• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
Well, I prefer platforms also, which make BF my favorite stage as fox.

But just because it has no platforms, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad stage. I'd strike YI and Lylast over FD any day.

Except if I'm afraid my opponent will pick pika/ICs. In that case, ban that stage. :\

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Depends on the mu imo...

And lylat isn't that bad for fox(worse for some mu). Just learn the difference in ac heights. I like it for the platform placement.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Fox's best stage is BF.
Then it's either FD or SV as far as neutrals go.

Like Chef said, Lylast is a bad stage for fox. It hurts recovery, messes up lasering techs, and hurts auto cancels (which is essential to maintaing mobility), and is a small stage.

With that said though, Lylast does have a few advantages. If you can cancel fox's illusion (both shorten and lengthen), then you really stay quick by using that and the platforms together. If the stage tilts in your favor, you can force air releases which you can combo straight into upsmash depending on your opponent. In fox's really bad MUs (like pika, ICs and Sheik), this stage can actually help you. It's tilt messes up with pika's lock straight after the chain grab and the tilt of the stage hurts Sheik's ftilt lock a bit iirc. Overall though, I wouldn't recommend it.

As far as neutrals go, you are probably better off sticking to BF, FD, and SV. Fox's only bad neutrals imo are Lylast and YI. CS, PS 1, and PS 2 (if it is legal) are mediocre.

This is all imo.
Agreed, but I only hate FD and Lylat because of the ledges.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Lylat IS terrible for Fox wtf. The tilt of the stage messes with recovery and you can't auto cancel aerials most of the time. Fox's lasers are terrible because they either go too high when the stage is tilted down or they hit the stage when it is tilted up.

:phone:
This post is full of truth.

Fack Lylat.

Sarix

Smash Ace
I don't like going to Lylat even when I'm not Fox. The constant tilting make spacing and camping awkward, the platforms are nicely set up but the tilting I feel really offsets that boon.

Kuares

Pizza
Snake's also pretty awesome on Lylat. C4's and mines are rough. That's my Ban against that char.

Other than the normal Platform canceling tricks, you can upsmash people from below on the side platforms but not the middle one.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Me too, other than the fact it was pretty much built for Wolf :awesome:

-also for the record the tilting is entirely predictable and isn't random other than which "tilt path" it takes first.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Pfff shuffling

try bboying like a man :smirk:

really really, really ugly set of mine back in the day, but it's all i ever got uploaded LOL. I'm first one out.

Gotta get back into this, me and my buddy are gonna start again after like months of just chilling lol.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I Bboy'd back in middle school.

I know that, Barchata, Merengue, Salsa, various (black) dances, and now I'm learning shuffling. I need to C-Walk though

Kuares

Pizza
Ha, just remember to incorporate moonwalking, dash dancing, boost pivot grabs, and RAR's. Techskill will carry over, I promise you.

Top Bottom