• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone should play League of Legends

_kSo_

Smash Master
not a fan of TT at all. SR is a lot more team-oriented and a lot more fun. I can see tt being easier in solo queue though, kuz if you get a kill-obsessed disoriented player on your team that never groups up, it's pretty much over.

Of course on tt, this could be an issue, too, but if one person gets jumped by 3, chances are the other 2 are pushing the opposite lane harder. Leavers would be a huge problem for 3v3 though haha

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
TT is all Arranged Team I think, no solo queue to the best of my knowledge.

I'll pretty much 2 man with whoever till I get my ELO back where it should be on SR. I trust someone I can yell at on forums more than your average run of the mill shmuck who bans Pantheon and Akali, then first picks Evelyn :p.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Yeah, TT is all arranged. I actually prefer SR too, but I don't have four others that are on often enough and coordinated enough to do a 5-man premade. I play with the same team in 3v3 throughout.

IMO getting a stray player killed in TT is much more damaging than it would in SR, the map is so small that unless the other team gave you a head start, you wouldn't be able to push that much at all if your teammate got ganked until the other team came and defended/killed you 3 on 2. Creep control is also more emphasized in 3v3s since they'd give the team needed extra power to win team fights handily.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
ranked is new to this patch and that requirement is simply a requirement for the draft mode assosiated with ranked play.

each team bans 2 heroes, then you do draft picks. If you only had 13, 4 of them got banned, the other 9 got picked and you had the last pick, you wouldn't be able to play. Just stock up on 450 IP champs when you can and it should be fine.

ranked play isn't all that fun anyway. low ELO games are... painful... to say the least.

ook

Smash Lord
Yeah, I see. I was playing ranked games earlier in the week though, so either there were more free champs then, or they just didn't think of that.
But yeah, you're right... being stuck at 1200 ELO sucks lol
Every time I win a game or two, I always seem to get a terrible team next game....

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
well, yea, say you have like, amumu, annie, alistar, and akali unlocked and none of them were free last week. you'd have those 4 + the 10 free ones available.

then they switch the champ rotation and amumu is now one of the 10 free ones. then you only have 13 available champs because of the overlap, so you need to buy someone else to play ranked. Sucks, but makes sense :p.

_kSo_

Smash Master
low ELO games are... painful... to say the least.
you have no idea......and it's probably been a while for you, too

My ranking for solo queue just went down, down, down....as soon as i got a 5 game losing streak, it just wouldn't end because my ranking was so bad that i just kept getting queued with dumb people.....why just the other day i had a malphite who went dps, a taric who didn't run clarity, and an ezreal who told me that we shouldn't focus people kuz then the rest of the team kills us. Apparently "that's not how the game works, bro"

I almost punched a wall

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
duo queueing is the trick to solo queueing at low ELO. I've been queueing with some Italian guy i don't even know who's well below my ELO range, but he's competent and plays a lot when I play, so it still beats the hell out of going in there with 4 Russian Roulette chambers for a feeder/leaver/scrub.

that and whoring horrifically OP champs (4 times, no one has banned Heimer, 4 free wins for me, w00t w00t!).

_kSo_

Smash Master
riot categorizes their heroes incorrectly in some cases. there are only a few heroes I've seen that are used differently and still work like AD/AP ezreal, considering her AP ratios were shot to hell recently.

And I still see people playing janna and going DPS. It makes me cry inside.

the most common bans I've seen are heimer, soraka (both of whom I usually ban when i'm captain), shaco and shen

I also see xin zhao banned a lot. I haven't gotten the chance to play him yet, but he looks pretty beast

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Ezreal's a girl?

First time I played with xin, got an instant killing spree after I got first blood. He's a broken *** hero, every hit decreases your cd time when you activate W, wtf. Pop up does more damage each hit connects, ult doing damage based on your hp. Full hp you go down to half, then if Garen is with you and he ults that hero is dead lol.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Xin is what n00bs imagine Jax to be. He's a hard melee carry that you simply cannot let get farmed up or he will rapestroy your team. he sucks at jungling though, lol. I wouldn't say he's imbalanced though... all the good support heroes (Soraka, Taric, Kayle) and the truly imbas (Heimer and Shaco) are definitely better than he.

He looks monstrous when fed though. :laugh:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
The only broken thing about X, in my opinion, is that his dash slows people. He didn't have that in the TR and seemed much more balanced in that form. Why would they give a character with a very strong damage output (natural AND scaling with items) 2 forms of CC? What sense does that make?

Solo queue is garbage. My buddies I queue with are 1500+ in solo, and even they can't drag me out of baddies. But thats why nobody really cares about Solo. AT is where its at. I'm currently ranked #125 with a 1538 ELO, and I'm only playing a few games a day <3

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I just get really depressed that:
a) my champ got **** on
b) I see people I used to run into in normal queue in top 10 ladders, while I'm stuck slumming my way slowly up the rankings each day after work :urg:. oh well, eventually I'll abuse my way back to a reasonable ELO.

I'm still sore that I used to play with and against the Dan Dihns and Elementzs and L0CUSTs and Shhadows of the LoL world and now I have to put up with people banning Olaf and Twitch and then first picking Yi and crap.

_kSo_

Smash Master
The only broken thing about X, in my opinion, is that his dash slows people. He didn't have that in the TR and seemed much more balanced in that form. Why would they give a character with a very strong damage output (natural AND scaling with items) 2 forms of CC? What sense does that make?

Solo queue is garbage. My buddies I queue with are 1500+ in solo, and even they can't drag me out of baddies. But thats why nobody really cares about Solo. AT is where its at. I'm currently ranked #125 with a 1538 ELO, and I'm only playing a few games a day <3
I can't find a consistent 5-man. my group is down to 3 reliable ppl...we used to have 4 but he is never available

also just played a game where nasus was being an annoying bitttchhhh

mogwai, have you seen someone ban eve yet? it was ******** he then first picked mundo and took heal and revive

i think he was trollin

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I've yet to see those two banned actually.
that's because you'd have to be braindead to not ban from the following pool of characters:

Heimer
Shaco
Soraka
Taric
Kayle
Ezreal
Xin Zhao
Shen

And honestly I think the frequent Shen bans are a waste... I at least get that people would ban Xin because at low ELOs he tends to get fed and romp around, but Shen is just so much less abusive than Taric and Kayle, yet he gets banned about 5 times as frequently in my experience.

EDIT: kso, yea I did, I would say it was painful, but I got a 7th pick heimer or something stupid so I got the free win anyway.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
that's because you'd have to be braindead to not ban from the following pool of characters:

Heimer
Shaco
Soraka
Taric
Kayle
Ezreal
Xin Zhao
Shen

And honestly I think the frequent Shen bans are a waste... I at least get that people would ban Xin because at low ELOs he tends to get fed and romp around, but Shen is just so much less abusive than Taric and Kayle, yet he gets banned about 5 times as frequently in my experience.

EDIT: kso, yea I did, I would say it was painful, but I got a 7th pick heimer or something stupid so I got the free win anyway.
You need Janna on that list.

The most frequent bans I see are:
1. Shaco
2. Heimer
3. Shen
4. Soraka
5. Xin
6. Taric
7. Janna
8. Kayle

Those are roughly in order of frequency, although Xin has been slowly rising since his release.

_kSo_

Smash Master
i honestly have only seen 2 good tarics EVER. one was me ^_^ hehe, but seriously, I at least don't go DPS taric...oh god...

not trying to be cocky, but that's the truth.

I don't waste bans on taric because for some reason no one in my ELO knows how to play him. Im pretty sure i've seen more DPS tarics than support tarics. no one seems to want to go support...

most people are just kill-obsessed non-team-oriented dumb@sses who think they are rambo

mogwai i'll hit you up on skype next time i see you and we'll double queue ranked. i gotta get my ELO up too. im still negative from that last losing streak with random scrubs

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Pendragon is SO BAD. We just utterly wiped the floor with his face. He threatened to ban me at the beginning for playing Scuba Gragas, which was hilarious (he thought I was using the skin bug).

_kSo_

Smash Master
he's high tier, really really underappreciated. he's like a Xin Zhao who isn't as powerful when fed, but is more robust during laning and is one of the better 1v2 champs. not gonna lie, I have a bit of a broner for Nasus.
hmm thats good to hear. he seems to have really good farming abilities and has decent damage output. I'll probably learn him if he is considered high tier.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
In a game where tiers constantly shift due to changes in patches, new items, metagame shifts, etc. its better to be familiar with a slew of different characters while specializing in 1 or 2. Its generally best (at least at first) if you just learn a couple of strong champions of a certain class so that when you get people to premake with they will invite you when they need your class.

For example, in my high ELO games I play tanks or off-tanks, while occasionally playing support (Janna/Soraka) or caster (Heimer/Annie) as needed. And whenever possible, I play Gragas to fill a specific hole in the team.

_kSo_

Smash Master
In a game where tiers constantly shift due to changes in patches, new items, metagame shifts, etc. its better to be familiar with a slew of different characters while specializing in 1 or 2. Its generally best (at least at first) if you just learn a couple of strong champions of a certain class so that when you get people to premake with they will invite you when they need your class.

For example, in my high ELO games I play tanks or off-tanks, while occasionally playing support (Janna/Soraka) or caster (Heimer/Annie) as needed. And whenever possible, I play Gragas to fill a specific hole in the team.
true, true, I've been trying to branch out in the number of characters I play, but I'm mostly playing caster (fiddles) and tank (cho/alistar) with the occasional support (taric). I'm also familiar with ashe, but I don't use her too often, as the position of physical carry is usually already filled.

Top Bottom