• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Wow no activity??? What happened to this thread.....

As of now, I want my character to look metal when he becomes metal.
After looking through the characters, I see a reference in Textures1 in normal characters that points to the texture Metal00.

Also, there seems to be Materials that are named similarly but have Ext_Mtl at the end of them.

Has anyone successfully edited or added materials in anyway?

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Well, I finally got myself a capture card, so I decided to showcase what little I have done with Mew! :bee:

Watch it here!

As stated in the description, I will be working on anOTHER project *hint hint hint hint hint* and so I may not get as much time to work on this, considering I haven't had much time in the first place. So yeah.

For those curious, the OTHER project can be seen HERE.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I like what you've done with Mew so far, Gamma_Ridley, with maybe the exception of the crawl/crouch, which just look...a little odd haha. Also, no arm bones?

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I like what you've done with Mew so far, Gamma_Ridley, with maybe the exception of the crawl/crouch, which just look...a little odd haha. Also, no arm bones?
Thanks! The crawling thang DOES look like poop. :laugh: I'll replace it with something eventually.

And yeah, there are I think three bones in each arm, I just dont like animating them because of the fact that it can get all weird. The angles are kinda strange, and rotating them yields weird results. So I just kinda leave 'em be.

dark sonic 15

Smash Journeyman
i am going to do someing big finishing off unfinish Projects that i well do myself no help need:

1 is Ridley over Alloy Green

2 is Master Hand over Alloy Red

i well start with Ridley and i well stop makeing Threads for anything i do

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
I'm still working on Isaac, just that I'm porting him over link, I already made/ported his sword and his "Move Psynergy" attack.

PD: I'll upload pics and progress when I get the sword over all the animations.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I can't believe it worked.
Using the now unused SpecialNSpin Subaction/action, I managed to add a new aerial that activates when the A + B buttons are pressed at the same time.
Basically a BNair or ABNair.

Wait... has this been done before???

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
Don't worry, it's normal to think I stopped the project because I didn't posted anything about it in a while, but I was searching for porting info and PSA hackers, now the project is going really well (BTW starwaffle, melic67 is no longer working on this, now Maverick-Pro is helping me, hi is really good in PSA)

Here's a pic of an early stage of the move psynergy attack, it replaces the arrow of link.

Maverick-Pro is working to make it so the Hand goes slower, doesn't have gravity (so it only goes horizontal), add a pushing effect like Mario's F.L.U.D.D., and make it so it doesn't stick to the ground.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Yes, we are working on making him fully playable in Brawl. I believe changing the physics of Link's arrows require hexing. I'm sure there is a page around this site that explains that into more detail.

Does anyone know of how to make imports have the ability to grab items? I think it has something to do with bone count, but I am not 100% sure.

We're not going to post a download link until a real beta can be completed with Isaac holding a sword with a good amount of custom animations and/or attacks.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know of how to make imports have the ability to grab items? I think it has something to do with bone count, but I am not 100% sure.
Does he have an animation for waiting with an item? WaitItem specifically.

Perhaps I may be grossly oversimplifying things here, but I think an animation there is required at the very least to not completely freeze over.

Perhaps. That's how I got Mew to be able to hold items. It won't affect where the item ends up, unfortunately.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
There is a requirement.
The number of Issac's bones must be more than the replaced character's HaveN that's used to grab items.
I think Link uses his right hand for items, so check the index. If it's less than Issac last bone index, he can grab items.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
so you've put Issac over Link? Issac has 41 original bones (which is suprisingly high for a non-fighter model), and Link's first HaveN is 39. but you say he can't pick up items? odd. all i could suggest then is to put him over someone else if you want him to hold items.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The first HaveN is for his left hand. Since it's link, it must to be more than his right. His right hand's index is 67.

Hmm.... why don't you try something for me?

Get Tabuu and open your .pac.

Open it, load Link's model and go to this path in the picture.

The sixth boneref points to the HaveN the character uses. Change it to Issac's HaveN bone and test. Does it stop freezing when items are picked up???

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
Well, I think the problem is than Isaac doesn't has a HaveN bone, here's a pic of the BoneRef tree of Isaac:

Do you have any idea why?

PD: I'm not really good with tabuu so I could be missing something.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Since you are putting him over Link, you have to load Link's model first.
Wait what????
Issac has NO haveN bone???
Then change the boneref to a bone that isn't an extra bone, like his right hand or something.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Wait what????
Then change the boneref to a bone that isn't an extra bone, like his right hand or something.
Good idea.
Some characters have some unused bones that you may use here, maybe that can help.
Azelf and the others have like 10 unused bones, they do nothing.
I think I'll give up on Mesprit and Uxie, but Azelf is awesome.

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
Wait what????
For some reason tabuu doesn't let me save the file when I change the boneref to his left hand.
It just says "Tabuu stopped working"

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
Well I changed it in hex mode and now it looks like this:

It still freezes whenever Isaac tries to pic up an item anyway...

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Oh. Then Issac doesn't have enough normal bones.
The only solution is to try putting him over someone else, or try to play without items.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I usually just play without items besides the Smash Ball anyway since a lot of my characters are imports. Maybe eventually someone can fix the item glitch. Thanks btw for your discovery of fixing the shield and grab glitches, Eternal Yoshi. It's helped me with a lot of my (and other people's) projects.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Get hype people.
My Azelf Alpha is here.
It has almost all moves complete, and it looks awesome.
It has all six textures: Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Celebi, Jirachi and Mew.
It has a complete pack of sound effects, however, no announcer or wiimote yet.
It's awesome.
WARNING: NEVER GRAB AZELF, THE GAME FREEZES IF YOU GRAB HIM.
AZEEEEELF
Enjoy!
(I think I have to fix the hurtboxes a little bit more.)
~Shining Ace

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Well, I made a little bit of progress on Mew today. No video this time, and probably not until I get my laptop in (maybe) a week. But I do have a download.

OMG progress

Includes SOME new animations, along with an enlargened but not properly placed shield and sketchy hurtboxes.

Oh, and be sure to download FitPikachuMotionEtc v0.2 to get the new stuff. I'm only keeping v0.1 in there in case I need to backtrack.

If you have solutions to my problems, feel free to fix them.

And thanks to Snoopy for the Tabuu tutorial, it really helps if you're stuck. :)

~~~EDIT~~~
Wow, no activity huh? Well, I just wanted to show what else I may be working on...

Torizo!

Ummmm yeah! I may or may not keep him over Samus, I'm not sure... I'm only doing so for the sake of simplicity (I DO NOT want to have to deal with bone-adding...)

This project will probably take priority over Mew, as I don't seem to have the same motivation to work on something from a series I have no interest in. And, well, Metroid fits with me just fine! :bee:

That is not, I repeat, NOT to say I am dropping Mew... because I'm not. In fact, I'ma go put in some work on it right now.

Anyway, I'm going to include a download so I can ask a question.

Test me!

If you test him, I'm sure you'll notice something... "wrong" with his body. I think it may have something to do with his Stgdxzebesbirdman bone. Yeah, that's a bone. I'm assuming that it has something to do with connecting Birdman to STGDXZEBES. :chuckle: Anyone know how to fix that?

Other than that, he's pretty funny to play with. :laugh:

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Well... in case anybody's still keeping up with this thread, I finally got a video of Mew version 2 up.

Watch me!

This is an update of my previous post, and since I had yet to make a video of version 2, I didn't just want to skip right to 3...

In other words, disregard that last download and get this one. :laugh:

OMG more progress

I wonder what's for dinner...

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
cool, so mew will be levitating all the time? also why are you using that old mewtwo EWWWWWW

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
cool, so mew will be levitating all the time? also why are you using that old mewtwo EWWWWWW
Yup! That's the idea.

Crap, that reminds me, I forgot to show the entrance.....

And there's a new version of Mewtwo?!? I was unaware of this!

dark sonic 15 said:
Gamma Ridley@ i well test it for you :)
Oh, you don't have to, I just said that because of how silly it is to play with it. :laugh: To be honest, I don't think I'll be working on Torizo until there's some way to reconstruct a model's bone structure. And who knows when that'll happen. Or maybe it did happen, and I'm just unaware of it.

joem3693

Smash Apprentice
the new version of mewtwo is on brawlvault on the kcmm website,it lookd exactly like mewtwo from melee pretty much.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Well, I made a little bit of progress on Mew today. No video this time, and probably not until I get my laptop in (maybe) a week. But I do have a download.

OMG progress

Includes SOME new animations, along with an enlargened but not properly placed shield and sketchy hurtboxes.

Oh, and be sure to download FitPikachuMotionEtc v0.2 to get the new stuff. I'm only keeping v0.1 in there in case I need to backtrack.

If you have solutions to my problems, feel free to fix them.

And thanks to Snoopy for the Tabuu tutorial, it really helps if you're stuck. :)

~~~EDIT~~~
Wow, no activity huh? Well, I just wanted to show what else I may be working on...

*birdman*

Torizo!

Ummmm yeah! I may or may not keep him over Samus, I'm not sure... I'm only doing so for the sake of simplicity (I DO NOT want to have to deal with bone-adding...)

This project will probably take priority over Mew, as I don't seem to have the same motivation to work on something from a series I have no interest in. And, well, Metroid fits with me just fine! :bee:

That is not, I repeat, NOT to say I am dropping Mew... because I'm not. In fact, I'ma go put in some work on it right now.

Anyway, I'm going to include a download so I can ask a question.

Test me!

If you test him, I'm sure you'll notice something... "wrong" with his body. I think it may have something to do with his Stgdxzebesbirdman bone. Yeah, that's a bone. I'm assuming that it has something to do with connecting Birdman to STGDXZEBES. :chuckle: Anyone know how to fix that?

Other than that, he's pretty funny to play with. :laugh:
hope you can get him work, I tried him but he was very messy o.o

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
*kicks Tumbleweed of foot*

I'm here to tell SWF that V3 of Gray Fox is out.

It also may be the LAST RELEASE OF HIM OVER METAKNIGHT.

I'm starting to think that the OP went to go.....
Fanfare

*Snifffff*SAVE THE WORLD!

Top Bottom