried a few times with no luck at all. i need to find a small town. not sure which to use.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Have you tried going invis with the abilities you get from being a vampire? Once you do that you can just enter a house at night and do it. I'd say that going to a farm is probably easiest in terms of location and lack of guard interference.

Supposedly you can also use your own followers to get blood, but I'm not entirely sure as to how.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'm very aware of this, but you see once your a stage 4 vampire as i am, quests are not even a possibility as literally every character in the game hates and fears you. I need to find a place where people are sleeping so i can drink blood back to stage 1, but there has to be no guards to catch me. i've tried a few times with no luck at all. i need to find a small town. not sure which to use.
You could just slaughter all the guards.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
yeah true, i guess since the beginning i have tried to avoid causing any bounty with any actual town for some reason.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I didn't mean i avoided the bounty for money reasons or anything, just..the way i enjoy the game involves not killing people in the towns.

but i'm sure i can make an exception to not be a ****ing vampire anymore.

Top Bottom