• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

ThePrime

Smash Lord
SO THATS WHAT THE P STANDS FOR!!!!

also, what does samus have to punish marth's landing lag effectively when she is on the edge?
dair to sweet spot bair

and yes, marths get ***** by DA and grabs no joke. Lower level marths are just hilarious to beat now since they get mad that their marth-y spacing tricks just get stuffed by samus' football tackle. Just get outtta hea

DarrellD

Smash Ace
I want to do Sampson dittos!!!!!

I've unlocked the key to tapping sheik :)
Ftilt 4 lfe

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Charge shot of course, it's the best for long range, causes decent knockback damage, and not to mention it looks cool.

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Sheiks are never really far away from you unless they're needle camping and in that case, charge shot kind of sucks. Spaced tilts and not getting grabbed are probably the key to the match up.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
Getting a D-Throw into practically inescapable Charge Shot on Sheik is very satisfying.
Can't they just DI away and not tech? Or maybe I'm thinking incorrectly... also does anyone use the extender much? I've recently started using it more in spacie MUs and a few times vs Marth.

EDIT: I meant tech roll towards you... I think even if you WD back they end up behind you.
Double EDIT: What if you turn around and shoot behind you if you read the tech towards you...?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
getting the extender is the hard part. TBH i think more samus players should option select the extender command during any [wiffed] grab. If for some reason you happen to get your shield out or something, you suddenly gained the extender for free

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
getting the extender is the hard part. TBH i think more samus players should option select the extender command during any [wiffed] grab. If for some reason you happen to get your shield out or something, you suddenly gained the extender for free
I seem to get extender every single time I do it... I've started falling grab off the respawn platform and getting extender while in the air... That way it is unpunishable due to invincibility.

EDIT: I wanted to add this edit to talk about what I've done with the extender... punish spotdodging the grab, dthrow chain grab spacies (if they tech that is), punishing marth's get up attack... etc.

Violence

Smash Lord
I've thought about it.

The key is mostly not to get into the trap of overusing it.

I think that's the weakness of us Samus players in general, we get enamoured with how good a move is and use it too much, then get punished for it.

The key is to know when it's a good idea to use it and when isn't.

Getting it out is easy as ****, I can get it out faster than charging a shot, just full hop grapple, input. Usually done off of invincibility.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Oh right you can do it in the air, too. I always forget about that. What is the exact input for it, i dont practice much but i dont get it very consistently

Violence

Smash Lord
As long as you have A Down Up Down(on d pad) A in sequence, it will work.

It doesn't matter if it's A Down B Up A Cstick Left Down A, it will recognize it.

The common way is to tap A over and over while rotating the dpad. Very easy.

Darrell, I'm coming down for the next ITT. Show me your kung fu.

Pi

Smash Hero
idk about the extender man
grabs are split second decisions you make, and having to tap A when the grapple is on top of your opponent, with windows in which A won't work, seems like an added difficulty to an already risky move to be throwing out

Extended grab

Total: 94
Grab: 18-41 or 42-57 or 59-94
You must press A during the grab
window to start grabbing; the grab
will continue the remainder of the
grab window . The grab-box is larger
until and including the last frame
before a big flash in the beam (for
the first grab window only)

Flashes: 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36, 39
Press L to home in
so if you press A during the first window (18-41), and it wouldn't grab until the second window(42-57), you won't grab your opponent
and also i guess you just can't grab on frame 58, seems wierd, at least that's how i'm assuming it works

idk if mashing A would work, but i know i've pressed A when it was like on top of them and not grabbed them so idk..

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Name search + violence = i see everything

I never use the extender cause i dont want to miss lol. The extender just gives you more confidence to grab when you probably should shield pressure or something. If you grab as samus, its because you KNOW their going to shield for a second longer than they should.

Violence

Smash Lord
Damn, Darrell name searches me. I dunno whether to take it as a compliment or get creeped the **** out.

Anyways, I have a few new tricks to show you, hopefully some of them are useful. Comp training can end up making you worse, after all.

DarrellD

Smash Ace
No lol I meant I name searched my name and it happened to be in your post haha. My Kung Fu has been reformed. Your going to like what you see, I guarantee it

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I found out why sh nair mc is "harder" to do than other aerials. Nair IASA is fr 40 but you can't interrupt aerials with specials, meaning you have to wait until frame 50 and then on frame 51 input a smash missile.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If you do nair on the first frame you leave the ground and do smash missile on the first frame after nair, you only do about 5 frames of the arm moving out but no missile comes out, and I don't think the SFX plays either.

Geist

Smash Master
Well falcon is a fastfaller, so Samus actually has some decent combos on him. Falcon however, can really punish samus for being too hasty. I'd recommend to keep your spacing up, and on hit confirm attempt to follow up. Uthrow also combos into charge beam, yayuzz.

Tilts are good in matchup, especially dtilt imo

Top Bottom