• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

Rajam

Smash Champion
Ryker I was really hoping you wouldn't be on my ***. So I'll talk:

Real role is Time Mage/Dragoon. I made mistakes and it would've been better if I had claimed before a mass claim. Long story short, I was gonna claim priest, try and bait a NK and jump to avoid it. With the lack of a NK both nights and people going to lynch me, that plan went down the drain. I do wanna point out that I planned on making this gambit as I was picking classes. I have not jumped N1 or N2. Used haste on Gheb (which might be why the execution thing went on. Sorry Ryker) and have not used stop (RB/VB) and will use it on whomever Ryker wants me to use it on barring myself.
Seriously, why isn't this guy already dead

Rajam

Smash Champion
If you're so confident that I was scum, why didn't you shoot me? You had the opportunity to kill me and you didn't take it. I'm also assuming that you don't believe Legolas.
Because the ability came from some scum source since no one claimed it, so it wasn't trustable.

Also, I actually believe Lego in some parts:
- OS said this setup can be played several times. With a simple mass stone-claim, Lego's role can easily be found (overall I think some stones are shuffled, and some other stones -probably the associated to key, important characters flavorwise- are mantained, to avoid ruining mafia with it), so I don't think the role is super-scummy oriented. Given the flip, the Dark Sword ability is most likely true. Problem is, Lego claimed he targeted you, and obviously he would say he got town regardless of whatever he got. I don't trust you, and hence I didn't trust Lego. Lego's flip would eventually help in figuring out your allignment, but he flipped indy, town and mafia at the same time, so at the end it wasn't very useful... -_-

I guess you mean if I believe or not Lego got a town result on you? Of course I don't believe that part. Even if he got mafia, he wouldn't have claimed that. Adding to the several points I have presented against you in the previous Days, last Day you fake-claimed during the mass-claim, retracting later under the "gambit" disguise. Trying to attract a Night Kill?? yeah sure... you initially claimed visiting Ryker N1 and Raziek N2 to protect them, and later you retracted those visits by claiming you're a Dragoon instead of a Priest... You don't gambit and lie during mass claims. You're not to be trusted at all. There's just too much stuff on you

Glyph also needs to die. His theory of Ryker being mafia is ridiculous, and only tries to create paranoia. More or less the same by adding Gova as a possible suspect. If he thought Ryker was scum, he should've fought against the suggested claim-order beforehand, and presented the case against Ryker before mass-claim. In his crumb he didn't crumbed abilities, which is also oddly convenient. Didn't claim miller status asap as the game started.

Anyways, Inferno, then Glyph for me.

vote: Inferno3044

Do we need to mass-claim what we did last Night?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@Inferno - No. I'm supposed to die at the end of the NAR for Night 4.

So, I got Dark Sword from Lego. I was going to target Glyph but was told that I wouldn't know if my power went through or not and that I would't be told about my alignment at the end. So, I didn't think it would be of any use. Stupid, I know, but, by the time I was at a computer to change it, Day had started. Sorry :ohwell:

I wasn't able to read through yesterDay during the Night so I will be doing that as soon as possible. I won't be able to be here much tomorrow, Thursday, or Friday, and this weekend is iffy for me. Same with Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of next week. I'll try to post as much as possible but I will be very busy.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Because the ability came from some scum source since no one claimed it, so it wasn't trustable.
I agree that it came from a scum source, which further clears me. But since you're so confident that I'm scum, please tell me why scum would choose you to kill someone who is scum. You were the only one who wanted me dead at that time and you've been determined on it since you actually decided to play this game. Please think of that situation and tell me how it's not How to Set Up a Miskill 101.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523

Glyph also needs to die. His theory of Ryker being mafia is ridiculous, and only tries to create paranoia. More or less the same by adding Gova as a possible suspect. If he thought Ryker was scum, he should've fought against the suggested claim-order beforehand, and presented the case against Ryker before mass-claim. In his crumb he didn't crumbed abilities, which is also oddly convenient. Didn't claim miller status asap as the game started.
Its logic like that that makes you such a wonderful person to keep around til endgame for scum. Why would I have fought against the claim-order, it was fine the way it was in regards to what I wanted to present. And no, presenting before that would have been absolutely the most foolish thing I could have done. When you present a case before you force them into a hard stance, you give them all the power. They can tailor their claim to fit with what you've put forth.

Again, you try to claim 'roleblocker' without making it blatantly obvious. And your idea of 'r block' or whatever you said was stupid. How do you work that into conversation naturally?

And why would I have claimed miller status?

So, I got Dark Sword from Lego. I was going to target Glyph but was told that I wouldn't know if my power went through or not and that I would't be told about my alignment at the end. So, I didn't think it would be of any use. Stupid, I know, but, by the time I was at a computer to change it, Day had started. Sorry :ohwell:
What was your read on me when you had planned to target me with that power?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@Inferno - No. I'm supposed to die at the end of the NAR for Night 4.

I wasn't able to read through yesterDay during the Night so I will be doing that as soon as possible. I won't be able to be here much tomorrow, Thursday, or Friday, and this weekend is iffy for me. Same with Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of next week. I'll try to post as much as possible but I will be very busy.
What does it do?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

Also, I actually believe Lego in some parts:
- OS said this setup can be played several times. With a simple mass stone-claim, Lego's role can easily be found (overall I think some stones are shuffled, and some other stones -probably the associated to key, important characters flavorwise- are mantained, to avoid ruining mafia with it), so I don't think the role is super-scummy oriented. Given the flip, the Dark Sword ability is most likely true. Problem is, Lego claimed he targeted you, and obviously he would say he got town regardless of whatever he got. I don't trust you, and hence I didn't trust Lego. Lego's flip would eventually help in figuring out your allignment, but he flipped indy, town and mafia at the same time, so at the end it wasn't very useful... -_-

I guess you mean if I believe or not Lego got a town result on you? Of course I don't believe that part. Even if he got mafia, he wouldn't have claimed that. Adding to the several points I have presented against you in the previous Days, last Day you fake-claimed during the mass-claim, retracting later under the "gambit" disguise. Trying to attract a Night Kill?? yeah sure... you initially claimed visiting Ryker N1 and Raziek N2 to protect them, and later you retracted those visits by claiming you're a Dragoon instead of a Priest... You don't gambit and lie during mass claims. You're not to be trusted at all. There's just too much stuff on you

Anyways, Inferno, then Glyph for me.

vote: Inferno3044

Do we need to mass-claim what we did last Night?
I HIGHLY doubt he would try to play to the mafia's side. He would turn Inferno over in a heartbeat. As scummy as Inferno is, I think Xonar was telling the truth.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
What was your read on me when you had planned to target me with that power?
I wasn't sure and I was hoping that it would help clear up some of my misconceptions. If my alignment was scum after that night I would have voted you, but if my alignment had stayed town it would have cleared you.

What does it do?
If you have that ability, you can target any player and you can't be Night killed when you use it. The target gets voteblocked and your alignment changes to that of the player you targeted.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
If your alignment was scum, why on earth would have you forced yourself into a loss by outing your scummate? You wouldn't be town anymore.

Sang that whole plan is wack.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
:facepalm: Ha! XD I actually hadn't thought that I would have had the ability to talk to scum if I turned scum. My perspective, at the time, was that I would be able to clear you if you were indeed town and condemn you if you were scum. It didn't occur to me that I would actually be scum. Oh, well.

Rajam

Smash Champion
I agree that it came from a scum source, which further clears me. But since you're so confident that I'm scum, please tell me why scum would choose you to kill someone who is scum. You were the only one who wanted me dead at that time and you've been determined on it since you actually decided to play this game. Please think of that situation and tell me how it's not How to Set Up a Miskill 101.
You = mafia
Glyph = Indy

Basically, Glyph offering me to kill you would fit this. You aren't clear at all

I'm also assuming a bad case scenario where we're still dealing with one more mafia, and one indy. I'm in the same thought-line as Kantrip: I think there is still one mafia, since Red Ryu and Gheb didn't act like they lost everything when they died. Also, I think the execute obeys indy motivations and goes along with bad-case scenario, which is wise to assume, while not being paranoic (like assuming Ryker and Gheb are mafia and they targeted themselves with the execute, specially considering Inferno fits 1000x times better the role of Gheb+RR scummate as a 3rd mafia member). I still want to lynch Inferno first. In a 13-players setup 3 mafia has been always the most likely number. 2 indies isn't ridiculous assuming Lego's role is more town-oriented, knowing how easy is to detect him and knowing this setup can be played several times, plus, the setup having a bunch of power roles, which is a pro-town balance.

---

Glyph, I feel like you're avoiding Inferno. Assuming one indy and one mafia is left, and knowing they both are in a bad position, I think the last thing they want now is lynch each other, and instead try to get rid of some townies first in conjunction. I don't like your theory on Ryker, neither I like you throwing Gova in the lynch pool without much detailed reasoning. Anyways, question:

Give me your read on Inferno. Throw everything; be as detailed as possible

Inferno, same thing on Glyph: I want to hear your full, detailed read on him.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523

Look, he thinks he's people!

I don't really have a read on Inferno because I haven't really been looking at him. Mostly because you have been making cases against him, which is typically a sign that that person is town.

Also, where did I throw Gova into the lynch pool, I honestly don't remember with these night phases that last a million years.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Its logic like that that makes you such a wonderful person to keep around til endgame for scum. Why would I have fought against the claim-order, it was fine the way it was in regards to what I wanted to present. And no, presenting before that would have been absolutely the most foolish thing I could have done. When you present a case before you force them into a hard stance, you give them all the power. They can tailor their claim to fit with what you've put forth.

Again, you try to claim 'roleblocker' without making it blatantly obvious. And your idea of 'r block' or whatever you said was stupid. How do you work that into conversation naturally?

And why would I have claimed miller status?
Not buying. Ryker proposed the mass-claim. Ryker proposed the mass-claim order. Ryker proposed him going last. The player you consider scum proposed all this and you presented no objections of any sort. Not even an attempt to move Ryker some spots above in the claim order. ok, you could've presented the detailed case after the mass-claim (as you did anyways), but it doesn't justify that you didn't even express you had suspicion on Ryker and hence him going last on the mass-claim shouldn't have been ok with you.

Yet you managed to crumb Libra, Divine, Knight, miller in very ingenious ways, passing Libra as Libera in a youtube video, Knight as night, miller as mill ar; I bet no one noticed your crumbs until you claimed them... you can also crumb any word by using capitals, like Raziek did with the fake "mason" crumb... I really doubt you weren't able to figure out a way to crumb something like roleblocker, idk... with T-block around...

dsklfjldks anyways, back to what's truly important now: what really bothers me is that, conveniently imo, you didn't crumb your abilities despite you left crumbs for everything else. Also, did you really expect that crumbing "Divine Knight" could help in anything? I mean, who the hell knows what a Divine Knight does?? Reeks to safe claim, and by not crumbing abilities (plus your "Divine Knight" role which doesn't clarify anything either), you can adapt your ability/ies claims to whatever the situation is. Sorry, like you with Ryker, it's my turn to be a little paranoic with you here on this.

Regarding the miller situation, afaik is a trend to claim miller status asap as a game begins. Anyways this miller point adds a little less than 10 points to the total of 100 points to your scummyness. Your behavior previous to the mass claim and the "convenient" lack of crumb of abilities in your crumbs adds the other ~ 90%.

Rajam

Smash Champion

Look, he thinks he's people!

I don't really have a read on Inferno because I haven't really been looking at him. Mostly because you have been making cases against him, which is typically a sign that that person is town.

Also, where did I throw Gova into the lynch pool, I honestly don't remember with these night phases that last a million years.
Really?? "Rajam is so bad that Inferno is probably town"???

unvote
vote: Glyph

No, don't avoid. Read on Inferno now. Details. If it so bothers you that I'm the one making the case on him, then ignore it. Do you think it's "normal" for a town player to retract a claim in which he claimed visits once the mass-claim is done?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yet you managed to crumb Libra, Divine, Knight, miller in very ingenious ways, passing Libra as Libera in a youtube video, Knight as night, miller as mill ar; I bet no one noticed your crumbs until you claimed them... you can also crumb any word by using capitals, like Raziek did with the fake "mason" crumb... I really doubt you weren't able to figure out a way to crumb something like roleblocker, idk... with T-block around...

dsklfjldks anyways, back to what's truly important now: what really bothers me is that, conveniently imo, you didn't crumb your abilities despite you left crumbs for everything else. Also, did you really expect that crumbing "Divine Knight" could help in anything? I mean, who the hell knows what a Divine Knight does?? Reeks to safe claim, and by not crumbing abilities (plus your "Divine Knight" role which doesn't clarify anything either), you can adapt your ability/ies claims to whatever the situation is. Sorry, like you with Ryker, it's my turn to be a little paranoic with you here on this.

Regarding the miller situation, afaik is a trend to claim miller status asap as a game begins. Anyways this miller point adds a little less than 10 points to the total of 100 points to your scummyness. Your behavior previous to the mass claim and the "convenient" lack of crumb of abilities in your crumbs adds the other ~ 90%.
[/FONT]
Rajam goin in!

Glyph or Kantplay dies today. One is scum. They're no fun.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
At this point I'd rather just be lynched so I can know who is actually scum here.

Don't think its Sang, Rajam, or Raziek. Inferno is ... something, probably?

Ryker I still think is mafia (OMG what a conspiracy theory right). Kantrip is probably not town aligned too.

Lets lynch me and move forward

Apparently I thought Gova was scum yesterday?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
That post got out of order on accident, the gova read thing should be up a line.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
And I maintain that its harder to effectively crumb 'roleblocker' than you think since 'block' is a hot word for mafia. And the capitals thing is actually pretty transparent 90% of the time since people will start every sentence in a weird way.

Allow me to clarify.

'Crap, guy! Really not sure what I'm going to crumb here. Uhh, I guess its going to be kind of hard to find? Man, crumbing is fun though. Bring on your votes, nerds'

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
In a mafia game, 'block' is a hot (meaning it catches the eye of the reader) word.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Then lynch me

I'll even help

But it totally is and I'm going to argue with you about it in post game

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
****'s on par with like 'cop' as far as common mafia roles go. Especially with a player with 'block' in his name (since it wouldn't have a T in it, it would catch the eye even harder since people are naturally drawn to what their brain registers as a typo).

And you're absolutely right that its usually a mafia role, which means I'd be looking at a crumb like that even harder

Rajam

Smash Champion
Watched you again, tracked Glyph.

Roleblocked.

Then either you or Kantrip is lying, or someone mess'd up with my Night Action...

I mimic'd Kantrip, and targeted you

According to Kantrip's claim (#1784, paraphrasing here):

"Lvl 2 Lionsguard Servitude: Target is protected from dying, and from roleblocks and redirects. If fails to visit successfully, Kantrip takes two votes less to lynch"

Kantrip said that he got a notification N1 that he would take two votes less to lynch D2 after trying to use this ability on Ryker. I didn't receive any notification like that last Night, so if the ability is true, it should've worked

Kantrip also claimed his other abilities were 1-shot and that they've been already used

unvote

Top Bottom