• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

Kantrip

Kantplay

I'm Mustadio Bunansa, Town Machinist.

I have two abilities:

What I wanted to hold secret was that I'm a Tracker in addition to a Watcher.

My L1 is simply called Track. I had expressed some suspicion over Ryker's tracker claim earlier in part due to having this ability. Each night I target a player, and am informed of which players (if any) they visited. I am told that using an ability on themselves does not count as a visit.

My L2 is called Take Aim, and is my watching ability. Each night I target a player, and I'm informed of any players that visit them.

Night 1, as mentioned I watched Gheb. Inferno and Gova were the other visitors, this is old news.

Night 1, I also tracked Kantrip. This is why I was so hard on his slot D2, insisting he was scum. I thought he was scum because he visited a whopping THREE players that night, not two, as he claims.

Kantrip visited Seph's slot, Ryker, and Legolas. He targeted a slot that's now doomed, a slot that was up for execution, and Legolas, somehow. That's a problem.
That confirms that Sang received the Split Punch, and shows my attempt at protecting Ryker. I did not visit Legolas in any way, though. Is this a Bardull-esque gamit a la Adventure Time, or is it legit? If it's legit, then there's something REALLY ****ed up going on. Like, forced targeting kind of ****ed up. I suppose that would make sense as a manipulative role for mafia when the primary town investigative uses tracks and watches.

I bull****ted tracking Glyph in an attempt to get him to slip up, given that I was very suspicious of his supposed Hellcry Punch.

Night 2 is where **** gets confusing.

I tracked Legolas. He did not visit Gova at all. He visited Kantrip and Inferno.

I watched Ryker. No players targeted him.

SO, Glyph is lying, Kantrip is lying and confusing, and I have no idea what the **** is going on with all these redirects and roleblocks.

Kantrip and Glyph both need to die, Glyph first.
Why is Legolas not lying? He is shown targeting two people, neither of which being his claimed targets. However, what's interesting is Inferno is claiming voteblocked which is naturally coming from Legolas's ability. What is Legolas doing visiting me? I hold to my suspicion of Legolas-Indy.

In fact, I'm more wary of LegolasIndy than GlyphIndy.

Glyph, you still haven't explained the miller ordeal.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Ryker I was really hoping you wouldn't be on my ***. So I'll talk:

Real role is Time Mage/Dragoon. I made mistakes and it would've been better if I had claimed before a mass claim. Long story short, I was gonna claim priest, try and bait a NK and jump to avoid it. With the lack of a NK both nights and people going to lynch me, that plan went down the drain. I do wanna point out that I planned on making this gambit as I was picking classes. I have not jumped N1 or N2. Used haste on Gheb (which might be why the execution thing went on. Sorry Ryker) and have not used stop (RB/VB) and will use it on whomever Ryker wants me to use it on barring myself.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Someone unvote to make room for Sang/Gova.

I want to still be on the wagon to see if he has used a second ability.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............

I dunno that I want you to use them at all. Slow on Lego, I guess, but I can't see a use in roleblocking someone who isn't you.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
My role PM says that I show up as mafia to any investigation. Looks to me like the problem lies with the investigator being insane or otherwise ****ed with.

:phone:

Kantrip

Kantplay
My role PM says that I show up as mafia to any investigation. Looks to me like the problem lies with the investigator being insane or otherwise ****ed with.

I doubt insanity is a factor here for a one-shot. I don't see any reason for someone to lie about being miller if they in fact come up inno.

I can think of only one reason to maintain it: That you're indy who didn't know if they'd come up as inno or guilty so they took a risk.

Barring that, I'll accept "****ed with", but gogdammit this mafia has a lot of things that can do that then.

Kantrip

Kantplay
How many people have claimed Dragoon Lv.2 now? Class of the month or something.

Ryker I wanted your opinion on Legolas indy earlier if Glyph isn't indy. I don't like that he doesn't have a stone. I don't like that his actions don't line up (though they're just as skewed as mine are from N1 so I'll accept this one). I think his play should be better about now, but it continues to be lurky and passive and... survivalistic I guess. I don't like his claim in general: Role name seems off, ability gives town far too many investigatives.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You are reaching hard about his stone and you are my second pick after Glyph. His claim makes his play line up a lot better. He is by no means cleared, but he's better than you, Glyph, and Inferno.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm not reaching about his stone, I'm simply saying that I don't like him not having one. It's not a huge point.

Also something that occurred to me: Why are we indy hunting when we believe there to be an additional mafioso? Shouldn't we be getting the mafia NK out of the game to give more margin for error while indy hunting? If there's a reason for this that's fine, it's just something that confused me.

@Legolas: Where are your heads at? We haven't heard from you guys for a while.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Kantrip, my claim that you visited Legolas is not a gambit in any way. Not in mass-claim time.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kantrip, my claim that you visited Legolas is not a gambit in any way. Not in mass-claim time.
Okay. Then all I can think of is possibly something being reflected back at him that he tried to target at me or there being a manipulative mafia targeting role. -shrug-

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm not reaching about his stone, I'm simply saying that I don't like him not having one. It's not a huge point.
Then stop acting like it is one.

Also something that occurred to me: Why are we indy hunting when we believe there to be an additional mafioso? Shouldn't we be getting the mafia NK out of the game to give more margin for error while indy hunting? If there's a reason for this that's fine, it's just something that confused me.
We don't know whether or not our indy has a night kill. We don't know whether he wins over town should we lynch the last mafioso. And a night kill isn't really threatening to town in the slightest. Kantrip is going to protect Gova tonight so he's not gonna die. Gova is going to protect Rajam, I guess. Rajam is going to protect Raz. I'm going to jump. Inferno is NOT going to jump.

Anyone else who dies is going to be one more question mark down the drain.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Didn't Gova say he lost his other ability and you said you don't care? Wouldn't that mean Gova can't participate in the protection chain?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Didn't Gova say he lost his other ability and you said you don't care? Wouldn't that mean Gova can't participate in the protection chain?
His ability didn't work. Presumably because I'm a Thief.

If that's the case, then fine, honestly. Losing Rajam or Raz wouldn't be a terrible thing either.

Rajam

Smash Champion
My stone is Aries; I am a townie; I am a Thief Lv.1 and Dragoon Lv. 2. First night (when I replaced in) I was asked if I wanted to use my Jump ability and I did not. I wasn't fully aware what it did and was nervous about doing something I didn't understand. Last Night, I got the Pitfall ability from RR and used it. If there's anything else, give me heads up. Otherwise, I need to finish my read to give you an opinion, Ryker.
- "Your role will then be named after your roles chosen (e.g., Overswarm, Archer/Samurai) for all intents and purposes, with the first being your level 1 and second being level 2."

- "Red Ryu (Queklain, Mafia Lucavi Demon Oracle / Geomancer, PISCES)"

From the geomancer role:

- "Lv. 1 Pitfall - The first ability used on you in the NAR after this ability goes through will fail, regardless of its source.
Passive:"

@MOD: Could you confirm if the Pitfall ability listed in the OP is passive or not? The word "passive:" at the final of the description is confusing

mmm it really seems that the mafia roles are not the described in the OP, or else Sangfroid's claim would be in direct contradiction with the stuff put above. Sangfroid, could you confirm if the pitfall ability you received is the same one as the described in the OP? Why did you receive a passive ability? :/

From what you claimed here, you haven't used the dragoon ability then (neither N1 nor N2)?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think I should protect Raz to make sure his track/watch go through on target.

Or I could protect Legolas to make sure HIS thing goes on target. It depends on how I feel on this slot.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I think I should protect Raz to make sure his track/watch go through on target.

Or I could protect Legolas to make sure HIS thing goes on target. It depends on how I feel on this slot.
No. Infinite no.

Raz is much more likely to be indy/mafia than Gova and his ability is next to ****ing useless with all the misdirection he's received thus far.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Gee kantrip why don't you lie out every night action

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
While this is a game where a mass claim was needed, it is not a game where night action direction is too beneficial.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I... thought that was what we were doing.

Okay, done now then. I'll be looking back at Red Ryu/Gheb for connections, then I'll be looking for indy play. A re-read would be beneficial for everyone I think.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Lynch Glyph, then Inferno, then Kantrip, then Lego.

Lynch Sang if she doesn't die on her own.

Game is won.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Any ability you have to send in is an active ability by definition. The "Passive:" is referring to the ability posted after it which is passive.

-MOD

So if Legolas visited me, chances are they are the one that VB'd me. Did you investigate me Legolas? What's the result?
Alright alright, we had to go silent for a while, while some mod things were figured out.
Overswarm made an error.
We did get night action results, which will be verified soon by the insult actually going through.

Our result was town, seeing as Inferno is voteblocked and he will be insulted soon, it is confirmed that it is indeed Inferno.

@mod, please start the insulting.

@Legolas: Where are your heads at? We haven't heard from you guys for a while.
Our heads is at Glyph. Tomorrow should be You (doubting the N1 result and thinking it was a self-target) or Raziek I guess?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Sangfroid, could you confirm if the pitfall ability you received is the same one as the described in the OP? Why did you receive a passive ability? :/
It is the same one as described above because I was told to read and make sure. If you look at all of the other passive abilities, it has (passive): before it. Pitfall does not and has it afterwards but before the second ability, which, as I have pointed out, is passive. Pitfall is not passive and is, in fact, active as it requires the player to send in the action as Use: and whatnot. I had to send in that action and, as it states in the power of Pitfall, any abilities used after that action is sent in fails. That, alone, suggests an active power. Look at the bolded:

Pitfall - The first ability used on you in the NAR after this ability goes through will fail, regardless of its source.
Rajam said:
From what you claimed here, you haven't used the dragoon ability then (neither N1 nor N2)?
I did not use the Dragoon ability N1 because I was confused about it. I did not use it N2 because I had Pitfall and found it redundant to use that and Jump at the same time.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wow RR barely did anything, a good chunk of his entire post count was dedicated to bickering with me.

Ryker your terrible at everything, quit life please

Dislike Kantrip more than anyone, gonna quite when I'm not going to bed/writing a program.

Not certain on Ryker v Gheb but

@Rajam: don't use that as reasoning, it screams past game salt. And I should know better seeing as how I was in MMX and replaced into his slot in another game after him pushing off himself got a cop lynched.

Use his current play, not past meta unless you show a pattern.
This advice to Rajam is off to me.

Hey Inferno, what do you think of Kantrip?
This question was out of the blue and really didn't serve a purpose. I'd bank on distancing for this one.

1. Raziek - Null. - might be willing to lynch if inactivity is a problem, but otherise sits at null for me. Can't remember much play wise.

2. Legolas - Leaning town. - Can't see why he is scum at all. I think his pushes on Glyph are entirely warrented along with the general pushes at everyone who targetted

3. Ryker - He is town. I refuse to beleieve otherwise, Nich killed himself, after reading all the stuff Ryker posted to get him lynched I refuse to beleive he would do this as scum with this much effort.

4. Orbo - Null - Sitting here atm, not much to say.

5. Inferno3044 - null, Got to remember how he plays, he's fine but I can't get a good read on him from his posts, would lynch but not someone I prefer to go for.

7. Kantrip - Scum - Please kill him. I hate his D1 play and his nonexistant D2 play is enough to make me want to kill him.

8. Gova - Leaning town. Why is this guy scum? Every post when he comes back to post is content. No fluff, no deflection, it's just pure content and thought. This isn't Gova from Ragnarok.

9. Red Ryu - :lucario: :peanut:

10. Rajam - Null, ignoring activity it's not a scum tell, would lynch if it was necessary but not to the point to of others like Kantrip and Glyph.

11. Sangfroid Warrior - Null, is he/she playing?, sorry can't remember gender atm, If she posts more I can get a read, need to look at question wise.

12. Glyph - Scum - hate him, he has no town motivation from what I can see from his responses outside of deflection to his past posts.

13. Gheb - town, even with his suspicion of me I like his posting style to look around at the roaster, and contribute a fair amount.

~

Still working on my reread of Gheb and Ryker, Kantrip can wait, I got my play for the day

unvote
Vote: Glyph
His stances on Inferno and Rajam are pretty similar and both are equally gross. "Null. I would lynch but don't want to very much".

Glyph is pretty clearly not aligned with Red Ryu through their interactions and Red Ryu's opportunistic jump onto him at this point. RR was definitely taking advantage of the lynch on the better player and then he would have jumped back to me afterwards. Basically Glyph is town or indy. But we knew that.

Otherwise... yeah there was really no substance in Red Ryu's play.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright alright, we had to go silent for a while, while some mod things were figured out.
Overswarm made an error.
We did get night action results, which will be verified soon by the insult actually going through.

Our result was town, seeing as Inferno is voteblocked and he will be insulted soon, it is confirmed that it is indeed Inferno.

@mod, please start the insulting.

Our heads is at Glyph. Tomorrow should be You (doubting the N1 result and thinking it was a self-target) or Raziek I guess?
Ninja'd hardcore.

For the record I'm not doubting the N1 action. I recall you saying something about a reflect to begin with, and that lines up with Raziek's result. Otherwise, nothing else does.

Now I don't even know anymore. What faction is even left?

Overswarm

is laughing at you

The MOD (ME!) did make an error, and as always with any MOD errors I discuss it via PM privately if I feel in any way it will affect the game or if too much time has passed.

I cannot confirm or deny what the mistake in question was, but...

Everyone is forced to insult Inferno once this Day phase in red font! Keep in mind you cannot type in red unless you are insulting Inferno!

If you don't, you will be voteblocked and roleblocked the following Day phase.

You may also insult the moderator because he made an error!

Given the status of this, the game's twilight will be around a bit longer should everyone not have an insult by the time a hammer is dropped, and insults given during that time will still count.

This is probably the most confusing game to mod I can think of, and I ran FF6.

Top Bottom