• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran's PSAs 'n' Stuff: Newest - Zero 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
yeah, every other texture and psa works fine, could you re-upload the version 1.3 regular brawl link?
I just downloaded it myself and checked, and these are definitely the right files. They should work fine... I'm not sure what's going wrong, but it isn't the files. (Not to sound defensive or anything.)

Eldiran

Smash Lord

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...Link AI made Zero vicious. Diddy AI makes Zero easier to beat than a Level 9 Captain Falcon who kills himself in the first 5 seconds of the match. XD

Other than that, this is quite awesome. No issues, no complaints. Love the new 3rd shot too. :3

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Haha, for the first time since its original release, I decided to test out Zero. I approve of the changes =P Before I go studying and ripping apart the .pac file, here's what I experienced:

My thoughts:
- The learning curve was definitely intriguing. I noobishly lost my fair share of battles against Lvl 9s. It wasn't until the 5th or 6th match that I got the hang of it, and truly began to enjoy it =)

- I think my biggest problem with Zero is the buster. The uncharged shots are debatably useless to me...the best thing I came up with was short-hop, reach the peak of the jump, then fire, land, and fire again. The landing lag was cancelled, and it was ultimately shooting three shots above them to 'prevent' jumping, then pelting them with the ground level shots. Ah, reminds me of my Megaman camping in TvC. =D

But yeah, I guess I'd find it more useful if I could consistently mid-air turnaround to buster. I personally think the charging time for a single green laser was too much...I hardly ever found time to charge for it, and whenever I did I would waste it. The big blue shot was awesome eye candy...but kinda impractical. It has little to no KO potential regardless of damage, from what I could tell. Overall, I say a little shorter charge time and a stronger blue shot.

- I can't explain how much I LOVE his dashing mindgames. Shorthop, air dash NAir, land, dash away, shorthop, air dash back, NAir, rinse and repeat. I flew circles around them. XD It is easy to predict after a while, but there are so many options it really doesn't matter.

- By the way, I actually found strategic value in the diagonal dash after being hit. It gives more vertical distance, which is sorely needed in many cases. Whether its a glitch or not, I like it =)

Final notes:
- The fully charged U-Smash is insanely difficult to land.
- I found little value in the upwards third jab.
- F-Tilt spin -> Grab -> B-Throw = quick, reliable kill move. =)
- If high enough, Up-B + DAir = safe return to the stage.
- U-Throw doesn't really look like an up throw.
- The dash and the NAir are Zero's best moves. If you're not abusing them, you're not winning. =P

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hope it works for ya RBlock!

...Link AI made Zero vicious. Diddy AI makes Zero easier to beat than a Level 9 Captain Falcon who kills himself int he first 5 seconds of the match. XD

Other than that, this is quite awesome. No issues, no complaints. Love the new 3rd shot too. :3
Aw man. Diddy AI is decent whenever he doesn't kill himself, I swear!

Thanks!

Haha, for the first time since its original release, I decided to test out Zero. I approve of the changes =P Before I go studying and ripping apart the .pac file, here's what I experienced:

My thoughts:
- The learning curve was definitely intriguing. I noobishly lost my fair share of battles against Lvl 9s. It wasn't until the 5th or 6th match that I got the hang of it, and truly began to enjoy it =)

- I think my biggest problem with Zero is the buster. The uncharged shots are debatably useless to me...the best thing I came up with was short-hop, reach the peak of the jump, then fire, land, and fire again. The landing lag was cancelled, and it was ultimately shooting three shots above them to 'prevent' jumping, then pelting them with the ground level shots. Ah, reminds me of my Megaman camping in TvC. =D

But yeah, I guess I'd find it more useful if I could consistently mid-air turnaround to buster. I personally think the charging time for a single green laser was too much...I hardly ever found time to charge for it, and whenever I did I would waste it. The big blue shot was awesome eye candy...but kinda impractical. It has little to no KO potential regardless of damage, from what I could tell. Overall, I say a little shorter charge time and a stronger blue shot.
Thanks!

Indeed, the buster is really meant to play a minor role in Zero's game. The uncharged shots are mainly for disrupting an opponents attack, much like Diddy's peanuts. His 2nd charge is grants some decent knockback, as does the 3rd -- they serve decently at bothering people offstage. The 3rd is mostly for free damage. If you fire the 3rd and 2nd in quick succession you deal 15%. It'll never kill though. You'll probably only charge it fully when you get a star KO, which is fine -- really, the buster is meant to be peripheral. I just wanted to also be cooler :p

- I can't explain how much I LOVE his dashing mindgames. Shorthop, air dash NAir, land, dash away, shorthop, air dash back, NAir, rinse and repeat. I flew circles around them. XD It is easy to predict after a while, but there are so many options it really doesn't matter.

- By the way, I actually found strategic value in the diagonal dash after being hit. It gives more vertical distance, which is sorely needed in many cases. Whether its a glitch or not, I like it =)
Aye, dashing is pretty much Zero's whole game. Gotta love blitzkrieging the crap out of computers :p

I think that phenomenon doesn't occur in Brawl+ due to the modified momentum mechanics. But in v/BBrawl, it is indeed quite useful. I also like it.

Final notes:
- The fully charged U-Smash is insanely difficult to land.
- I found little value in the upwards third jab.
- F-Tilt spin -> Grab -> B-Throw = quick, reliable kill move. =)
- If high enough, Up-B + DAir = safe return to the stage.
- U-Throw doesn't really look like an up throw.
- The dash and the NAir are Zero's best moves. If you're not abusing them, you're not winning. =P
- Yah, it's kind of useless at the moment. Just something fun.
- The fact that it deals 1% more makes it worth something (along with the favorable trajectory)
-
-
- Yeah, I confess I just used that animation for lack of a better one. It works okay though.
- True that.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Heh heh, I've been looking through that vertex modifier topic and I can already see the benefits of moving or removing individual pieces.
-Cutting the 'hair' part so that is truly is a ponytail. Then there's solidifying the helmet piece a bit more.
-Shaping Zero Link's upper torso a little more to fit the texture (especially the green orb part).
-Give the back a little more shape to also fit the texture.
-(Somehow) adding in the shoulder pieces (might need to readjust texture and also add in "Z" symbol).
-Depending on your body preference (The way it is, X series style, or Zero series style), you could adjust that however you look (although X series Zero in Brawl would look hilarious). Overall, I think there could be a better emphasis overall on the legs/feet and hands.
-Shape that buster goooooood :D.
-Remove the original Link hair hanging out the front or give it a more natural solidification. Better yet, adjust the helmet part so that it pulls down a bit between Link's eyes.
-Edit the Master Sword to look more like the Triple Rod.
-Edit the Hylian Shield to look more like the Shield Boomerang.
-There's a ton of little details in general. Shaping the arm parts a little more, giving a ton of shape to the helmet, and other things.

And for comparison purposes:
http://www.freewebs.com/megamanhaven/X7_Zero.jpg
http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/megamanx-cm/art-004.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what is possible at the moment or at all and I certainly don't expect you to do this. I did hear mention from someone in that topic about cleaning up Zero some more with the tool. I'm sure you'd be very interested in perfecting your already great creation. It'd be awesome if you could get it really looking like Zero. All we'd need after that is sound effect replacement and all of our dreams would come true 8D

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Heh heh, I've been looking through that vertex modifier topic and I can already see the benefits of moving or removing individual pieces.
-Cutting the 'hair' part so that is truly is a ponytail. Then there's solidifying the helmet piece a bit more.
-Shaping Zero Link's upper torso a little more to fit the texture (especially the green orb part).
-Give the back a little more shape to also fit the texture.
-(Somehow) adding in the shoulder pieces (might need to readjust texture and also add in "Z" symbol).
-Depending on your body preference (The way it is, X series style, or Zero series style), you could adjust that however you look (although X series Zero in Brawl would look hilarious). Overall, I think there could be a better emphasis overall on the legs/feet and hands.
-Shape that buster goooooood :D.
-Remove the original Link hair hanging out the front or give it a more natural solidification. Better yet, adjust the helmet part so that it pulls down a bit between Link's eyes.
-Edit the Master Sword to look more like the Triple Rod.
-Edit the Hylian Shield to look more like the Shield Boomerang.
-There's a ton of little details in general. Shaping the arm parts a little more, giving a ton of shape to the helmet, and other things.

And for comparison purposes:
http://www.freewebs.com/megamanhaven/X7_Zero.jpg
http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/megamanx-cm/art-004.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what is possible at the moment or at all and I certainly don't expect you to do this. I did hear mention from someone in that topic about cleaning up Zero some more with the tool. I'm sure you'd be very interested in perfecting your already great creation. It'd be awesome if you could get it really looking like Zero. All we'd need after that is sound effect replacement and all of our dreams would come true 8D
I would really love to be able to implement this kind of stuff, especially editing the hair and tunic. I'd probably aim for an X-style Zero, because the X series is my favorite :p But the shoulderpads would probably be nigh impossible to do. Either way, vertice editing him would be awesome.

Unfortunately my compy refuses to run Anim8or properly, so I can't do the actual vertice editing part. At least not until I find another free 3ds editor. I'll say right now though, that I'll pay a hojillion internet dollars to anyone who makes Link into Zero. ...which basically means I'd help 'em do whatever they wanted in PSA or BrawlBox.

This was mentioned by someone before, but I was just wondering if you plan on giving zero a dash dance or not?
Aye, I was considering that for a good while. The reason I have not implemented it yet is because Zero seems to be faring well in B+ even without it; specifically, his crouch-canceled Side+B seems to serve as a decent replacement. I'd be fine with adding it, except it doesn't seem that he really needs the advantage (after all the other changes I made at least); he's already very evasive and hard to KO.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I would really love to be able to implement this kind of stuff, especially editing the hair and tunic. I'd probably aim for an X-style Zero, because the X series is my favorite :p But the shoulderpads would probably be nigh impossible to do. Either way, vertice editing him would be awesome.

Unfortunately my compy refuses to run Anim8or properly, so I can't do the actual vertice editing part. At least not until I find another free 3ds editor. I'll say right now though, that I'll pay a hojillion internet dollars to anyone who makes Link into Zero. ...which basically means I'd help 'em do whatever they wanted in PSA or BrawlBox.
So Anim8or works, but your comp is out of whack? I don't know squat about 3D animation, but if vertice editing is fairly simple, I'd love to learn. Sadly, my PC is plugged up the butt with viruses so I'm hoping to get rid of that junk and start learning. I'd just need a lead on what files I need (just the .pac's, right?) and how to start it. For now, I got to fix my PC >:|

LSDX

Wah!
So is it possible yet to have the Zero PSA and the original Link coexist on the same roster with their own roster spots? If so, how?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
So is it possible yet to have the Zero PSA and the original Link coexist on the same roster with their own roster spots? If so, how?
not yet, if it were, trust me, youd know. there would be either a post by PW or a change in he title of a thread. I guarentee it.

Oh and Happy New Year :)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No, it isn't. It isn't for ANY PSA. How many times are people going to ask that? There's a whole FAQ thread on this stuff for crying out loud. T_T

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
I go on vacation for three days and what happens? Awesome.

Everything here is a great improvement. Most of it goes pretty unnoticed, but makes a difference in the end. The tweaks to the entrance and idling with Shield Boomerang needed to happen, and I'm quite happy they did.

The changes to attacks are unobtrusive, although the hitstun on the new charge shot seems unnatural for a non-elemental attack. That isn't a problem, it just looks odd to be stunned without electric effect. However, it does add a lot to the overall usage of the Z-Buster. I think it would be nice to be able to resume charging instead of being stuck with what you had before dodging, just because all other similar charge attacks can do that.

I still don't use the shield much, but the buff to it raises it beyond the back of my mind when I fight. Overall, it adds a little. The effect on Up B is good, it was frustrating to not be able to prevent an opponent from chasing while recovering. It's just right, not too powerful or weak.

As always, Eldiran, your work does not disappoint. I think there's very little need for a 1.4, this just about covers anything the Zero community found. Balancing is excellent, accuracy to character is as good as possible with what we've got right now, and the overall feel of the character is unique and at least viable enough for non-pros. Congratulations!

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
First time posting about this. I tried Zero before and it was pretty "meh". But then I went to 1.3 from 1.1 after a few months hiatus and picked up that nifty "Unrestricted Control Editing" code. Then I was all "Niiiiice." Seriously, this is the best PSA character I've seen. It's so full of action and you can get a nice little power rush going when you get the controls down. It's fun.

But one tiny little thing, though-you can't use the buster while holding an item. That probably shouldn't be changed, but I do find it a little odd that Link can hold a bomb and shoot an arrow at the same time while Zero can't do the same. This becomes even more odd considering that Zero has a throw that steals an opponent's item. What's the point of stealing from someone if you're going to lose it before you shoot them in the head? Especially if the item you stole is a Bob-omb?

humble

Smash Ace
Just going to post and say I haven't tried Zero 1.3 yet, but I will and get feedback to you ASAP. However, I saw you guys discussing how to make zero look, and I think somebody should point out the obvious; zero has his own series, and in it he doesn't look all fugly and bulky like in X.

http://img527.imageshack.us/i/mmz.jpg/ <here is a really good image to show his details.

Please make Zero look more like zero, not whatever he is in megaman X.

Andarel

Smash Apprentice
^ I've always found that MMZ Zero looks better as a sprite, but that I prefer the art of MMX Zero. It's more stylized (he's bulky, but he looks more robotic and that type of armor is supposed to be bulky) and looks less generic.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Dude, the AI is ****ing scaring me now... Not only has Onslaught Falcon learned how to counter my Kari moveset (as soon as he's roughly in range of the dsmash and dtilt, he starts dodging back and forth like crazy; when I even start to use Mega Kick, he almost always hangs back until I kick; he's either hanging back to stay out of range or going absolutely ape**** on me, neither of which Kari is able to handle very well; etc. etc.) but Link has figured the dashes out, including the fact that the shield disables the side dash. (He doesn't have a clue what to do with the shield though. He just kinda arbitrarily pulls it out and puts it back on occasion, like he knows it does something but doesn't know what. XD) He keeps pulling a picture-perfect double dash recovery.

(On a related note, I taught Onslaught Falcon to be terrified of the bottom floor of The Summit while it's on the water. He almost completely refuses to go down there because he's been eaten by the fish so many times because I knocked him into the water while on the bottom floor. He also runs from the water like a cat, for the same reason.)
Just going to post and say I haven't tried Zero 1.3 yet, but I will and get feedback to you ASAP. However, I saw you guys discussing how to make zero look, and I think somebody should point out the obvious; zero has his own series, and in it he doesn't look all fugly and bulky like in X.

http://img527.imageshack.us/i/mmz.jpg/ <here is a really good image to show his details.

Er, I kinda LIKE the MMX look. See the above post. ...Wait, the model changes are costume specific. We can have both if someone's willing to do the work. :D

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Just a quick question, what in the world does "Unrestricted Control Editing" even do during gameplay? Is it anything significant? Cause I haven't been using it. O_o

Eldiran

Smash Lord
So Anim8or works, but your comp is out of whack? I don't know squat about 3D animation, but if vertice editing is fairly simple, I'd love to learn. Sadly, my PC is plugged up the butt with viruses so I'm hoping to get rid of that junk and start learning. I'd just need a lead on what files I need (just the .pac's, right?) and how to start it. For now, I got to fix my PC >:|
Well, they just don't get along, but I'm going to keep try. You'd pretty much only need Zero's FitLink01.pac/.pcs.

"The shoulder pads would be nigh impossible to do"

You don't need em :p

http://media.photobucket.com/image/megaman x1 zero/mav_destroyer/normal_x1_xandzero.jpg

make an "X1" zero, not X4.
True. I could totally settle for an X1 Zero.

I go on vacation for three days and what happens? Awesome.

Everything here is a great improvement. Most of it goes pretty unnoticed, but makes a difference in the end. The tweaks to the entrance and idling with Shield Boomerang needed to happen, and I'm quite happy they did.

The changes to attacks are unobtrusive, although the hitstun on the new charge shot seems unnatural for a non-elemental attack. That isn't a problem, it just looks odd to be stunned without electric effect. However, it does add a lot to the overall usage of the Z-Buster. I think it would be nice to be able to resume charging instead of being stuck with what you had before dodging, just because all other similar charge attacks can do that.

I still don't use the shield much, but the buff to it raises it beyond the back of my mind when I fight. Overall, it adds a little. The effect on Up B is good, it was frustrating to not be able to prevent an opponent from chasing while recovering. It's just right, not too powerful or weak.

As always, Eldiran, your work does not disappoint. I think there's very little need for a 1.4, this just about covers anything the Zero community found. Balancing is excellent, accuracy to character is as good as possible with what we've got right now, and the overall feel of the character is unique and at least viable enough for non-pros. Congratulations!
Thank you! That's high praise; I'm glad you like it. I agree the hitlag feels odd, but I wanted it to combo nicely into the 2nd shot, as well as feel powerful (in spite of lacking knockback).

I assume by resuming charging you mean at the exact point you stopped, as opposed to Samus or DK who can stop and resume at any point. It would be nice if I could emulate that, but I'm not certain how (without a huge excess of variables and Ifs). It does serve as a nice subtle discouragement for Zero to not focus too much on ranged attacks, though. He usually can't get a full charge going unless his enemy lets him or is being KOed. Which is fine with me.

First time posting about this. I tried Zero before and it was pretty "meh". But then I went to 1.3 from 1.1 after a few months hiatus and picked up that nifty "Unrestricted Control Editing" code. Then I was all "Niiiiice." Seriously, this is the best PSA character I've seen. It's so full of action and you can get a nice little power rush going when you get the controls down. It's fun.

But one tiny little thing, though-you can't use the buster while holding an item. That probably shouldn't be changed, but I do find it a little odd that Link can hold a bomb and shoot an arrow at the same time while Zero can't do the same. This becomes even more odd considering that Zero has a throw that steals an opponent's item. What's the point of stealing from someone if you're going to lose it before you shoot them in the head? Especially if the item you stole is a Bob-omb?
Thanks very much! Heh, I can certainly imagine Zero must feel a whole lot better going from 1.1 to 1.3.

I would really love to change that, but unfortunately it is a restriction by the system, so to speak... basically, when Zero uses his Buster, he pulls out an invisible super scope or ray gun and fires that. Which is only possible if I make him drop his currently held item -- I don't think there's any way to work around it.

I actually really like and prefer his look in Megaman X. It also seems more genuinely Zero to me, considering it was his origin. However, I wouldn't be averse to making a Megaman Zero-style Zero.

Dude, the AI is ****ing scaring me now... Not only has Onslaught Falcon learned how to counter my Kari moveset (as soon as he's roughly in range of the dsmash and dtilt, he starts dodging back and forth like crazy; when I even start to use Mega Kick, he almost always hangs back until I kick; he's either hanging back to stay out of range or going absolutely ape**** on me, neither of which Kari is able to handle very well; etc. etc.) but Link has figured the dashes out, including the fact that the shield disables the side dash. (He doesn't have a clue what to do with the shield though. He just kinda arbitrarily pulls it out and puts it back on occasion, like he knows it does something but doesn't know what. XD) He keeps pulling a picture-perfect double dash recovery.

(On a related note, I taught Onslaught Falcon to be terrified of the bottom floor of The Summit while it's on the water. He almost completely refuses to go down there because he's been eaten by the fish so many times because I knocked him into the water while on the bottom floor. He also runs from the water like a cat, for the same reason.)
Er, I kinda LIKE the MMX look. See the above post. ...Wait, the model changes are costume specific. We can have both if someone's willing to do the work. :D
Heh, yeah, if Diddy-Zero is lucky he'll pull off his recovery with aplomb. Otherwise... he'll get distracted mashing B and throwing shields and just plummet. But I think it's an improvement from not using Side+B at all.

It's true, if we can, I'd love to have both Zeros. However, it's a matter of lots of work, and if we can really mold him all that well in the first place.

Just a quick question, what in the world does "Unrestricted Control Editing" even do during gameplay? Is it anything significant? Cause I haven't been using it. O_o
The code isn't that important, but it is nice -- it allows you to set any button to perform (most) any function. So, you could set X to be Side Taunt for example.

This helps for Zero because I programmed Side Taunt (when not activated via the D-pad) to make him use Side+B. So, you can have a Dash button wherever if you use the code.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
The code doesn't work for anything that isn't the gamecube controller, unfortunately.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
You should consider making a Brawl- version of Zero :p

Also, about Zero's dash and dash attack... First, the dash should end early if you let go of the dash button (Side+B or what have you) before reaching the maximum dash length. This would solve the cries for dash-dancing, and it would be closer to how the dash works in the games (from what I remember anyways, lol). The dash attack should also keep his momentum. The current speed works fine for his slow dash, but the button-based one feels really awkward, like Captain Falcon suddenly taking a huge drop in speed when jumping from a full dash in vBrawl.

ChronicleX

Smash Cadet
I like the changes in 1.3 however 1 small gripe. Now that you have changed the buster 2nd when charged it would make more sense if it was a level by itself, meaning if you charge up all the way you skip the 4% second shot and just fire the 3rd 11% shot.

It would make more sense, why would a charged buster fire a weaker shot before the bigger one.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I like the changes in 1.3 however 1 small gripe. Now that you have changed the buster 2nd when charged it would make more sense if it was a level by itself, meaning if you charge up all the way you skip the 4% second shot and just fire the 3rd 11% shot.

It would make more sense, why would a charged buster fire a weaker shot before the bigger one.
...What in the world are you talking about? You sure you're not doing something wrong? The largest and strongest DOES come when you charge all the way up. The 2nd one shoots after that, then you're back to the first. What kind of nonsense is in your head? XD

ChronicleX

Smash Cadet
...What in the world are you talking about? You sure you're not doing something wrong? The largest and strongest DOES come when you charge all the way up. The 2nd one shoots after that, then you're back to the first. What kind of nonsense is in your head? XD

Learn 2 Read. :ohwell:

Yunior597

Smash Journeyman
Is this code really needed?

Unrestricted Control Editing [spunit262]
211973CC 7CC6F82E
051973CC 38C20060
05197468 38620060
05197574 38820060
05197680 38E20060
051976B4 38620060
051978CC 38E20060
065A9380 0000000A
00010203 04050A0B
0C0D0000 00000000
E0000000 80008000
Hacked by Y.S. For NTSC-J, ported by spunit262.

Eldiran

Smash Lord

Also, about Zero's dash and dash attack... First, the dash should end early if you let go of the dash button (Side+B or what have you) before reaching the maximum dash length. This would solve the cries for dash-dancing, and it would be closer to how the dash works in the games (from what I remember anyways, lol). The dash attack should also keep his momentum. The current speed works fine for his slow dash, but the button-based one feels really awkward, like Captain Falcon suddenly taking a huge drop in speed when jumping from a full dash in vBrawl.
His dash actually ends early if you let go of the button, but there is a minimum distance.

Aye, it would be nice if the dash attack were more like his dash attack in Megaman Zero. I have it the way it is (stopping abruptly) so it matches the best animation I could give it. I'm still not a good animator now that we can do that... but the real reason I'd leave it as is is because I've balanced it around having it that way.

However, if there is a call for a Brawl- Zero, you can bet all these things'll be in it ;)

I confess I'm not certain what you're asking.

Is this code really needed?

Unrestricted Control Editing [spunit262]
211973CC 7CC6F82E
051973CC 38C20060
05197468 38620060
05197574 38820060
05197680 38E20060
051976B4 38620060
051978CC 38E20060
065A9380 0000000A
00010203 04050A0B
0C0D0000 00000000
E0000000 80008000
Hacked by Y.S. For NTSC-J, ported by spunit262.
Nope! It's only necessary if you want to have an extra feature (being able to side+B by just pressing one button.) You can play Zero perfectly fine without it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Learn 2 Read. :ohwell:
Says the ******* who needs to use numbers instead of actual words. ¦D

And obviously you need to use some actual common sense with your crazy explanations since Eldiran has no idea what the crap you're saying either. XD

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I... think I know what he's talking about. Just think about X3 Zero (or how the arm cannon charge works in general in X3).
Here's the buster levels in X3:
Tap: Buster shot
1st level: Small green shot
2nd level: Large blue shot
3rd level: Large blue shot, combo to small green shot
4th level: Combo shot, large blue shot
5th level: Combo shot, large blue shot, Beam Sabre
I think what he meant is that there's supposed to be a 2nd level part while the Brawl counterpart only jumps from 1st to 3rd. I'm not sure though because I, too, found his post very confusing.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I... think I know what he's talking about. Just think about X3 Zero (or how the arm cannon charge works in general in X3).
Here's the buster levels in X3:
Tap: Buster shot
1st level: Small green shot
2nd level: Large blue shot
3rd level: Large blue shot, combo to small green shot
4th level: Combo shot, large blue shot
5th level: Combo shot, large blue shot, Beam Sabre
I think what he meant is that there's supposed to be a 2nd level part while the Brawl counterpart only jumps from 1st to 3rd. I'm not sure though because I, too, found his post very confusing.
I see, now THAT actually makes some sense. :3

However, this Zero is more based on Megaman Zero than he is the X series, as you can tell from most of his moves. Besides, the way the blaster is now is good enough since it's not a cheap projectile or anything. No need to change it. Thanks for translating that mess by the way. :3

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I see, now THAT actually makes some sense. :3

However, this Zero is more based on Megaman Zero than he is the X series, as you can tell from most of his moves. Besides, the way the blaster is now is good enough since it's not a cheap projectile or anything. No need to change it. Thanks for translating that mess by the way. :3
Yeah, I'm fairly satisfied with the way it is now. And no problem. I keep rereading that message though, because I'm still not even really sure if that's right >_>.

Fen__

Smash Ace

If you press down (as if you were fast-falling) during the horizontal dash (on the ground or in the air), he plummets toward the ground and mostly loses forward momentum. You can't really pseudo-dash dance with it, but you can still mix things up more than I think you realize.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
If you press down (as if you were fast-falling) during the horizontal dash (on the ground or in the air), he plummets toward the ground and mostly loses forward momentum. You can't really pseudo-dash dance with it, but you can still mix things up more than I think you realize.
I know that you can crouch to cancel momentum, I'm not an idiot. I mentioned what I did because it would be closer to how Zero's dash is in the game he is from, not to mention fast-falling to cancel momentum on an air dash is just plain stupid and limits your options more than I think you realize. Same with crouching to cancel a ground dash. Being able to do both would be optimal, which is partly why I mentioned it. However since Zero is balanced based on how he works now, it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom