• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran's PSAs 'n' Stuff: Newest - Zero 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Nice looking attack there. Have you changed any of its properties, or will it just look different than the first shot?
Also, it looks like the firing effect isn't lined up with the actual shot in that picture.
Thanks. I currently have it dealing 11% with moderate knockback and little knockback growth. It will also be slightly slower to fire (though the shot travels much faster) unless you combo into the 2nd shot. The 2nd shot will also work much better because I am increasing the hitlag of the full charge.

Haha, Zero's my main too. I like the shot, it looks like something Omega would shoot in his combo from MMZ3/MMZX
Thanks; good to hear :p -- I'm glad it looks at least remniscient of his actual shots.

Zero is great, im thinking of maining fully with him but im sadly still a pit player. im not good at all when it comes to making a reliable psa, im wondering if i could make a request for a pit psa? i have one in mind but im not sure if the move sets i have in mind would be compatibly possible. please reply
Thank you. Currently I have no plans to make a Pit PSA, seeing as there are all sorts of cool model swaps I could do. However, plenty of Pit PSAs have been made - check out this board for different PSAs: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=iniv01ljjb69f14gijbaao6mt3&board=16.0

goaliedude3919

Smash Rookie
Also, thank you for your suggestions -- I took a look for Rayquaza's attack, but it was nowhere to be found. That did lead me to my next idea, though, which was to look through Duon -- and, as of now, I've settled on a recolored Duon beam, which works rather well. It may not be identical to Zero's actual shots, but it sure looks more intimidating and is more satisfying than the old 3rd charge.

Now I only have to change the sound effects to be suitable. It would also be nice if I could figure out a way to make it energy-based instead of physical. Using ZSS' d-smash hitbox flag doesn't seem to work.
Nice! I like the recolored Duon beam. It makes it look much more "official". Out of curiosity, does an attack being physical or energy based make much of a difference?

Yeah, the sword on his back is actually the spear. I didn't think it worth the effort to remove it, since he uses it in his moveset, and Zero normally has a hilt sticking out of his back anyway (just no sheath).
Gotcha. In that case, good thinking :)

This is some excellent info, and it is also very reassuring. It seems like a mostly even match, with mistakes being very punishable on either side. His newest changes should not alter this much, either... I am surprised to hear his Zair is working well even at low percents. I supposed that's quite possibly a result of B+'s hitstun, but apparently it's not too disruptive. Thanks very much for this info.
I have yet to try this out, but I agree that it seems like the match will be a bit more even using these techniques. Hopefully over break I can look into some other possible mismatches(sp?) for you.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing an attack being physical or special affects whether or not it can be reflected or absorbed.
That really is a big deal- it would be quite frustrating to not be able to absorb something that looks like that, haha.

I'd use ZSS' shot for the level 1 charge, but I only have one arrow to work with, so it's one or the other here.
I doubt anyone would be too upset with the beam gun's projectile being entirely replaced. It doesn't look bad on zero as is, but being as familiar as it is makes it "less official", if you know what I mean.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Just a few quick questions/ideas, Eldiran.
First, with animation editing, would it be possible to remove Zero's shield from his guarding pose?
Second, are you now able to model swap the shield with the boomerang with something that looks more like the shield? I know the shield isn't a separate model, so it's impossible to actually use it.

Xeial

Smash Cadet
The new beam attack looks really great! Can't wait to start using it.

If it's flagged as physical, it should still reflect iirc. Samus' missiles and Sheik's needles are technically physical, and they can be reflected. I don't know how that would effect Ness/Lucas PSI-Magnet, though.

I've really been trying to put some time into making a decent B+ match-up table for Zero, but my data collection has been haphazard at best. If anyone wants, request the match-up you want and I'll devote testing to that character before moving on to the next.

Eldiran, I was also hoping that you could provide frame data for Zero+ to help with the match chart since I haven't had any time to break it down myself. I understand this is a busy time for you, so if this isn't possible now then that's fine.

goaliedude3919

Smash Rookie
I've really been trying to put some time into making a decent B+ match-up table for Zero, but my data collection has been haphazard at best. If anyone wants, request the match-up you want and I'll devote testing to that character before moving on to the next.
I think the most troublesome matchups for Zero could be the furries, Pit, Luigi, Toon Link, Samus, and Zelda. Basically characters that have projectiles that can really disrupt Zero's approach. I've been doing some "testing" lately myself. I say "testing" because I'm playing against computers, and that's not the best way to test things. But the furries and Luigi have given me some trouble, which leads me to believe that the other characters I mentioned would be troublesome as well.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Zero's weaknesses are definitely projectiles and fast attacks. Most of his moves have a good amount of startup, and his killmoves just aren't feasible against more mobile opponents. Projectiles can be stopped with the Shield Boomerang, but that ruins his speed, and that's the only thing he has going for him against some characters. Looking at it that way, I'd say Zero either needs a fast move or two (the increased speed on dtilt may help due to its range) or more effective projectiles of his own (the new shot may be good here). However, I don't think this is much of an issue, just because he shouldn't be able to put up a good fight against everyone. He's well balanced as is, even if that means he has some really bad matchups.

Also, I found that the exact area hit by dilt varies. If you use it once, it's slightly lower than if you use it repeatedly.

goaliedude3919

Smash Rookie
Zero's weaknesses are definitely projectiles and fast attacks. Most of his moves have a good amount of startup, and his killmoves just aren't feasible against more mobile opponents. Projectiles can be stopped with the Shield Boomerang, but that ruins his speed, and that's the only thing he has going for him against some characters. Looking at it that way, I'd say Zero either needs a fast move or two (the increased speed on dtilt may help due to its range) or more effective projectiles of his own (the new shot may be good here). However, I don't think this is much of an issue, just because he shouldn't be able to put up a good fight against everyone. He's well balanced as is, even if that means he has some really bad matchups.

Also, I found that the exact area hit by dilt varies. If you use it once, it's slightly lower than if you use it repeatedly.
I totally agree that he shouldn't do well against everyone. We don't want another Metaknight XD. I just thought I would point out some of his bad matchups.

Also, after doing some testing, I believe I have confirmed an inescapable combo that Zelda has on Zero up to at least 25% and the combo does between 40% and 55%. It's Up Throw, Up Smash, Up Smash, Nair. This combo doesn't even work on D3 at 0%, who I believe is the heaviest character in the game. As such, I think something needs to be done about this, although I'm not really sure what would be done other than make him lighter and I'm not really a fan of that idea. So any other ideas to alleviate this problem would be nice.

Once again, my testing has been done against the CPU, but in my experience, the CPU is even better than humans when it comes to avoiding attacks and getting out of combos. So if someone could test this with another human to confirm this it would be great.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Zero's fallspeed causes serious problems against multihit attacks if you fail to DI properly. The issue with Zelda's Usmash also applies to Wolf, Sonic, MK, and Samus at low damage. This is really bad given he isn't terribly heavy.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Phew, finally home and with free time!

That really is a big deal- it would be quite frustrating to not be able to absorb something that looks like that, haha.

I doubt anyone would be too upset with the beam gun's projectile being entirely replaced. It doesn't look bad on zero as is, but being as familiar as it is makes it "less official", if you know what I mean.
Yeah, it should be reflectable, but unfortunately not absorbable. I may try again; it's possible I did it wrong.

I'd replace it, but I'm certain other people will have PSAs that use it. Also I'd have to get 'em to replace common3.pac, which is a large file (and it will overwrite any other item changes they have).

Just a few quick questions/ideas, Eldiran.
First, with animation editing, would it be possible to remove Zero's shield from his guarding pose?
Second, are you now able to model swap the shield with the boomerang with something that looks more like the shield? I know the shield isn't a separate model, so it's impossible to actually use it.
Yeah, I was actually thinking about turning the boomerang into Link's shield. If I delete the rest of Link I might be able to do it (a la Roy's hair).

I could remove the shield from his guarding animation, but then... when he guards and does happen to have his shield out... it won't be there.

The new beam attack looks really great! Can't wait to start using it.

If it's flagged as physical, it should still reflect iirc. Samus' missiles and Sheik's needles are technically physical, and they can be reflected. I don't know how that would effect Ness/Lucas PSI-Magnet, though.

Eldiran, I was also hoping that you could provide frame data for Zero+ to help with the match chart since I haven't had any time to break it down myself. I understand this is a busy time for you, so if this isn't possible now then that's fine.
Thanks! Looking forward to match-up data -- I think the matchups I am most concerned about are the characters that typically have trouble with Marth and the rest of team disjoint. Such as G'dorf and Bowser and the like. But, test whatever you feel like.

I'd be glad to provide frame data. Viewing it in PSA makes that quite easy. Are there any specific moves you want info on?

I think the most troublesome matchups for Zero could be the furries, Pit, Luigi, Toon Link, Samus, and Zelda. Basically characters that have projectiles that can really disrupt Zero's approach. I've been doing some "testing" lately myself. I say "testing" because I'm playing against computers, and that's not the best way to test things. But the furries and Luigi have given me some trouble, which leads me to believe that the other characters I mentioned would be troublesome as well.
That is an interesting group. I think some of it may be due to the fact that the computer is best with Luigi and Wolf and the like. But even so, I would be glad to have those as bad matchups -- just as long as Zero is contributing more diversity than "is good against heavyweights and bad against team disjoint".

That is very odd. Actually maybe not, since the animation transitions from the previous animation. Do you think it is deserving of a change?

Anyway, I am thinking of speeding up Dtilt a miniscule amount. Like maybe one or two frames. Enough to help it be useful, but not enough to allow him to dominate all around him.

I totally agree that he shouldn't do well against everyone. We don't want another Metaknight XD. I just thought I would point out some of his bad matchups.

Also, after doing some testing, I believe I have confirmed an inescapable combo that Zelda has on Zero up to at least 25% and the combo does between 40% and 55%. It's Up Throw, Up Smash, Up Smash, Nair. This combo doesn't even work on D3 at 0%, who I believe is the heaviest character in the game. As such, I think something needs to be done about this, although I'm not really sure what would be done other than make him lighter and I'm not really a fan of that idea. So any other ideas to alleviate this problem would be nice.

Once again, my testing has been done against the CPU, but in my experience, the CPU is even better than humans when it comes to avoiding attacks and getting out of combos. So if someone could test this with another human to confirm this it would be great.
Yes, I very much agree that I'm totally fine with him having bad matchups.

That Zelda combo is certainly dismaying... does Zelda do well against him otherwise? If not, I'd leave it as is. Zeros should be able to compensate by being cautious early in the match.

Zero's fallspeed causes serious problems against multihit attacks if you fail to DI properly. The issue with Zelda's Usmash also applies to Wolf, Sonic, MK, and Samus at low damage. This is really bad given he isn't terribly heavy.
It certainly sounds rough, but I still wonder how well Zelda does otherwise. I can't see her landing any lightning kicks against someone so fast, and Zero ought to close in from Din's fire range rather easily (It's probably pretty obvious I don't know how to play Zelda). Either way, unless it's like 30-60 or something, I may leave it as is.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Phew, finally home and with free time.
Yeah, I was actually thinking about turning the boomerang into Link's shield. If I delete the rest of Link I might be able to do it (a la Roy's hair).

I could remove the shield from his guarding animation, but then... when he guards and does happen to have his shield out... it won't be there.
I actually thought of that right after posting, but I don't know enough about model editing to determine its feasibility...Too bad about the guarding though, but it seems logical enough anyway given how quickly Zero draws his weapons.

That is very odd. Actually maybe not, since the animation transitions from the previous animation. Do you think it is deserving of a change?

Anyway, I am thinking of speeding up Dtilt a miniscule amount. Like maybe one or two frames. Enough to help it be useful, but not enough to allow him to dominate all around him.
I don't see it as a problem, but consistency may be a good idea. Speeding up the attack some would be good, seeing as how it still comes out at the speed of a smash. For that reason, I don't use it much. Maybe a spike effect on the first swing to give it edgeguard potential? That may be pushing it too far...

That combo doesn't seem to be in line with Zero's performance overall, it's just a few moves that get him. Proper DI and a dash can get away with a little work, so I'd just call it one of his weaknesses.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
I actually thought of that right after posting, but I don't know enough about model editing to determine its feasibility...Too bad about the guarding though, but it seems logical enough anyway given how quickly Zero draws his weapons.

I don't see it as a problem, but consistency may be a good idea. Speeding up the attack some would be good, seeing as how it still comes out at the speed of a smash. For that reason, I don't use it much. Maybe a spike effect on the first swing to give it edgeguard potential? That may be pushing it too far...

That combo doesn't seem to be in line with Zero's performance overall, it's just a few moves that get him. Proper DI and a dash can get away with a little work, so I'd just call it one of his weaknesses.
Giving the first hit a spike is going to far, but what about giving the second hit a spike? That could be interesting.

Also, I forgot that changing the laser gun's projectile would require a common3 replacement- I'm definitely not up for that.

Uncle0wnage

Smash Cadet
My brother and I experienced a glitch. On corneria, I was zero, and had just gotten the smash ball, and right as i used it, my brother threw a poke ball. Zero did his ground punch, but after that, the rest of the final smash didn't continue, so it just did knockback and went away... :confused::ohwell:

Eldiran

Smash Lord

I think speeding up Dtilt looks and works well. I'll probably pass on spiking capability since it's not really something Zero needs (and he already has Ftilt). Good to hear it's possible to overcome the combos though.

Giving the first hit a spike is going to far, but what about giving the second hit a spike? That could be interesting.

Also, I forgot that changing the laser gun's projectile would require a common3 replacement- I'm definitely not up for that.
It would be interesting, indeed.

Speaking of the laser, I swapped the properties with ZSS wrong last time -- now Zero's 3rd charge is absorbable, as well as all set up with decent sound effects. I think that, unless there's something else fancy I want to add, Zero 1.3 is about ready to be released.

My brother and I experienced a glitch. On corneria, I was zero, and had just gotten the smash ball, and right as i used it, my brother threw a poke ball. Zero did his ground punch, but after that, the rest of the final smash didn't continue, so it just did knockback and went away... :confused::ohwell:
That is very odd... I made a quick change or two that might fix it, but if not, I really can't tell what caused that. Thank you for the bug report though.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
I think speeding up Dtilt looks and works well. I'll probably pass on spiking capability since it's not really something Zero needs (and he already has Ftilt). Good to hear it's possible to overcome the combos though.
Yeah, that would be kind of a random addition given none of his other moves can spike. Did you change the animation to keep it the same if repeated?

Speaking of the laser, I swapped the properties with ZSS wrong last time -- now Zero's 3rd charge is absorbable, as well as all set up with decent sound effects. I think that, unless there's something else fancy I want to add, Zero 1.3 is about ready to be released.
Awesome. That'd be a pretty nice Christmas surprise.

goaliedude3919

Smash Rookie
Another glitch that I ran into was the following: I rush in to attack, opponent hits me first, as I go flying through the air I see I will barely land on the edge, I push shield to tech, Zero glides on the surface of the level (not air dodging) and then gets no jump or ^B making me fall to my death. Needless to say, that was really annoying.

A couple other things:
1. I agree that Dtilt shouldn't have any spiking properties.
2. I think Dtilt should be sped up and would not make him too good against heavies.
3. After doing some testing, the following characters have some kind of Utilt, USmash, Ftilt lock against Zero , due to his fall speed (NOTE: most of them can do at least 60% or more without proper DI!): Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Shiek, Zelda, Kirby, and to some extent MetaKnight. As of now I have only tested about half of the Smash roster and I think that list will grow significantly once the rest are tested. Just something to look into.

Xeial

Smash Cadet
Thanks! Looking forward to match-up data -- I think the matchups I am most concerned about are the characters that typically have trouble with Marth and the rest of team disjoint. Such as G'dorf and Bowser and the like. But, test whatever you feel like.

I'd be glad to provide frame data. Viewing it in PSA makes that quite easy. Are there any specific moves you want info on?
Specifically, startup and wind-down on tilts, smashes and aerials. Also, IASA frames if they have them. All of his aerials seem to have either very low post-move lag, or they have great IASA frames. I think the disjointed characters would be the best place to start for match-ups, seeing as they have the best potential of biting through Zero's approach options.

I won't know for sure until I see frame data for DTilt, but I think a more significant increase in speed would be good as long as he had more end-lag to prevent spam. Or, perhaps the ability to only jump/Up-B out of the end-lag?

I've done some testing regarding that combo... I'm not sure if you're using vBrawl, BBrawl or B+, so disregard this if you aren't using B+.

All testing as of now is being performed with GSH2.

The afformentioned combo is not possible with proper DI. As a string at very low percents it's possible, but the Zelda player would still need to jump cancel USmash out of dash to string them together. The Zero player can escape with Up-B, or possibly NAir.

After doing some testing, the following characters have some kind of Utilt, USmash, Ftilt lock against Zero , due to his fall speed (NOTE: most of them can do at least 60% or more without proper DI!): Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Shiek, Zelda, Kirby, and to some extent MetaKnight. As of now I have only tested about half of the Smash roster and I think that list will grow significantly once the rest are tested. Just something to look into.
Again, I'm not sure how to respond because I don't know which version you're using. Without DI being factored in though, it's hard to nail these down as legit combos or just strings. A lot of characters can chain Utilt/USmash at 0% into at least one more Utilt/USmash if the opponent doesn't DI.

Eldiran said:
I think that, unless there's something else fancy I want to add, Zero 1.3 is about ready to be released.
It's turning out to be a Happy New Year already.

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Eldiran, I would be honored if you would allow me to test out Zero 1.3 at the New Year's Gaming Party I'm going to. Please pleas please please? I promise to find something I can break in it like always.... or at least write up a fairly good matchup against Marth & Bowser

LSDX

Wah!
It's probably been asked or posted somewhere, but I'll just ask it here:

How do I apply the winning themes of the .brstm's. I already have the file patch code, so what directories do I place them?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but you can buffer the utilt out of the dsmash so that he utilts when he would otherwise be launched upward by the dsmash. Just thought I'd let you know in case no one else had reported it yet.

wazgood

Smash Ace
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but you can buffer the utilt out of the dsmash so that he utilts when he would otherwise be launched upward by the dsmash. Just thought I'd let you know in case no one else had reported it yet.
do you have tap jump on? i think you are just jump canceling the downsmash then utilting instead of jumping

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I will reply to everypeople's comments in a bit, but for now -- Happy New Year's! Zero has been updated to version 1.3.

Version 1.3
Normal / Balanced Brawl
http://www.mediafire.com/?zvrytzwnn0t
Brawl+
http://www.mediafire.com/?nwjatyjm5iz

Changelist:

Code:
[U][SIZE="3"]VERSION 1.3 CHANGELIST[/SIZE][/U]
- Up+B now has a hitbox; the foot jets deal 3% with weak horizontal knockback
- Neutral air now does 6% to opponents on the ground, but with the same overall knockback
- Neutral air downward slash deals 7% but has more base knockback
- Forward tilt spin deals different knockback based on the part of the spear that hits:
[SIZE="1"](Ranges from +4 KBG on close hit to -8 KBG on furthest hit)[/SIZE]
- Up air kills at lower percentages (+5 KBG)
- Down tilt is now faster and has range consistent with the sword swing
[SIZE="1"](+2 frames faster, -1 IASA on end, added front tip range has less BKB, also swing is always the same)[/SIZE]
- Zero's Ryuenjin now deals more damage (22%)
- Zero's entry animation is faster
- Zero's CPU AI is somewhat improved
[SIZE="1"](Swapped Link's AI with Diddy's -- now he can almost try to recover)[/SIZE]
- Removed fairy dust graphic from Zero's side taunt
- Fixed glitch where using Side+B after it is consumed makes you unable to grab the edge

- 3rd charge of Z-Buster is totally different.
---It flies much faster, is larger, and deals 11%
---When on the ground, there is more lag after firing it
---When in the air, there is more lag before firing it
---It has plenty of hitstun so it can be easily combo'd into the 2nd shot

- Shield Boomerang behaves a good deal differently
---Zero never idles when holding the Shield
---Its closest hit deals 14% and can KO straight up at high percents
---The weakest hit begins at earlier distances than before
---It never misses Zero when returning
---It turns around faster and Zero catches it much faster
---Oh, and it looks cooler
EDIT: forgot a change.

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
He exported Diddy's ai, and imported it to Link. >.>

I've seen it a couple times looking through .pac's.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
It's probably been asked or posted somewhere, but I'll just ask it here:

How do I apply the winning themes of the .brstm's. I already have the file patch code, so what directories do I place them?
pf/sound/strm, I believe. Or maybe pf/sounds/strm.

Yeah, that would be kind of a random addition given none of his other moves can spike. Did you change the animation to keep it the same if repeated?
Aye, version 1.3's Dtilt is always the same.

Another glitch that I ran into was the following: I rush in to attack, opponent hits me first, as I go flying through the air I see I will barely land on the edge, I push shield to tech, Zero glides on the surface of the level (not air dodging) and then gets no jump or ^B making me fall to my death. Needless to say, that was really annoying.

A couple other things:
1. I agree that Dtilt shouldn't have any spiking properties.
2. I think Dtilt should be sped up and would not make him too good against heavies.
3. After doing some testing, the following characters have some kind of Utilt, USmash, Ftilt lock against Zero , due to his fall speed (NOTE: most of them can do at least 60% or more without proper DI!): Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Shiek, Zelda, Kirby, and to some extent MetaKnight. As of now I have only tested about half of the Smash roster and I think that list will grow significantly once the rest are tested. Just something to look into.
That is a really weird bug. I maaay have fixed it, but honestly I can't tell because I can't tell what could have caused that.

That locking is rough. It's good to hear from Xeial though that it's not 100% certain though -- I'd hate to change his fallspeed after all this time. I don't know how else I'd fix it. Perhaps it will just be one of his weaknesses?

Specifically, startup and wind-down on tilts, smashes and aerials. Also, IASA frames if they have them. All of his aerials seem to have either very low post-move lag, or they have great IASA frames. I think the disjointed characters would be the best place to start for match-ups, seeing as they have the best potential of biting through Zero's approach options.

I won't know for sure until I see frame data for DTilt, but I think a more significant increase in speed would be good as long as he had more end-lag to prevent spam. Or, perhaps the ability to only jump/Up-B out of the end-lag?

I've done some testing regarding that combo... I'm not sure if you're using vBrawl, BBrawl or B+, so disregard this if you aren't using B+.

The afformentioned combo is not possible with proper DI. As a string at very low percents it's possible, but the Zelda player would still need to jump cancel USmash out of dash to string them together. The Zero player can escape with Up-B, or possibly NAir.
I'm glad to hear Zero can escape after all. I agree that team disjoint is a good place to start... Here's the frame data for his basic attacks; they should be accurate, or at least within +/- 1 frame if I made a mistake.

Frame on which the first hitbox appears:
Jab1 - 6
Ftilt - 6
Utilt - 3
Dtilt - 12
Nair - 11
Fair - 8
Bair - 9
Uair - 8.2
Dair - 17.3

Start animation + hitbox frame of swing:
Fsmash - 13 + 11.5 = 24.5
Usmash - 6 + 14 = 20
Dsmash - 5 + 13 = 18

IASA frame:
Jab1 - 20

Eldiran, I would be honored if you would allow me to test out Zero 1.3 at the New Year's Gaming Party I'm going to. Please pleas please please? I promise to find something I can break in it like always.... or at least write up a fairly good matchup against Marth & Bowser
Have fun! Those are exactly the matchups I am most curious about -- let me know how it goes!

This is true. In fact, doing that out of a fully charged Dsmash should let you keep the jump charge for later.

Cool...but how in the world do you edit AI? 0_o
Tyler is correct -- it's contained in the MotionEtc file. There is a section called "ef_linkai" or something like that. I simply replaced it with Diddy's.

Why is Diddy's AI so good, then?
It's better for Zero because Diddy actually uses his Side+B for recovery, unlike Link. The attack speeds are also a little more similar to Diddy's than Link's. Not to mention Diddy uses his popgun similar to how Zero might use his buster. It's not flawless -- neither Diddy nor Link know what to do with the shield boomerang, and tend to get themselves killed if they have it out.

EDIT: forgot a bug fix in the changelog -- it's been added.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Haven't you found a way to remove the feathers from the boomerang yet? Or did you figure it out and decided to leave it there?

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying this out tomorrow, or, New Years Eve at the very latest.

That and the new Brawl - pacs

And I promise to break something.
Probably his Up Smash or neutral B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom