• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran's PSAs 'n' Stuff: Newest - Zero 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
Thanks! Hope you enjoy it.

Okay. I kind of hope to avoid adding a hitbox to it because it might look a little silly, but I will if I have to. I may possibly maybe think about buffing Fsmash maybe :p

At this point, I am certainly considering a B+ specific buff to his tether speed (ledge tether only). Unfortunately, due to the fact that there are no bones at the tip of the tether, and that the tip goes to different areas each time, I can't put a hitbox there. Otherwise I would have from version 1.

*thumbs ups* I can't remember if you use Brawl+. Either way, I'm thinkin' Brawl+ specific stuff at this point, so if you do, you'll prolly get a tether buff.

Thanks; I actually should have mentioned I made no attempt to balance Ganonsword. He just behaves exactly like he would with a beamsword (with custom, but similar, hitboxes).
Technically, his article (i forget the number, use OSA2 to look at his articles) for the tip of the tether has subroutines named Open/Close. However, its a 0 offset so we can't find it in PSA to edit it yet :(. Otherwise, you could add a hitbox there AND/OR allow it to grab walls.

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Oh, also, Eldiran, every time Sword Gannon picks up a hand held item, his sword sheaths itself. Kind of annoying while fighting Diddy or Snake

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Technically, his article (i forget the number, use OSA2 to look at his articles) for the tip of the tether has subroutines named Open/Close. However, its a 0 offset so we can't find it in PSA to edit it yet :(. Otherwise, you could add a hitbox there AND/OR allow it to grab walls.
You can add hitboxes to actions, IIRC. So I'd look into that.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
What do you mean by a "More killable" Giga? I got the first one and its good, but in the second one, how early can he be killed? Basically what Im asking is which one is more like the melee giga?

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
The old Sword Ganon with codes was fun for a minute, then got boring when you discovered it wouldn't go away. But this codeless Ganon that can sheathe the sword is fantastic.

And the jab is definitely too fast. :) Against certain characters, mainly the giant heavyweights, you can grab and choke them with Ganon's Side B, than press the A button and jab lock them, like Falco's laser lock thingy.

Question: Since this sword is actually an article, is it impossible to add a sword glow to it?

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
...no way. lol. you beat me to it! haha!
Im so close to releasing my version of code-less gannondorf with sword, then you had to show up. lol.
very nice work. :)
believe it or not, we had completely different methods of doing it. message me if you want to see, however, I'm sure urs is much more sophisticated.
I was wondering if I may balence said moveset for you? i'll PM you wiht my ideas.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Oooohh, I should have thought of that... I'll have to look into it.

Oh, also, Eldiran, every time Sword Gannon picks up a hand held item, his sword sheaths itself. Kind of annoying while fighting Diddy or Snake
That was intentional. ...Though I didn't think about those matches. If possible I might change it so that he only sheathes it when he grabs a weapon.

What do you mean by a "More killable" Giga? I got the first one and its good, but in the second one, how early can he be killed? Basically what Im asking is which one is more like the melee giga?
Probably Killable Giga Bowser, who usually takes 200% to kill. More Killable Giga Bowser is hopefully equal in power to a normal character.

The old Sword Ganon with codes was fun for a minute, then got boring when you discovered it wouldn't go away. But this codeless Ganon that can sheathe the sword is fantastic.

And the jab is definitely too fast. :) Against certain characters, mainly the giant heavyweights, you can grab and choke them with Ganon's Side B, than press the A button and jab lock them, like Falco's laser lock thingy.

Question: Since this sword is actually an article, is it impossible to add a sword glow to it?
Bummer to hear about the jab lock... it's impossible to add a sword glow because I can't find any of Ganon's external graphics to replace. Otherwise I totally would.

Kinkedo56

Smash Cadet
You can make that slash as slow as his regular attacks but with a dark aura like slash. You know....a speedy Ganondorf may be too broken since he's a power type. Just a suggestion. May look cool with a dark aura slash XP

Watinuki

Smash Rookie
I don't mean to be the the clueless one here, but I don't know how to add wisp after I download him. please help.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
You can make that slash as slow as his regular attacks but with a dark aura like slash. You know....a speedy Ganondorf may be too broken since he's a power type. Just a suggestion. May look cool with a dark aura slash XP
That may be something to consider for Sigma. But, I'm not really looking to balance Sword Ganon -- it's more like a demo for other people to base their PSAs on, and for players to just have fun with.

I don't mean to be the the clueless one here, but I don't know how to add wisp after I download him. please help.
Did you follow these instructions in the OP:

The above links to a zip file. Please extract it and place all three of the files contained into this directory:
SD Card:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\purin

Make sure you have the File Patch 3.5.1 code enabled and working. Other versions may also work.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Actually, now that I've revealed the secret of one of my next PSAs, I should probably call dibs on it before anyone else does.

[collapse=Dibs!]
[/collapse]
plz... you need to do him!!! I love sigma!!! ahhh!!! Eldiran... you will make me download PSA's again!!

since B+ went Final Official 6.0 and ubber owning, I quitted PSA's...

if this is done... downloading PSA's to the max!!!

Shadowserpant

Smash Rookie
i've a question.
i've used zero and everything was perfect. when i took my SD back out and made some more changes, putting the extra zero costumes and CSPs in, etc, and put it back, i ran into an issue.
now, when i play zero, his neutral B won't charge all the way. if i charge it and shoot it, it only shoots the semi charge shots. any idea why?

edit: okay, i figured it out. i didn't realize the "zeroes" pack with the CSPs/battle names/portraits contained an outdated zero pac

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations on getting into the WBR! I hope you'll still have time for your own projects.

Have you thought about what kind of playstyle Sigma will have? In some games he's really fast (X1 and 2 especially) and in others he practically stands still (X4-6). With the saber, I assume you're focusing on X1.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
plz... you need to do him!!! I love sigma!!! ahhh!!! Eldiran... you will make me download PSA's again!!

since B+ went Final Official 6.0 and ubber owning, I quitted PSA's...

if this is done... downloading PSA's to the max!!!
Hopefully I'll corrupt you with PSAs again then :p

However, I think that there's a good chance that Zero 2.0 might distract me. RandomTBush has had mild success extracting models from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom... if we can get Zero out from there, I'll be working on that first.

Eldiran, if you need a playtester for Sigma... well.... I'll find something broken probably.
Thanks for the offer -- odds are I'll take advantage of it, regardless of who I make first.

Congratulations on getting into the WBR! I hope you'll still have time for your own projects.

Have you thought about what kind of playstyle Sigma will have? In some games he's really fast (X1 and 2 especially) and in others he practically stands still (X4-6). With the saber, I assume you're focusing on X1.
Thanks! I am indeed inspired most by his X1 form, though I plan to incorporate aspects of all his other forms. I see Sigma as sort of a balance between Ike and Marth, with sweeping, broad strokes that have power (but not power on an Ike scale). Hopefully he'll also have lots of other tricks up his sleeves.

I'm certain WBR work won't detract from my own projects much; the bigger impedance will be my work at school.

With the saber, he's speedy. Without saber, he's big and uses elements like a giant mage in the background.
There should hopefully be a mix of both throughout.

---

So, since I've (contrary to my usual practice) let slip the character I'm doing, I'm going to be pretty open about his production. I'll post some progress here every now and again, which should keep me motivated to work on it as well as dispel any myths that I'm a decently timely worker :p Also, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for Sigma, I'm sure to consider them.

To start, I'll expose the fact that I don't really have anything done other than attaching a beam saber and making a single custom animation. I have attached the sword to Ganon's left hand, unlike Sword Ganon, so that Sigma can use items along with his sabre (which will be awesome looking when he's got the beam sword).

At this point I am turning over ideas for moves, and wishing I could replace his external graphics with any kind of sword trail.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Possible FS idea? Replace the beast Ganon in FitGanonFinal with a giant head of Ganon or something. Scale up, invisa, and super armor normal Ganon to give giant head Sigma some hurtboxes. Proceed to give him animations and FD-range attacks for as long as you want XD

Kinkedo56

Smash Cadet
Hopefully I'll corrupt you with PSAs again then :p

However, I think that there's a good chance that Zero 2.0 might distract me. RandomTBush has had mild success extracting models from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom... if we can get Zero out from there, I'll be working on that first.
The Tatsunoko VS Capcom I showed you sometime ago has been leaked lol. It just came out. If you want to find the one with Zero find the second game. The first game doesn't have him.

First Game: Tatsunoko VS Capcom Cross Generation of Heroes (Japan Only)

Second Game: Tatsunoko VS Capcom Ultimate All-Stars

For people who don't know

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Possible FS idea? Replace the beast Ganon in FitGanonFinal with a giant head of Ganon or something. Scale up, invisa, and super armor normal Ganon to give giant head Sigma some hurtboxes. Proceed to give him animations and FD-range attacks for as long as you want XD
Hehe, great minds think alike. I've been thinking Beast Ganon becomes Virus Sigma -- i.e. a giant wireframe head. Then he splows stuff up.

Niiice. I am so excited for these to be functional.

Manko91

Smash Cadet
I've got a suprise for you Eldiran , I'm working on a zero form from megaman x command mission for his final smash, so when it's done i'll show you. ;)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I've got a suprise for you Eldiran , I'm working on a zero form from megaman x command mission for his final smash, so when it's done i'll show you. ;)
Oh-ho! If there were such a resource to use in Brawl, then there's no way I could turn it down. Lookin' forward to it.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
With the model from TvC for Zero being worked on, what kind of change would be expected for him? A total rebuild of attacks from the ground up, or something similar to what he is now? The specials are fine but new A-button attacks would be very cool. As would multiple hit slashes like X4 and 5, but that may be hard to implement.

Of course, just getting him to work is only the first step, so it may be a while...No rush, of course. 1.4 is excellent.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
With the model from TvC for Zero being worked on, what kind of change would be expected for him? A total rebuild of attacks from the ground up, or something similar to what he is now? The specials are fine but new A-button attacks would be very cool. As would multiple hit slashes like X4 and 5, but that may be hard to implement.

Of course, just getting him to work is only the first step, so it may be a while...No rush, of course. 1.4 is excellent.
When If When we get Zero's model to work, I am planning a total rebuild. All A attacks will change at least somewhat, though some may retain the original basic idea (such as jab combo, Fsmash, Nair). I expect to keep the Neutral B and probably the Side B doing the same general thing, but other than those the specials will be different.

If I can get multiple hit slashes to work, I totally will.

And yeah... this will definitely take a while, even if it works right away.

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
Hey Eldiran, do you think you and the DLC crew are gonna make Ganon, Wisp, and Manchi more usable? I know you've said that you'd give Zero a shot.
Wait... Are you part of the DLC crew? haha I'm not sure, now that I think about it.

Anyway, that would be awesome. I haven't gotten around to testing Ganon w/ sword, but me and my friends have joked about Ganon using his sword since we got brawl. Hahaha now it's a reality. EPIC.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hey Eldiran, do you think you and the DLC crew are gonna make Ganon, Wisp, and Manchi more usable? I know you've said that you'd give Zero a shot.
Wait... Are you part of the DLC crew? haha I'm not sure, now that I think about it.

Anyway, that would be awesome. I haven't gotten around to testing Ganon w/ sword, but me and my friends have joked about Ganon using his sword since we got brawl. Hahaha now it's a reality. EPIC.
I'm not sure we'll focus on them, actually. Odds are the DLC crew will focus on Zero. Perhaps they'll help me out with Sigma. It's actually up in the air.

I actually am part of the crew, and I'm lookin' forward to working with 'em on Zero. And on anything else we tackle.

Hope you enjoy sword Ganon!

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Behold as I discover an obscure glitch.
If Zero fires off his level 3 charge shot on Wario Ware Inc. Just as he loses a minigame, he will lock up until hit.

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
Hey Eldiran, just wanted to know that I'm really enjoying Zero and look foreword to a new model and other projects of yours.

Regarding the sword Ganon... it's an epic idea, but I'd REALLY like it if his moveset changed more to more accurately portray Ganon wielding a sword like in Twilight Princess, perhaps even a chargeable energy ball like in Ocarina of Time... are there any plans to work on him further? I love the idea of how you have the option of how to fight!

I've always thought that his fighting style in smash was way inaccurate lol

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Behold as I discover an obscure glitch.
If Zero fires off his level 3 charge shot on Wario Ware Inc. Just as he loses a minigame, he will lock up until hit.
Now that's a weird, remote glitch. I applaud your glitch-finding skills.

Hey Eldiran, just wanted to know that I'm really enjoying Zero and look foreword to a new model and other projects of yours.

Regarding the sword Ganon... it's an epic idea, but I'd REALLY like it if his moveset changed more to more accurately portray Ganon wielding a sword like in Twilight Princess, perhaps even a chargeable energy ball like in Ocarina of Time... are there any plans to work on him further? I love the idea of how you have the option of how to fight!

I've always thought that his fighting style in smash was way inaccurate lol
Thanks!

That is a good idea, though I'm afraid it's not something I'm planning. Actually the main reason I released sword Ganon was so that other PSAers could make something like that from it. Personally, I'm planning to make Sigma from him.

Although Sigma may get pushed back if Zero's model comes to fruition.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
When If When we get Zero's model to work, I am planning a total rebuild. All A attacks will change at least somewhat, though some may retain the original basic idea (such as jab combo, Fsmash, Nair). I expect to keep the Neutral B and probably the Side B doing the same general thing, but other than those the specials will be different.

If I can get multiple hit slashes to work, I totally will.

And yeah... this will definitely take a while, even if it works right away.
make it so you can dash cancel in and out of jab... just like in mmx 4-6 ;D

also have there been any changes to b+ zero?

Now that's a weird, remote glitch. I applaud your glitch-finding skills.
this probably happens on stage like pokemon stadium where the floor cancels whatever you are doing when the stage changes

Eldiran

Smash Lord
make it so you can dash cancel in and out of jab... just like in mmx 4-6 ;D

also have there been any changes to b+ zero?

this probably happens on stage like pokemon stadium where the floor cancels whatever you are doing when the stage changes
Hehe, that'd be interesting. I think I should replay those to find out exactly what crazy things to give to Zeros...

Unfortunately I haven't done anything to B+ Zero yet. I should probably do something with 'im...

That seems like a fairly reasonable theory.

Intro1827

Smash Rookie
I'm having a little problem with Wisp. It works fine overall, but Jigglypuff's model is still visible =/ Any ideas on why this happens?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I'm having a little problem with Wisp. It works fine overall, but Jigglypuff's model is still visible =/ Any ideas on why this happens?
Make sure you put all the files from the download into the folder (including the costume). When you want to play as Wisp, make sure you choose Jigglypuff with no hat.

Intro1827

Smash Rookie
Make sure you put all the files from the download into the folder (including the costume). When you want to play as Wisp, make sure you choose Jigglypuff with no hat.
That's what I've been doing. I put all three files in that folder, all of them with their original names, and I've been selecting normal Jigglypuff

EDIT: Oh, wait. Simply resetting my Wii fixed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom