• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Erie Area Weeklies!!!

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
This thursday as in tomorrow? Im game but wouldn't get there til around 6:30 or 7

Also, are you guys gonna choose another permanent day of the week to smash? Like I said earlier I am against Friday cause of Duq, Travis/Stro/Reuben have Frat events on some Fridays and Saturdays, and Onitrof is busy on Friday. So I would have to say Fridays seem out for sure. And picking Saturday is risky cause Travis may be having a party at his place (where we're meeting) (although it'd be fun to party and smash at the same time lol)
Also, people may be against Wednesday because that would be back to back nights of smash in the middle of the school week.

SO by process of elimination, that leaves Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.... (I typically work Tuesdays and some Mondays) So my vote for the other day is Sunday, but I know thats bad for some people, so if Sunday is out, my vote goes to Monday

Which makes good sense if Sunday is out, cause you have all weekend to cram for classes and alot of work is typically due on Mondays. So what better to celebrate getting school sh*t out of the way than some good ole' smash =]

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I think Thursday is our official day as of now. We're gonna start off doing bi-weeklies, and if people can handle their workloads with the smashing then we'll bump it up to weeklies. I think one day of the week is good enough for now.

@ Cave Dweller, get back to me your address, if not , we can smash at my apt, and you guys can swing down here.

My class ends at 3:00 on thursdays, so I'm good to start them around 4:00 till whenever

Cave Dweller

Smash Apprentice
Details for First Biweekly!

Biweeklies will be held at MY HOUSE on Thursday nights. These are starting TOMORROW, 9/22/11. I imagine that we may end up heading up to Edinboro here and there just so those guys don't have to drive every time, but at least for this week, my place is where its going down. Here is my address:

747 Baldwin St, Meadville, PA 16335 (it is close to a business called the Head Shed just for reference, parking is available on Baldwin St.)

We will be getting started at 8PM because I have a late class on Thursdays but I'm good to be up all ****ing night if people want to stay. We can work it out in later weeks so that people can arrive and play earlier if they would like to, but let's just go with 8pm for this week for simplicity's sake.

We currently have two CRT TVs available for smash at my house, and one (probably two) setups. Feel free to bring more if you'd like, we can find room for it. I do not have any setups for Brawl/64, so supply your own if you'd like to play those.

Feel free to call/text me with any questions: 724-889-6949

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Sweet. . . . I'll bring a setup and a tv. Let's do this Erie!!!!!!!! For future reference, if anyone feels 8 is too late to start then you can come at my place at 4 and then I could drive a party of 5 over to cave dwellers once 7:30 rolls around, but as mentioned previously, I'm sure we'll be switching the smashing venue from CD's to my place on various frequencies. Anyone seeking this option just hit me up.

105 Green Oaks Dr. Edinboro, PA 16412 Apt. 101

It's just gonna drive me crazy to wait til 8 :X I wanna smash sooooooo bad

Cave Dweller

Smash Apprentice
Sweet. . . . I'll bring a setup and a tv. Let's do this Erie!!!!!!!! For future reference, if anyone feels 8 is too late to start then you can come at my place at 4 and then I could drive a party of 5 over to cave dwellers once 7:30 rolls around, but as mentioned previously, I'm sure we'll be switching the smashing venue from CD's to my place on various frequencies. Anyone seeking this option just hit me up.

105 Green Oaks Dr. Edinboro, PA 16412 Apt. 101

It's just gonna drive me crazy to wait til 8 :X I wanna smash sooooooo bad
Good ****, a third setup will be nice to have. I wish we could get started earlier too, but alas, the man is dragging me down :/

Vudujin

Smash Lord
HOLY CRAP PITTSBURGH!!!! This is in Erie. As in ONE AND A HALF HOURS NORTH OF YOU!!!! I'm at school, buddy. This is the Erie area smash bi-weekly. Once again, you're welcome to come up here, but it's not really worth the drive since you have duq

Vudujin

Smash Lord
yeah, I'll be back on the 7th through the 9th.

Carroll: Are you guys coming up the friday before Kitty's?

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Yeah Ill prob be coming up earlier for the next biweekly like around 4 but not this one til 7:30.... and I was under the impression that biweekly = twice a week? Dam well whatever is fine. If they're on Thursday then Ill be there every week anyway to smash with the allegheny crew.

EDIT: apparently biweekly can either mean twice a week or every two weeks. Dam English language

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Yeah it's every two weeks. I'll be down to smash with you every thursday. I had 5 classes when I started the thread and I dropped one cause the workload was huge, but now I have a lot more time. We can start at 4 every week too. We can all talk it over tonight when were playing at CD's to get everyone on the same page.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Travis I don't know if you have class til 7:30 again, but I could get there at 4 anyway and set everything up (assuming your roomates don't need that room)...

Cave Dweller

Smash Apprentice
Travis I don't know if you have class til 7:30 again, but I could get there at 4 anyway and set everything up (assuming your roomates don't need that room)...
Yeah I do have late class again, but that should be fine. We don't have cable, and I don't envision any of them watching a movie at 4pm on Thursday lol.

I'll post about this later, but I'm down for another gathering (perhaps this can be weekly rather than biweekly??) this Thursday at 8pm. Let me know if there isn't any interest in doing this (particularly the Edinboro guys). Either way, Steve will likely come up and Stro and Reuben are always around, so we will prob be smashing regardless.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I'll be down!!!!

Can I come earlier to play RoH?

8 p.m. is killin' me

Weeklies totally work too

Cave Dweller

Smash Apprentice
I'll be down!!!!

Can I come earlier to play RoH?

8 p.m. is killin' me

Weeklies totally work too
For sure man. If all goes well this week, I'll be able to chill and play a little before my class as well. But we'll see. Regardless, you're welcome to come early.

Cave Dweller

Smash Apprentice
Next Weekly Gathering!

Biweeklies will be held at MY HOUSE on Thursday nights. These are starting TOMORROW, 9/22/11. I imagine that we may end up heading up to Edinboro here and there just so those guys don't have to drive every time, but at least for this week, my place is where its going down. Here is my address:

747 Baldwin St, Meadville, PA 16335 (it is close to a business called the Head Shed just for reference, parking is available on Baldwin St.)

We will be getting started at 8PM because I have a late class on Thursdays but I'm good to be up all ****ing night if people want to stay. We can work it out in later weeks so that people can arrive and play earlier if they would like to, but let's just go with 8pm for this week for simplicity's sake.

We currently have two CRT TVs available for smash at my house, and one (probably two) setups. Feel free to bring more if you'd like, we can find room for it. I do not have any setups for Brawl/64, so supply your own if you'd like to play those.

Feel free to call/text me with any questions: 724-889-6949
What up y'all? Quoted above is the information for the next meeting. We are once again meeting at my house on Thursday, 9/29/11. Feel free to arrive and play at 4pm. I cannot be there til 8pm, but others will be there at 4pm. Address is listed above. Setup and contact information hasn't changed. See you there, if you're man enough.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
So yeah Ill be there by 4:15 at the latest. Gotta work on the falcon MU with Jiggz and ICs.

In case you guys don't have my number, you can text or call @ 724-681-2527

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
You can rest out of a mis spaced down throw knee. I seen/done it many a times.

:phone:
DI toward his nipples
So di towards him and up.... then hope he aims for a little behind you, doesn't get the knee out in time, and rest??

I've actually never done this before. I also have seen this done with a mis spaced Sheik fair after a downthrow. But the problem is, Naka doesn't mis space his **** knees. ever.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
No weeklies today. I know Travis said he was busy, and I have a load of work to do as well. Back in business next Thursday.

-G'Day!!!!!

Cave Dweller

Smash Apprentice
@Vudu Where do you wanna have this next weekly? I am fine hosting again, but I am also fine driving up to Edinboro if you and Zig don't feel like making the trip. Its up to you.

@R0H I'm down to record stuff, hopefully my laptop can handle it. Fingers crossed.

Cave Dweller

Smash Apprentice
Awesome. I prob won't be able to leave until around 730 or 8, but I'll head up as soon as I get back. Hopefully Stro and/or Reuben will want to make the trip also, but we'll see.
And Steve, just grab my laptop and start trying stuff if I'm not around when you arrive.

Top Bottom