• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Favorite Zelda Game Poll

What is your favorite Zelda Game?

• Total voters

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Ok OoT has to be the best. It's storyline is the best. It's gameplay is the best. It's a challenge for any Zelda gamer. Question: Has anyone ever beaten a Zelda game without a guide?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Ok OoT has to be the best. It's storyline is the best. It's gameplay is the best. It's a challenge for any Zelda gamer. Question: Has anyone ever beaten a Zelda game without a guide?
I always beat Zelda games without a guide the first time through.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I've only used guides exceedingly sparingly, especially for Zelda games. I know that I'm more than capable of doing it on my own without help. I used a guide in OoT for one part where it turned out I was doing the right thing, just the wrong way. Also, for a couple Skulltulas. In MM, I used it only for getting the All-Night Mask. But after the first use in OoT, where I realized that I shouldn't have needed it at all, I decided not to use them for the main quest. For hidden side quest collections, I don't mind, if I'm running out of ideas on where to look and stuff.

I only have guides for OoT, MM, OoX, and PH. I never even used the OoX and PH ones; all my guides were given to me by my parents when they gave me the games. Actually, I did use the OoX ones for rings, but I never bothered catching them all. Too tedious and not very exciting. I only went for ones I wanted. But I did like my OoT guide. I'd read it like a book (after I beat the game of course). It had a nice summary of the series to date too, which drove me to want the rest of the games. Now I do. :D

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Guides take away that sense of smartness that comes from solving one of the puzzles in the game. I try not to use them. I didn't use one on OoT, but I did on Majora's Mask trying to fill up the Bombers' Notebook.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Guides take away that sense of smartness that comes from solving one of the puzzles in the game. I try not to use them. I didn't use one on OoT, but I did on Majora's Mask trying to fill up the Bombers' Notebook.
I use player's guides only when I really need to. I never go straight to a player's guide, unless I'm absolutely clueless of what to do next. And in most cases, I still try not to use one.

You still need to play through WW, though, Falcon. It's one of the best Zeldas; you just can't stay a Zelda fan and not play it. :)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I use guides for extra things like Heartpieces.

Back in the day I got stuck as **** in Great Bay Temple in MM, so I looked up a guide but it didn't help because I was so confused. I ended up figuring it out on my own.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
You bet I have.

The only game I needed to use a guide in to beat was Wind Waker because well...I just had trouble with the Triforce Shard part.

Either I suck at Zelda or I was being lazy. I'm not usually lazy when it comes to Zelda games either. For all the temples I take the time to really look around it, maybe find the hidden stuff the first time through. The water temple is still my favorite and I had the most fun in it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Last time I used a guide was an online one for TP to solve the last puzzle before venturing along the northward path to the boss lair. It was in the big, main room that branches in four directions and you had to descend from the cage-room built into the ceiling with one clawshot and then latch onto some bulb thing prairie-dogging from another point in the ceiling so your weight pulls it down further, stopping the wind turbine and allowing further passage.

I was mad with myself for looking up how to solve it, but I simply could not do it. At that point, I appreciated the difficulty level in TP and realized that it only seemed easy because I had solved just about every type of puzzle I was faced with before in previous games. At that point, it felt like something I had never done, which is why I'm incredibly excited for Zelda Wii and it's Wii Motion Plus-based control scheme, because we're going to be faced with many puzzles never before seen in the video game world.

7 years

Smash Rookie
Majora's Mask always kept me at the edge of my seat. The game introduces you to so many troubled characters which lead to even deeper tasks to help that person.

DUB

Smash Lord
Majora's Mask always kept me at the edge of my seat. The game introduces you to so many troubled characters which lead to even deeper tasks to help that person.

The Bombers Notebook was brilliant. All of the side quests for masks were brilliant. This is my favorite game of all time. It's good to see OoT and MM are still 1 and 2.

rhan

Smash Hero
I think it's funny how none of the GB/DS Legend of Zelda's get no love. They haven't broken double digits like the Console ones.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I think it's funny how none of the GB/DS Legend of Zelda's get no love. They haven't broken double digits like the Console ones.
From what I hear, OoX gets lots of respect. IGN gave them both scores of 10/10. I don't understand why they're so low on the poll. Chances are, the GB games are everyone's second-favorite.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Don't confuse "favorites" with "I like only this one". Console Zelda may me by #1 favorite, but that doesn't mean I hate the rest. I love the Gameboy Zelda. :)

Scott!

Smash Lord
Exactly. I almost voted for LA, just to give it the support it wasn't getting, but I knew that would be inaccurate, which is why I voted OoT. I love LA more than possibly any Zelda game other than OoT, but that still means I vote for OoT.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I never played FSA, but I would love to go back and give it a whirl.

I'm glad I voted for OoA, but I can't say for sure it's my favorite. I have absolutely wonderful memories from that game (never played OoS, which I bet would beat it outright), but I'm sure if I voted in another poll, I'd go for OoT, MM, WW, or TP.

Realmz

Smash Apprentice
From what I hear, OoX gets lots of respect. IGN gave them both scores of 10/10. I don't understand why they're so low on the poll. Chances are, the GB games are everyone's second-favorite.
Well yeah. OoX were my favorite handheld Zeldas by far, but I say that having never beaten Links Awakening, or even gotten a quarter ways through it :( I lost it a long time ago.

Just because some of the other games aren't getting votes doesn't mean they aren't getting any love from all the voters (with the exception of Tingles Rosey Rupeeland). The problem is that most consider console/console game >>>>> Handheld/Handheld game. While that may be technically true, most people don't take the time to analyze what may be truly better to them because of that general consequence we've lived with in gaming for so long. Of course, there're some people who have perfectly legitimate reasons to like them better, and the same can be said vice versa.

Rofl, I sound like such a geek sometimes.

Note: Cool avatar, Spire. I think we're apparently equally hyped for Spirit Tracks, no?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Note: Cool avatar, Spire. I think we're apparently equally hyped for Spirit Tracks, no?
FIVE DAYS. Already reserved, hyped, and ready for it to hit. I'm really excited for it (far more than I was for PH, which I cast offhand even prior to its release). I saw PH as "just another handheld Zelda like FS and TMC", but it brought a lot to the table. It didn't exactly fare well, but it introduced enough for a sequel to be made on the same engine, so I'm highly anticipative.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No one but me voted Four Swords Adventures...
I guess no one else played it, didn't even get a mention.
I played it, and to be honest, it's one of my least favorite Zelda games. Of course, I love Zelda games, so that's not to say I dislike it; but it wasn't too difficult (one of my friends literally rented it and beat it in 7 days), for one. One of my biggest gripes is that it's nearly impossible to do multiplayer given that you need 4 GBA-GC cables and 4 GBAs.

It certainly isn't a bad game, though I would say it's one of the weaker Zelda games.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
>.>

lol @ me voting for LoZ, ah well. Wow I didn't expect MM to be 2nd, and for TP to be nearly tied w/WW, it pales in comparison to me. OoT for the win though, that I'd expect. ALttP needs more rep though.

<.<

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
It's a tie between Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask for me, but for the sake of the poll...I choose TP.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I've perfectly completed them all except the oracles (stupid gasha tree heart pieces and rings :() and the 1st LoZ 2nd runthrough.

LoZ: By far the hardest when you are in the 2nd runthruogh. Finding stuff is just impossible. In general, this game is an amazing classic, but not the best.

Z2: Mario Zelda lol. While this game was interesting in concept and not a bad game, I'm glad they didn't go this way with the series. It did introduce the magic bar though (come back!!!)

LLTP: A contender for best. This game is beautiful, has a good story, good depth, good gameplay, it's pretty much got everything. It's just too short and kinda easy.

LA: Game is sex. Basically the same as above. I loved how unique this world was. Amazing concept.

OoT: Best traditional Zelda. Would have gotten with my vote if not for MM. There isn't much to say about it that hasn't been said and won't be said again into the infinity.

MM: IMO, the best Zelda. Anyone who thinks this game is short is an idiot. While there are only 4/5 (I count the moon as half of one) dungeons, they are all really good, and the sidequests are just beyond magnificent. In addition, this game has the darkest story and most vividly realistic characters, and it's system is so unique. Nintendo needs to release more MM style Zelda games, AKA, ones that are actually atypical.

OoS: Not as good as ages, but still great in the extreme. I loved these games to death for their ability to be played as one game, and how they affect eachother when combined. Truly another great concept, and one I hope they will repeat.

OoA: Better than seasons. This game has story, gameplay, good dungeons and items, and has an amazing concept. The time travel was so good. Oceans moved, caves collapsed, species went extinct, just too good.

At this point, I'd like to say than GBC and N64 era is the best era of Zelda ever. (and gaming in general lol)

WW: I liked this game. It had another good story, and good gameplay minus the tedious sailing. Also a little too short. Still quite good and underrated. I didn't like the graphics though /stillhater

4SA: Lulzy game. It's lots of fun with many people, and a decent game by itself. Not the best, but it has the win of multiplayer that other LoZ doesn't.

Minish cap: Good gameplay and nice concept. Not as good as older LoZ, but not a bad game by any means.

Twilight Princess: #1 most overrated LoZ game of all time. It's not a bad game, but it's wwwwaaaaaayyyyyyyy to easy, and it lacks story. it starts out amazing, and then just kinda peters out in the middle (story-wise). WTF is up with that? It also mentions a bunch of LoZ stuff without mentioning it. It would be much more confusing to play if you hadn't played OoT first story wise. And there was so little development of the Twilight realm. Midna was a **** cool character, but there weren't any other characters!. Anyways, it played well and looked cool, but lacked story, putting it out of running for "best game in LoZ", when there are multiple games that have everything, as opposed to just most things.

PH: I know I'm in the minority, but I hate moving with the stylus. The rest is good, but I like buttons, and this game doesn't have those. The touch screen gave us some nice depth of controls we didn't have before though, and it's fairy big and still fun. I just wish we didn't have to go through the temple of the ocean king 9001 times.

Crossbow training/ Tingles rupeeland: Don't really count lol.

ST: someone should have voted for this before it's out lol.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I've perfectly completed them all except the oracles (stupid gasha tree heart pieces and rings :() and the 1st LoZ 2nd runthrough.

LoZ: By far the hardest when you are in the 2nd runthruogh. Finding stuff is just impossible. In general, this game is an amazing classic, but not the best.

Z2: Mario Zelda lol. While this game was interesting in concept and not a bad game, I'm glad they didn't go this way with the series. It did introduce the magic bar though (come back!!!)

LLTP: A contender for best. This game is beautiful, has a good story, good depth, good gameplay, it's pretty much got everything. It's just too short and kinda easy.

LA: Game is sex. Basically the same as above. I loved how unique this world was. Amazing concept.

OoT: Best traditional Zelda. Would have gotten with my vote if not for MM. There isn't much to say about it that hasn't been said and won't be said again into the infinity.

MM: IMO, the best Zelda. Anyone who thinks this game is short is an idiot. While there are only 4/5 (I count the moon as half of one) dungeons, they are all really good, and the sidequests are just beyond magnificent. In addition, this game has the darkest story and most vividly realistic characters, and it's system is so unique. Nintendo needs to release more MM style Zelda games, AKA, ones that are actually atypical.

OoS: Not as good as ages, but still great in the extreme. I loved these games to death for their ability to be played as one game, and how they affect eachother when combined. Truly another great concept, and one I hope they will repeat.

OoA: Better than seasons. This game has story, gameplay, good dungeons and items, and has an amazing concept. The time travel was so good. Oceans moved, caves collapsed, species went extinct, just too good.

At this point, I'd like to say than GBC and N64 era is the best era of Zelda ever. (and gaming in general lol)

WW: I liked this game. It had another good story, and good gameplay minus the tedious sailing. Also a little too short. Still quite good and underrated. I didn't like the graphics though /stillhater

4SA: Lulzy game. It's lots of fun with many people, and a decent game by itself. Not the best, but it has the win of multiplayer that other LoZ doesn't.

Minish cap: Good gameplay and nice concept. Not as good as older LoZ, but not a bad game by any means.

Twilight Princess: #1 most overrated LoZ game of all time. It's not a bad game, but it's wwwwaaaaaayyyyyyyy to easy, and it lacks story. it starts out amazing, and then just kinda peters out in the middle (story-wise). WTF is up with that? It also mentions a bunch of LoZ stuff without mentioning it. It would be much more confusing to play if you hadn't played OoT first story wise. And there was so little development of the Twilight realm. Midna was a **** cool character, but there weren't any other characters!. Anyways, it played well and looked cool, but lacked story, putting it out of running for "best game in LoZ", when there are multiple games that have everything, as opposed to just most things.

PH: I know I'm in the minority, but I hate moving with the stylus. The rest is good, but I like buttons, and this game doesn't have those. The touch screen gave us some nice depth of controls we didn't have before though, and it's fairy big and still fun. I just wish we didn't have to go through the temple of the ocean king 9001 times.

Crossbow training/ Tingles rupeeland: Don't really count lol.

ST: someone should have voted for this before it's out lol.
I almost agree with everything you have said. TP doesnt deserve as much praise as it has been getting recently. It had some great characters like Midna and Zant and had amazing graphics... but the story and feel of the game was lacking.

And yes, ALttP is one of the best Zelda games. I'm not sure how easy it is, though... I never beat it... :(

Spire

III
BRoomer
Here's a question: when you hear "Zelda" or "Legend of Zelda", what game comes to mind first and/or the most prominently? That should answer which one is truly your favorite.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Here's a question: when you hear "Zelda" or "Legend of Zelda", what game comes to mind first and/or the most prominently? That should answer which one is truly your favorite.
I just think "awesome" since it's my favorite series.

Honestly, I could have voted for anything between LttP and OoS/OoA. I chose MM because it's not in line with typical Zelda, and because it's so much darker than all the other Zelda games. You can really feel the tragedy in MM, with the Goron and Zora heroes dying, Anju having her fiancee disappearing, with the dead kingdom of Ikana. The game just has more emotion and feel to it than other LoZ.

BaconLegs

Smash Journeyman
OHO! :laugh:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Well, discussion has stagnated, and votes are pretty much not happening anymore, so...

This thread is locked. But expect a new poll thread to come up soon! :)

(Expect it around January, so everybody has time to play ST and judge it)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Bawwww... Leave it open until the new poll is ready.

getting discussion back on track (no pun intended) = good

locking due to slow vote stream = bad (the votes are intended to slowly accumulate as people stumble upon the poll)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'll make the last option "Da Choo Choo Zelda".

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I was thinking about whether a new thread would get created or not. I'm not sure whether or not my vote will have changed from ALttP by then, but I'm hoping to get substantially farther in Ocarina of Time by then, as well as some others, potentially, and I will be beating Spirit Tracks shortly.

Top Bottom